Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe (26399 Views)

Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / Atheists, Who Generates The Force That Rotates Planet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I think most atheists are usually materialists as well. They reject the deification of any entity and also reject the existence of any entity that cannot be observed physically.

Old thread, but just had to add that

The first part is atheism , the latter part is materialism . But both atheists and theists can be materialists.

There are atheists who believe that non physical or incorporeal entities like spirits exist (especially found in non-theistic religions Buddhism, Confuscianism , UU ) I think there are more atheists on this side , just that they are not as overt about their stance as the atheists who are materialists .

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by budaatum: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
I read this post about 5 times over twice as many days. It got a response from me at first read, flippant as it was, but I just keep coming back to it. I find it to be a very intelligently thought out post, even while expressing a position I doubt the poster agrees with. I would claim it comes from a highly developing mind

I hold you, KingEbukasBlog, in high esteem for this post. Thank you immensely for it.

KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly !!

Not exactly . grin . It just becomes a god to you since you deified it . Its pretty much it .

Well the praise , adoration and honour for being the reason why we or anything exists .

Well since you now deified your sandals , you can praise and honour them for protecting the soles of your feet from being injured by thorns .

Whatever a god does for you is divine . Something being divine means it comes from a deity . If you start hallucinating with your sandals on , you could say that have received a divine revelation from it if you think it came from it .

Your sandals giving you divine protection could be it protecting the soles of your feet from thorns like I said before .

I think I get what you mean . Glory has different meanings . The glory an atheist appreciates could be the beauty of the universe and the magnificence of its complexity .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:12am On Oct 07, 2017
budaatum:
I read this post about 5 times over twice as many days. It got a response from me at first read, flippant as it was, but I just keep coming back to it. I find it to be a very intelligently thought out post, even while expressing a position I doubt the poster agrees with. I would claim it comes from a highly developing mind

I hold you, KingEbukasBlog, in high esteem for this post. Thank you immensely for it.

Thank you bro .

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
Atheism does not reject religion , does not reject existence of any entity (do not fooled)

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
more contributions
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
More contributions
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
More contributions wink
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by JackBizzle: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2017
grin

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
more contributions please
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
Happy Sunday
cc: lalasticlala
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
Happy Sunday
cc: lalasticlala
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
and he finally makes it to the homepage grin
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by urahara(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
There are no gods to an atheist because no entity- abstract or concrete- is being elevated to a divine status (deity, deification) . So the atheist lacks the belief in deities simply because he is godless or without a deity (atheos) , nothing is a god or deity to an atheist . Simple .

Atheism is therefore , the rejection of deification . Yes , there are atheists who acknowledge the existence of intelligent source(s) of life on earth (Raelism) and there are those who believe the universe is created (defence of this stance comes , as they say , from the first cause argument) but they don't take the First Cause as a deity .

If you deify something or see it as a god , you are a theist ; if you don't see anything as a deity or god or deify something , you are an atheist .

Example
The pantheist sees the universe as a deity or a god , as an atheist you are not saying the universe does not exist because it is a deity , you simply reject deification . Use this simple logic to understand whatever I wrote above , it can be applied to just anything .

To prove this , here is a snippet by Pew Research revealing that indeed there are atheists who acknowledge the existence of the creator of the universe but they don't see it as a God or deity

This post reeks of desperation .its almost as if deep down you know that the concept of god as portrayed by Yahweh is ridiculous , hence your use of other god constructs .

2 Likes

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
OliviaPope:

after donkey years of begging and attention seeking cheesy
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by osazsky(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
god is reak

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by osazsky(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
god is real

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by osazsky(m): 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
god

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by aribisala0(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
But God does not have a cause?

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Starkid3010(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
I conversed with an atheist on Twitter and he admitted that the First Cause , the creator of the universe exists but he does not accept that it is God . Do we have such atheists here ?
I Dnt Need To Read Dis
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
osazsky:
god

Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître proposed the big bang theory and he was a Roman Catholic priest. he definitely did not believe there was nothing before the big bang.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
osazsky:
god

what if we are all part of this energy that was, before it transformed into what is now our universe, i.e. we are all God. God is us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

what if we are all part of this energy that was, before it transformed into what is now our universe, i.e. we are all God. God is us.

Energy was transformed into our universe ? Is that what you were being taught in school ? grin All matter and energy came into existence in the big bang . There was nothing(In material/physical sense ) prior to the existence of the universe

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
urahara:

This post reeks of desperation .its almost as if deep down you know that the concept of god as portrayed by Yahweh is ridiculous , hence your use of other god constructs .

This garbage has nothing to do with what was indited in the OP . Please read and understand then respond sensibly .

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
OliviaPope:

grin grin
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by urahara(m): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This garbage has nothing to do with what was indited in the OP . Please read and understand then respond sensibly .

U re one slow muda fuka bro

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by osazsky(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

so u mean man created the universe that man must be very big unfortunately for u god created the world and he created man in his image. u don't want to believe that god created man yet u believe that ur great great great forefathers were monkeys and apes and in d process of time developed to complex animal man, my question is this, for thousands of years why has man not transformed to higher man, y did man remain man with no significant change, by now if theory of evolution is correct we are supposed to have changed to angels, god created man by moulding him out of sand and breath life into it.that is once d breath leaves man he returns to the natural state which is sand,until u apply force to an object it can't move, once u stop applying force the object returns to it natural state,the force is god,god is force which is energy once gods force leaves u , u return to ur natural state, the force is the word once he spoke the world energy is released, this is a fact, be wise and repent, infinity

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by jostmof(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
JackBizzle:

Very good question.

I can only speak of my brand of evangelical atheism. Deeper life atheism.

Now, as an atheist, I reject all kinds of gods. I see no difference between calling a stone "god" and calling the universe "god".

All I can do for you is to pray that you find redemption...find Jesus... that's the best advice for you.
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Energy was transformed into our universe ? Is that what you were being taught in school ? grin All matter and energy came into existence in the big bang . There was nothing(In material/physical sense ) prior to the existence of the universe

errm you missed the "WHAT IF". never said it was a fact I was taught in school. bye
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

errm you missed the "WHAT IF". never said it was a fact I was taught in school. bye

Why are always quick to quit when you are conversing with me grin . Are you afraid cheesy

1 Like

Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
osazsky:
[s]so u mean man created the universe that man must be very big unfortunately for u god created the world and he created man in his image. u don't want to believe that god created man yet u believe that ur great great great forefathers were monkeys and apes and in d process of time developed to complex animal man, my question is this, for thousands of years why has man not transformed to higher man, y did man remain man with no significant change, by now if theory of evolution is correct we are supposed to have changed to angels, god created man by moulding him out of sand and breath life into it.that is once d breath leaves man he returns to the natural state which is sand,until u apply force to an object it can't move, once u stop applying force the object returns to it natural state,the force is god,god is force which is energy once gods force leaves u , u return to ur natural state, the force is the word once he spoke the world energy is released, this is a fact, be wise and repent, infinity[/s]

I never said I believe all these trash you typed. I said "what if" bye
Re: There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Why are always quick to quit when you are conversing with me grin . Are you afraid cheesy

I was never conversing with you tho. I quoted the person I quoted based on the screen shots he posted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts / When You Are Addicted To Sexual Pleasures / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.