Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) (25055 Views)

NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April / NERC: Nigerians To Pay N36,000 And N67,000 For Electricity Meters / We Are No Longer Responsible For Electricity Meters - Discos Tell Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by MirJay: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
h
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by jauntty: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2017
APC scam
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by mandategroup: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ikeja Elecricity Distribution Company (Igbogbo business office) has kept HARMONY / LFI Estate in Bayeku, Ikorodu Lagos in absolute darkness for over 4 months now. The officials from Igbogbo business office took the transformer for repairs and it has not been returned. Several corresponse to the ekectricity company has not yielded any result. The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of IEDC, Mr. Anthony Youdeowei, should please intervene.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by XX01(f): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
It is a reduction for those in Lagos. Look at the tariffs properly. Both Ikeja and Eko disco will reduce their tariff.

Dancing alata.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by HAH: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
The reason being given by nerc was same reason given last year when unit became N26, Fashola said once the tariff is increased we will have stable power they increased but no any serious increase infact now it is worse than before and they are giving same reason as last year to increase the tariff again.

The level at which fashola defends discos I am now believing that he is the owner of one of the Lagos discos as it was sold when he was the governor.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by SalamRushdie: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
nextprince:
If this will guarantee 22hr supply, I don't have problem with that.

That is 0ver 1000% better than gen and if there is anything I hate die, e be like na power failure.

Abeg make d light yakpa first, Nigerians go pay.

Recieve sense jare

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by pennyland(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
before the end of this baba buhari government I don't know how expensive sachets water will be sold not to mention of different varieties bills
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by biggy26: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
APC- All Prosperity Canceled. All the money that Nigerians saved they want to drain in all ways possible. I hail!
Thank God my economy is not of this world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Ijaya123: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Second increase by the devil called Fashola in just over a year and yet electricity supply has reduced to a paltry 3 hours a day ...From today it's shall never be well with anyone planning to inflict more pains on Nigerians , it shall never again be well with the health of any person in the power ministry pushing for tariff increase in these times ..

I'm totally against this increase in tariff but then, stop misinforming the public about Fashola. And why calling him devil? Is he the person calling for the increase in tariff? Instead of you to focus your displeasure towards the Discos which are private owned now and demand better service delivery.

For your information, the last increase was carried out before Fashola was even nominated as a minister, go check your records very well.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by carbon1224(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
Let them provide us with prepaid meters and the increase won't be nothing.estimated will customers without !eter on each this in reament is done.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Second increase by the devil called Fashola in just over a year and yet electricity supply has reduced to a paltry 3 hours a day ...From today it's shall never be well with anyone planning to inflict more pains on Nigerians , it shall never again be well with the health of any person in the power ministry pushing for tariff increase in these times ..

Not the power ministry's fault.

power is now privatized, and we still have to find $300bn to fix everything.

It's our pockets.....or a big fat IMF Loan. Even oil going up again won't help.

When GEJ and the Senate were calling NIgerians to come and register their objections to privatization, we kept our mouths shut. Now...see where we are.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by HAH: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ijaya123:

I'm totally against this increase in tariff but then, stop misinforming the public about Fashola. And why calling him devil? Is he the person calling for the increase in tariff? Instead of you to focus your displeasure towards the Discos which are private owned now and demand better service delivery.

For your information, the last increase was carried out before Fashola was even nominated as a minister, go check your records very well.

Peace.
the last increase was done february 2016, who was the minister then? And from his stance so far I believe the allegation that he is the owner or part owner of one of the Lagos discos afterall it was sold when he was the governor
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
jjjjj2017:
Enjoy your chanji

Brought to you by GEJ Introducing privatization.

Even the laws allowing DISCOS to increase fees. Passed in 2014....long before Fashola even thought about becoming MIni-star.

YOu guys should have talked back in 2014...when Senate held an OPEN committee calling NIgerians to come and say whether they wanted privatisation or not.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by AngelicBeing: 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Keneking:
APC must now go
Yes but before they go, they should all be flogged with koboko laden with acid on their butt, useless politicians, useless government, nonsense, where is my cane to start flogging them angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
obonujoker:
Mhen..... this APC govt eh

NOpe....blame PDP for privatizing Power...which means that govt does not pay a kobo in funding for power since mid 2014.....and blame banks for refusing to lend to DISCOS and GENCOS.

apc govt can do nothing...save re-nationalization....which means paying billions in compensation to DISCO and GENCO owners.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by wirinet(m): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
it is very annoying NEPA or Discos are always talking about increases in electricity tarrif without talking about providing meters. I feel really annoyed that Fashola and the Government is allowing these Discos scam Nigerians. I have been having a running battle with Eko Distibution Company for over two years regarding one of my shop. They bring overestimated bill of 10,000 to 15,000 naira monthly despite my spending over 10,000 every week on petrol, because there is hardly any light. They told me i will be metered soon, two years ago. Up till now the meter is not in sight.

I am so frustrated that i am thinking of going solar, the only problem is i do not have the money right now. Solar has become cheaper than NEPA + Generator over a 0ne and a half year period. A N1,000,000 system (Solar, Inverter, battery) providing an average of 10kwh per day is enough to run most offices.

Nigerians shout start calling NEPA's bluff and go solar.

