Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (701774 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Jsegskenny: 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jigba:

I personally know a Nigerian who's studying there. Also note, that not every Nigerian student in Germany is on nariraland.

I don't know what you mean by are they xenophobic? Or do you mean racist? Yes there are racist Germans of course lipsrsealed Don't be discouraged though!. You might not experience it, everyone's experience is different

Hannover is a beautiful city, I've been there before, I'm sure there will be job opportunities for you, but you need to know a bit german though! My friend didn't get a job easily cause, he couldn't speak German.

Hannover is a very good city and less expensive in terms of living cost, I have been there. Spent a month and I enjoyed every bit of my stay. I met Nigerians and Ghanians there who were willing to help with any difficulty.

From my short experience, its a cool place

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by happystep(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jigba:

I personally know a Nigerian who's studying there. Also note, that not every Nigerian student in Germany is on nariraland.

I don't know what you mean by are they xenophobic? Or do you mean racist? Yes there are racist Germans of course lipsrsealed Don't be discouraged though!. You might not experience it, everyone's experience is different

Hannover is a beautiful city, I've been there before, I'm sure there will be job opportunities for you, but you need to know a bit german though! My friend didn't get a job easily cause, he couldn't speak German.

Thank you so much. You just relaxed my nerves. I have asked about that city on many forum yet. no answer, so I became afraid if they actually welcome Nigeria citizens. You know anywhere Nigeria is absent no other African can survive there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hybeenoni: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
i 4got to include my application for vpd in the documents i sent to uniassist, hw do you think this could be resolved?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
happystep:

Thank you so much. You just relaxed my nerves. I have asked about that city on many forum yet. no answer, so I became afraid if they actually welcome Nigeria citizens. You know anywhere Nigeria is absent no other African can survive there.

Nigerians are everywhere, lol

Don't be worried. You would be surprised that, there would be more Nigerians than you expected in the school/city

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
hybeenoni:
i 4got to include my application for vpd in the documents i sent to uniassist, hw do you think this could be resolved?

What's your intended school application deadline??

If the application is still going on, then send it to them if not, I don't think there's anything you can do about it. Maybe try emailing them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Danielakonic: 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2017
Ahha thank you.

Yes M.A and about my cgp, i managed to have 3.1

kelvinkelliii:

I assume you are applying for Msc

1. The Neco result will not affect you negatively as far as it is a good one.

2. Yes, you do have a chance of admission. Hope your CGP is not below 3.0/5.0.

3. I don't think the embassy is so concerned about your grades as far as you have been offered admission.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by EmmaIK: 10:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
Jigba:

There's one you should get from your local government. I'm not too sure embarassed

I also noticed the requirements for the Spousal visa has no financial requirements? is this possible? Do I need to submit bank statements?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
EmmaIK:

I also noticed the requirements for the Spousal visa has no financial requirements? is this possible? Do I need to submit bank statements?

No, you do not need to submit any bank statements
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by sammolarge19(m): 12:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Has anyone gotten a student visa interview appointment for the summer 2018/2019 semester yet? I have writing them but no response from the embassy yet. Please i need an advice on how to go about this.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by armpit: 6:30am On Nov 07, 2017
sammolarge19:
Has anyone gotten a student visa interview appointment for the summer 2018/2019 semester yet? I have writing them but no response from the embassy yet. Please i need an advice on how to go about this.

Hello sammolarge19

it is too early to be asking for visa interview appointment, admission is still very much open for the 2018 summer session. Or have you been admitted for the session/ did you defer a previous session admission ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by sammolarge19(m): 7:10am On Nov 07, 2017
Yep...I deferred from Winter to Summer 2018.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kasich(m): 7:28am On Nov 07, 2017
sammolarge19:

I am in your shoes too... deferred my winter admission at Rostock successfully to summer, because I couldn't get an interview date for winter.

I have mailed them severally but they have not replied yet, I don't want them to tell me stories that I didn't apply on time.

Please keep me informed should there be any reply to your mail, I'll let you know when they reply me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by DisturbingEU(m): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2017
EmmaIK:

For family reunion you don't need any statement of account or whatsoever.. Just take all the checklist!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Arigold007: 9:14am On Nov 07, 2017
Kasich:

I am in your shoes too... deferred my winter admission at Rostock successfully to summer, because I couldn't get an interview date for winter.

I have mailed them severally but they have not replied yet, I don't want them to tell me stories that I didn't apply on time.

Please keep me informed should there be any reply to your mail, I'll let you know when they reply me
pls do keep me informed, I am in the same situation as you. no reply yet.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by happystep(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
What is the employment opportunity for a physicist in Germany.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by uniexport: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello house,what is the possibility of getting a job in kiel,as a student? have been given admission in Christian albrech university of kiel what is the cost of living there?your response will be highly appreciated
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ozyomar1(f): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello house... for those of us trying to get students visa appointment. I got this response from them last week.

Dear Sir / Madam,

there will be no appointments in the system before middle / end of November.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island, Lagos
Federal Republic of Nigeria

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Anyone with more information should please share with us.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adebowale14: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
armpit:

Hello sammolarge19

it is too early to be asking for visa interview appointment, admission is still very much open for the 2018 summer session. Or have you been admitted for the session/ did you defer a previous session admission ?

Its not too early my brother or Sister.

