Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! (2184 Views)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate / Calistus Obi Is Acting NIMASA DG / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Caringpro(f): 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
It is sometimes awesome how things walk out but despite INEC's determined effort to stall Anambra people's voices, events of today showed that Nigeria will definitely far better if we are all alert to our civic responsibilities. Some confirmed reports have it that as at 7PM, Mr. Peter Obi, the Exec Gov. is leading in today's poll. The news is still developing, though,
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2010
Governor Peter Obi has been the greatest culprit in all the shenanigans of today.

Followed by Andy Uba.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2010
Obi leading?

ONLY in your dreamz undecided
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2010
Mark my word Petere Obi will regret it

He will surely come short in the long run because the sympathy which returned him in 2003 he has just lost it.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by themano: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2010
mikeansy, you are a BIG fxxl and a sore loser. Obviously you are not on the ground and not in anambra state. you can migrate to dubai or taiwan when Peter Obi wins. cyber noise maker
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2010
Does anyone have some figures? If it is true that Obi is leading, how did he rig it in real time?
My candidate is Ngige, but I would support the wishes of my people if Obi wins. I would advise all Anambra man/woman to do the same.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by MrCrackles(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2010
Caringpro:

It is sometimes awesome how things walk out but despite INEC's determined effort to stall Anambra people's voices, events of today showed that Nigeria will definitely far better if we are all alert to our civic responsibilities. [b]Some confirmed reports have it that as at 7PM, Mr. Peter Obi, the Exec Gov. is leading in today's pol[/b]l. The news is still developing, though,
Source please
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2010
themano:

mikeansy, you are a BIG fxxl and a sore loser. Obviously you are not on the ground and not in anambra state. you can migrate to dubai or taiwan when Peter Obi wins. cyber noise maker

Really? based on which result?

We will see, time will tell who is the big fool and the sore looser.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2010
Soludo,Ngige ,Obi, In that order

I have spoken
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by otokx(m): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2010
rumuor mongers
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Onlytruth(m): 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Soludo,Ngige ,Obi, In that order

I have spoken

In your State House, Republic of Nirvana! grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by MrCrackles(m): 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

In your State House, Republic of Nirvana! grin grin grin
grin
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2010
Wait and see grin
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by grafikdon: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2010
@Mikeansy, it shouldn't be a surprise if Obi emerges victorious. The candidate's party affiliation comes into play unfortunately, and that has been Soludo's Waterloo right from the beginning. Many people who believe he is a good candidate  have diverted their allegiance to either Obi or Ngige. The question ever since then's been "Why PDP?"

PDP's left a very bitter taste in Anambra and it may take more than Jesus Christ to make that bitterness go away (PDP anyuona nsi n'uno Uka).

I understand the need for individual assessment but unfortunately, the candidate's party counts and once your party is PDP in Anambra, you have a tenacious stigma to scrub out. After all said and done, I predict a resounding victory by Obi, followed closely by Ngige. Soludo will not even come close and everyone knows only irredeemable imbeciles actually support Andy Uba.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by themano: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2010
@mikeansy
http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5064-pdp-in-desperate-bid-to-rig-anambra-as-ballot-boxes-are-snatched-and-other-snags-mar-anambra-polls.html

Peter fogged soludo in his home town, and his local government. everyone in anambra state now know this. This contest is now strictly between Peter obi and ngige.  Yes a lot of people didnt vote (my old man and brother couldnt vote even with valid cards) but those that voted (including me!!!!) voted right. By the way where are you asking this question from? Dubai? So you dont know that results are announced at each polling booth after ballots are counted.
Even NTA showed live result counting at awka north ward 5 booth 005.
Results

APGA - 37
PDP - 35 (the AC agent openly said PDP were paying people to vote for them!)
AC - 22

we wait and see
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by asha80(m): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2010
grafikdon:

@Mikeansy, it shouldn't be a surprise if Obi emerges victorious. The candidate's party affiliation comes into play unfortunately, and that has been Soludo's Waterloo right from the beginning. Many people who believe he is a good candidate have diverted their allegiance to either Obi or Ngige. The question ever since then's been "Why PDP?"

PDP's left a very bitter taste in Anambra and it may take more than Jesus Christ to make that bitterness go away (PDP anyuona nsi n'uno Uka).

I understand the need for individual assessment but unfortunately, the candidate's party counts and once your party is PDP in Anambra, you have a tenacious stigma to scrub out. After all said and done, I predict a resounding victory by Obi, followed closely by Ngige. Soludo will not even come close and[b] everyone knows only irredeemable imbeciles actually support Andy Uba.[/b]

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2010
grafikdon:

@Mikeansy, it shouldn't be a surprise if Obi emerges victorious. The candidate's party affiliation comes into play unfortunately, and that has been Soludo's Waterloo right from the beginning. Many people who believe he is a good candidate  have diverted their allegiance to either Obi or Ngige. The question ever since then's been "Why PDP?"

