Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. (18749 Views)

Live Online Radio On agitation for Regional Govt/Oduduwa Republic / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:
Dragging nobody.
Nothing new that there are Igalla & Ebira and other immigrants in Yorubaland & vice versa. The point is there are many including Benin people in Yorubaland who now know little or nothing about their original tribes.

Over centuries, some Benin people called Okunbor have become Tokunbor to blend into Yoruba society.

A well known example is Chief Oshodi Tapa of Lagos. He came from Bida and became a servant of Eleko Eshinlokun.

You see everything through tribal prism.

As for that guy, providing him evidence is like teaching somebody who doesn't know simple equation calculus. cheesy grin

If he doesn't know of Ado-Akure, then his case is a hopeless one. cheesy
His case may not be hopeless, he may simply be misinformed. In that case, like I said earlier enlighten him. And your previous remark was laced with prejudice. A lot of people know the history of the Tapas in Lagos, and even the fact that there are some old Yoruba families with Bini/Edo ties in their lineage, due to the fact that parts of Lagos Island (not the whole of Lagos State, mind you) used to be a Benin outpost, centuries ago. The Bajulaiye, Oshodi etc., families come to mind. undecided

So like I said, what is wrong in educating him? Instead of doing that, you said: "I am more convinced now that you're probably an immigrant from Igalla, Ebira/Igbira or even Fulani. Such people are always desperate to belong that they form more native than native. I know your type,". I repeat - it smacks of prejudice. I will call it as I see it! sad

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
you can mine your forefathers skulls and sell it as usual so u can raise enough money to reclaim the land they cowardly sold to us, hahahaha u are our tenant, we will soon chase u inside lagoon read what yellowbar Governors are saying about Igbo's hehehehe
https://www.nairaland.com/3277225/lagos-yoruba-land-he-hath
Why is this matter causing you so much pain, that you are lamenting like this and frothing at the mouth? shocked Obviously, you have either mined your forefathers' skulls before, or it is something you are thinking of doing, which is why you keep repeating it with glee. Guy, if anyone is going to be chased inside the lagoon, who do you think it would be?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Mujtahida: 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
thievery is when u ate ur cake and still want is back... blame ur forefathers for selling ur future just bcux of money, not our fault
My forefathers never gave a damn about money so they could never have been bought. Infact loyalty that cannot be bought with money is our bad habit.
Talking about eating your cake and having it I have often wondered: is Biafra not a scheme to effectively have two countries? To get your Republic and yet continue to take what you can take from Nigeria, to get your shining new Republic and continue to live in the 'zoo'?l
Or are you guys going to make a clean sweep of it and go your way like the biblical exodus(not a hoof is to be left behind).
Nb: I am not opposed to your Biafra but those are issues that bug my mind.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
laudate:

His case may not be hopeless, he may simply be misinformed. In that case, like I said earlier enlighten him. And your previous remark was laced with prejudice. A lot of people know the history of the Tapas in Lagos, and even the fact that there are some old Yoruba families with Bini/Edo ties in their lineage, due to the fact that parts of Lagos Island (not the whole of Lagos State, mind you) used to be a Benin outpost, centuries ago. The Bajulaiye, Oshodi etc., families come to mind. undecided

So like I said, what is wrong in educating him? Instead of doing that, you said: "I am more convinced now that you're probably an immigrant from Igalla, Ebira/Igbira or even Fulani. Such people are always desperate to belong that they form more native than native. I know your type,". I repeat - it smacks of prejudice. I will call it as I see it! sad

That is not laced with any prejudice. Igalla & Ebira are some of the most adaptable people I know. In societies where belonging is crucial (forget Lagos that is super cosmopolitan), people are eager, even desperate to blend. I have never had any problem with any Igalla or Ebira, any Kogi or Kwara person. That attempt to bring prejudice tag just will not wash.

In Romeo & Juliet, Benvolio told Mercutio about Romeo:Go, then; for ’tis in vain
To seek him here that means not to be found.

To try to enlighten someone not willing to reason is very unwise.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by peterphd(m): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

That is not laced with any prejudice. Igalla & Ebira are some of the most adaptable people I know. In societies where belonging is crucial (forget Lagos that is super cosmopolitan), people are eager, even desperate to blend. I have never had any problem with any Igalla or Ebira, any Kogi or Kwara person. That attempt to bring prejudice tag just will not wash.

In Romeo & Juliet, Benvolio told Mercutio about Romeo:Go, then; for ’tis in vain
To seek him here that means not to be found.

To try to enlighten someone not willing to reason is very unwise.