According to wht i was told, we shld apply as soon as the embassy is opened for appointments. I also mailed dem, even did a remainder but no reply. We shld just keep checking the website.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Some people can like to give false information about things they have no clue of instead of just saying they have no idea.
My sister out of her desire to assist me with my plans to study in Germany asked a friend of hers that is resident in Germany to help me get the Verpflichtungserklarung (sponsorship letter), and he told her that its not possible for German schools to give direct admission to
Nigerias, that Nigerians must do a german course for a year (which is true for BSC applicants without german knowledge, applying for a German thought course). He even said he tried bringing his own brother to Germany to study but couldn't because it wasn't possible (lol). He said the blocked account will be permanently blocked. He said many other things and gave my sister reasons to doubt the possibility of studying in Germany.
I told her plainly that he doesn't know shit about what he is talking about, and made her understand that it's possible to be based in a country and not know anything about the countries visa and immigration rules.

He can't damp my spirit, I have already started sending out my applications.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hi guys, I am a new person on nairaland , I just got admitted to Hildesheim for summer 2018. I have read some of the posts but I have not been able to know what next to do.
On my admission letter my university asked me to certify my secondary school certificate, bachelor degree, transcript, language certificate etc

After you get admission Please what next
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lalaski001:
Some people can like to give false information about things they have no clue of instead of just saying they have no idea.
My sister out of her desire to assist me with my plans to study in Germany asked a friend of hers that is resident in Germany to help me get the Verpflichtungserklarung (sponsorship letter), and he told her that its not possible for German schools to give direct admission to
Nigerias, that Nigerians must do a german course for a year (which is true for BSC applicants without german knowledge, applying for a German thought course). He even said he tried bringing his own brother to Germany to study but couldn't because it wasn't possible (lol). He said the blocked account will be permanently blocked. He said many other things and gave my sister reasons to doubt the possibility of studying in Germany.
I told her plainly that he doesn't know shit about what he is talking about, and made her understand that it's possible to be based in a country and not know anything about the countries visa and immigration rules.

He can't damp my spirit, I have already started sending out my applications.

lol
I've heard similar experience with such oversabi(s) here. They act like because they've lived here for decades, that they know everything and you know nothing because you haven't lived here for a long time. Anyways, try to inform yourself wella.. It's very possible to live here and not know anything.

It could also be that he doesn't want to help you out
Anyways, goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
Jigba:

lol
I've heard similar experience with such oversabi(s) here. They act like because they've lived here for decades, that they know everything and you know nothing because you haven't lived here for a long time. Anyways, try to inform yourself wella.. It's very possible to live here and not know anything.

It could also be that he doesn't want to help you out
Anyways, goodluck

Lol, thanks.
trust me bro, I hv been well informed from this thread and other places and I already have almost all the info i need.

My worry was just that he was able to creat some doubts in the mind of my sis, but i will definitely clear the doubt from her mind.

Surelly we shall get there IJN.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chucksbadt(m): 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hello house

Please who knows where i can Notarize my documents here in Port Harcourt?

What are the charges like too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
hey guys, i'm back again with my trouble grin...please is anyone residing or working in these cities Mainz or saabruecken
just notify please as i need to make few inquiries(very urgent).

Newbies, try to learn some german before you come here so you don't come here roaming and wondering about like the egyptian mummies when you trying to find your way here tongue tongue
Questions are welcomed too cool

#CHEERS!!! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
chucksbadt:
Hello house

Please who knows where i can Notarize my documents here in Port Harcourt?

What are the charges like too
am in ph lets connect you can go to federal high court to do your notary i dont know the price sha i will be going tomorow some one told me you can use state high court too.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
Who wan send document to germany lets collab so we can save cash am ready to send from morrow lets relate am in ph
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 1:10am On Nov 08, 2017
trojrobert:
Hi guys, I am a new person on nairaland , I just got admitted to Hildesheim for summer 2018. I have read some of the posts but I have not been able to know what next to do.
On my admission letter my university asked me to certify my secondary school certificate, bachelor degree, transcript, language certificate etc

After you get admission Please what next

Thank you so much @sholademi1 for mailing me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trojrobert: 1:18am On Nov 08, 2017
For newbies like me, after you get an admission letter the next thing is to open a blocked account with fintiba.

Please I have registered on fintiba but I need clarification on this questions , I don't want to make mistakes
I
*which should be the monthly amount you would like to have available* - 720
*Block account duration* - 12
*For which authority(embassy,consulate or Foreigner registry office) do you need your blocking confirmation* - consulate General of Germany
My embassy explicitly requested an additional basic sum - no

I don't have a TIN number , how do I go about it ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvinkelliii: 4:40am On Nov 08, 2017
trojrobert:
For newbies like me, after you get an admission letter the next thing is to open a blocked account with fintiba.

Please I have registered on fintiba but I need clarification on this questions , I don't want to make mistakes
I
*which should be the monthly amount you would like to have available* - 720
*Block account duration* - 12
*For which authority(embassy,consulate or Foreigner registry office) do you need your blocking confirmation* - consulate General of Germany
My embassy explicitly requested an additional basic sum - no

I don't have a TIN number , how do I go about it ?

You are on track.

You can skip the 'TIN' number. Probably select ' not available ' , I can't remember the options.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.