Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City (22061 Views)

‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC / Man Who Hypnotised His Girlfriend For Ritual Caught & Stripped Unclad (Photos) / Hypnotised Girl, 17, Gives Parents’ N90,000 To Fraudsters (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by oshe11: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Are you sure you really live in Benin City?

A correct Benin person won't slack like this.
Because rule Number 1 you are taught when growing up in Benin City is,

"Don't talk to strangers, because they are gbomo-gbomo".

But you did not just talk to one stranger, you had a conversation with two!
But I don't think it's God who saved you, I think they just let you go because they saw you'd probably produce counterfeits and coins if used for money rituals.
my broda, luv ya neighbour as yasef, today nah sunday grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Josh44s(m): 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nbote:
That's how jus last week a friends cousin went to wetheral road Owerri and was found 4days later in akwa ibom with no idea how he ended up there....

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Nwatiti24(f): 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2018
I hv had encounter with them before. they don't kill what they do is hypnotize u n make u get every kobo in ur house for them, then uf eyes wl clear. they usually get greedy people cos when they tell u they hv gold or goods u join them. then dey don get u

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Alejoc(m): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
This is serious..... Caution must be taken
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by coalcoal1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
GOOD
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Mypeople2(m): 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
TMTR:
The following happened yesterday being Sunday...

I and my mom went out to New Benin yesterday, On getting to ring road I dropped her off because she wanted to see someone in aruosa street around sakponba road. Immediately she left me, a guy approached me (he was very dark in complexion with black lips and red eyes probably gotten as a result of too much smoking). He said that he is from auchi and he was looking for Dr ujah herbal Centre which he said delivers pregnant women. I have never heard of him so I told him I don't know, as I was about to leave him, he now asked where we were, I told him ring road and all that, as we were talking, a guy walked past us(which I believe to be his accomplice). He now told me to help him ask the guy if he knows the place, which I did, the second said yes he knows the place and that it's along mission road and he said the man was the one who treated his brother when he broke his leg.

The second guy now asked the first one why he was looking for the Dr ujah herbal Centre. The first guy now said that he he works in where they sell wood in auchi and that a big wood fell on a python and Killed it which made the snake vomit a golden egg abi na diamond he talk, I can't really remember. (He made an attempt to bring something out from his cloth which I didn't see) And that a woman offered to buy it for 460k but he refused to sell, that's why he is looking for the Dr ujah Herbal cantre. (Please note that while While all this was going on, I was in their middle and my mom tried calling me on my phone which I held on my right hand because she saw what was going on from afar. Can you believe that I didn't hear my phone ring nor feel the vibration)..
The second guy now smiled and said;

"your luck don shine today o, oya thank this bros" which the first guy did, immediately he thanked me, I felt a sharp pain in my head like a migraine headache( I just can't explain it) and I felt like I wanted to faint. Immediately I regained myself and realized that I was in the middle of two strangers, and I sensed that something was fishy.

I just told them that I had somewhere going and I left them. My mum called after answering the call, I saw her missed call which came in while I was with those guys. I realised that I was almost hypnotised but my jehovah God pass them..

As I was heading towards new Benin, I kept wondering what would have happened if they succeeded. Maybe they would have went away with my valuables or better still use me for ritual. Thank Jehovah God for saving me even through I am a sinner.

And to think that my mum always warns me to avoid talking to strangers because of things like this, but I always brushed it off that she worry too much. Well this experience has made me to start taking her advice seriously..
Thank God for your life. But you like "aproko"too o. Wetin concern you with their nonsense Dr gist? You would have walked away long ago.Women! Una too like story
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by ipobarecriminals: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
sad 2017?
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by smasher1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
Quickjobs:
Since 2017....all this mods self

The mods must be high on something. Although, the moral of the lesson /story is still applicable today. We all need to be sound in mind and vigilant, because the days are wicked

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by campbelljosh(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
No matter what your talk is all about I will never answer you on the street of Lagos,no matter how interesting the conversation going on in the commercial vehicle I board "Pim" I will never say to it.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Larryslim(m): 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
b3llo:
This thread was created since July, 2017. And it got to front page in June 2018, that's like almost a year. Your problems that seems to have been forgotten will surely be remembered today, IJN. If you believe click “Like"
Amen o!

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Paulfroshman: 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
This Happened to me last week Wednesday in Lagos, I didn't really understand until now when I read this post. I give thanks to God Because I also developed headache while talking to the two guys that approached me where one was saying he wanted to do appendix and that I should describe a place for him, later another join and said the drug he was holding was upto #500,000 and that we should help him because if he keeps asking, they will collect it from him.
I told the guy that I was sent on an errand and he also said he was sent on an errand also but we should just help him, that was when I realized he was playing a game and immediately I left him. All thanks To God

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by charmingfrank(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But I don't think it's God who saved you, I think they just let you go because they saw you'd probably produce counterfeits and coins if used for money rituals.
correct guy, he be like say na 9ja college u go or the then ICC
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Larryslim(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
A thread from July 2017 made FP in June 2018
Lesson: Do not lose hope,you'll still get there,it's just time!

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Ihateyoumod: 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
So person tell u say word fall on snake, d snake vomit diamond....and u stay dey listen..... U no wise at all

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by smasher1(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
yeyerolling:
Lame. 2008 they tried same on me. Am from gabon format i hv goods. Na greedy pple dey fall

I almost fell for the same story at Ogba, Lagos state. What saved me was a man across the street waving me not to follow them. May God continued to save us and may we not be greedy.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
Wow. Pretty interesting.

Reminds me of what happened to me about 4 years ago or so. Hypnotism is real, and there's no magic involved. The movie "now you see me" might have exaggerated how easy hypnotism is (or maybe not) but what I do know is that hypnotism can be carried out by visual or audio methods.