Hello, you seem to be a knowledgeable person as regards tribal history. Could you please furnish me with material or links about the idoma tribe? I'm guessing you go deeper than Wikipedia. Thanks.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

My forefathers don't give a damn about money so they could never have been bought. Infact loyalty that cannot be bought with money is our bad habit.
Talking about eating your cake and having it I have often wondered: is Biafra not a scheme to effectively have two countries? To get your Republic and yet continue to take what you can take from Nigeria, to get your shining new Republic and continue to live in the 'zoo'?l
Or are you guys going to make a clean sweep of it and go your way like the biblical exodus(not a hoof is to be left behind).
you are not opposing Biafra because you to have the cake your hungry forefathers chop long time ago, better start exhuming the. right away... I've come to realise that the Igbos are great threat to yorubas, Igbos are Landlords to Yoruba's in many parts of lagos, is either you live as our tenants or you vacate Lagos for us,
Take away our Lagos Take away Lagos and yoruba land is doomed!! If Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's then let them come and Chase the Igbos away.. Its very simple. How can someone sit in ur house and tell U that Its not yours and U keep quiet.
It means U are a Coward.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
laudate:

Pls do not be fooled by ColonelDrake. He may speak Yoruba, but he is not from your ethnic group. undecided
If I am not yoruba, may fortune never smile on me and if i am yoruba, then may sorrow be your portion and may fortune never smile on you. Please say amen and put the matter to rest once and for all. fulaniiii slave. i am sure you are one of those foolish Yoruba Muslim yoots crying to FG today in Akure to arrest nmadi kanu. Nonsense. 21st century afonjanistic slave.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
juman:
Chief obafemi awolowo alone was better than all those state governors put together.

Clueless unserious governors.

All what they said was nothing but noise making.
Exactly. God bless you for saying the pure and undisputed truth. Sorry to ask..are you yoruba?
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Mujtahida: 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
you are not opposing Biafra because you to have the cake your hungry forefathers chop long time ago, better start exhuming the. right away... I've come to realise that the Igbos are great threat to yorubas, Igbos are Landlords to Yoruba's in many parts of lagos, is either you live as our tenants or you vacate Lagos for us,
Take away our Lagos Take away Lagos and yoruba land is doomed!! If Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's then let them come and Chase the Igbos away.. Its very simple. How can someone sit in ur house and tell U that Its not yours and U keep quiet.
It means U are a Coward.
I thought I was discussing with somebody who is sane. Oya bye bye because it's like the ogogoro you are drinking at that two times two joint is beginning to seep into your skull and unhinge your cognition. Go and sleep Mazi. I promise you that you will wake up in Biafra. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
Mujtahida:

I thought I was discussing with somebody who was sane. Oya bye bye because it's like the ogogoro you are drinking at that two times two joint is beginning to seep into your skull and unhinge your cognition. Go and sleep Mazi. I promise you that you will wake up in Biafra. Cheers
One thing I like about the yorubas is their cowardness.. Is very funny seeing a yoruba man after much ranting and making noise when you engage him into a fight you will see his legs reaching his back while running. .
You have said enough and we are looking forward for that glorious war to conquer Lagos.. I will remain your landlord grin
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by PenSniper: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
laudate:

Pls do not be fooled by ColonelDrake. He may speak Yoruba, but he is not from your ethnic group. undecided

Okay. Noted. Thanks.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kagawa10: 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
ColonelDrake:

If I am not yoruba, may fortune never smile on me and if i am yoruba, then may sorrow be your portion and may fortune never smile on you. Please say amen and put the matter to rest once and for all. fulaniiii slave. i am sure you are one of those foolish Yoruba Muslim yoots crying to FG today in Akure to arrest nmadi kanu. Nonsense. 21st century afonjanistic slave.

Wetin be your own with the muslims in the SW + our other clans in Kogi and Kwara? I'm a christian but I have no problem with the muslims. The truth is you're not more Yoruba than them regardless of their religion, we're all Yoruba and equal in all ramifications. Religion shouldn't have any hold on our heritage. In fact, some Yoruba have muslims, christians, traditioners and atheists in their families yet they haven't killed themselves.

Of course, there should be no reason why any Yoruba would uphold his/her religion over his heritage because first and foremost, he's a Yoruba above any other thing. In fact, I have a family member who's a traditionist and nobody has made him an outcast because of his religion. A Yoruba proverb states that " Omo eni o le buru ka le fekun paje" which translates to "No matter how bad your child is, you can't feed it to the lions". Abegi, one love, let's rise above our religion.

