Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church (2176 Views)

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden / COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by divineappo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
(True Story of a friend)

My Ordeal at Christ Embassy healing school August 2018 section.

It's my mom, she had stroke since March 2015. And before that time it's wasn't long that we lost dad to a kidney illness of about 14months till he finally left. We were still struggling to recover from the financial stress and stuff when mom had stroke.

Our world came crashing down again, i had to leave school to stay in the hospital with her. I only went back to school during the exam to write my exam. Didn't even know why I didn't carry any course over but I couldn't write my project.

So when my sister graduated she came home to stay with mom so I came to Lagos to work because hunger nearly killed us. I started a little job In Lagos and started attending Christ Embassy.

So I began to see the videos of the previous healings school and I felt I have to bring mom during the next healing school in Lagos But last year there wasnt healing school in Nigeria.

During Loveworld January this year, pastor Benny hinn said there will be healing section on the last day of the program So I quickly arranged for a car to bring my mom to Lagos. Many people also brought their loved ones but at the end no attention was given to us. It was fund raising everywhere.

So mom stayed with me in one room self contain since then till June. When pastor Chris oyahkilome announced that there will be healing school in Lagos Nigeria, everyone shouted for joy. Immediately I registered her and we were happy the time for her healing is here because we have seen a lot of testimonies and videos of people who attended healing school and got healed.
I asked my boss for a month she said I was foolish for trying to stop my job for the purpose of healing school but I chose to take my mom to healing school because I completely trusted she will be fine.

*So I quit my job* Healing school started on 27th of July, we arrived very early in the morning for the orientation, We spent about #4000 everyday for our to and fro movement, buying the materials for lectures, and some other stuff we need to do with money, we sow seeds consistently too.

The program was actually 2 sections, so our own section been the first should end on 12th But on 11th they called out some of our names and inform us that pastor wouldn't be ministering to us in 12th, so we have to wait and take the lectures again with the second batch students for another two weeks, This time I was so frustrated because I have exusted all the money on me and excitedly thinking Sunday ends it all.

So I tried my best but couldn't afford the tfare any longer so I had to go beg a woman who gave us her shop which is a bit closer to oregun to sleep in the night. She took 4k from us every week, I paid for 2weeks, My mom and I slept on that cemented floor for about 2weeks, sometimes no food for us to eat, sometimes what I could afford for mom in the whole day is gala and a satchet of pure water while I sleep with empty stomach.

Till the healing services came on Sunday 26th, with all exitment and expectations, We were asked to arrive at the LCA by 6am, before 5am we were there already. We were given seat numbers but surprisingly when we entered the hall we already saw people occupied the supposed seat we had their numbers

We asked our lecturers they assured us that the numbers were given in 2batches so after pastor finish ministering to those first set we will occupy the place and be ministered to.

So we obediently obeyed their instructions
So pastor came out to heal the first set of people which mainly comprised of people who can stand on their own without an aid, few people on stretchers, about very few people on wheelchairs they all got healed and were rejoicing.
We also rejoice with them in anticipation of ours.

But surprisingly instead of allowing us occupy the seat as promised they call the pastors and some other members to occupy them.

So we began to ask for explanation for the reason things turned out that way, we began to press towards the stage where pastor Chris is, then they called in the ushers to completely block us so camera wouldn't see us at all.

We kept pressing forward till all the pastors who lectured us and promised to put us on healing lines came to join the ushers and pushed us back telling us we can get our miracles anywhere not until pastor minister to Us.

So it wasn't long pastor said he's done with the healing service Everyone shouted because there were still more than people on wheelchairs that hasn't been ministered to with some on stretchers too
So pastor Chris asked us to raise the paper indicating the condition, he prayed and asked us to act with faith. He then prayed on some shawls and asked us to drop a love offering of #5k at least for one.

Everyone tried lifting their loved ones making them do what they couldn't do till pastor walked out of the hall. After about 30min trying to exercise faith each person sat back on their wheel chair and returned home like that after the healing school.

What actually gave me more concern was that one of the pastors blamed it all on us saying we didn't have enough faith that the prayers pastor prayed was enough to heal our loved ones but we refused to Take the healings

*So my questions are*
What exactly is Faith ?
That I quit my job for this purpose isn't faith enough
That I left a self contained decent room to sleep in a shop for two weeks isn't faith enough?
I emptied my bank account to sow seed
And why is it that all the people we meet at the healing school during lectures, with whom we interacted prayed together and encouraged each other. Not even one was healed.
I endured hunger for this same purpose isn't faith enough.

