Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (702177 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Cnwag: 10:49am On May 15, 2018
Please can anyone help out with this
Description of the content on all bachelors taken..can't find it in my school website.
Thanks.

Kenthumphz:

Amen. August ending

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 10:52am On May 15, 2018
adeptonlin:

Please how do i pick University of Siegen on uni assist portal? I need an urgent reply please.

It's direct application, doesn't use uni-assist. Visit the school's website
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2018
What's the meaning of AM?

Lalaski001:

Congrats bro for your successful interview.

Your AM will arrive very soon in Jesus name.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by adedejioluwaseu: 10:57am On May 15, 2018
Kenthumphz:

Amen. August ending

Congratulations bro!!! How much did you pay for the visa fee?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ajeleseujn(m): 10:59am On May 15, 2018
adeptonlin:

Please how do i pick University of Siegen on uni assist portal? I need an urgent reply please.

Go to the school's website first to know if you will be applying through uni assist or not. I applied to the school directly via e-mail.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by peemyke(f): 10:59am On May 15, 2018
MaroCruz:

Okpala, how did you arrive at this figure? from the consulate site, the minimum is still 8,640 (plus buffer deposit of 100, plus initial admin fee of 89)

Please confirm, You can still open with more tho, but that's the minimum requirement
thanks so much, great relief. �
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kenthumphz(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2018
Cnwag:
Please can anyone help out with this
Description of the content on all bachelors taken..can't find it in my school website.
Thanks.

Transcript of records is your B.Sc transcripts. If you don't know what transcripts is then the question is are you going for B.Sc or M.Sc?

Description is just you rolling out the name of the courses you took during your degree days, especially the ones relevant to your course.

University Entrance is your WAEC or NECO

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2018
People of God, help me with these questions

1. I have the option of using a sponsor or blocked account, which one is more reliable that will not give me issue? A friend in Germany is willing to be my sponsor.
PS: I actually don't want any bank to block my money jor

2. How many days does it take to get the sponsor letter from the alien office in Germany or is it just go in, fill form and they will issue the sponsor letter?

3. Do I need to make arrangement for health insurance before going for visa interview?

4. How many days does the visa takes to be issued after interview or is it immediately like US visa?

5. Does anyone have sample motivation letter for interview that they can give me? I will be applying in the UK and the embassy requires it.

6. Any other info will be appreciated.

#TeamFSUJena2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by FanalCrystal(m): 11:20am On May 15, 2018
Congrats bro!.Sorry did you go along with your primary school certificate ? and did the VO ask you about the transcript.

Kenthumphz:
My Transcript.

Arrived Bonny Camp by 5:00 after leaving Sangotedo, after Ajah by 4:30 am. Didn't feel like going to stand while queuing, so I went to a branch of my place of work to relax. Got back to the embassy by 6:15. Met some 12 people on the queue already. You know how it is na, my body begin dey scratch me. That passport wey I talk say I no go do, I go do am o. I paid 1k for it. Got back to my queue by 6:35.

Paulinus landed. Silence in the land. He'd asked all of us to bring out our documents. Mind you, he does that batch by batch. 4 per batch.
One guy allowed the screaming get to him, he was just messing his documents up. Guys nothing bad about the man. Get all your documents right, act smart, dress smart and you gonna be fine, trust me.

I scaled all of that and went in to do my biometrics by 7:25(did that at the first office as soon as security guys scan you for metal objects). Done with biometrics and in my mind, this Nigerian lady should tell me where to go and do my interview, that was when I received my rude shock.

VO: Let's begin the interview
Me:How and why(All in my mind o. Cos I been think say them go carry me go inside na, meet that my favorite German lady to interview me, una wey know sabi wetin i dey yarn na.....lol)

VO: You learnt the language.
Me: Learning by self via YouTube and other online materials

VO: Funded?
Me: Yes.

