Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,887 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (696188 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Dankeschon:
Good morning house:

pls I have asked this here before, but I really need a more elaborate answer from someone who knows about German Language courses.
My school made a request that I submit either a Goethe B2 Certificate or a Zertifikat Deutsch von Goethe.
Please are these two certificates one and same? pls if not what are the differences?
btw; I already have my B1 certificates in Lesen, Schreiben, und Sprechen from Goethe.

Please I would really appreciate your responses on this, thanks a lot.

This is just a simple English. Either or means one of the two will suffice. B2 is higher than B1 you are currently holding, so you need to get your B2 to be eligible for the course. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by wildmonk1: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Berliner1:

Mech Eng..is lucrative here also...Go for it.
Thanks alot, I appreciate your candid reply
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
dobeespen:

In my case, they sent my documents back to me with the prepaid courier envelope I submitted during my interview. You also don't have to post the letter. Just write it on MW (Microsoft Word), print it out, sign it, scan it, and send it to them.

I've heard of cases where they keep the document till the next semester so you don't have to apply again, but I was changing schools so I didn't even want that.

If you withdraw you'd have to go through the whole process again. But in my opinion it's not in anyway a loss. You already know the workings of a visa interview so the next one you go to should be a breeze.

I also wasn't applying to the same school for summer and the new school that gave me a deferment to summer had not yet issued my new admission letter. I was scared of getting a rejection so I emailed them without the new admission letter.

If you're sure you're gonna be applying to the same school for winter, then I'd suggest you write to your school and let them know you'd like to defer and get a new admission letter. You can now attach it to the email you'll send to the embassy.

Hmmm, insightful! Thanks so much. I've never even thought of applying to other schools. That could be interesting, but the application process can be killing. Also, I got a course I like in a city I'm cool with. So, I think i'll stick to the same school & course.
As per getting a new admission letter, i'll request for that as you've said, hopefully it comes in time, so I can just send everything to the Embassy once and for all.
I hope the Embassy won't have me go through the whole interview process again anyways, but I guess i'll find out when I contact them. Thanks so much. Will let you know how it goes. Stay blessed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Dankeschon: 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
honourableseyi:

This is just a simple English. Either or means one of the two will suffice. B2 is higher than B1 you are currently holding, so you need to get your B2 to be eligible for the course. Shalom

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.
Sir, my actual question is: I understand, what a Goethe B2 Certificate is, but pls what EXACTLY is "Zertifikat Deutsch"? Is it another name for the same B2 certificate? or is it an entirely different certificate? That's my question.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chevronstaff: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
standfit5:

Patience in this instance is simply going to German panguage classes,right? U got idea of any in PH though checked n saw a few(all tnks to online search). C1 is less than B2 or higher? Share more guides pls
C1 is higher than B2....I won't advice you to apply for courses entirely taught in german..It will affect your grades as an international student...There are many courses entirely taught in english in Germany...search well..visit www.daad.de/en
However,learning the german language while still in Nigeria makes life much more easier when you get to Germany...

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jayhex90: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
Guys, how much can one get a travel insurance for when submittting Passport?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
jayhex90:
Guys, how much can one get a travel insurance for when submittting Passport?

17050 AXA MANSARD

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
Immafrank:

17050 AXA MANSARD

How about someone above 30years
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Hayor4real: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
Chevronstaff:

C1 is higher than B2....I won't advice you to apply for courses entirely taught in german..It will affect your grades as an international student...There are many courses entirely taught in english in Germany...search well..visit www.daad.de/en
However,learning the german language while still in Nigeria makes life much more easier when you get to Germany...
I know of some studying mechanical engineering which is completely in German because of his C1 certificate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Adetunjionafuwa: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2018
Evening HOUSE...

please are there rules for student Jobs in Germany as to limitations to how long you can work and how much you can earn?

I need answers... Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kenthumphz(m): 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
queenvicka:
I'm at this same point... Please I need help. Is there anyone in the house that is applying to Tum winter 2018 or any that has idea.. Please help out.. I'm trying to apply through uniassit but d course life economics policy is not displaying.

PM me. Might have other options that you might be interested in for Economics Policy. That's if you haven't applied to them already.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
Dankeschon:

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.
Sir, my actual question is: I understand, what a Goethe B2 Certificate is, but pls what EXACTLY is "Zertifikat Deutsch"? Is it another name for the same B2 certificate? or is it an entirely different certificate? That's my question.

Oh okk. They are the same. "Zertifikat Deutsch von Goethe" is a German sentence which means "Goethe German certificate or German certificate from Goethe". Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
shasha25:

How about someone above 30years

Your question is about german student health insurance.

I answered a question concerning travel insurance needed by the embassy. No age restriction

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
Adetunjionafuwa:
Evening HOUSE...

please are there rules for student Jobs in Germany as to limitations to how long you can work and how much you can earn?

I need answers... Thanks

120 full days equivalent to 20hrs per week or 240 half days equivalent to 10hrs per week in a year. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adedejioluwaseu: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2018
heybaby12:

You won't get any reply now it's public holiday / weekend. U should hear from them on Tuesday.

