Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Amodu Blasts His Critics - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Blasts His Critics (5160 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist / Amodu Blasts Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by mbulela: 7:44am On Feb 10, 2010
^^^
No they will go there to interview them.
in the process collect plenty estacode and do some small shopping.
As in other sphere of Nigerian affairs, the leaders think the followers (passers by) are idiots.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by rasputinn(m): 8:35am On Feb 10, 2010
Amodu is just a clown,his demotion is good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Sauron1: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2010
Ibime:

If we are gonna sack Amodu, we better hire SIASIA, otherwise ITS BEST WE KEEP AMODU.

Those useless thieves at the glass house dont want SIASIA because he doesnt brook no nonsense when it comes to godfatherism and picking old and tired legs.

What can a foreign coach do with so little time to a tournament? Does a foreign coach know our database of available players, and which players have 10 years VAT on their passport?

If a footie federation want to appoint a coach, they dont draw up shortlist and all this megedefegede, they simply identify the right man and make the approach.

Imagine idiots like Lulu and Ogunjobi inviting the likes of Hiddink and Trappatoni for interview? Can an illiterate interview a professor? What kind of questions do they want to ask Hiddink and Trappa?

It is a shame that Super Eagles fans should know more about football administration than the administrators themselves.

Ibime, you must be talking outta ya grimey ass.
Are we talking about the same Siasia that was tactically exposed in the last youth tournament?
The same Siasia that it took 10 mins to replace an injured defender when his team was under attack?
Thanx but no thanx. . . . .Siasia is tactically inept at this level. . . . . .Nigeria needs a foreign handler in the World Cup.

Now to the list. . . . . . . .Personally, i think either Bruno Metsu or Guus Hiddink will do.
These managers have a history of doing a quick action service for national teams in the 3rd world countries with a decent performance.
If the NFF get their act together in time and appoint either one of these guys, Nigeria stand a better chance @ the World Cup.

We have the tools(talents), all we need is technical hands to tweak the team in a way to bring out the best out of the players.
Sacking Amodu is the best decision the NFF have made this millennium.
Without a coach at the ACN, the SE were good enough to have clinched the 3rd position by default. . .Amodu is a wastepipe!!!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by NSNA: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
If the guy should leave and get hired by another world cup qualified country, and he faces off with Nigeria, and beat Nigeria, it will be a funny scenario.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by FBS: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Ibime, you must be talking outta ya grimey backside.
Are we talking about the same Siasia that was tactically exposed in the last youth tournament?
The same Siasia that it took 10 mins to replace an injured defender when his team was under attack?

Thanx but no thanx. . . . .Siasia is tactically inept at this level. . . . . .Nigeria needs a foreign handler in the World Cup.

Now to the list. . . . . . . .Personally, i think either Bruno Metsu or Guus Hiddink will do.
These managers have a history of doing a quick action service for national teams in the 3rd world countries with a decent performance.
If the NFF get their act together in time and appoint either one of these guys, Nigeria stand a better chance @ the World Cup.

We have the tools(talents), all we need is technical hands to tweak the team in a way to bring out the best out of the players.
Without a coach at the ACN, the SE were good enough to have clinched the 3rd position by default. . .Amodu is a wastepipe!!!
Agreed he made those blunders and dented his CV but heck me thinks he is still better than Sir Amodu.

If I were to choose then GH will be my choice but his agent should get off his high horse first.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Sauron1: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2010
FBS:

Agreed he made those blunders and dented his CV but heck me thinks he is still better than Sir Amodu.

If I were to choose then GH will be my choice but his agent should get off his high horse first.

Onigbinde is better than Sir Amodu so obviously Siasia is streets ahead of Amodu.
But this is the World Cup where intelligent football managers will be doing battle and outfoxing one another.
We need a manager who can mix with the best without being tactically exposed. . . . .Nigeria have some good players and i believe a tested hand like Guus Hiddink will take us far in South Africa.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Ibime(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

Ibime, you must be talking outta ya grimey backside.

Stop yarning trash. . . SiaSia is proven at 2 tournaments and that takes precedence over his hastily and ill-contrived appointment to the under-20's which we all recognised was a set-up from day one.

