Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Amodu Blasts His Critics - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Blasts His Critics (5159 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist / Amodu Blasts Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2010
FBS:

Amodu fails to show up for work

The team were directed to move into camp immediately under the direction of Amodu and his assistants. But the coach failed to report to the Glass House all of last week, and the NFF were forced to release a list of 34 players without the coach.

NFF spokesman Ademola Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com that the action was taken because the NFF were unsure whether or not Amodu would take up his new assignment.

who's the coach? who's picking players? you see why i can't and won't blame Amodu for most of our problems? the man must have been fed up with the way things are done. i sensed he wasn't even the one that was allowed to pick the 23 man squad that went to Angola.

THE NFF IS THE PROBLEM AND NOT AMODU.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by FBS: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2010
NFF = Total disgrace!!!
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by bilcargo: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2010
Amodu is a good coach but not a 'big' enough character for the national team. He shouldnt have been sacked if we look at the target set for him before the Nations cup which he achieved. I live in the UK and i think we need a coach 'bigger' than all our boys. I heard Amodu benched Osaze becos he had a strategy with which he wanted to use in beating Egypt, if that is true, then its really trash. The boys have openly complained about his tactics so for that reason i think he should be thrown out of the team. The boys themselves need to buckle up, they failed us as well and not only the coaching crew.

Looking at Amodu's record, he should not be vilified but given kudos, he has done well for our football but i believe he his not the man to take us to the world cup and the present NFF as not any better, they simply know nothing. They engaged in name dropping for the coaching position advertised but majority of those names are not available, they never even met them before announcing their names. The truth is that we do not have the depth amongst the present crop of players in the National team, mention two or three names and that is all about our team. Being a naturalized British, i still want my native country Nigeria to do better than my adopted country and i wish we get it right going into the world cup tourney.

Amodu has done well, hr shouldnt be vilified but he shouldnt be the one to take us to the world cup either, i rest my case.
Re: Amodu Blasts His Critics by bockey(m): 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
grin grin grin Both NFA or NFF and Amodu are not serious. "Like father like son". They should go to river Niger so that they can swin, probably sink, and possibly die together. What are friends for afterall. Enough of this super eagles nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killing The Error And Beating The Bookies / Calling All Real Madrid Fans / The Anthony Joshua Story:Exclusive Pictures and video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.