I was on my way back from school, a fresher going from Ado Ekiti to Lagos for the first time so I was figuring it all out for the first time. To make things worse, my pops needed me to help him pick up a package at OAU in Osun so I was heading there first. Mine was similar to yours, one guy came to me and told me there's one small product they always advertise on TV on Thursday nights and then he showed me something kind of tiny, I don't know if that was the moment I got hypnotized but I looked at it for s few seconds. Then he was talking about how its worth 500k and he wants to sell it at a hospital but that they might not trust him, and I look like a "man of God". A bikeman came and the first stranger asked him if he knew about the product (I suspect that was his accomplice too) and the bikeman said yes! Then he kept encouraging me to follow them to the hospital to sell it. Maybe I wasn't fully hypnotised because I wanted to ask one old woman in a shop right beside us if she knew about the product, but immediately I turned to talk to her the first man screamed at me not to tell anyone about it or else they'd collect it from him. Then he said if he sold it for N500k he'd give me N5k as commission. I was actually getting on the bike to follow them to the hospital. . .idk what happened that I suddenly came back to my senses.

What was weird was that I even stopped to listen to their bullshit and was considering following them to the hospital. I swear I wasn't fully in control of my mind at that moment lol. And all through the time he was talking to me, it kind of seemed like everyone else walking on the street didn't really matter.

As soon as I came back to ny senses I kept on walking (really fast) and didn't stop until I couldn't see them again. That has to be one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had in my life. I doubt I even gave the full details of what happened because it was a fuzzy memory after I left them.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by solara: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
obembet:
When I was in School, I used to ask a lot of questions. .....!
One day, I asked my English Teacher, "Why do we ignore some letters in pronunciation eg. the letter H .......in Hour, Honour. .....etc. ......
My English Teacher said, " We are not ignoring them; they're considered silent ".......
(I was even more confused .....??)
During the lunch break, my Teacher gave me her packed lunch and asked me to heat it in the Cafeteria.
I ate all the food and returned her the empty container. ....!!!!!!!
My English Teacher : What happened? I told you to go and HEAT my food, you are returning me an empty container.
I replied, "Madam, I thought 'H' was silent.

Dedicated to all English Teachers.

Happy first Sunday to you pals.

You must be a Yoruba man
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by ashala(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
Nbote:
That's how jus last week a friends cousin went to wetheral road Owerri and was found 4days later in akwa ibom with no idea how he ended up there....

It is very rampant in Owerri now. My colleague entered a taxi in Owerri and while they were going, they got to a traffic and one of the occupants bought a satchet of pure water from a little boy hawking water and gave him N20. The boy didn't have change so the man said he won't leave N10 for the little boy and asked my colleague if he wants to drink . When he answered in the affirmative, the man collected the water and gave him.
Can you believe that after 2 minutes of my colleague finishing the water, he started feeling dizzy and subsequently lost consciousness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by chygoz3(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2018
On two occasions in Lagos, people have tried it on me. Both failed of course. They always try to play on your greed and work in twos. The first one asked for directions to a certain hospital where he wanted to sell a certain expensive device which is used to treat one illness I can't remember. The second one claimed to be from a neighbouring country and had dollars to change and was willing to give me a huge amount of it if I directed him on where to do so. On both occasions, there was a third party who tried to convince me to assist and then share the money amongst ourselves. I just told them I wasn't interested and they should ask someone else and then left them.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Cindy95(f): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
grin
my girlfriend that entered a bus heading to nnamdi Azikiwe university awka from igbariam (Anambra state university) and found herself along ikoyi road in Lagos with all her luggage missing...
wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by misano(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
I met someone like this in Asaba. The guy said he was from Benin Republic and couldn't speak Pigin English. I had to help him locate a street and then I met his partner. I noticed something wasn't right when the guys accent started changing.

He started talking like an Igbo man at some point. I disgraced him by adding some local Nigerian slang like 'shay', 'abi' and he understood well.

Him no smart reach for me.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by doctokwus: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
Ihateyoumod:
So person tell u say word fall on snake, d snake vomit diamond....and u stay dey listen..... U no wise at all
At all.Chi chi sense he no get.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
smasher1:

I almost fell for the same story at Ogba, Lagos state. What saved me was a man across the street waving me not to follow them. May God continued to save us and may we not be greedy.
dey wud have duped u of all u had and also go home to get more money. The bus i was to take to my house was 10 mins walk from where yaba bus dropped me lol. I just dey follow dem fo back till i got to my bus loading area. I pick race lol. D fool from gabon was leading the way. While d niaja guy was with me lol. Am like how gabon man take know road to ilasamanja lol

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by panpan(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
TMTR:
While all this was going on, I was in their middle and my mom tried calling me on my phone which I held on my right hand because she saw what was going on from afar.
Your mum saw what was going on from afar and she phoned you, and when you didn't answer her call she continued to phone you. It appears there was nothing suspicious going on.

TMTR:
My mum called after answering the call, I saw her missed call which came in while I was with those guys.
It took quite a while for me to understand what you meant here.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by guru90: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2018
Quickjobs:
Since 2017....all this mods self
I was surprised when I saw that Date...
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Jesusloveyou: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

it is God that make them to see him like counterfeit

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by Mruwa1(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
face to face washy na so for Benin
Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotised By Two Men In Benin City by SirLakes: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Haha. ....2017 thread for that matter.... Na Wa o

Whenever you hear a stranger talking about dollars, pounds, n other foreign currency, na dem grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hoodlums Shoot At Okada Rider Near Benue State University, Makurdi (pics / Keke Driver Stabbed By Passenger's Kinsman In Nsukka (Photos) / Shocking Revelation: Social Exchange Market Grant Busted As Fraudulent Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.