Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. (18702 Views)

Live Online Radio On agitation for Regional Govt/Oduduwa Republic / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / We can't go back to Regional govt, Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Is Nonsense- Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by TRUTH2020: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2017
h
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by schoolhelpng(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2017
My problem here is why is Kwara state not included?
Have we give up on the state
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by CltrAltDel: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2017
[s]
evilyoruba:
Diabolical cowards, why haven't you gotten your regionalism with your fetish suffocation Now, Nnamdi KANU has you all mouth to talk rubish...cowards
[/s]
[img]https://uproxx.files./2012/06/tumblr_m55v2bmues1qdxlfoo1_500.gif?w=650[/img]

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by kgr8mike(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2017
That is to say Nigeria will be better off if restructured.
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
no part of ondo speak oyo language called yoruba now.
Note:I am from ondo ok.here is my point, bro they should include those I mentioned earlier not excluding them from their plans
No part speaks Oyo? Have you been to Oke-Igbo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by zionglory(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2017
evilyoruba:
Diabolical cowards, why haven't you gotten your regionalism with your fetish suffocation Now, Nnamdi KANU has you all mouth to talk rubish...cowards

fool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by siobh: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Its about time, Unity on the federal level is no more achievable with ethnic differences. Yoruba has been able to coexist with Christians, Muslim, traditional and atheist. This regionalization can be achieved codedly without a fight.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Philistine(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Good but not best news.untill kwara state gornernor , some delegates from kogi too before I will take them serious. We can't neglect them, kwara is even more of yoruba than ondo.
Who is these?
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Morenikeji070: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2017
Oh great I swear I'm damn so proud to be a Yoruba if God gonna create me again I rather choose to be a Yoruba so much great people that God Ife people welcome Oduduwa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Philistine(m): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Note:I am from ondo ok.here is my point, bro they should include those I mentioned earlier not excluding them from their plans
Taoheed from Ondo? You are a bloody liar! Why mask ur identity?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2017
Finally.

But they still seem to lack the courage to confront Fulani except Fayose.

Diplomacy hardly works with them Northerners, unless it results in you playing a subservient role to them.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by poseidon12: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2017
Good. They should come out stronger in demanding for restructuring this country. They should reach out to the Southeast, Southsouth, and the Middlebelt to form a strong force in demanding for immediate restructuring of the country so we can move forward.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Chynx(m): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2017
evilyoruba:
Diabolical cowards, why haven't you gotten your regionalism with your fetish suffocation Now, Nnamdi KANU has given you all mouth to talk rubish...cowards

Don't mind the unrepentant cowards! grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Kockane(m): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2017
The Yoruba nation goes beyond the six South West states. What happens to those in Kwara and Kogi?

The Yoruba man in Ijebu or Ibadan is equal to one in Offa, Ilorin or Kabba. This move is isolationist.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2017
Good stuff from the governors from south west,I like their resolve,if they can work the talk,it would go a long way in achieving regional development.This is a 'coded' restructuring,which is good

I wish our south eastern governors will emulate them and build a seaport,regional modern railway lines,invest in power especially renewable energy.

But,no they wont,my governor Rochas Okoroawusa is busy organizing one million-man match for Buhari,telling the nation when he will be back(as his spokesman).Or the clown at Ebonyi state banning civil servants from facebook and other social media platforms,or Ohaneze supporting one Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Chynx(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by omsal84(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2017
Their clothes are over-sizes! What happened?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Chynx(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by musicwriter(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2017
Below.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by michoim(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2017
As una don abandoned cocoa, how na no go better off then. Una no thank God say dey use oil from Niger Delta develop Lagos for una?
Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by lionel4power(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2017
We are also talking of landmass of 60km square. With that we can stand as a mini country. If you look at each state in Southwest, if we make use of the potentials available to us , we are bigger than many nations in the world.
Who else understand this??

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by musicwriter(m): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2017
The forum revealed that it would set up a committee to codify the values and ethos of the Yoruba race, in order to strengthen the identity and unity of the people of the region.

The best means of doing that is pay priority attention to study of Yoruba language in schools and encourage widespread use in society at large.