As for me I had just #400 and I was confident cause I already concluded that mom is going to walk today and the #400 will be enough to take us back home as we will go home with public transport not taxify.
All of us still saw each other and went home

*faustrated*
*disappointed*
*depressed*
And *broke*

Still having to push our loved ones with the wheelchair. I have to beg the cab driver that we later used to please come back next week to take the #2k he promised to collect.

I don't really know what all the drama represent but I know there's more to all these show of miracles that we see on television, they are not exactly what we are seeing."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by greatmarshall(m): 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
undecided
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by risos(m): 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by dvine2020: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
So sad.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hmmmn only God knows.
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by ArcFresky(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
The earlier we realise when pastors request money to perform miracles, its a sham.

When they say buy book... Sham?
Love offering...... Sham?

Anyways some pastors actually don't even ask for shiiii...
Adeboye
Kumuyi
Olukoya...
These men pray directly from stage after preaching.... People get healed....
Find one of their December retreat programme and attend

I will recommend deeperlife church. They have a programme coming up soon. They offer free food and free accommodation, even free transportation to and from camp.

If you are interested, hit me up... Or you cn even do a google search.
God heal ur mum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Dollarseeker: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
na wa o. m not surprised anyways

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Righteousness89(m): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
divineappo:
(True Story of a friend)

It's my mom, she had stroke since March 2015. And before that time it's wasn't long that we lost dad to a kidney illness of about 14months till he finally left. We were still struggling to recover from the financial stress and stuff when mom had stroke.

Our world came crashing down again, i had to leave school to stay in the hospital with her. I only went back to school during the exam to write my exam. Didn't even know why I didn't carry any course over but I couldn't write my project.

So when my sister graduated she came home to stay with mom so I came to Lagos to work because hunger nearly killed us. I started a little job In Lagos and started attending Christ Embassy.

So I began to see the videos of the previous healings school and I felt I have to bring mom during the next healing school in Lagos But last year there wasnt healing school in Nigeria.

During Loveworld January this year, pastor Benny hinn said there will be healing section on the last day of the program So I quickly arranged for a car to bring my mom to Lagos. Many people also brought their loved ones but at the end no attention was given to us. It was fund raising everywhere.

So mom stayed with me in one room self contain since then till June. When pastor Chris oyahkilome announced that there will be healing school in Lagos Nigeria, everyone shouted for joy. Immediately I registered her and we were happy the time for her healing is here because we have seen a lot of testimonies and videos of people who attended healing school and got healed.
I asked my boss for a month she said I was foolish for trying to stop my job for the purpose of healing school but I chose to take my mom to healing school because I completely trusted she will be fine.

*So I quit my job* Healing school started on 27th of July, we arrived very early in the morning for the orientation, We spent about #4000 everyday for our to and fro movement, buying the materials for lectures, and some other stuff we need to do with money, we sow seeds consistently too.

The program was actually 2 sections, so our own section been the first should end on 12th But on 11th they called out some of our names and inform us that pastor wouldn't be ministering to us in 12th, so we have to wait and take the lectures again with the second batch students for another two weeks, This time I was so frustrated because I have exusted all the money on me and excitedly thinking Sunday ends it all.

So I tried my best but couldn't afford the tfare any longer so I had to go beg a woman who gave us her shop which is a bit closer to oregun to sleep in the night. She took 4k from us every week, I paid for 2weeks, My mom and I slept on that cemented floor for about 2weeks, sometimes no food for us to eat, sometimes what I could afford for mom in the whole day is gala and a satchet of pure water while I sleep with empty stomach.

Till the healing services came on Sunday 26th, with all exitment and expectations, We were asked to arrive at the LCA by 6am, before 5am we were there already. We were given seat numbers but surprisingly when we entered the hall we already saw people occupied the supposed seat we had their numbers

We asked our lecturers they assured us that the numbers were given in 2batches so after pastor finish ministering to those first set we will occupy the place and be ministered to.

So pastor came out to heal the first set of people which mainly comprised of people who can stand on their own without an aid, few people on stretchers, about very few people on wheelchairs they all got healed and were rejoicing.

But surprisingly instead of allowing us occupy the seat as promised they call the pastors and some other members to occupy them.

So we began to ask for explanation for the reason things turned out that way, we began to press towards the stage where pastor Chris is, then they called in the ushers to completely block us so camera wouldn't see us at all.