If your foreign coach is appointed (with only one game to the world cup) you can be guaranteed that he is just gonna look at a list of Super Eagles players and pick the ones that play for the biggest clubs. Hence you can expect a return to the automatic selection of old wastepipes like Yakubu and Yobo. Does a foreign coach know the players we have available?
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by FBS: 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ibime:

Stop yarning trash. . . SiaSia is proven at 2 tournaments and that takes precedence over his hastily and ill-contrived appointment to the under-20's which we all recognised was a set-up from day one.

If your foreign coach is appointed (with only one game to the world cup) you can be guaranteed that he is just gonna look at a list of Super Eagles players and pick the ones that play for the biggest clubs. Hence you can expect a return to the automatic selection of old wastepipes like Yakubu and Yobo. Does a foreign coach know the players we have available?

Ibime, you know sometimes. . .you can be very brilliant. cheesy
Player selection is about our greatest problem now. Not that we don't have them, someone gast to bring them out.
Since Amodu is demoted (although NFF still maintain that he will go to the WC but as what? no one knows.) and there are equally not ready to hire Siasia then maybe GH can do some magic?

That said, why do I feel as though the NFF are just playing games? With the little time left, just how will they secure the services of a TOP coach?

~Sauron~:

Onigbinde is better than Sir Amodu so obviously Siasia is streets ahead of Amodu.
But this is the World Cup where intelligent football managers will be doing battle and outfoxing one another.
We need a manager who can mix with the best without being tactically exposed. . . . .Nigeria have some good players and i believe a tested hand like Guus Hiddink will take us far in South Africa.
Just like you, my choice will be Guus Hiddink but for the love of Nigeria, how soon will he be able to select and blend the "right" players?
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Sauron1: 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ibime:

Proven at 2 tournaments that are age-grade competitions.
If Yemi Tella was still alive, you will be advocating for him as well.
What is your IQ, Ibime?

Guus Hiddink has worked in Countries that are not football giants and he excelled there.
What does it take to know the players available in football? Guus won't be working alone.
There will be back room staff whose main task is to discover unearthed gems far and near. . . . .What do you this is?

I am not a Football Manager but i can name 2000 undiscovered gems in Croatia, France, Spain, Italy, England and Gambia.
Siasia will take as much time as a foreign handler to acclimatise or adapt to a new role that involves scouring for talents that will make the 23-man squad. If you think he can do well with his under-20 boys at the World Cup then you need to see your shrink!!!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

What does it take to know the players available in football? Guus won't be working alone.
There will be back room staff whose main task is to discover unearthed gems far and near. . . . .What do you this is?

Please. . . what backroom staff?. . . the likes of Dominic Iorfa?. . . dont make me laugh!

All you gonna see is NFF choosing players for GH. . . knowing how incompetent and corrupt NFF is, you can expect some discredited names to be recommended.

I can still remember how Bora Milutinovic took over just before France 1998. . . we were struggling for a right-back, and with his limited knowledge of Nigerian football, he picked the worst right-back ever to play for Nigeria. . . . Mobi Oparaku!!!

Hiring a foreign manager involves sitting him down and washing your dirty laundry in public by telling him that we have 40 year olds parading as 25 year-olds. How do the Presidential taskforce hope to achieve their aim of "clearing the team of old legs" without risking political fall out? This is an in-house issue which SiaSia and other local coaches know about, and we dont need to go through any "testing" phase again. By the end of Nations Cup, at least Amodu had realised what all Nigerians had been telling him, namely that Yobo, Yakubu, Olofinjana etc were tired legs. . . .and that Kaita is the best DM in Nigeria by a long shot. . . . this is a process we would have to go through all over again with a foreign manager.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Sauron1: 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ibime:

Please. . . what backroom staff?. . . the likes of Dominic Iorfa?. . . dont make me laugh!
All you gonna see is NFF choosing players for GH. . . knowing how incompetent and corrupt NFF is, you can expect some discredited names to be recommended.
I can still remember how Bora Milutinovic took over just before France 1998. . . we were struggling for a right-back, and with his limited knowledge of Nigerian football, he picked the worst right-back ever to play for Nigeria. . . . Mobi Oparaku!!!

