Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (693442 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2018
oladejitaiwo:
In Addition to what dammymayor said, where did you get the statistics of 97% tuition free Universitäten in Germany? That is 100% wrong!. AS i am talking to you More than 6states in germany are now atleast tuition fee of 1,500€ per Semester.
However, some other state are still considering implementing tuition fee AS neighbouring state do. So, dont be surprise by next year, you hear the 90% of Universitäten in Germany collect tuition fee of 1,500€. for example, schools(public schools) in Stuttgart were free except administrative fee in early 2015, but now Stuttgart has implemented a policy of tuition fee of 1500€ for all internationale students except some exceptional students.
So multiply 1500€ by 2(2nd Semester)= 3000€per annum. This means you pay 6,000€ for the whole Programm(in case of Masters Programm).

NB: No one can predict what German Government will come up with next year. All what we need to know is to do the right thing and the right time if you are capable of. Thanks

Sir, i think you should get your own facts right too.
Stuttgart is not a state, to start with. Baden-wuttenberg is the only state i know that has implemented the fees ish for international students and Stuttgart is in baden-wuttenberg, so obviously schools there will be affected. Even at that, some schools in baden-wuttenberg still give exemptions to 3rd world countries. I know of someone in Stuttgart who got a fee exemption because he's from Nigeria which is a third world country. And the fee paying policy wasn't implemented in 2015 but in winter semester 2017.
I would really appreciate if you can mention the other 5states in germany that requires international students to pay fees.
So yes, i wouldnt mention any percentage, but most of german schools are free. In the tuition free schools, some professional courses like mba and mph are fee paying which i think is understandable.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
Azdof:

What do u mean by preparation student? I applied for M.Sc Biochemistry ! And it is English taught!

I know someone who is to take a test in uni ibadan organised by bremen for mc biochemistry n molecular biology.
Pm me if you want to be connected to the per3
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by LettieM: 5:08pm On Feb 16, 2018
Azdof:

What do u mean by preparation student? I applied for M.Sc Biochemistry ! And it is English taught!
Oh it's a masters course, I applied for a bachelors degree and it's not English taught, so I have to enroll in a preparatory course for two semesters, in other to learn the language
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ayomeah(f): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
Azdof:

I know someone who is to take a test in uni ibadan organised by bremen for mc biochemistry n molecular biology.
Pm me if you want to be connected to the person
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Outstandingmam: 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
michlan:

Oga. I'm sorry but this is hasty generalization. I had a cgpa of 2.7 on German scale and i got admission to study Geoinformatics at 2 out of the 3 schools i applied to (Hannover and Berlin). I am currently at TU Berlin studying for my course. So please don't try to mislead people by making assertive statements when you don't have your facts correct.

Also, my wife had a cgpa of 2.6 on German scale in Chemistry amd she got admission from 2 schools (Leipzig and Kassel). She will be going for her visa interview next week.

Moreso, it is only the state of baden-wuttenberg that has applied the tuition fee stuff. So it is only universities in the state who pay the tuition of 1500 euros. Though i agree with you that others may also change their policy soon but that doesn't mean someone should not use the better opportunity of studying for free which is still available now because of an uncertain policy change in the future

This your post is really giving me plenty hope as my gp is similar to yours on the German scale. I was also denied admission in the USA. Really wish to hear about your experiences particularly with respect to your wife's program as I'm planning on going with my kids and would wish to get all the knowledge I need. I'm in the applied sciences too like you.

Congrats bro

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Outstandingmam: 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2018
Fustinachichi:
I have been reading reading and reading....also researching and researching......now I will start the process...and as I move along, I will write down everything I do one by one

1. Am calling everyone I know, so they I can gather £9000 to get ready for block account

2. Now, I want to start looking for schools (am soooooo excited)

That makes 2 of us. I'm about starting too. Pray for God's favour for us all

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Azdof(m): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
ayomeah:

Pm me if you want to be connected to the person

I sent u a mail.. Pls reply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by trilobite: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2018
dailydolar:
3working days bros u cant meet up even with dhl now just pray nipost delivers, mine nipost was delivered like 40days after so me no dey use dem again

40 days?!! With EMS?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Please, kindly go to US Thread and ask questions concerning GRE. Those agents receive discounts cos they buy in bulk. You pay more when you pay directly to ETS.

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/127

TonyDeAnalyst:

Please @fustinachichi. Have u done gre. How do u register. ETS site said it is $210 which is #75,600 But agents said they can register and give me study guide with #50,000. Please enlightened me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
What is the Name of the school in Stuttgart your Friend got free tuition fee?please, mention.

ayomeah:

Stuttgart is not a state, to start with. Baden-wuttenberg is the only state i know that has implemented the fees ish for international students and Stuttgart is in baden-wuttenberg, so obviously schools there will be affected. Even at that, some schools in baden-wuttenberg still give exemptions to 3rd world countries. I know of someone in Stuttgart who got a fee exemption because he's from Nigeria which is a third world country. And the fee paying policy wasn't implemented in 2015 but in winter semester 2017.
I would really appreciate if you can mention the other 5states in germany that requires international students to pay fees.
So yes, i wouldnt mention any percentage, but most of german schools are free. In the tuition free schools, some professional courses like mba and mph are fee paying which i think is understandable.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dobeespen: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
oladejitaiwo:
What is the Name of the school in Stuttgart your Friend got free tuition fee?please, mention.