I understand the need for individual assessment but unfortunately, the candidate's party counts and once your party is PDP in Anambra, you have a tenacious stigma to scrub out. After all said and done, I predict a resounding victory by Obi, followed closely by Ngige. Soludo will not even come close and everyone knows only irredeemable imbeciles actually support Andy Uba.

Most registered voters are PDP card carrying members. If you have a situation where people can't find there names on the register and as such unable to vote, common logic tells us who has been shut out most from the process. Anambra is one out of 36 states in Nigeria. Those who celebrate Peter Obi's shenanigans should get ready to cry in 2011. because the message to PDP here is that other parties are willing and ready to fill the void of rigging if you do not rig.

Let us remember that we played a part in encouraging and sowing the seed of discord. PDP is still the most popular party in the South East for all its shortcomings. Soludo did not join any wrong party.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by themano: 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
@mikeansy,
many registered voters are not PDP members .who dash monkey banana.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php

Arthur Eze is busy rigging at Ukpo, smashing Pressmen camera. Idu Emeka is busy rigging at Onitsha, unleashing thugs everywhere.

Mikeansy, where are you yaking all these from? Taiwan?
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by sjeezy8: 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2010
If Obi dude wins hmmmm I dont see anything happening well(or small tings) for Anambra just the govt frustrating developments in that state.

The same reason why Ohakim Decamped to PDP.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by las240s(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2010
i believe it will be easier for obi to parpetriate anything since he's the incubent and also a candidate
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2010
sjeezy8:

If Obi dude wins hmmmm I dont see anything happening well for Anambra just the govt frustrating developments in that state.

The same reason why Ohakim Decamped to PDP.

And you think imo state is benefitting  
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by sjeezy8: 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2010
asha 80:

And you think imo state is benefitting

If Imo is not moving forward its the Govenor, but things in generally run smoother if a state joins the pdp party or has an allaince with the presido.
Its what the govenor does with the money hes given.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by grafikdon: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2010
mikeansy:

Most registered voters are PDP card carrying members. If you have a situation where people can't find there names on the register and as such unable to vote, common logic tells us who has been shut out most from the process. Anambra is one out of 36 states in Nigeria. Those who celebrate Peter Obi's shenanigans should get ready to cry in 2011. because the message to PDP here is that other parties are willing and ready to fill the void of rigging if you do not rig.

Let us remember that we played a part in encouraging and sowing the seed of discord. PDP is still the most popular party in the South East for all its shortcomings. Soludo did not join any wrong party.

The bolded is open for debate. However, the people shut out from the polls cut across party lines. I have been making calls the whole day from Awka to Isuofia and Ekwulobia, Agulu, Nanka , Uga, Oko and Amawbia. Majority of the people think the whole exercise is ridiculous and glaringly dubious since their names miraculously disappeared from the register. Majority of these people went to the polls to cast their vote for either Obi, Ngige or Soludo in that order (60% for Obi, 35% for Ngige and 5% for Soludo).

While this may not be the accurate representation of the voting pattern, it is enough proof to refute your stance that the  ''Miracle of the register" may be a conspiracy against Soludo. Come to think of it, most of the fraudulent electoral malpractice have been linked to PDP and LP.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Onlytruth(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
Some pictures from Vanguard

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Onlytruth(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2010
Obi's early lead.

Awka – Some Polling booth results released after Saturday’’s governorship election in Anambra State indicated that Governor Peter Obi of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA was leading in most of the local government areas even as other opposition parties including the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and the Labour Party candidates continued to lament what they described as the poor conduct of the election by INEC.

Results declared at the end of voting in Anaocha, Nnewi North, Nnewi South and Aguata council areas showed that the incumbent governor was comfortably placed as his supporters went into jubilation. INEC had in its guideline for the election authorized the declaration of winners at every polling booth as part of measures to check rigging.

