Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (702147 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lakeside2134: 9:20pm On May 12, 2018
Hello everyone
Can lagos state high court certification be accepted by BTU Cottbus
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 12, 2018
Berliner1:

Yes but I wont advice that route except u are boxed up.

Why dont u come in first, then apply for your spoise and kid to join you?

If you are going to a state like bavaria I doubt if they will grant your visa with them.
How will the children cope? Thought English is not taught at primary or secondary level.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2018
dailydolar:
how long has he been in Germany? Has he finished his MSC or PhD. Just fill us in jare make we learn cos my family must follow waka come

Boss how far? Has Siegen gotten back to you?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 10:02pm On May 12, 2018
Pervic:

Nothing to be worried about if U are not d type dat do change DOB in different stages of life to suit different purpose.

because dey don't play wit "DOB". DOB can lead to so many stressful issues at times. So just relax if U know Ur DOB in places verified are same. Else just pray against any unnecessary stress.

Bruv, kindly PM me, I've maxed out my PM allowance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 10:23pm On May 12, 2018
Triplekbaby:
. Lol. Well he is an MSc Student in BTU Cottbus. All he had to do was provide proof of accommodation and had to block 5000 euro in addition to his work contract. Cos he is working and studying. Most of the work is from my end.
is it only 5k euro or 5k per person that's coming ? What of someone doing fulltime student and just do small student work dobyou know the process
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:23pm On May 12, 2018
hostine316:

@Berliner1 already clarified what it means if you going for Bachelors. Also, consider completing a foundation course (“Studienkolleg”). The level depends on your choice of university. You can ask experts here for more details.

Why should he consider completing a foundation course when he already possesses the requirement for direct Bsc admission? Yet, you are the person that was accusing someone of misinformation. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by honourableseyi: 10:24pm On May 12, 2018
bamdexfarms:

Studienkolleg? Despite my HND qualification?

Your HND qualifies you for Bsc. Shalom

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2018
MaroCruz:

Boss how far? Has Siegen gotten back to you?
I sent them a mail for the nanoscience and nanotechnology and they said they will get back to me from next week just sent sha knowing fully well say na 2months them dey take reply so na prayer I dey really on now
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 12, 2018
honourableseyi:

Why should he consider completing a foundation course when he already possesses the requirement for direct Bsc admission? Yet, you are the person that was accusing someone of misinformation. Shalom

Sorry for the misinformation. Thought it was just WAEC only. I admit this and really apologize for that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by naijacentric(m): 12:30am On May 13, 2018
dailydolar:
after applying the will send you a receipt kind of which you will use to make the payment so if you have applied you will see it
thanks bros
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Danomil234(m): 1:51am On May 13, 2018
taiwo92:
Greetings from Munich, am now 5weeks in Germany and I must say the hustle is real ( school and work). To all guys coming please keep the light burning, it will end in praise. . Shalom.

Hi boss.
I would love to have a discussion with u.
I am a prospective and would love to have ur input on some issues. Tnx in advance.
Pls follow back, so we can talk, if that's fine with u. Tnx
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Danomil234(m): 1:59am On May 13, 2018
TheNobelPrize:

Lol.I can't send 10 applications with UPS now.That will be the biggest joke of the century. That was a test run.Even if I am sending my app again to LMU, it will still be Nipost, but unregistered. I have learnt from the great folks here.Cheers!

Bros abeg, I am trying to apply as well to LMU for Msc Biochem. and would like to clarify. Did u apply direct to ur program, or through the international office?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SooCute(m): 4:40am On May 13, 2018
chrisb2r200:

Babe wat date were u given....i was given 14 June but still waiting for admission
Did you get appointment date without admission?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SooCute(m): 4:56am On May 13, 2018
TheNobelPrize:

Thanks bro.I have sent an email since yesterday, still awaiting response. Anyway I sent my form to FSU Jena through UPS, and I got a confirmation email of delivery today.Took less than 3 days with UPS. Nipost is just so annoying. Still thinking of resending again to LMU Munich.I am just waiting for their reply.

Bro that's not my story o. I have never ever had a bad experience with NIPOST (Owerri). I have tried both the registered and unregistered for almost 6times this period and got delivery acknowleged within 9-10 days.