Gonna step in here real quick and say the lady is saying the truth.

I got admission to ISB BUSINESS school (Reutlingen University) last winter semester, and was offered a scholarship of 1500 euro for my first semester. That basically covered my tuition for the semester. I had to decline it because I'm headed to another school. So yeah, she's right.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Sodetade1:

Please did you use uni-assist for University of Bremen application!?
nah

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Azdof:
Yes
ok
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by victree007(m): 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
TonyDeAnalyst:
Hi my learned co-dreamers, greetings to babaeuro and other visa successfulls. Please am a newbies here and have gone through virtually all that is posted here. However my question is that
Im confused about how to register for gre. ETS website said it is $210. However some registering agents like examplanet said it is #50,000 with free study guide. Plz kindly advice bcoz I don't want to be scammed. Thank you house.

Hello Tony
I registered for GRE with this awesome firm in Lagos.
You can use this link to reach their webpage
http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/toeflregistrationinnigeria/index.html

They charge 50k which is cheaper than applying to ETS directly. Also they give you free study pack and give you access to study freely online with Magoosh. Again they reschedule your test freely and bear the cost of $50 which ETS charges. Personally I downloaded videos of this cool tutor "Mondays With Niel" and it helped me a lot. Ensure you read for between 2 - 4 months before writing your test o.
I hope this information will be of help to you. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by victree007(m): 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
michlan:

Oga. I'm sorry but this is hasty generalization. I had a cgpa of 2.7 on German scale and i got admission to study Geoinformatics at 2 out of the 3 schools i applied to (Hannover and Berlin). I am currently at TU Berlin studying for my course. So please don't try to mislead people by making assertive statements when you don't have your facts correct.

Also, my wife had a cgpa of 2.6 on German scale in Chemistry amd she got admission from 2 schools (Leipzig and Kassel). She will be going for her visa interview next week.

Moreso, it is only the state of baden-wuttenberg that has applied the tuition fee stuff. So it is only universities in the state who pay the tuition of 1500 euros. Though i agree with you that others may also change their policy soon but that doesn't mean someone should not use the better opportunity of studying for free which is still available now because of an uncertain policy change in the future

Hello Michlan,
Please can you tell me the formula you used in converting your GPA to German scale? I will like to know how that is done please.
Kindly share if you don't mind. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by kryptonite44: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
Outstandingmam:

This your post is really giving me plenty hope as my gp is similar to yours on the German scale. I was also denied admission in the USA. Really wish to hear about your experiences particularly with respect to your wife's program as I'm planning on going with my kids and would wish to get all the knowledge I need. I'm in the applied sciences too like you.

Congrats bro

nobody has ever shared his/her experience concerning traveling with kids for Masters program.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by TonyDeAnalyst(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
victree007:

Hello Tony
I registered for GRE with this awesome firm in Lagos.
You can use this link to reach their webpage
http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com/toeflregistrationinnigeria/index.html

They charge 50k which is cheaper than applying to ETS directly. Also they give you free study pack and give you access to study freely online with Magoosh. Again they reschedule your test freely and bear the cost of $50 which ETS charges. Personally I downloaded videos of this cool tutor "Mondays With Niel" and it helped me a lot. Ensure you read for between 2 - 4 months before writing your test o.
I hope this information will be of help to you. Cheers
Thanks bro. This is really helpful.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by TonyDeAnalyst(m): 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
donkafor:
Please, kindly go to US Thread and ask questions concerning GRE. Those agents receive discounts cos they buy in bulk. You pay more when you pay directly to ETS.

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/127

Thank you brother. You had saved a confused fellow.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
Metabolite01:

Yes, dats exactly what I'm saying. Dats what I used in collecting my visa.

Instead of wasting money in getting travel insurance in Nigeria just to collect ur visa, at d long run u can't use d insurance in Germany, then ull end up getting a German student health insurance, why not apply for a student health insurance dat will get u ur visa and also cover you wen u're in Germany.

Interesting thing is dat u may not have the need of paying until u finally get to Germany.

How can one go about that?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
victree007:

Hello Michlan,
Please can you tell me the formula you used in converting your GPA to German scale? I will like to know how that is done please.
Kindly share if you don't mind. Thanks

Use this site https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/

Max Grade=5, Min Pass Grade=1, Enter your CGPA then calculate

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by victree007(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
MaroCruz:

Use this site https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/
Max Grade=5, Min Pass Grade=1, Enter your CGPA then calculate
Thanks bro I just calculated mine & it is 1.92 (Good) on German scale. Thanks once again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Berliner1: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2018
dobeespen:

Gonna step in here real quick and say the lady is saying the truth.