VO: Master or Bachelor's
Me: Masters

VO: Course
Me: Economic Policy

VO: Why Germany
Me: bla bla bla

VO: Why not USA or Canada
Me: usual answer na. Premium edu at a cost that doesn't break bank or wallet

VO: Why this course
Me: told her

VO: Tell me what you know about Germany.
Me: Told her a lot and was hoping she'd stop me, she didn't o. Na him I stop o

VO: That all you know?
Me: Yes

VO: B.Sc Thesis topic
Me: Told her

VO: Tell me your findings about your thesis
Me: Told her. She had to stop me as she was inputting all of my answers

VO: That will be all
Me: Nibo!!! So fast. No be two hours una dey use. Wetin happen to other questions like tell me about your modules etc. 30 minutes never complete sef(All in my mind o)

So that was it. I give God the glory cos I wasn't found wanting in any of the areas I was asked and it indeed was a success by God's grace.

P.S-I didnt go with my transcript. When Pauly was asking for it, I did as if I had it. My point is, be smart. Don't be exposing your self and be telling him everything you didn't bring. All in all, carry everything OK.

Thanks to all the good guys who made their transcripts available for novice like myself to use to prepare. That's why am giving back to the society that gave to me when I was in need of guidance

One love
Bless up
Jesus gets the Glory outta everything.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 11:37am On May 15, 2018
fluxyn:

I applied to FAU and I got my notary public from yaba magistrate court. I think we should all get it right. When we go to court please ask for notary public so that you can get a red seal. Mine was accepted and my status is currently on valid. Am waiting for it to change to admitted. By HIS grace
On this note, I certified my docs at federal high court then during last summer application and applied to FAU bt my doc was still accepted by them. So I don't know where 'public notary stuff' is now the accepted certification.
Anyways, FAU with their wahala sha.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 11:48am On May 15, 2018
[quote author=luckyzeeto post=67556504]I did certification of my documents at federal high Court, in oke mosan, Abeokuta today, it was only stamp twice and sign without seal. I'm so concerns now if it is going to be accepted without seal because the one i did in lagos last year was with seal.is there anybody here that have certified in Abeokuta before without seal and it was accepted by the school.[/quote
Same in Ibadan and none of my docs were rejected when I sent them to d schs in Germany. So don't be panic, just go ahead!
Best wishes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by upkay: 11:56am On May 15, 2018
harrisonxury:
Hi everyone,

I just finished applying to University of Bonn.

What should I be expecting next?

Does their admission process take longer time as well?
You expect the mail from them to know d next step to take because I don't think d institution created a portal for the applicants to check d progress of application status.
Concerning d admission process, just put ur mind in July for their decision. That's why you spread ur wings to some other schs dt might give decide on time.
Best wishes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by fluxyn(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2018
upkay:

On this note, I certified my docs at federal high court then during last summer application and applied to FAU bt my doc was still accepted by them. So I don't know where 'public notary stuff' is now the accepted certification.
Guess FAU has wahala this one that everyone has soo many not too nice things to say about them. Please where you admitted and if not wat reason did they give for the rejection as I am on valid for 2 weeks now and am hoping for the best n any info could be soothing right now. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by fluxyn(m): 11:59am On May 15, 2018
upkay:

You expect the mail from them to know d next step to take because I don't think d institution created a portal for the applicants to check d progress of application status.
Concerning d admission process, just put ur mind in July for their decision. That's why you spread ur wings to some other schs dt might give decide on time.
Best wishes

I applied since last month to bonn. And got a mail last week that my application was formally submitted to the masters office and that I will get a mail by the end of May for an interview if I am chosen. Well hoping for the best in that again. Abeg anyone with previous BONN experience should please help out
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2018
Kenthumphz:
My Transcript.

Arrived Bonny Camp by 5:00 after leaving Sangotedo, after Ajah by 4:30 am. Didn't feel like going to stand while queuing, so I went to a branch of my place of work to relax. Got back to the embassy by 6:15. Met some 12 people on the queue already. You know how it is na, my body begin dey scratch me. That passport wey I talk say I no go do, I go do am o. I paid 1k for it. Got back to my queue by 6:35.

Paulinus landed. Silence in the land. He'd asked all of us to bring out our documents. Mind you, he does that batch by batch. 4 per batch.
One guy allowed the screaming get to him, he was just messing his documents up. Guys nothing bad about the man. Get all your documents right, act smart, dress smart and you gonna be fine, trust me.