And when they say western Nigeria was better-off before, that's very correct. In fact, Yorubas seems to be the worst losers in the Lord Lugard creation called Nigeria. Sometime ago, I was reading something about Yoruba people in pre-colonial Nigeria and how advanced they were already at that time, and at a point I was asking myself "how did such an advanced race surrender to colonialism?".

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by OkoYibo: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2017
I can see a lot of frustrated ipod piglets and cowards of doubtful ancestry on this thread.
They keep talking trash about Yorubaland but their governors steal their future and invest it in Yoruba land.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by MrMaestro: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2017
lionel4power:
We are also talking of landmass of 60km square. With
that we can stand as a mini country. If you look at each
state in Southwest, if we make use of the potentials
available to us , we are bigger than many nations in the
world.

Who else understand this??
A message heard loud and clear.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Dindondin(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2017
EdCure:
True. But they seem to be the only Southerners that are yet to accept the fact that Nigeria has failed beyond repair. Their large moslem population is their weakest link.

It is very disgusting how some of them defend abokkis as if their own lives depend on it.
Agbayas like Kayode Ogundamisi can never survive a day without making a case for his Fulani masters and patrons on the social media.
We don't defend dem blindly. There must be a legal reason before Yorubas strike.
We don't fight anyhow.
How can Kanu say Benue is part of Biafra.
Is it a slip of tongue?
That statement alone makes me to doubt the mentality of a Biafran leader.
If a mad man gives me Biafra, he ll turn me to crazy fellow in his Biafra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by AreaFada2: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Although Yoruba people like to deny it now, swathes of Eastern Yorubaland came under Benin Empire influence. With a sizeable population of Benin descendant people (Ado-Akure) in Ondo, Akure, Owo, Ikare and Ekiti to some extent.

Benin Empire Denial Centre (BEDC) people like to masturbate over the topic. grin cheesy cheesy

Kwara was properly part of Oyo Empire, a large and fairly well-centralised nation until less than 200 years ago. So yes very Yoruba.

However, I do not consider Ondo less Yoruba in modern times. I think Yoruba land was never a homogeneous entity as many make it out to be now.

Most countries had to standardise their national language like Ajayi Crowther used Oyo lingo as standard. France used the French spoken in Clermont-Ferrand area as standard, Germany used Hanover area German as standard, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by prettyangel10(f): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2017
omsal84:
Their clothes are over-sizes! What happened?

You are not part of d Yorubas so you won't understand.

Yorubas slay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by ricadogbenla: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2017
The wisest ethnic group in Nigeria.When other ethnic groups are busy preparing for secession,clamoring for islamic state and perpetuate violence which may not benefit their people,the yorubas are focused channeling a visionary course for their people.Definitely the yorubas are great thinkers.They have indirectly commenced their own restructuring without waiting for the red and blue chambers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2017
pelumi111:
They just said the Truth......honestly Yoruba region has almost everything in terms of resources and technical know how nd yet we ain't screaming like those Igbos that have only oil

ikpa which oil...?
make no mistake of eva puting the South (particularly Aks, in the same categorization as the East oo) correct urself...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Basic123: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2017
magoo10:
And I ask why are so many Yoruba's pained by the Biafra movement ?
Why are they feeling so jealous when there is no reason to be?
why will they not mind their business in this struggle and headache of ours?
No Yoruba is pained.Infact,the prayer is that you realize it.

Igbo created enemy for themselves with the hate speeches championed by kanu and kinly followed by his followers.So,when people reciprocate the hate speeches e.g calling yoruba pastors demon,abusing Igbo attending yoruba churches,calling others zoos,you will call it pain and shout..."people hate Igbo"

By condemning,Obj and Tinubu for Nigerian mess but forget alex ekwueme,evan enwerem,stella oduah,chuba okadigbo,ken nnamani,ekweremadu,anyim pius Anyim,emeka ihedihoa etc.dog knows how feed its own child and knows how to prey on other animals child.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Better Off During Regional Govt Says Western Governors. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2017
Na now una know abi.
Because Nnamdi Kanu don open una eyes.

Inasmuch I'm not a follower of Nnamdi Kana, he has obviously done more good than harm to Nigeria.

See below for your latest tech news sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Mia Amor Mottley, The Prime Minister Of Barbados (Photo) / Adamu Dauda Garba Denies Donating 50 Cows, Plots of Land To Peter Obi In Kaduna / DSS Operatives Seal CoreTV Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.