Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten (15926 Views)

How To Flash Your Laptop If Forgotten Password / How To Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password / Crazy Laptop Won't Stop Draining My Data (help!!!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by TechPill: 12:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Microsoft will be releasing the long-awaited Fall Creators Edition of Windows 10, later this year. technically that should be a good news right? but there is a take. Microsoft has listed Paint as "deprecated" in a hidden page in the nether region of its website, as of the release of the Fall Creator Edition.

According to the company, the word Deprecation means that Microsoft does not intend to throw any more resources at developing or maintaining the program, essentially putting it on death row. Oh No! did i hear you say that? well, we know it’s hard to deny the importance of the program as many users’ first interaction with creating images on a computer. Though paint is dead, at least the Microsoft Fall Creator Edition will come with a significant huge update that will make your computer work faster and smarter.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-WRt5_9lUCRQ/WXZ7vfVx3xI/AAAAAAAAB4c/v3bQTwrVzAICh-f1HJDZPKDXM8jWFi6CACK4BGAYYCw/s1600/Microsoft-paint-dead.jpg[/img]

We all know that Microsoft paint is as old as windows, it came along windows 1.0 way back in 1985,
and since then users have grown to embrace the limited set of features the image editor had to offer. Now, it is the end of the road for the Microsoft Paint. RIP Paint 1985-2017.

But if you noticed, last year, Microsoft released an update of a newer version of paint called Paint 3D, It look great though but the main features of that update is to let you create virtually-rich 3D designs. Now that paint is dead, Microsoft will be putting all its efforts toward the Paint 3D. Since the company wants to position the windows 10 as a platform for creativity, its only logical and wise to shift the attention to the more potent Paint 3D over the old-school Paint.

Like i said earlier, Paint being deprecated doesn't mean it is gone for good yet, there is not time or date as to when Microsoft will remove the program completely but it's sad that one day, it will disappear from our computers, just like how Microsoft Pinball Arcade broke our hearts, all those years ago.

Do you love paint? Use the comment box below to voice out your opinion.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2017/07/microsoft-paint-dead.html

seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by TechPill: 12:44am On Jul 25, 2017
Update: Microsoft has now said that it won't kill the app, only remove it from installs of Windows. Instead, people will have to go into the Windows app store and download it for free, it said. Below is Microsoft words:

"Today, we’ve seen an incredible outpouring of support and nostalgia around MS Paint," it wrote in a blog post. "If there’s anything we learned, it’s that after 32 years, MS Paint has a lot of fans. It’s been amazing to see so much love for our trusty old app."

Get all the full gist at http://www.techpill.net/2017/07/microsoft-paint-dead.html
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Benjom(m): 2:26am On Jul 25, 2017
Well, I've never opened the said "Paint" before let alone used it. I hereby offer my condolence to those who would be bereaved of it. grin

11 Likes

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by MadCow1: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2017
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by mumeen4allah(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Alri

Ok
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2017
Pls update this fake news. Microsoft just announced this morning that they aren't killing it but moving it to their store, which will allow u to download it at ur choice instead of shoving it down ur throat

15 Likes

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2017
I use paint, its good for opening and resizing pictures, not many artist use computers to do their painting, the traditional brush and canvas is always superior.

11 Likes

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by littlewonders: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2017
I still use it till date. Only those who know the taste of old juice still use it. This young generation don't know what is paint.

6 Likes

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Cutezt(m): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2017
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by wintersnow(m): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2017
Why use paint when, you can easily use Photoshop cs6
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by ideologies(m): 7:39am On Jul 25, 2017
nawa oo, I use paint a lot to edit pics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by GMBuhari: 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
lolololo
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by updatechange(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
RIP to the paint
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by amylomo(f): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Oh nooo
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by toluxa1(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Eyah. I'll miss paint. cry
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Sociologie(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Oh no cry
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Abdullateeflawal(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2017
RIP
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by martineverest(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
wintersnow:
Why use paint when, you can easily use Photoshop cs6
u are using the pirated copy right?

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by LexngtonSteele: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
I find Paint so useful.

Hope there would be a great replacement.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/24/ms-paint-stay/#ZDYIXfGCKG2pVfCT.97

martineverest is right. .it's not going anywhere.
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
MS paint.......

wasn't a fan tho.....

but will miss it....

BTW....Microsoft is mad.....to upgrade my windows 10 is 4.5GB....

cheishockedshocked
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by StPete: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2017
This is sad!!! Too sad!!!
cry
My first ever graphics editor was paint and I learnt it thru NIIT
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Sociologie(m): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2017
StPete:
This is sad!!! Too sad!!!

cry

My first ever graphics editor was paint and I learnt it thru NIIT
Which set and center @NIIT?
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Mouthgag: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2017
grin
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by swtdrms(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2017
Paint is the first software that comes to mind whenever I need to do small edits to images. Light and loads fast. Can't remember when last I used PhotoShop since am not into heavy graphics stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by swtdrms(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2017
martineverest:
u are using the pirated copy right?

Don't blame the guy. How many Nigerians have you seen using the original copy.
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by StPete: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2017
Sociologie:
Which set and center @NIIT?
2005, Surulere
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by OgaBuhari: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2017
And buhari will still never get sense. TUFIAKWA!
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by Ugoeze2016: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2017
I used it last night. Who killed it
Re: Microsoft Paint Is Dead, But It Won't Be Forgotten by abbeyafu(m): 7:58am On Jul 25, 2017
Oh dear, i love Paint. Very hand and fast to do little edits to ur images

(1) (2) (Reply)

*** The Future Of India Web Proxy Is Here, No More Server( India web Proxyv3)*** / How Do I Change My Ip To Another Country? / Please Help, My Laptop Cant Login After Puting My Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.