We kept pressing forward till all the pastors who lectured us and promised to put us on healing lines came to join the ushers and pushed us back telling us we can get our miracles anywhere not until pastor minister to Us.

So it wasn't long pastor said he's done with the healing service Everyone shouted because there were still more than people on wheelchairs that hasn't been ministered to with some on stretchers too
So pastor Chris asked us to raise the paper indicating the condition, he prayed and asked us to act with faith. He then prayed on some shawls and asked us to drop a love offering of #5k at least for one.

Everyone tried lifting their loved ones making them do what they couldn't do till pastor walked out of the hall. After about 30min trying to exercise faith each person sat back on their wheel chair and returned home like that after the healing school.

What actually gave me more concern was that one of the pastors blamed it all on us saying we didn't have enough faith that the prayers pastor prayed was enough to heal our loved ones but we refused to Take the healings

*So my questions are*
What exactly is Faith ?
That I left a self contained decent room to sleep in a shop for two weeks isn't faith enough?
And why is it that all the people we meet at the healing school during lectures, with whom we interacted prayed together and encouraged each other. Not even one was healed.

As for me I had just #400 and I was confident cause I already concluded that mom is going to walk today and the #400 will be enough to take us back home as we will go home with public transport not taxify.

*faustrated*
*disappointed*
*depressed*
And *broke*

Still having to push our loved ones with the wheelchair. I have to beg the cab driver that we later used to please come back next week to take the #2k he promised to collect.

I don't really know what all the drama represent but I know there's more to all these show of miracles that we see on television, they are not exactly what we are seeing."

I am Tempted to Laugh but I Refuse to...

I will be very Blunt with you..

Man Cannot Heal ... Its GOD that Heals..

Being Coarsed to pay Money in any guise for Healing, Deliverance and all dt is a SCAM..

Not all That Glitters is GOLD

When you go for prayers, don't look to The Man of GOD , Look to The GOD OF the Man.

I love your Faith... Don't be Discouraged..

I'll Advice you to Take your Mom to The LORDS Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement Headquarters, Ijesha, Lagos..

Don't go with the Mind to meet the Pastor . You may not even see Him. I am so Sure The GOD of CHOSEN will put smiles on your face..

Thursday will be good day to be there. Service starts 6:30am..

5 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by nero2face: 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
so sad, I was in a situation not too different from urs, and and from the whole drama, those that occupied the seats and got healed were all staged, I don't know when I'll see a miracle that will prove beyond reasonable doubt to me...

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Born2Breed(f): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
Sad experience.

KpastorS SEF

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by densiks: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
Too bad,too sad,too unfortunate.

I will love to talk to the OP personally on this issue.

You can reach me @ my email.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by aadoiza: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
The real miracle was the N5k offering, OP. And they say oyakhilome na man of God? when it's obvious he's running a racket. SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by aadoiza: 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
Righteousness89:

I am Tempted to Laugh but I Refuse to...

I will be very Blunt with you..

Man Cannot Heal ... Its GOD that Heals..

Being Coarsed to pay Money in any guise for Healing, Deliverance and all dt is a SCAM..

Not all That Glitters is GOLD

When you go for prayers, don't look to The Man of GOD , Look to The GOD OF the Man.

I love your Faith... Don't be Discouraged..

I'll Advice you to Take your Mom to The LORDS Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement Headquarters, Ijesha, Lagos..

Don't go with the Mind to meet the Pastor . You may not even see Him. I am so Sure The GOD of CHOSEN will put smiles on your face..

Thursday will be good day to be there. Service starts 6:30am..
Don't look to the "man of God" crap is stale. If you truly believe God heals and not all those fake arse pastors, why ask him to again fritter away his limited resources in another racket?
OP, no just fall for any of these ads.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by budaatum: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
Seems to me that your faith was in Oyakhilome and not in God!

It may be hard, but faith in God includes accepting what God portions for one too with hope that God knows best.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by budaatum: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
aadoiza:

Don't look to the "man of God" crap is stale. If you truly believe God heals and not all those fake arse pastors, why ask him to again fritter away his limited resources in another racket?
Many will be contacting op with false promises to further exploit him so I pray he takes your advise.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by budaatum: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
nero2face:
so sad, I was in a situation not too different from urs, and and from the whole drama, those that occupied the seats and got healed were all staged, I don't know when I'll see a miracle that will prove beyond reasonable doubt to me...
When I fell ill, many invited me for healing at their churches but I chose to rely on professionals who had studied their trade and worked in reputable institutions. I was an atheist at the time. The odd thing is those who invited me were ill too and swore by their healers but none of them are healed yet and just keep running from one healer to another. I'm not fully back to how I used to be but God's will for me is that I mentally be able to cope with my situation.