Ibime, stop talking when we are discussing Nigerian Football cos you know nowt!!!
Oparaku made the list because the best RB in the country then(Jero Shakpore) broke his arm in a friendly match before the world cup.
Guus Hiddink is no grade-C manager that the FA can boss around. . . . . .They have been able to boss previous managers around cos those ones are not bigger than the job. Hiddink is bigger than the whole of Africa so trust me. . . .he will command the respect of all and sundry.

Hiring a foreign manager involves sitting him down and washing your dirty laundry in public by telling him that we have 40 year olds parading as 25 year-olds. How do the Presidential taskforce hope to achieve their aim of "clearing the team of old legs" without risking political fall out? This is an in-house issue which SiaSia and other local coaches know about, and we dont need to go through any "testing" phase again. By the end of Nations Cup, at least Amodu had realised what all Nigerians had been telling him, namely that Yobo, Yakubu, Olofinjana etc were tired legs. . . .and that Kaita is the best DM in Nigeria by a long shot. . . . this is a process we would have to go through all over again with a foreign manager.

40 year olds parading as 25 ain't a new phenomenon.
Brazil is a classic example. Roberto Carlos' mother said something about his son is much older than what FIFA say he was and reh reh reh.
Why should age come into play in a competition as huge as world cup. . . .It ain't an age grade competition.
It's either you know how to play or not.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Ben13: 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
Amodu! FIFA lied. tongue grin
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Marymos: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2010
Three months to the world cup NFF is still searching for a coach to lead our SE to the world cup.This is a clear indication that those handling football affair in the country are incompetent.At least common sense should be to look for a local coach to assist Amodu technically.I think we should just forget about the world cup if eventually a foreign coach is employed.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by ifyclose2(m): 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2010
there is only one place where AMODU can win a tournament, PLAYSTATION!!!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by dannyta(m): 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
shaibu amodu did well but we dont need bronze all the time, if ghana can beat the eagles with their under 20 sqaud the nigeria has fallen as the giant of africa.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by ettebobson: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2010
, If the NFF gave Amodu a semi-final target and he met it; why then fire him?
The guys in the NFF should be the ones fired for giving a semi-fimal target.
it's a big shame to aim for the semi-finals of the nations cup.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by slyk2(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
I wonder why we still stomach below average performance.
Some one is ill fated when he does not know and does not know that he does not know.

I pity poor Amodu-he thinks his connections can still keep him there.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by ayo84(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
amoudu is not just the problem,everyone from the mister to the sports to the nff people shld be discarded and fresh blood injected into our football
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by EzeCanada: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2010
mumu!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Gekko(m): 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ahh kpele, Amodu gone, Aondoakaa gone, is shaping up to be a good year.  Besides, whats the fuss about, he chaperoned some decent players to tournaments and the results had little to do with the coaches abilities.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by honeric01(m): 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
somebody just said Onigbinde is better than Amodu and the same person also said guus hiddink is bigger than the whole of africa.

Lol, see comparisons Lol
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Str8talk: 12:08am On Feb 11, 2010
@~Sauron~
Hiddink is bigger than the whole of Africa so trust me. . . .he will command the respect of all and sundry

Hiddink is bigger than the whole of Africa?
and then we should trust you!

You have said somethings that I agree with but this I can NEVER NEVER accept in several lifetimes
In what ways is he bigger than Lagos State.
His entire country is less than 20million
When was the last time that their club won a decent international trophy?
When did the national team last win a major trophy?
Why would a man that is bigger than the whole of Africa be employed by a dysfuntional country within that same continent that he is bigger than
How do you define being big?  - Achievements, reputation.
He was not able to get a world cup ticket
In civilised countries, that is a fact that will determine his fate, not some excuses
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by ow11(m): 12:08am On Feb 11, 2010
I wait to see the magic Bruno Metsu or Ratomir Djukovic will do with the SE in SA. . .

