Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. (1071 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. by TeemahShawai: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2017
Hello Nairalanders.
I am new here and I am a novice bookwright. I have two published books on wattpad; Rays of love which is completed and Endless summer which is ongoing. I want to share my books here with you. Don't hesitate to comment your views on my books. Thank you and Enjoy!

RAYS OF LOVE�
SYNOPSIS
Somewhere in the renown Abuja city lies the eminent Rayville American University owned by the multibillonaire tycoon, Hassan Shashi. The school was attended by the upper crusts and the old money, heirs and heiresses of successful enterprises and princes and princesses from prominent kingdoms.

In this monumental school of elites lived a beautiful, brilliant, bubbly and self-esteemed young lady from a middle class family. She was the first and only scholarship student in Rayville.

With all the animosity from the rich kids and the not so good encounters with the egocentric and narcissistic heir of Rayville, Ammar Hassan Shashi, she strove to find Friendship, Happiness, Success and above all Love❤

CHAPTER 1: Meet the Ahmad's�
Fatima's P.O.V
I could feel the sunbeam on my face which only meant Ammi is here to wake me up again for the third time this morning. I don't know how the idea of disclosing my curtains came to her, but she succeeded in doing that.

Mission accomplished Ammi. *I grumbled trying to sit up.

OMG, I am so proud of myself right now. My cerebrum did a pretty good job here. *Ammi clapped her hands in excitement.

Bravo Ammi, Bravo. *I clapped my hands as well.

You little brat, come here. *She beamed enveloping me in a bear hug.

The hugging session lasted for a while before we let go.

Good morning Abba's queen and Fatima's first and last love. *I greeted with a smile plastered on my lips.

Morning my princess. How was your night?

It was good Alhamdulillah.

That's great. Wait, are you even missing us already? *Ammi shot me a death glare.

Of course not. I don't even think I will do that in the future. *I shook my head and my index finger.

Awwsshhh that hurts. Your Abba and I couldn't sleep well for the past few days because we are already missing our little princess. Guess she doesn't feel the same. *Ammi held her hands close to her chest and looked away.

You didn't believe that, did you? That was probably the most stupid joke I ever made. *I chuckled wrapping my hands around her neck.

Silly girl. *Ammi grinned pinching me softly on my cheek.

How will I not miss the best gifts God gave to me? You know I love you all more than I love my life. Don't think about it too much mom, your princess will be just fine. Besides, your two other honeybunches will be graduating high school soon.

I love you. *Ammi smiled.

I love you more Queen. *I gave her a peck.

Come down for breakfast. *She said as she walked towards the door of my room.

I stood by the window, the cool breeze blowing my long dark hair. I closed my large hazel brown eyes, my long straight eyelashes touching my skin. My cute small mouth curved into a cute little smile. I took a deep breath in and then out as I reminisce the beautiful moments I spent with my family.

Abba- Architect Ahmad Sulaiman, is a 45yr old family man. His parents Alhaji sulaiman and Hajiya Fatima (whom I was named after) were fulani's (A tribe) from Adamawa. He lives in Kaduna with his family. As a son, father and husband, his struggles were endless because he was always providing not just his family's needs but also their wants.

Ammi- Hajiya Zainab, is a 36yr old house wife. Her parents Alhaji Babba and Hajiya Aisha were shuwa arabs (A tribe) from Maiduguri. As a daughter, mother and wife, she upholds her duties without botch. She became an icon and a role model to all her 3 children.

The twins- Minal and Manal are 16yr old high school students. They are the exact lookalike of Abba. They were attending a boarding school.

Fatima- An 18yr old high school graduate. She is the first child of Architect Ahmad and Hajiya Zainab. She is the exact definition of beauty and brain. Representing her state in a national competition and coming home with a trophy, she got herself a scholarship into the prestigious Rayville American University.

I tied my hair into a bun and advanced into the bathroom to give my body a quick scrub. I slipped into a black and pink atamfa gown keeping my face natural. We had chips and yam balls for breakfast. It was so appetizing. Why wouldn't it? It was cooked by the best chef in the world afterall. My Ammi, my everything. My Abba had something urgent to do in his office, so he left early. I was so crestfallen that I couldn't see him.

Your dad called just now, he said we should meet him in Hajiya's house. You know you are leaving for school tomorrow. *Ammi informed.

Oh my sweet granny, I can't wait to see her. *I yelped with delight.

I had fun at my grandmom's place, she teased me all day. She was like the best grandmom on earth. Abba catched up with us there, I was so happy to see my king. He dropped mom and I in Aunty Khadija's house. Aunty khadija is my mom's bestfriend and her daughter Husna is also my alter ego. We had a little chitchat before dad called us out to leave. It was a busy and amazing day all at once.

Next day,
I woke up early to get myself ready for the journey from Kaduna to Abuja where my new school was located. Ammi arranged my boxes because I was not really good at packing my stuffs. I always end up forgetting something.

Tears came dripping down my face as Abba and I were leaving. I am going to miss everyone, Ammi, Abba, my twin sisters, husna, grandmom.Just everyone and everything. .

I hugged my mom so tight that she almost couldn't breath;
I will miss you Ammi.

I will miss you more princess, please take care of yourself. *She said trying to be strong but I know she was emotionally drained.

I will Ammi. *I said getting into the car and at the same time wiping the doleful tears that were still dripping.

The three hours drive to my school brimmed with Abba's propitious words of advice. We arrived in no time, to the eminent Rayville. The school was vast with so many breathtakingly beautiful buildings.

It looked like those kind of noble schools I see in movies. The place was filled with flashy cars and flamboyantly dressed humans. You wouldn't want to know how cheap I was looking, would you? It's not really suprising though, because this place is Rayville. The school attended by heirs and heiresses, Princes and Princesses. You have to be super rich to attend such a school. But being the first scholarship student in Rayville doesn't sound so bad.

Abba drove me to the students affairs building where I'm getting the key to my room because all registration was already done online. The rule was clearly written that only students could walk into the huge wooden door of the building so Abba hugged me and bid me farewell.

Take care of yourself princess, we will talk later.

Okay Abba, safe journey. I will miss you. *I said, tears running down my cheeks.

I will miss you more my princess, don't cry and be a good girl.

I stood there staring at my Abba's EOD as he drove out of the school until it was out of sight.

I sighed,

Welcome to Rayville Ammi's princess, I said to myself as I proceeded into the building.
End of chapter!
Re: RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. by Ralupresh(f): 10:38am On Jul 24, 2017
interesting...
lemme pitch my tent here...waiting for more
Re: RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. by abefe99: 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
this is going to be interesting more update God bless u
Re: RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. by Akazeta(f): 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
I like ur syntax plus the plot of the story(north). Please more update am super uber eager to continue the story
Re: RAYS OF LOVE� By Teemah Shawai. by Akazeta(f): 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
waiting

(1) (Reply)

Producer Felix Michael Onu / Psychopath 70+ – Part 1 / If After A Month The Isolated Coronal Virus Victims Turn Into Zombies What Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.