Imagine what will happen if government removes import tariff on Solar and alternative energy equipments, DIscos, Fuel sellers and Generator sellers would go out of business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Originality007: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Second increase by the devil called Fashola in just over a year and yet electricity supply has reduced to a paltry[b] 3 hours a day[/b] ...From today it's shall never be well with anyone planning to inflict more pains on Nigerians , it shall never again be well with the health of any person in the power ministry pushing for tariff increase in these times ..

dudu are u staying Akure? cos that is what is happening there. 3hrs in a day, very terrible
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nackzy: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
APC can be compared to a whited sepulchre ...outwardly they appear beautiful ..inside its full of dead mens bone
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by SalamRushdie: 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ijaya123:

Peace.

If you know Fashola well you will know he is the chief architect of this diabolical increase ..Do you notice he has refused to be vocal about the distribution of meters but has time to be calling town meetings for the increase of electricity tariffs the same way he did over 13 months ago when he increased it to 26 naira without result as he promised ..Any increase without 90 percent distribution of prepaid metres would amount to the old system of selling darkness again but this time at 33 naira per hour of darkness ..Oh boy please use Ur head oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
Kobicove:
So Nigerians are being compelled to pay for inefficiency? undecided

NO, wise guy. wink

The thing is....the last govt realized that they did not have the money to guarantee light 24/7....especially when the bill came in and amounted to $300bn (ten times our external revenue).

SO, privatization was conceived....with the idea that it would work like the GSM thing did.

Sadly....the banks and the recession refused to play nice.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by SalamRushdie: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
Originality007:

dudu are u staying Akure? cos that is what is happening there. 3hrs in a day, very terrible

I stay in Lagos and I swear we get just 3 hours a day
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Ijaya123: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
HAH:
the last increase was done february 2016, who was the minister then? And from his stance so far I believe the allegation that he is the owner or part owner of one of the Lagos discos afterall it was sold when he was the governor

The increase was announced in October 2015 to take effect after 3 months. Your allegation is without proof hence, inconsequential. Lots of shallow-minded fellow are making allegation on Nairaland without evidence to back it up.

Cut the guy some slack.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by wirinet(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
Nackzy:
APC can be compared to a whited sepulchre ...outwardly they appear beautiful ..inside its full of dead mens bone

It annoys when you people reduce it to APC affair. The power situation in Nigeria had been comatose before the birth of APC. PDP in its 16 years of Power did not do anything in the power sector. The military did not do anything in power. APC is also failing like all others before it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
thunderbabs:
The nXt time y'all hear change, you bolt.

Buhari has dented the good image of APC.....Itz certain, they will go down at the Federal level and some poor performing states undecided

DISCOS and GENCOS were brought in by PDP.

And the price increases were codified in law in 2014.

And DISCOS and GENCOS have to raise prices...because...they are companies who have to make a profit.

Sorry....but blaming APC for PDP's mistakes (not that privatisation was a mistake....I think it was a good idea) is not right.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:

If you know Fashola well you will know he is the chief architect of this diabolical increase ..Do you notice he has refused to be vocal about the distribution of meters but has time to be calling town meetings for the increase of electricity tariffs the same way he did over 13 months ago when he increased it to 26 naira without result as he promised ..Any increase without 90 percent distribution of prepaid metres would amount to the old system of selling darkness again but this time at 33 naira per hour of darkness ..Oh boy please use Ur head oooo

Prepaid meters don't make much of a profit for DISCOS....and even if they gave us all prepaid meteres.....they still HAVE to icnrease bills...to get the money to take us up to 24/7 light.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Nackzy: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
wirinet:

It annoys when you people reduce it to APC affair. The power situation in Nigeria had been comatose before the birth of APC. PDP in its 16 years of Power did not do anything in the power sector. The military did not do anything in power. APC is also failing like all others before it.
U have a point sha...Personally I hoped so much on them was thinking they will right the wrongs of those criminals..
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by otokx(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
What of those whose transformer is bad?
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by KaptainAfrika: 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
We are not paying for light but for darkness.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by wirinet(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
9jakohai:

Prepaid meters don't make much of a profit for DISCOS....and even if they gave us all prepaid meteres.....they still HAVE to icnrease bills...to get the money to take us up to 24/7 light.

No one is quarreling with increasing the rates, if they like they can increase the rate to N100/kwh, what people are complaining about is estimate billing and hence estimated increases in bills. You are mandated to pay whether you use their services or not. How can you legally justify billing someone for services not rendered.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by Ijaya123: 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:

He was not even nominated as a minister when the tariff increament was announced in October 2015. Go check you record.

The same Fashola that directed consumers to stop paying for estimated billings until they are metered? Don't let hatred becloud your sense of judgement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by SalamRushdie: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ijaya123:

He was not even nominated as a minister when the tariff increament was announced in October 2015. Go check you record.

The same Fashola that directed consumers to stop paying for estimated billings until they are metered? Don't let hatred becloud your sense of judgement.

I am sure you don't pay PHCN bills if not you will know he was the one that begged Nigerians to accept the new increase just a week after petrol was increased ..I pay electricity bills so I know when there is an increase and under who it was increased ..Don't come here and try to change the narrative
Re: Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) by SalamRushdie: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
9jakohai:

RIP intelligence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kukah To Buhari: You’re Leaving Nigerians Far More Worse Than You Met Them / PDP Govs, NWC, BoT, Others To Protest Tinubu’s Victory Today / Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.