Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,357 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

In Christ Prt3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Christ Prt3 (280 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Bishop Pa Brooks Death | Bishop Pa Brooks Died | Dead - Church Of God In Christ / SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Christ Prt3 by dBeinning(m): 1:42am On Jul 24, 2017
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The blessing belonging to the believer is of eternal value, nothing carnal, or of the senses, or earthly. Righteousness is one of this blessing. It seems to me as the most vital of all the blessing that we have in Christ.

Righteousness, and every other blessing that belong to the believer IN CHRIST can not be worked for, it is a GIFT, it is a BLESSING!

It is called the gift of righteousness in Romans 5:17, and as such should be received IN FAITH by the believer, not by works (or self effort).

A blessing or gift is something given by the prerogative of the giver to the receiver. The receiver does nothing to earn it; all that is needed of him is to receive.

If your boss comes to your office at the end of the month with your pay cheque and hands it over to you, he hasn't blessed you, he is paying you for your services - it was well earned by you, it is never a gift. But if he comes to your office the day following and hands you another cheque saying, "take this, use it for your up coming birthday celebration", that is a blessing; it is a gift, because you did nothing to earn it; you didn't work for it, he just handed it over to your of his own free will.

So also are the spiritual blessings we have received from our Father God in Christ Jesus.

Righteousness is the ability to stand before God without any sense of inferiority, guilt, condemnation or unworthiness. It is a POSITION in Christ not a DISPOSITION of our own doing.

It is a gift not a reward. It is a blessing, lest anyone would boast:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Righteousness is not something you do, it is what you are in Christ! We don't try to act righteous, we are righteous!

It is in KNOWING that you are as righteous as God Himself, that you will be able to walk in the LIGHT of His righteous which is now your righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:21 :

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

We are righteous with God's righteousness! Christ was made to be sin on our behalf, he that was faultless and without sin, that we might be righteous with His righteousness. This was a transaction that happened without our consent between the Father and His Christ; we had nothing to do with it. All we need do no is to receive what Christ has done for us by FAITH.

As you are now in Christ, you are as righteous as you will ever be. You are exactly like God. You may say, I certainly don't feel nor act like it; well here is the thing, YOUR FEELINGS DON'T COUNT! If God said it, then you are it.

You see, man or woman is a spirit, that possesses a soul, and lives in a body; he or she is triune - SPIRIT, SOUL, and BODY.

Your spirit, which is the real you is the part of you that has been made righteous with Christ's righteousness. It is the spirit that is imparted with Eternal Life at the new birth. Your soul is to be redeemed or renewed by your study of the word (Rom 12:2). Your body has been purchased (1 Cor 6:20)and is to be redeemed also, waiting for the adoption (this will happen at the appearing of Christ, Rom 8:23). It is your spirit that has been made righteous in Christ.

So every spiritual blessing had been given you in the spirit if indeed you are in Christ, Romans 8:9:

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, he is none of his.

It now becomes your responsibility to know this things that have been freely given to you in Christ (which is what the renewing of the mind is all about), so that you can walk in them and see their manifestation in your day to day life.

Hope You have been blessed.

Confess this: I have the Spirit of Christ, I am His righteousness, I am His priced possession, and my body has become a living temple to my Father and His Christ.

https://graceunpacked..com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Good Content That Edify Soul As A Believer. / A Popular Roman Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Patrick Edet Dumped Priesthood / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.