And pls do away with your curse..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Just as you said: "May sorrow be your portion, and may fortune never smile on you." Those prayers will receive a speedy answer in your life, in Jesus name. Since you have laid such curses on yourself, who am I to disagree with you? shocked Oh by the way, thanks for letting us know you are nothing but, a 'Fulani slave and 21st century afonjanistic slave.' Clap for yourself. May your slavery never come to an end. Oya, say Amen sharp-sharp! cheesy

Kagawa10:
Wetin be your own with the muslims in the SW + our other clans in Kogi and Kwara? I'm a christian but I have no problem with the muslims. The truth is you're not more Yoruba than them regardless of their religion, we're all Yoruba and equal in all ramifications. Religion shouldn't have any hold on our heritage. In fact, some Yoruba have muslims, christians, traditioners and atheists in their families yet they haven't killed themselves.

Of course, there should be no reason why any Yoruba would uphold his/her religion over his heritage because first and foremost, he's a Yoruba above any other thing. In fact, I have a family member who's a traditionist and nobody has made him an outcast because of his religion. A Yoruba proverb states that " Omo eni o le buru ka le fekun paje" which translates to "No matter how bad your child is, you can't feed it to the lions". Abegi, one love, let's rise above our religion.

And pls do away with your curse..

Please don't let him fool you at all. He is not a Yoruba man. sad Which Yoruba man will use words like Fulani slave, or an Afonjanistic slave to describe himself? sad Which Yoruba man has a problem with muslims from his own ethnic group? I haven't met any one, yet. In fact, from the little I know about your Yoruba people, their extended families usually have relatives drawn from both religions (i.e. Christian and Muslim). So kindly do not dignify his rant with such a long explanation. He does not deserve it. We know his type. They are the IPOB yoots who try to mask themselves, and their nefarious intentions. Don't worry, his curse will go back upon his head! I am covered by the blood of Jesus! cool cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:15am On Jul 26, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I will like the idea of kwara governor attending this type of meeting but for political reasons they don't want to be associated with their brothers in south west.

Kwara stand to benefit a lot economically in a union with states like Lagos, Ogun, oyo, Ondo, Ekiti than the north central states. Imagine a rail network linking Lagos all the way to ilorin... That will surely open up the agricultural potential of kwara state
Yorubas are not the only tribe in Kwara. It would have been disrespectful to the other tribes if their governor had attended. And I do not mean the Fulanis who are quite small in number. I am referring to the Nupe and Bariba.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 12:23am On Jul 26, 2017
Mujtahida:
My forefathers never gave a damn about money so they could never have been bought. Infact loyalty that cannot be bought with money is our bad habit.
Bros', you are just too sharp! wink They want to eat their cake, and have it! sad Dats all. And they think the rest of us are 'mumus, who will buy their hogwash. Anybody who tries to prevent these Biafrans from getting their republic, thunder will fire his ass! angry Let them go, and take their lands, houses, properties and fixed assets with them, as they depart for their new republic. And any 'mugu who grants them a re-entry visa back into this country, will be in trouble. Let us now know how many of us remain true citizens of this nation! undecided Haba! Na wetin?!
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Yorubas are not the only tribe in Kwara. It would have been disrespectful to the other tribes if their governor had attended. And I do not mean the Fulanis who are quite small in number. I am referring to the Nupe and Bariba.
Why would the Nupe have a problem with a Yoruba governor of Kwara State, attending that meeting?
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 12:29am On Jul 26, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
It means U are a Coward.
What kind of apostasy and blasphemy is this one?! shocked In what way does Lagos belong to the Igbo? shocked You now want Yoruba people to vacate Lagos for you? Oga, that brand of weed you are smoking has warped your vision, o! sad It is quite dangerous to (not just your health), but also your sanity. Wey my mat and my zobo? Let me allow the Yorubas to give you a befitting answer first, before I respond to you. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by laudate: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
One thing I like about the yorubas is their cowardness.. Is very funny seeing a yoruba man after much ranting and making noise when you engage him into a fight you will see his legs reaching his back while running. .
You have said enough and we are looking forward for that glorious war to conquer Lagos.. I will remain your landlord grin
There is no such word as 'cowardness' in the English dictionary. sad But those Yoruba people do not seem like cowards to me. Can you remind me again, who was the bearded general that ran away from the battlefield to Ivory Coast during the civil war? Wasn't he from your ethnic group?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:37am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

Why would the Nupe have a problem with a Yoruba governor of Kwara State, attending that meeting?
Because he is the governor of all Kwarans not just the Yorubas in Kwara. The interests of the Yorubas in Nigeria as a whole might clash with those of the groups. Someone else representing the Yoruba community in Kwara can, not the governor.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

And you are very right, brother. It is prejudice and it should be condemned. You can love what is yours without belittling what belongs to someone else.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Markfemi2: 1:10am On Jul 26, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Kwara is 80% Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Markfemi2: 1:11am On Jul 26, 2017
I don't know why some Yorubas are explaining lagos history to ever mischievous Biafra tell them to return onitsha to Benin first
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:18am On Jul 26, 2017
Markfemi2:

Kwara is 80% Yoruba
The governor is governor also of the remaining 20%.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Markfemi2: 1:19am On Jul 26, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

The governor is governor also of the remaining 20%.

