Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe (26407 Views)

Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / Atheists, Who Generates The Force That Rotates Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

The bold is false.

The wicked totalitarian kings in the bible, were they atheists?

Any wicked leader man has ever known should be an atheist .

Was Hitler an atheist?

Of course

Was Saddam an atheist? Mubutu? Idi Amin?

I believe they were covert atheists .
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
johnydon22:

I once asked you this question: What does it mean to deify?

If you deify your sandals what makes it seize to be a sandal and takes on the nature of Godhood.

It could be anything , any personal reason . See my latest response to PastorAIO on his "What is a God" thread . I elaborated .

I don't deify things, so it is up to you who do to teach me what it means to deify things then i can easily lay out to you what it means to be in my position as one who lacks belief in the deities.

Exactly . That means you reject deification - this is what makes you an atheist .

Thanks for your inputs bro .

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
4kings:

See vex grin grin
No slaughter the babe na... cheesy

grin grin grin

No mind am . Na just to dey open mouth dey talk them sabi .
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by JackBizzle: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course

The worst kind of liars are those who lie to themselves.

You are lying to yourself and not me because we both know that those guys were not atheists

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

The worst kind of liars are those who lie to themselves.

You are lying to yourself and not me because we both know that those guys were not atheists

Keep deceiving yourself bro . They were clearly atheists .
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by JackBizzle: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You will soon end up as felixomor
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by felixomor: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

You will soon end up as felixomor

Still better than ending up a scammer cool
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by JackBizzle: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
felixomor:

Still better than ending up a scammer cool

Felixomoron
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by felixomor: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
JackBizzle:

Felixomoron

Doesn't rhyme....
Too many syllables lipsrsealed
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Nice thread !

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by segunojo866: 1:20am On Sep 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Nice thread !
don't be surprised that the Christian God Jesus Christ is a gay
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by budaatum: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Your sandals giving you divine protection could be it protecting the soles of your feet from thorns like I said before .

I think I get what you mean . Glory has different meanings . The glory an atheist appreciates could be the beauty of the universe and the magnificence of its complexity .
The atheist would claim the protection your sandals give you is not divine, especially if you claim only your particular sandals are the only divine sandals that should be glorified (adored or worshipped). The atheist would attempt to convince you s/he gets the same protection from their shoes, and not because they are divine but because that is the function of footwear. The atheist may appreciate its shoes because of this so called protection. But once s/he presents it as a god to be worshipped then I am afraid such as one has become a shoe deist as opposed to a sandal deist, and is definitely no more a footwear atheist.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by budaatum: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course

"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by uvalued(m): 3:26am On Sep 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

If the universe was eternal, this means that there was no creator involved. The universe just existed

To be specific, the universe might not truly have a beginning. It could be eternal. No one knows.

hmm interesting just existed AND no one knows
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by uvalued(m): 4:19am On Sep 16, 2017

So as an atheist , what have you been disbelieving or rejecting all this while ? Do you reject the deification of an entity or do you deny the existence of an entity because its a god or its deified ?

hmm BBC hardtalk.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by shadeyinka(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Ebuka. I always smile when I read your threads.

On a serious note, no one knows the origin of the universe. There could be a cause and there might not be a cause. The first cause argument is myopic in the sense that it ignores the issue of infinite regress of an infinite number of creators.

The expansion of the universe is a proof that there is a cause.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by JackBizzle: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2017
shadeyinka:

The expansion of the universe is a proof that there is a cause.

How?
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by shadeyinka(m): 9:45am On Sep 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

How?
There is a direct relationship between the speeds of distant galaxies and their distances from Earth. This is now known as Hubble’s Law.

This show that the universe is actually expanding. The Big Bang theory speaks of a time past when the universe was a point mass Singleton which "exploded" and cooled to form the galaxies etc.

https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/universe.html

Anything that expands can be traced up to it origin but since a CHANGE (in this case, an expansion) takes place only after a "Cause Force" is applied, the universe has a cause.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by obisco4u: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
Yes God exists in people's minds as different things, God exists in literature, music traditions and cultures. But God is imaginary

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
obisco4u:
Yes God exists in people's minds as different things, God exists in literature, music traditions and cultures. But God is imaginary

Some pantheists believe the universe is God , therefore the universe is imaginary .