Maybe cox i am #naturallyblessed!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by femo86(m): 4:58am On May 13, 2018
Triplekbaby:
. Lol. Well he is an MSc Student in BTU Cottbus. All he had to do was provide proof of accommodation and had to block 5000 euro in addition to his work contract. Cos he is working and studying. Most of the work is from my end.

Did you learn german as part of the requirements?

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by alphamars(m): 5:07am On May 13, 2018
I don't mean to offend anybody here.. But guys what are the list of hard copy documents required to be sent to uni-assist and how do we certify them?
Is ielts result compulsory?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chrisb2r200: 5:11am On May 13, 2018
SooCute:

Did you get appointment date without admission?
Noooo I used admission from a private uni....before una go let embassy dey find me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Pervic(m): 5:20am On May 13, 2018
alphamars:
I don't mean to offend anybody here.. But guys what are the list of hard copy documents required to be sent to uni-assist and how do we certify them?
Is ielts result compulsory?

List of documents required by uni-assist is same as list of documents requested by d Uni (s) U are applying to. So please check the requirement(s) of the uni (s) U are applying to via Uni-assist n den U will know Wat to send.

Generally the documents will include:

Certificate / Statement of Result (for graduates)

Transcript

SSCE Certificate

Proof of English Test (either language test result or proficiency still depends on requirement)

Original recommendation letter(s) if needed

Application form (if the Uni has a separate application form)

Uni-assist signed application Form(s)

Proof of payment for application(s) via uni-assist

And other documents U feel will be relevant to Ur application.

IELTS result is not compulsory for all uni. As requirement differ from one uni to another.

Uni-assist accepts certification from notary public, high court etc. Just ensure each page are properly stamp and signed den U are good to go.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SooCute(m): 5:25am On May 13, 2018
Arch Bishop of the house, please i want to ask how possible is it to apply for visa with BA details(not funded) and letter want to use SL?

What are the pros and cons?

honourableseyi:

Your HND qualifies you for Bsc. Shalom
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by SooCute(m): 5:27am On May 13, 2018
Please dear i want to ask how possible is it to apply for visa with BA details(not funded) and letter want to use SL?

Berliner1:

Dhl monday....2pm

Are u in lagos?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Pervic(m): 5:35am On May 13, 2018
SooCute:
Arch Bishop of the house, please i want to ask how possible is it to apply for visa with BA details(not funded) and letter want to use SL?

Very possible. U can use BA not funded to apply for Visa interview appointment n turn in SL on the day of the interview or after the interview.

If SL is turned in on the day of interview, better.

But if SL is not ready n U intend sending it to the embassy after Ur interview still k n acceptable but on the day of interview, please be cautious of the following questions or questions related to it -

1. Do U av any friend in Germany?

2. Do U av any relatives in Germany?

It will be wrong to say "NO" to the above questions when U intend sending SL to the embassy after interview. Den where is the SL now coming from

Just be careful n know the right tin to do. It is very possible.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:17am On May 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

How will the children cope? Thought English is not taught at primary or secondary level.

Children learn the language faster than adults. That's not a problem actually. You'd be surprised than within 6 months they'd be able to interact with their classmates in school. They do attend language course in the school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by TheNobelPrize(m): 6:22am On May 13, 2018
SooCute:

Bro that's not my story o. I have never ever had a bad experience with NIPOST (Owerri). I have tried both the registered and unregistered for almost 6times this period and got delivery acknowleged within 9-10 days.

Maybe cox i am #naturallyblessed!

Lol.You are just a drama king!

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eke40seven(m): 6:27am On May 13, 2018
E don tey small grin
Although I read from time to time but many of the answers are already in the previous thread, so I don't see much importance in my presence anymore but, in the next posts, I will go through the top ten myths prospective students have about Germany. However, before I do that I will give this advice.
LEARN GERMAN!!!!! LEARN GERMAN!!!