Pls stop justifying what is wrong
He's attending arewa meeting Despite Yoruba being 4% of "political" north
No double standards!
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:25am On Jul 26, 2017
Markfemi2:

Pls stop justifying what is wrong
He's attending arewa meeting Despite Yoruba being 4% of "political" north
No double standards!
Arewa is an organization for all northern groups.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Mujtahida: 4:35am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

Bros', you are just too sharp! wink They want to eat their cake, and have it! sad Dats all. And they think the rest of us are 'mumus, who will buy their hogwash. Anybody who tries to prevent these Biafrans from getting their republic, thunder will fire his ass! angry Let them go, and take their lands, houses, properties and fixed assets with them, as they depart for their new republic. And any 'mugu who grants them a re-entry visa back into this country, will be in trouble. Let us now know how many of us remain true citizens of this nation! undecided Haba! Na wetin?!
Exactly but in the end the whole thing is just a pipe dream-economic realism, international geopolitics and minority concerns make it so. It won't fly.
Been silently following you guys on the yoruba business thread. Great job. You have encyclopedic knowledge- history, business, politics, international relations. You sabi

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Mujtahida: 4:41am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

There is no such word as 'cowardness' in the English dictionary. sad But those Yoruba people do not seem like cowards to me. Can you remind me again, who was the bearded general that ran away from the battlefield to Ivory Coast during the civil war? Wasn't he from your ethnic group?
I just didn't bother to correct the maga. I weighed him in the balance and found him too shallow. It was better to allow him to wallow in his folly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by wristbangle: 5:08am On Jul 26, 2017
sekxy:
okay...but why do yorubas attack biafrans

The attack is mutual online but u can hardly see this in real life.

Good morning cool
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:

The attack is mutual online but u can hardly see this in real life.
Good morning cool
okay... goodmorning to you
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

Just as you said: "May sorrow be your portion, and may fortune never smile on you." Those prayers will receive a speedy answer in your life, in Jesus name. Since you have laid such curses on yourself, who am I to disagree with you? shocked Oh by the way, thanks for letting us know you are nothing but, a 'Fulani slave and 21st century afonjanistic slave.' Clap for yourself. May your slavery never come to an end. Oya, say Amen sharp-sharp! cheesy

Please don't let him fool you at all. He is not a Yoruba man. sad Which Yoruba man will use words like Fulani slave, or an Afonjanistic slave to describe himself? sad Which Yoruba man has a problem with muslims from his own ethnic group? I haven't met any one, yet. In fact, from the little I know about your Yoruba people, their extended families usually have relatives drawn from both religions (i.e. Christian and Muslim). So kindly do not dignify his rant with such a long explanation. He does not deserve it. We know his type. They are the IPOB yoots who try to mask themselves, and their nefarious intentions. Don't worry, his curse will go back upon his head! I am covered by the blood of Jesus! cool cheesy
Compound fool, proof your claim rather than looking for an easy way out of this. take the challenge to proof your claim once and for all but you chickened out as usual like the typical afonjansitic dirty Yoruba muslim with unkempt beards that you are with your tails tucked in between in your wor wor legs.

since you have refused to substantiate your claim, may those curses be your petition for saying things that you do not know. May sorrow be your portion and that of every member of your family. fortune will stay miles away from your every member of your cursed bloodline. Poverty should take its place henceforth in your life you bloody liar.

And stop speaking from your hairy dirty looking ass
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

we know the cowards that can not look to their masters eyeballs to eyeballs
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2017
laudate:

What kind of apostasy and blasphemy is this one?! shocked In what way does Lagos belong to the Igbo? shocked You now want Yoruba people to vacate Lagos for you? Oga, that brand of weed you are smoking has warped your vision, o! sad It is quite dangerous to (not just your health), but also your sanity. Wey my mat and my zobo? Let me allow the Yorubas to give you a befitting answer first, before I respond to you. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To The Arrest Of Iniobong Essien, Akwa Ibom State Commissioner / Jide Adediran: My Combination With Funke Akindele Spells "Doom" For APC / What To Expect As Tinubu Holds Lagos Presidential Rally On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.