While leaders of PDP and other opposition parties were complaining about the poor conduct of the election, the leader of APGA and Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu showered praises on electoral body and security agencies for the peaceful conduct of the exercise.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/06/breaking-news-anambra-poll-obi-in-early-lead/
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by satysaca: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
Up PETER OBI .Congratulations !!! Ngige we love you but Peter is the winner as  everybody likes you if there is away we can have 2 governors OBI and NGIGE must be Governors.No other contenders as PDP is useless party nobody supports them here in the East.Soludo SOILS his integrity by Joining the PEOPLE DESTROYING PEOPLE.He should decamp tonite for him to earn respect for IBOS.PDP were paying people and dolling out money openly for pple to vote for them and some took the money and voted for PETER and NGIGE while some voted for them.CONGRATS to PETER OBI and NGIGE>we love you Both.NGIGE PLease allow him to finish his 8yrs then you will come and govern Anambra for 8yrs People love you as you did a marvelous Box.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by texazzpete(m): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2010
@Mikeansy
Since this whole saga started, you've been effusive in your praise for the PDP and past parasitic godfathers like Anenih and Emeka Offor.
No matter how this election goes down, you have taken a shameful stand indeed, and it's becoming clear that you have more than a passing interest in Soludo winning the elections.
I mean, you're here spouting PDP propaganda that even the official PDP spokesman would struggle to match  grin
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by texazzpete(m): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2010
Hmm, don't know where you people get your news from, but it seems that PDP's getting a whole lot of second place finishes, with AC and APGA alternating between first and third. Apparently the gameplan is for PDP to win in the overall total count.

234Next reports a massive amount of rigging. A reporter friend of mine on ground in Anambra insists that contrary to mikeansy's propaganda, the PDP has been neck deep in the rigging.

Soludo's PDP may sneak in, after all. We'll know, soon enough.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by trueword: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2010
soludo being an economist would have been a good choice for a state looking to quicly develop, but because he joined with PDP I can't trust that if he won he would deliver. You know the hawks in PDP camp will be looking for him to compensate them dearly if he wins.

I don't know how Obi has been doin. Has he been delivering?

I hope that all attempts of rigging were caught and that for once the voice of the nigerian people would be heard on an election.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by McKren(m): 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2010
LOOKS TO ME LIKE THERE WILL HAVE TO BE A RUN OFF BETWEEN PETER OBI, NGIGE, SOLUDO

***Nimo - APGA, Umunnachi - AC, Umudioka - AC, Ukpo - PDP, Awka South - trending APGA, Awka North - trending APGA

***Obuba villagesquare, Nkpor Ward 2 (3booths) AC wins (14votes), APGA 2nd, LP 3rd, PPA 4th with one a vote

***GRA Onitsha Ward I - APGA-25, AC-8, PDP-5, LP-4, HDP-1

***Uga Ward II (14 polling booths). Son of the soil Uba wins hands down, no voting @ unit 9, no materials. APGA 2nd, PDP 3rd

***Dunukofia LG, Ukpo Ward III, Unit 003 [Ebeogidi Square] PDP (15), AC (3), LP (2), PPA (0), APGA (1)

***Dunukofia LG, Ukpo Ward III, Unit 002 [Obinagu Akpu] PDP (91), AC (38), LP (0), PPA (2), APGA (20)

*** Dunukofia LG, Ukpo Ward III, Unit 002 [Obinagu Akpu] PDP (91), AC (38), LP (0), PPA (2), APGA (20)

*** Ogbunike Ward I (Ukalo, Umueri, and Ifite) AC wins, PDP 2nd. Ward II (Osile) AC wins

***Amawbia - St. Peter's Anglican church Ngige wins: AC-90, APGA-89, PDP-56

***Ngige wins at Umuchigbo village @ Umudioka, Dunukofia LGA. AC wins are beginning to look like the trend statewide

***Ogbunike Ward I (Ukalo, Umueri, and Ifite) AC wins, PDP 2nd. Ward II (Osile) AC wins

***APGA wins Fegge Ward I with 54votes, AC 2nd with 17votes. APGA also wins the 4 surrounding wards collated at Ward I

***Ngige wins at Nkolofia village, Awka-Etiti Ward I, Idemili South LGA
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by Kadejo(m): 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2010
weather u like it or not, is either GOV OBI or ANDY UBA wins. for sOLudo, hs reign wil b in is father>s house.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Is Leading Despite Inec's Gimmicks! by grafikdon: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2010
texazzpete:

Hmm, don't know where you people get your news from, but it seems that PDP's getting a whole lot of second place finishes, with AC and APGA alternating between first and third. Apparently the gameplan is for PDP to win in the overall total count.

234Next reports a massive amount of rigging. A reporter friend of mine on ground in Anambra insists that contrary to mikeansy's propaganda, the PDP has been neck deep in the rigging.

Soludo's PDP may sneak in, after all. We'll know, soon enough.

PDP and LP are responsible for most of the rigging, according to very reliable sources on ground.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. / The Aba Time Bomb / Enugu Govt. Approves N271m For Hospital Renovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.