I got admission to ISB BUSINESS school (Reutlingen University) last winter semester, and was offered a scholarship of 1500 euro for my first semester. That basically covered my tuition for the semester. I had to decline it because I'm headed to another school. So yeah, she's right.

ESB Business school.

Thank your star you ignore the school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Berliner1: 8:08am On Feb 17, 2018
dammymayor:
Bros tell us the full story. Is not about misleading. What and what did you use to make your application stronger. You mentioned wife. So I assume you’re older. I also assume you must have significant work experience. Or at least something that made the school look at you. Are you telling me you applied with 2.7 and got admission just like that. That’s impossible. I can say it anywhere and I can defend it anywhere. I run an educational agency too from here. I have a running contract with two private schools in Germany to help them process admissions from students in Nigeria. The international university of bad honnef and GISMA business school in Berlin. So like I said before I no sabi much but I sabi small. Something else got you the admission. It wasn’t your GP sir. White people are not rigid like Africans sir. If you like have pass. If you can prove to them that this is why you should take me they will. But that’s the issue. Proving to them they should take you. I’ve gotten admission for someone into a masters degree who didn’t have a bachelor. He has 12 years of working experience that we substituted for a first degree. The guy head hot pass first degree. And we proved it. Pay me I’ll tell you the school. Information is not free. I’m not saying 2.6 or 2.7 is impossible. I’m saying if that’s what you are banking on or if that’s all you have. I’m sorry.....

You deserve to be banned because you here to scam, exploit and misled people.

85% of your information is false and wrong.

You are a typical nigeria base agent who looks for desperate and vulnerable people to milk.

I have been here over 5years to know you are wrong.

Few government university admit people with gpa of 3.0 on german scale....

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 17, 2018
Outstandingmam:

Congrats bro

I sent you a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Instructor001(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
michlan:

But why are you so fast to jump into conclusion. The truth is that i had only 3 months working experience when i applied and i got the admission which was in 2016. So i have been here since 2016 october. My wife just finished nysc in november with no working experience and she got admission.

Don't think i am old because of my marital status and definitely i must have working experience. I am not even up to 30 years. I finished nysc 2014 and tried for Canada in 2015 but was denied visa and that was why i shifted focus to Germany. I just got married December 30.

I understand if you have an agency and you're looking for clients but that is not a ground to mislead others. It would have been better to just state your observations without reaching false conclusions that it is impossible. Also, have you heard about non-restricted admission? My wife did not even do IELTS or TOEFL, she just used a letter of proficiency in English from her university in Nigeria

I think I could still remember vividly. Being a long time, I already sent you a pm. Your German number is needed, please do well to forward it via e-mail. You once helped me at the beginning with documents that year while I intend going for the same course and the same school as you did, lost your contact before leaving Nigeria.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
seeker63:
Been a silent observer on this thread but I got my admission letter today..Hochschule Anhalt University of applied science, Bernburg.

Congrats!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Sadiq3051(m): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
house please person with Nabteb o'level and a 3.3cgpa out of 4 HND, apply for a pgd or masters program in Germany?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
oladejitaiwo:
In Addition to what dammymayor said, where did you get the statistics of 97% tuition free Universitäten in Germany? That is 100% wrong!. AS i am talking to you More than 6states in germany are now atleast tuition fee of 1,500€ per Semester.
However, some other state are still considering implementing tuition fee AS neighbouring state do. So, dont be surprise by next year, you hear the 90% of Universitäten in Germany collect tuition fee of 1,500€. for example, schools(public schools) in Stuttgart were free except administrative fee in early 2015, but now Stuttgart has implemented a policy of tuition fee of 1500€ for all internationale students except some exceptional students.
So multiply 1500€ by 2(2nd Semester)= 3000€per annum. This means you pay 6,000€ for the whole Programm(in case of Masters Programm).

NB: No one can predict what German Government will come up with next year. All what we need to know is to do the right thing and the right time if you are capable of. Thanks

what is this one saying where did you see the 5 states that have implemented tuition fee. Say what you no its only baden Württemberg that has and Nordrhein Westfalen is towing the part too.

Püblichen uni is the sure bet... go to germany study get good grades learn some good skills and german. Then the sky is your limit God willing.

I believe you're new on here mixing german and English anyhow grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
ayomeah:

no mind am jare... every public uni in Germany is tuition free as at this moment. Except those within BW
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Thank you all for the job well done.
I got rejected from two different schools stated the reason as thus; "The admissions committee has carefully reviewed your application documents and determined that your qualifications do not meet the requirements of our demanding Master's degree programme."
Fortunately enough, I studied Pure and Applied Chemistry in my B.sc and I put in for M.sc in Chemistry.
My questions are these;
1. Is B.sc Chemistry curriculum in Nigeria different from the one in Germany?

2. I'm looking towards applying to some other schools for winter semester again, doesn't it means same reason(which I don't pray for) might be given after application?
3. Has anyone experienced such this stuff as mine before and then later got over it?
Pls your prompt suggestions, contributions, and way forward are welcome.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Outstandingmam: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
michlan:

I sent you a pm

You have mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.