~Sauron~:

40 year olds parading as 25 ain't a new phenomenon.
Brazil is a classic example. Roberto Carlos' mother said something about his son is much older than what FIFA say he was and reh reh reh.
Why should age come into play in a competition as huge as world cup. . . .It ain't an age grade competition.
It's either you know how to play or not.

Yeah. . 40 Year olds have a lower Maximum heart rate than 25 year olds. . .Yakubu, Nwaneri, Taiwo, Odiah, Yobo and Kanu will make the world cup squad with a new TA and the old NFF that threw common sense out of the window the day Amodu was appointed and their entire brains the day they decided to demote the said fellow.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by adconline(m): 1:59am On Feb 11, 2010
Nigerians always thinking that they are indispensable. If he doesnt like the job, he should quit. A useless sense of entitlement from a coach who doesnt how to call the shots.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by mbulela: 3:58am On Feb 11, 2010
You guys are complicating a very simple matter.
The problem with Nigerian football is neither Yobo nor Amodu or even Yakubu.
Those are just manifestations of a severe anomaly.
The problem is NFF. the administration of football in this country is worse than sunday pub leagues in some countries.
The administration is shambolic and utterly disgraceful.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Marymos: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2010
@mbulela,i agree with you.I think NFF also need to be blame.All those calling for foreign technical advisers should also request for foreign administrators to come and run our football for us.Thank God majority of the shortlisted foreign coaches has turn down the offer.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by chelseabmw(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2010
amodu should shut up his mouth, lipsrsealed
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by oluking: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2010
surely people never liked the idea of his initial appointment .i dont expect him to be appreciated ,even if he had won the Nation cup.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by sley4life(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
Amodu! Shut up
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by oloriooko(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2010
Note pleasssssseeeeeee: I am not a fan of Amodu as a coach!

How can you give Amodu assignments to qualify Nigeria for world cup and get the team to the semi-final of the 2010 African cup of Nations and then sack or demote him?

Who is supposed to be sacked? The coach that was given an assignment and successfully accomplished it or the employer that set ridiculous and dumb goals for Amodu?

When shall we see the true bane of our problems?

Amodu is not the problem but the so called confused, small-minded and dull-brained group of idiots called NFF or is it NFA (no future ambition)!

May God forgive Nigerian football for the injustice done to Amodu because what you plant you will reap!

So when our football starts skidding down the drains, we should remember our unfair play with coach Amodu.

The truth is this: Amodu does not have the technical ability to handle the so called super eagles when they face the other football giants of football.  He is a local coach, he should be confined to the local level of coaching!

May God help Nigerian football, the federal government is killing our football.

How can you start shopping for a coach four months to a competition that takes four years to prepare for? We must be joking!

We have better hands who are nigerians that can handle the super eagles, just give them time! We should stop looking for quick way to win the world cup!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by Gifurat: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2010
Don't mind Amodu, that's is a Nigerian for you, we never accept defeat. A foreign technical adviser to be assisted by Stephen Keshi and the likes of Jay-Jay Okocha is what we need now to boast the morale of our players. Those that has made their mark in the history of football.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by FBS: 8:05am On Feb 15, 2010
Amodu fails to show up for work

Shuaibu Amodu failed to report for duty at the NFF, despite being scheduled to resume work last Monday.

Amodu was last week demoted from his position as coach of the Super Eagles and assigned to train the CHAN team comprising exclusively of domestic league players.

The team were directed to move into camp immediately under the direction of Amodu and his assistants. But the coach failed to report to the Glass House all of last week, and the NFF were forced to release a list of 34 players without the coach.

NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com that the action was taken because the NFF were unsure whether or not Amodu would take up his new assignment.

“We don’t know if he will take the job or not, and we cannot hold up our preparations while we wait for him,” Olajire said. “The interim coaches, led by Erasmus Onuh, will train the team for now.”

Sources close to the coach, however, told KickOffNigeria.com that he is yet to receive a formal letter from the NFF notifying him of his redeployment.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13878

----

NFF = Total Disgrace!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killing The Error And Beating The Bookies / Calling All Real Madrid Fans / The Anthony Joshua Story:Exclusive Pictures and video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.