Wow, that's nice. seems like you are the tall guy on suit, was surprised I couldn't find you when I eventually came into the waiting room. Omo, the Messing up of the documents was as a result of me stapling the photocopies when I need not to. sorting them out became a problem as I have to detach them individually, I just have to play calm and bother less about his rantings. But his a nice guy, just want us to adhere strictly to his orders. it all went well for me as well as I wasn't even quizzed so much to my greateat surprise. Thank God in all. see you in deutschland. cheers

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2018
Kenthumphz:
My Transcript.

I scaled all of that and went in to do my biometrics by 7:25(did that at the first office as soon as security guys scan you for metal objects). Done with biometrics and in my mind, this Nigerian lady should tell me where to go and do my interview, that was when I received my rude shock.

Me:How and why(All in my mind o. Cos I been think say them go carry me go inside na, meet that my favorite German lady to interview me, una wey know sabi wetin i dey yarn na.....lol)

Me: Nibo!!! So fast. No be two hours una dey use. Wetin happen to other questions like tell me about your modules etc. 30 minutes never complete sef(All in my mind o)

So that was it. I give God the glory cos I wasn't found wanting in any of the areas I was asked and it indeed was a success by God's grace.

P.S-I didnt go with my transcript. When Pauly was asking for it, I did as if I had it. My point is, be smart. Don't be exposing your self and be telling him everything you didn't bring. All in all, carry everything OK.

Thanks to all the good guys who made their transcripts available for novice like myself to use to prepare. That's why am giving back to the society that gave to me when I was in need of guidance

One love
Bless up

Wow, that's nice. seems like you are the tall guy on suit, was surprised I couldn't find you when I eventually came into the waiting room. Omo, the Messing up of the documents was as a result of me stapling the photocopies when I need not to. sorting them out became a problem as I have to detach them individually, I just have to play calm and bother less about his rantings. But his a nice guy, just want us to adhere strictly to his orders. it all went well for me as well as I wasn't even quizzed so much to my greateat surprise. Thank God in all. see you in deutschland. cheers

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2018
@ kenthumphz, Wow, that's nice. seems like you are the tall guy on suit, was surprised I couldn't find you when I eventually came into the waiting room. Omo, the Messing up of the documents was as a result of me stapling the photocopies when I need not to. sorting them out became a problem as I have to detach them individually, I just have to play calm and bother less about his rantings. But his a nice guy, just want us to adhere strictly to his orders. it all went well for me as well as I wasn't even quizzed so much to my greateat surprise. Thank God in all. see you in deutschland. cheers

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kenthumphz(m): 12:08pm On May 15, 2018
FanalCrystal:

Congrats bro!.Sorry did you go along with your primary school certificate ? and did the VO ask you about the transcript.

I did. VO didn't ask after it. Pauly asked after it but as a sharp guy, seeing I didn't come with it as I didn't see the need, I pretended as though I had it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kenthumphz(m): 12:10pm On May 15, 2018
Eldeee:
@ kenthumphz, Wow, that's nice. seems like you are the tall guy on suit, was surprised I couldn't find you when I eventually came into the waiting room. Omo, the Messing up of the documents was as a result of me stapling the photocopies when I need not to. sorting them out became a problem as I have to detach them individually, I just have to play calm and bother less about his rantings. But his a nice guy, just want us to adhere strictly to his orders. it all went well for me as well as I wasn't even quizzed so much to my greateat surprise. Thank God in all. see you in deutschland. cheers

BABA show abeg. Identify yourself. Which of the guys you be. where you before or after me. Yes. o was the guy on suit. I go PM you now
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mayorelnino(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2018
Kenthumphz:
My Transcript.

One love
Bless up

it gonna be success by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2018
just finished typing a detailed transcript of my interview, but it disappeared as I posted it, just don't understand why. Anyway the interview went well with no much quizzing. Was attended to by visa officer 4, a cool young guy. Questions were basically about my bsc, it's relationship with the present msc am going for, what I have been doing after graduation from the University, questions about what I know about Germany, why the course, why study in Germany against USA, Canada etc, funding issues, asked me hope I don't intend using sponsorship letter after presenting block account opening confirmation and adviced I fund with the block account. seems they are not at home with this anymore. I don't really know why. my marital status, my plans after graduation etc.

Pls try as much as possible to carry every documents you used for schooling. I was asked to provide my bachelors certificate even after presenting my transcript.