With my sleek pickup lines I can
Make all the pretty honies my fan
Now I am voiceless like Herman
Because I couldn't speak German

I applied to 100 jobs, I no dey lie
100 calls from HRM but I can't reply
I am pretty strong powerful man
But they said I can't speak German

grin grin

I don tire, I can't go on with this.
But, please, I know sometimes it's hard to combine visa hustle, work and learning German at the same time, but if you have half a chance, please do attempt to learn German to a certain level before you come.
School will be easier by a factor of 100 if you do because you wouldn't have to do the difficult jobs to survive, which means you can reserve more strength to study. This also means you can work higher wage jobs while working for lesser number of hours. You won't also be under pressure to survive. If your German language proficiency is better, you will be on top of your game in so many aspects especially if you don't find yourself in places like München.

22 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by TheNobelPrize(m): 6:31am On May 13, 2018
Danomil234:

Bros abeg, I am trying to apply as well to LMU for Msc Biochem. and would like to clarify. Did u apply direct to ur program, or through the international office?

You need to contact your dept, or read through their website. Process of admission varies.For example,the astrophysics dept,demands applicants to send their whole documents including physics GRE to their email address only in 1 PDF file. After that, they can contact the international office ASAP.But this is different for the theoretical and mathematical physics program. The astrophysics dpt evaluated my transcript and said I will just be considered for their assessment test.But I am really lax towards Munich,because the cost of living there is very high.This assessment test is what is called interview in some departments.So different programs with different policy.Hope you understand! Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 6:35am On May 13, 2018
bamdexfarms:
Hello Friends, great work you are doing here as regards the wealth of info provided. I have some questions and I'll be glad if answered.

1: is "university entrance examination" same as o levels?

2: Does Ikeja high court use seal when certifying documents?

3: Do I need to provide waec cards for documents certification?

Thanks in anticipation. @berliner @jigba
University entrance examination is the same as your O'level exams. And likewise, JAMB is another exam you write to be qualified to proceed for higher studies.
Moreso, it's among the docs to be certified.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Germanyinabit: 6:37am On May 13, 2018
Triplekbaby:
Good morning all. I came on here around January to ask about family reunion. Well. This is to update you. I had my interview March 8, paid my visa fee of N28,500 and verification fee of 150,000. On the 21st of April an investigation lawyer, visited my house and met with parents, my parents inlaw, my siblings that are above 18, and 2 of my references. They were given questionnaires to fill and my father was given a copy of an affidavit of which he was a deponent to counter sign. All my schools were visited from primary to university level. April 30th I got a mail from the embassy to bring my insurance and international passport. Which I went to submit. At this point I felt very confident of receiving my visa anytime soon. But yesterday, the lawyer called me and told me the embassy reached out to me to investigate my birth. I gave him all necessary info and the address and name of the hospital. I do t know if I should be worried as I have not heard of any case where the embassy conducts any investigation after asking for travel insurance and passport. I need anyone with experience to please explain what to expect so I can be at ease. Thank you

Do not worry. The embassy always like to know to the best of their knowledge the background of whom they want to let into their country. Just be positive and keep an eye on your mailbox because they may send an email to you soon asking for your intended day of travel once your lawyer give them feedback.
All the best!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:38am On May 13, 2018
Jigba:

Children learn the language faster than adults. That's not a problem actually. You'd be surprised than within 6 months they'd be able to interact with their classmates in school. They do attend language course in the school.
I know children learn fast but they still need English if the family is to return back to Nigeria. Or else they will be lagging behind the mates back home.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:52am On May 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

I know children learn fast but they still need English if the family is to return back to Nigeria. Or else they will be lagging behind the mates back home.

Oga English is taught in schools.

Parents should beworried about their native language more cause that's what most of them tend to forget when they come here.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:56am On May 13, 2018
Jigba:

Oga English is taught in schools.

Parents should beworried about their native language more cause that's what most of them tend to forget when they come here.
Hahaha. Native language is almost dead na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 6:58am On May 13, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Hahaha. Native language is almost dead na.

Yea, sadly.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by swisster: 9:12am On May 13, 2018
Tobydalton:
Good evening again, please im trying to apply for im trying to apply for course and from the universitys site it saying I should register through Uni-assist. I already registered to uni-assist and I have problem with this again. Please help me
same thing wit me. sum1 should help plz

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.