The nauseating ignorance of a shallow atheist .

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by budaatum: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
PastorAIO:

It is certainly an interesting question and one that has plagued christianity for centuries.

Many believed that Jesus became a deity at his baptism ( This is my beloved son with whom I'm well pleased).

Many believed that he became a deity at his resurrection.

7"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You

Then later came the idea that Jesus always existed as a deity and merely incarnated into flesh. This was the idea that won the battle in the Council of Nicea. ('Begotten not made, one substance with the father').

In the ancient world at that time the notion of a human being becoming a deity was extremely common. But what did they mean by it? Augustus Caesar was considered a deity. Ancient heroes like Achilles and Hercules were considered deities. etc etc

What did they mean when they said a person had become a deity? What do yoruba mean when they speak of someone that 'o ti di orisa'?

Before we can go around saying someone is a deity or has become a deity we need to know what we mean by deity. What has changed in the person that became a deity?

Nothing changed in the person who becomes a deity (or, orisa). It is the perceivers perception that changed. They hold the person in such high esteem that they elevate the person into the heavens.

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by budaatum: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
PastorAIO:
What about this scenario? Please, this requires imagination which is often quite difficult for NL-ers to exercise but if you can try I would really appreciate.

Imagine this:

That a god, let us say Yahweh, created the universe and ruled it for a little while, then somehow one day he loses his mojo. He can't do anymore miracles. Nothing he wills comes to pass. etc etc

Would he still be a deity?
He'll become like Zeus, Osiris etc, 'dead' gods. The logical conclusion of all gods.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by sonofthunder: 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
I conversed with an atheist on Twitter and he admitted that the First Cause , the creator of the universe exists but he does not accept that it is God . Do we have such atheists here ?
read through the thread... *round of applause*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:24am On Oct 06, 2017
sonofthunder:

read through the thread... *round of applause*

Thank you bro . Try passing the idea around letting atheists understand the origin of their position, rejection of deification not existence because something is deified.

We have modern atheists who think a mishmash of materialism ,naturalism , realism and a smattering of other beliefs is what atheism is when it's clearly not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by sonofthunder: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Thank you bro . Try passing the idea around letting atheists understand the origin of their position, rejection of deification not existence because something is deified.

We have modern atheists who think a mishmash of materialism ,naturalism , realism and a smattering of other beliefs is what atheism is when it's clearly not
yeah... I almost 'jumped' into the conversation before checking one of the posts to see it wasn't so recent. truth is most of them never understood your point and the few that did never wanted to answer, especially Johnnydon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by segunojo866: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

na achievement to be a Christian or an atheist angry
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Scholar8200(m): 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
I conversed with an atheist on Twitter and he admitted that the First Cause , the creator of the universe exists but he does not accept that it is God . Do we have such atheists here ?
There, sir, is the underlying issue which much conscience-silencing bluster and belligerent vituperation is meant to shield viz, the desire of not wanting to be accountable for moral failures.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by sonofthunder: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
Scholar8200:
There, sir, is the underlying issue which much conscience-silencing bluster and belligerent vituperation is meant to shield viz, the desire of not wanting to be accountable for moral failures.
big brother, you revisit your once most visited section today. How's the going?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Scholar8200(m): 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
sonofthunder:

big brother, you revisit your once most visited section today. How's the going?
We just thank God bro. Stay blessed.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by malvisguy212: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Scholar8200:
welcome bro.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Scholar8200(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
malvisguy212:
welcome bro.
Thanks a lot bro, how are things? Stay blessed.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

So to the Gnostic atheists , the universe does not exist if I call it a deity ?? undecided

So to the gnostic atheists , my mobile device does not exist if I call it a deity ?

Interesting !
I think most atheists are usually materialists as well. They reject the deification of any entity and also reject the existence of any entity that cannot be observed physically.

Old thread, but just had to add that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome's Mother And Benny Hinn On The Altar (Photos, Video) / Omotosho Tope 2019 Prophecies: 'A Governor Will Die After Few Months In Office' / Pastor Adeboye Donates Ambulance To Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.