Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693524 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
armpit:

W hat is the validity of the travel insurance; 3 or 6 months??
6 months

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
styles2009:

Find NISIG Facebook page and connect with Nigerian students in Niedersachsen, your Semester ticket should take you for free in the whole state.

Thanx a lot.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Litolysis(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
Greetings great people.

I want to know if its wrong if I fund my blocked account twice. Like sending 6,000 euro and 2,900 euro next day. First bank said I can not send 8,829 euro once.
Advice pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blazykid02(m): 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
Litolysis:
Greetings great people.

I want to know if its wrong if I fund my blocked account twice. Like sending 6,000 euro and 2,900 euro next day. First bank said I can not send 8,829 euro once.
Advice pls

You are good to go... If you like fund it 10times so far it gets to the required amount needed to study in Deutschland.

IStandToBeCorrected...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Litolysis(m): 10:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
Thank you Bro.

You are good to go... If you like fund it 10times so far it gets to the required amount needed to study in Deutschland.

IStandToBeCorrected... [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SenR(m): 10:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
Litolysis:
Greetings great people.

Advice pls

Yes it is possible to fund your blocked account twice to make up the minimum balance meant to be in ur blocked account.

The maximum u can transfer within 5 working days should be equivalent to $10,000.

Although that's for Zenith Bank, don't reli know if it's cut across all banks in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lnzy: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
BabaEuro:

Use Axa Mansard , it cost me N17050 to get it. If you are in Lagos, just PM me,I will give you one of their staff number who will even deliver it to you at home.
BabaEuro, this travel health insurance is contact I need am too, I don pm you sha.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvin91: 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please house .....I just submitted my block account application this Monday that went by ...although I have tracked the parcel and it has been received already by the deutche bank in hamburg.....please, the question I want to ask is it possible for someone living in Germany to transfer some amount of that money required into the account number that would be given to me by the bank .....I want to know if its possible for the person to do that ....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
kelvin91:
Please house .....I just submitted my block account application this Monday that went by ...although I have tracked the parcel and it has been received already by the deutche bank in hamburg.....please, the question I want to ask is it possible for someone living in Germany to transfer some amount of that money required into the account number that would be given to me by the bank .....I want to know if its possible for the person to do that ....

Its possible. Money can be transferred to the account from anywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2018
Litolysis:
Greetings great people.

Advice pls

No, its not wrong. You can break it down to any fragment you want.
The only disadvantage is dat each transfer will attract a fresh transfer fee/transfer charge.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hayor4real:

I also have an health insurance for Germany can I use that in place of travel insurance

Yes you can, especially if its stil valid for d duration specified by the embassy

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
Whats the risk if i havent funded My blocked account but take My domiciliary account that worths more the required amount of the blocked account to the embassy with My opening of blocked account form?
Becos, My parent want the embassy to order me to Fund the blocked account because of the risk of visa approval is uncertain..?

What do you think ? base on your experience With the consulate.

How much %does fintiba charge for refund?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvin91: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
Metabolite01:

Its possible. Money can be transferred to the account from anywhere in the world

Thank you so much for the reply.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
ayomeah:

Like health insurance or travel? Cos i heard if you get a german student health insurance package , it overrides the travel insurance

Yes, dats exactly what I'm saying. Dats what I used in collecting my visa.

Instead of wasting money in getting travel insurance in Nigeria just to collect ur visa, at d long run u can't use d insurance in Germany, then ull end up getting a German student health insurance, why not apply for a student health insurance dat will get u ur visa and also cover you wen u're in Germany.

Interesting thing is dat u may not have the need of paying until u finally get to Germany.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvin91: 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
And again another thing bordering me is the fact that the enrollment deadline for my school is on the 28 of March. And I have my interview on the 16th of March...although I Ave been written to the school informing them how hard it is in booking appointment with the Consulate.......but wat they are telling me is that the list grace they can give to me is 19th of April and that's only if I get to the international office in the morning (German time) ............so my worry now is with the visa processing how long will it take the embassy to facilitate the visa process .....becus if they are to enrol me again I have to be there before 19 of April.....so house how visible it is....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hayor4real:

I also have an health insurance for Germany can I use that in place of travel insurance

Y not if not?
As far as its a German health insurance, then embassy will accept it in place of travel insurance.
Just ensure its still valid for d duration specified by the embassy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=Metabolite01 post=65102231]

Y not if not?
As far as its a German health insurance, then embassy will accept it in place of travel insurance.
Just ensure its still valid for d duration specified by the embassy[/quote
Thanks a lot bro I really appreciate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 12:31am On Feb 16, 2018
Metabolite01:

Well, I used a German student insurance. I'm yet to pay for it because I'm at liberty to pay after I arrive Germany.