I think the healers tell people to go fish for vulnerable victims like the op that they can exploit. Unfortunately, it is not easy for some to have faith in the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by CAPSLOCKED: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
ANOTHER "MY CHURCH IS BETTER THAN THEIR CHURCH" PARTY.
TO EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN IN THE WORLD, IN HIS HEAD, HIS FAVORITE DENOMINATION IS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS.
HIS FAVORITE MAN OF GOD IS THE ONLY REAL MAN OF GOD, AND THE OTHER MOG'S ARE FAKE, OTHER DENOMINATIONS ARE CONFUSED, AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.

TO MOST OF THESE CHRISTIANS, UNLESS THE MIRACLE IS CONDUCTED BY THEIR FAVORITE PASTOR, OR A RELATED DENOMINATION, IT IS FAKE AND SCRIPTED.

THE REAL TRUTH IS, IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR THOUSANDS OF CONFUSED CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS, COLLECTIVELY, YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF CONFUSED, DELUSIONAL, GULLIBLE FOLKS WHO ARE WASTING THEIR TIME, FEELINGS, AND RESOURCES BELIEVING AND LIVING A LIE.

YOUR MULTIPLE CONFLICTING DENOMINATIONS ALWAYS IN COMPETITION WITH EACH OTHER IS ENOUGH REASON TO SEE THAT THERE'S NO CHRIST INSPIRING THESE DIVISIONS, BUT RATHER... THESE DENOMINATIONS ARE BORN DUE TO MAN'S GREED OF WANTING TO ALSO HAVE A SHARE OF THE NATIONAL CAKE, WHICH IS CHURCH BUSINESS. WHEEW!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by dalaman: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
There's nothing like miracle healing. .
It's all a sham. .

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Righteousness89(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
aadoiza:

[/s]
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by ublight: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
healing is free, it comes without a price. You had faith in your efforts. Jesus wants to heal you, but he wants to do it without your imput, so that you will not say "look at all i had to go through to be healed"

if you want to be healed, just keep saying "Jesus heals me"
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
Most Nigeria mega churches are scams

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
Too bad.
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by BOFREJO(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
dalaman:
There's nothing like miracle healing. . It's all a sham. .
[/s]
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by BOFREJO(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
What a bitter experience! #JESUS HEALS

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Janosky: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
divineappo:
(True Story of a friend)

*So my questions are*
What exactly is Faith ?

*faustrated*
*disappointed*
*depressed*
And *broke*

Sad, very sad you were scammed !
You& your loved ones had no role to play in the well choreographed theatrics & drama sequences. If you no dey the drama crew, nothing for you. It's always in-house job.
If you know you know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by LordReed(m): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
Like someone pointed out, this is a racket. I feel so sad for all the people whose hope is the hook on which they are scammed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Unmhm! Na wa.

If you are looking for healing!
You can always get it from Studying the scripture. Speak the word, believe in it and act it!

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
All scam na scam.

I'm just laughing at you folks.
You really, truly, deeply, sincerely believe that there's a loving father somewhere that's so loving that he would sit down and just start creating people against their wishes or choice in order to put them to test and at the end of the day condemn them to eternal suffering.

You don't even know what is a God.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by budaatum: 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
NoGender:
All scam na scam.

I'm just laughing at you folks.
You really, truly, deeply, sincerely believe that there's a loving father somewhere that's so loving that he would sit down and just start creating people against their wishes or choice in order to put them to test and at the end of the day condemn them to eternal suffering.

You don't even know what is a God.
2 like for you.

But they say when the students are willing the teacher will appear so we wait in anticipation.

It's not as if we haven't asked.
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Amujale(m): 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
All the Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Amujale(m): 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
The Romans manufactured Christianity.

All the Abrahamic religions peddle a false representation of history.
Re: SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church by Amujale(m): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
divineappo:
(True Story of a friend)

*So my questions are*
What exactly is Faith ?

*faustrated*
*disappointed*
*depressed*
And *broke*

Keep your virtuousness, get rid of all the Abrahamic religions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Pregnant Side Chick Confront Pastor In Lagos Church? (video) / Confusing Atheism And Agnosticism / the Sun is actually Heaven! no doubts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.