I will send mine on Tuesday
Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
KillerBeauty:

In your shoes too. Was making plans for winter semester before. But this Nasu strike means I might not be able to collect my transcript.

have you collected it now
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
dobeespen:

Me! cheesy
dobro dobro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
dailydolar:
how did u do this cos the last time dem charge me 1k per set and I did 5set. A set squalls 1 school package

www.google.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by KendrickAyomide: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
honourableseyi:

120 full days equivalent to 20hrs per week or 240 half days equivalent to 10hrs per week in a year. Shalom
Lol.. naija boys no know rules.. Boys go work 50 Par week no lvl
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osas87(m): 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
please house, I need your advise. preparing for interview but kinda have some issues:

1. My primary school certificate has just my surname and the short form of my native name which I now use as my middle name. dnt know if i should jst sign an affidavits of one and same person?

Secondly My date of birth on my transcript is 11th but all other documents carry 10th which is the correct one. whats the consequencies attached with goin to the interview with such transcript? Please has anybody ever had such issues before? please I need ur contribution..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Olami0392: 12:19am On Apr 03, 2018
wink
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 03, 2018
Hi, guys, I'm completely new here. Just contemplating schooling in Germany (Munich) — gat an idea of this Technical University of Munich school. So, I'm just curious — how do I go about it? I don't have a Passport yet, but I'd like to know the cost of maybe everything. And Germany's cost of living, shouldn't be as high as the UK or US. The course should be three or four years, and I think they're offering it in English so I don't need to meet any language requirements. I also have WAEC, but the requirements can only be achieved in two seatings. Thanks as I await any response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by okezie007(m): 3:30am On Apr 03, 2018
Honorable I hail thee. Is it allowed for a student to work as a heavy equipment driver (forklift, crane) Am kinder preparing for this, what are your thoughts?
honourableseyi:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ThePianoGuy: 4:22am On Apr 03, 2018
Cripstwick:
Hi, guys, I'm completely new here. Just contemplating schooling in Germany (Munich) — gat an idea of this Technical University of Munich school. So, I'm just curious — how do I go about it? I don't have a Passport yet, but I'd like to know the cost of maybe everything. And Germany's cost of living, shouldn't be as high as the UK or US. The course should be three or four years, and I think they're offering it in English so I don't need to meet any language requirements. I also have WAEC, but the requirements can only be achieved in two seatings. Thanks as I await any response.
do you have a university or poly transcript?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 03, 2018
Pls, is there anyone here who submitted his/her passport on or after 26th March and has gotten the documents from the embassy? It's getting unnecessarily long and the fedex tracking is not even indicating it has been posted yet
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by KillerBeauty(f): 6:48am On Apr 03, 2018
shasha25:

have you collected it now
About to
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 03, 2018
KillerBeauty:
About to

good. mine will be ready this week
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by osifo4ever: 7:18am On Apr 03, 2018
Pls house has anybody got admission in Bremen university,my admission status still showing formal checked.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2018
Hello house please I have a question. ..In 2015, my previous passport with previous travel history got lost with my original WAEC and NECO result, i went to police station, reported it, was told to get a new passport and was given a police report and high court affidavit, God so kind, I had photocopies of it and I sent for statement of result for my secondary school and I have scratch card, would this affect my application for German study visa....do u think VO will ask me for it?

Please don't call me careless it happened in 2015 and I cried for 1yr and now i have phobia of entering taxi with any paper...however I decided to pick myself up and move on...I got my new passport on February this year.....

ps: Please please I need motivation letter email to fustieorazu@aol.com pleaseeeeeee
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SooCute(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2018
SooCute:
Greetings gentlemen and ladies.

Please a brother needs help on HS Rhine Waal.

I noticed alot of changes from 2012 i dealth with them unsuccessfully.

1) They claim you can apply as many course as possible but only pay UniAssist Once per semester but UniAssit charges for course now not per School....can someone confirm this please?

2) I heard they now use VPD mode. Has anyone dealth with them (Rhine Waal) recently?

3) He has IELTS result but has upper credit in ND and lower credit HND Mech Engr. Do they have cut off for HND guys?
He is going for BSc of course.

Kindly drop your candid contributions. Teusand dank!
Please.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adedammy009: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2018
Hello,
I already booked my student visa appointment on March 26 for May. I don't think I still need email appointment.

I hope I am correct.

heybaby12:
There is a notice on the embassy site
"from 01/04/2018- please note that student visa appointments have to be booked via email. The earliest possible appointments will be scheduled from June. .....
So winter ppl make we relax.

I guess they want to have control over the booking since this period has more crowd. You need your
. Data page
.admission letter
.bank details/sl/ scholarships letter
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oyatospecial: 8:47am On Apr 03, 2018
Good Morning. Trust we all had a splendid night. I'm quite new to the trend and I will like to know about the whole admission process in Germany.
I currently started an online application to study MSC in Political Science at the University of Mannheim and I was told to enter the University entrance qualification exam I'm holding and the details but I don't know what it means.
I will appreciate if anyone can put me through the application process.
I have attached the screenshot of the application portal page. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.