The package is so flexible.

If you wanna know more about it, just contact me through my email address.
Baba thank you o. I have sent you mail request.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Ezyp(m): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2018
BabaEuro:

Use Axa Mansard , it cost me N17050 to get it. If you are in Lagos, just PM me,I will give you one of their staff number who will even deliver it to you at home.
Oga BabaEuro, I been don send you mail request before. Nairaland no gree me send you again.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by imsoftjay: 1:00am On Feb 16, 2018
kelvin91:
And again another thing bordering me is the fact that the enrollment deadline for my school is on the 28 of March. And I have my interview on the 16th of March...although I Ave been written to the school informing them how hard it is in booking appointment with the Consulate.......but wat they are telling me is that the list grace they can give to me is 19th of April and that's only if I get to the international office in the morning (German time) ............so my worry now is with the visa processing how long will it take the embassy to facilitate the visa process .....becus if they are to enrol me again I have to be there before 19 of April.....so house how visible it is....

Please gurus in the house, do look into this case. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 6:41am On Feb 16, 2018
Lnzy:

BabaEuro, this travel health insurance is contact I need am too, I don pm you sha.
Lazy I didn't get your PM.
Pls note that you need to have A.M first before you get the travel insurance . The validity of the insurance depends on the number of months written on your A. M.
6months travel insurance from AXA MANSARD cost N17050 .

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvin91: 7:17am On Feb 16, 2018
kelvin91:

Please gurus I will appreciate if ideas are been given
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 7:25am On Feb 16, 2018
@oladejitaiwo,

Try and be optimistic. Meanwhile, Fintiba or Deutsche Bank will refund your money incase of refusal. Funding before interview makes the process faster.

@kelvin91

You got no worries. In some schools, you can do your enrollment without been there. Just send the required documents and pay your fees. Also, someone can do it for you in some schools. You can also get enrollment extension. Also, you might get your visa before them. Try and fund before your interview.

To all those who got their VISA and AMs, CONGRATULATIONS. Come to Deutschland and succeed. We await your arrivals. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by surdik(m): 7:51am On Feb 16, 2018
Hello guys please how much those it cost for the certification of school documents at the embassy?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kelvin91: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2018
donkafor:
@oladejitaiwo,

Try and be optimistic. Meanwhile, Fintiba or Deutsche Bank will refund your money incase of refusal. Funding before interview makes the process faster.

@kelvin91

You got no worries. In some schools, you can do your enrollment without been there. Just send the required documents and pay your fees. Also, someone can do it for you in some schools. You can also get enrollment extension. Also, you might get your visa before them. Try and fund before your interview.

To all those who got their VISA and AMs, CONGRATULATIONS. Come to Deutschland and succeed. We await your arrivals. grin grin grin

I never knew someone can do the enrollment for u....I touted u have to be there in person.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 16, 2018
I have been reading reading and reading....also researching and researching......now I will start the process...and as I move along, I will write down everything I do one by one

1. Am calling everyone I know, so they I can gather £9000 to get ready for block account

2. Now, I want to start looking for schools (am soooooo excited)

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 16, 2018
Please I don’t understand something. Why and how is studying in a fee paying school a waste of money? How is 97% of schools free in Germany too? Somebody please help me out. Where is statistic coming from?
Even if 99% of schools are free in Germany, don’t you know how competitive it is to get it. You think it’s everybody that made first class or good 2:1. I’ve been doing this Germany thing at least since 2013. Everyday I see it get harder and harder to get in. Even the private schools people are insulting here most have stopped taking anything less than 2.5. Manu people I know in Germany that are working now and are getting papers now came in through private school. I can’t even count. Private school is faster and more convenient. I’ve been helping people get in now for 3 years. Nobody I helped get in to a private school that is not doing one thing or the other now. Nobody is back in Nigeria. I repeat NOBODY. If you don’t believe contact me by mail. Let me show you live examples. Let me just advise o. Me I don’t know much but what I know I can share. If you’re here and your GP is is 2.6-2.7 on German scale don’t bother with public school. Just conserve your money. Unless you’re applying to a school that can take work experience and substitute it to improve your GP. It’s not a matter of prayer. They can’t take you. So just look for fee paying course that may have mercy on you and accept you. And finally don’t assume everybody is in The same boat as you. I’ve seen Nigerians in Germany that are in private schools that’s pay 22k euros per annum. Comfortably. I’ve seen a Nigerian study MSc finance in Frankfurt. His fees was 36k euros. Nigerians have money. The sooner you believe the less you stress yourself. Also I went to a fee paying school in Stuttgart in 2015 and I want to believe I’m doing well for myself. I agree that majority go the Germany becos of cheap costs but the assumption that everybody goes to Germany becos of cost is a big deceit. Don’t be fooled. Like I said all fingers are not equal. If you’re here and it’s fee paying school you see and you can afford it, better you enter Germany quick. It won’t be like this forever.
BabaEuro:

Bros I can't believe you want to waste 9000euro when about 97% of schools are tuition free. Not even your money, this is like taking Student Loan only that u may not pay interest. Read this thread well and get a better school without paying a dine,and save yourself and your family this financial stress. All you need is information, and to get informed you need to do your research. A word is enough for the wise!

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 10:35am On Feb 16, 2018
Ezyp:

Baba thank you o. I have sent you mail request.

I've seen it and replied
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 10:39am On Feb 16, 2018
kelvin91:

I never knew someone can do the enrollment for u....I touted u have to be there in person.

Donkafor said "Some schools". So not that its a regular or acceptable thing in all Germany schools
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Metabolite01: 10:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Fustinachichi:
I have been reading reading and reading....also researching and researching......now I will start the process...and as I move along, I will write down everything I do one by one

1. Am calling everyone I know, so they I can gather £9000 to get ready for block account

2. Now, I want to start looking for schools (am soooooo excited)

You will succeed at the long run. You are about taking the right step and also a move that is worth every stress.

Get ready for a successful trip to Germany!
Admission, A.M and visa await you!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 10:44am On Feb 16, 2018
In Addition to what dammymayor said, where did you get the statistics of 97% tuition free Universitäten in Germany? That is 100% wrong!. AS i am talking to you More than 6states in germany are now atleast tuition fee of 1,500€ per Semester.
However, some other state are still considering implementing tuition fee AS neighbouring state do. So, dont be surprise by next year, you hear the 90% of Universitäten in Germany collect tuition fee of 1,500€. for example, schools(public schools) in Stuttgart were free except administrative fee in early 2015, but now Stuttgart has implemented a policy of tuition fee of 1500€ for all internationale students except some exceptional students.
So multiply 1500€ by 2(2nd Semester)= 3000€per annum. This means you pay 6,000€ for the whole Programm(in case of Masters Programm).

NB: No one can predict what German Government will come up with next year. All what we need to know is to do the right thing and the right time if you are capable of. Thanks

dammymayor:
Please I don’t understand something. Why and how is studying in a fee paying school a waste of money? How is 97% of schools free in Germany too? Somebody please help me out. Where is statistic coming from?
Even if 99% of schools are free in Germany, don’t you know how competitive it is to get it. You think it’s everybody that made first class or good 2:1. I’ve been doing this Germany thing at least since 2013. Everyday I see it get harder and harder to get in. Even the private schools people are insulting here most have stopped taking anything less than 2.5. Manu people I know in Germany that are working now and are getting papers now came in through private school. I can’t even count. Private school is faster and more convenient. I’ve been helping people get in now for 3 years. Nobody I helped get in to a private school that is not doing one thing or the other now. Nobody is back in Nigeria. I repeat NOBODY. If you don’t believe contact me by mail. Let me show you live examples. Let me just advise o. Me I don’t know much but what I know I can share. If you’re here and your GP is is 2.6-2.7 on German scale don’t bother with public school. Just conserve your money. Unless you’re applying to a school that can take work experience and substitute it to improve your GP. It’s not a matter of prayer. They can’t take you. So just look for fee paying course that may have mercy on you and accept you. And finally don’t assume everybody is in The same boat as you. I’ve seen Nigerians in Germany that are in private schools that’s pay 22k euros per annum. Comfortably. I’ve seen a Nigerian study MSc finance in Frankfurt. His fees was 36k euros. Nigerians have money. The sooner you believe the less you stress yourself. Also I went to a fee paying school in Stuttgart in 2015 and I want to believe I’m doing well for myself. I agree that majority go the Germany becos of cheap costs but the assumption that everybody goes to Germany becos of cost is a big deceit. Don’t be fooled. Like I said all fingers are not equal. If you’re here and it’s fee paying school you see and you can afford it, better you enter Germany quick. It won’t be like this forever.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Azdof(m): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2018
Please, is there anybody scheduled for a test at European studies department of the University of Ibadan by University of Bremen!

Also, is there anybody that has written the exam before? I need insight on what to expect, possibly if there is a past question. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.