Alles es gut

Danke schon.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Eldeee(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2018
Kenthumphz:

BABA show abeg. Identify yourself. Which of the guys you be. where you before or after me. Yes. o was the guy on suit. I go PM you now

I just replied your mail, thanks in all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Cay24: 1:41pm On May 15, 2018
Hello ladys and Gs.

Please I think we need more stories and experience sharing about studying and living in Germany for students, especially from those that are already there. Honestly I need real experiences especially the not so pleasant once, we literally know all the positive stories. Hence I really need to hear the unpleasant once so as to prepare ahead on how to tackle them or if possible avoid them.

We need to know those myths and untrue fantasy about studying in Germany. And also what happens after studies.

It is better to live like there is hell. So eventually if there is no hell it will be a bonus. If there is one we will be prepared, instead of playing the ostrich.

Veterans please we need those stories to prepare our mind ahead.

Thanks

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:49pm On May 15, 2018
MaroCruz:

1 is the highest on the German scale, so no worries, 2.2 is higher than 2.5.

What about 2.6? No school accepts that?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 1:58pm On May 15, 2018
Cay24:
Hello ladys and Gs.

Please I think we need more stories and experience sharing about studying and living in Germany for students, especially from those that are already there. Honestly I need real experiences especially the not so pleasant once, we literally know all the positive stories. Hence I really need to hear the unpleasant once so as to prepare ahead on how to tackle them or if possible avoid them.

We need to know those myths and untrue fantasy about studying in Germany. And also what happens after studies.

It is better to live like there is hell. So eventually if there is no hell it will be a bonus. If there is one we will be prepared, instead of playing the ostrich.

Thanks

Seconded!

We used to get post from our brethrens already in Germany about the current situation of things on the ground. I really don't know why they stopped posting.

Please, for the guys on ground, we know how difficult it can be to juggle your schedules and still make out time to keep us informed here, but, please, we still need you guys to at least give us updates every now and then.

You can tell us about you city, possibility of getting student jobs, how far you have gone in learning the language, your course, general information and myths that need to be debunked, etc.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 2:04pm On May 15, 2018
upkay:

I have told them many times but they won't just stop gibing us fake news but all the same FAU na just kolo school my advise run away from them. Guy any news
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by olig(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2018
MaroCruz:

go to https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/

Enter your grade, Max grade=5, Min grade=1.5

Hence 3.69/5 = 2.12, Don't know the min grade for the 7 GPA scale, you can do that yourself

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 15, 2018
Cay24:
Hello ladys and Gs.

Thanks

I know a lady here who did the same and she was bashed, now she barely post on this thread. Are you people tired of hearing the positive stories already??

Reality will hit most of you when you get here sha.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by mayorelnino(m): 2:20pm On May 15, 2018
Lalaski001:

Seconded!

We used to get post from our brethrens already in Germany about the current situation of things on the ground. I really don't know why they stopped posting.

Please, for the guys on ground, we know how difficult it can be to juggle your schedules and still make out time to keep us informed here, but, please, we still need you guys to at least give us updates every now and then.

You can tell us about you city, possibility of getting student jobs, how far you have gone in learning the language, your course, general information and myths that need to be debunked, etc.

Thanks.
I agree with this also. Help us to achieve our dream.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Kenthumphz(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2018
Eldeee:

I just replied your mail, thanks in all.

Not sure you sent or replied my PM. Please do.
Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chrisb2r200: 2:30pm On May 15, 2018
Jigba:

I know a lady here who did the same and she was bashed, now she barely post on this thread. Are you people tired of hearing the positive stories already??

Reality will hit most of you when you get here sha.

Sister calm down...this life not too hard..na just plan well and God's grace..i don observe you..you nor dey always get 'joy' for ur post...you dey threaten us ...abeg oooo calm down ...wish aspirants well...good and favorable conditions will 'hit' anyone going

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by engrola00001(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2018
MasterforceII:
Hello house?

Anybody here in RWTH Aechen? I just received a conditional offer for a masters program in Electrical Engineering at the school. They want me to take some prerequisite BSc courses in the school before the masters program starts and I'm confused cos these courses are german taught.

Any take on this?
I was given the same conditional admission in civil engineering, I was told to complete the outstanding bachelor courses before registering for master thesis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.