Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,934 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition (29917 Views)

Enugu: Three-Storey Building Marked For Demolition Collapses / "The Collapsed Lagos Island Building Had Been Marked For Demolition Last Year" / Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This Commissioner for the Environment, Dr. Babatunde Adejare thinks he is smarter than the other commissioners before him who overlooked these houses.

Being overzealous doesn't pay in this country.
Dora Akunyili learnt that the hard way.

I'd advise he thinks about his life and family first before he thinks of the Lagos flood.

After all,
Water will always find it's level.

And that is why you will never get it right until the end of time. It shall be complaints and complaints but solution will never come. You must be out of your goddanm mind for referring to Dr. Dora Akunyili as overzealous. A woman who put her life on the line just for everybody to have a country free of fake drugs when she could have made billions from the importers if she had your kind of selfish and demonic mind.
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2017
CaptainFM1:

Foremost, It is a metaphor, not really about water. It means people will seek and hang out with people of the same character, social class, economic status, or educational background "water seeks its own level"

Back to Engineering, water is gradually finding its new level in the wetlands. What we are witnessing is a complete engineering failure. Attempts at displacing the Atlantic ocean rather than just normal coastline protection will continue to result in catastrophe.

Years back, Commissioner for Environment, Muiz Banire stated that in less than 20years, The Islands will submerged. People think he's mad, now they are witnessing the response from nature. I'm not sure if massive destruction alone will address this issues.

On the mainland, human attitude largely contribute to the flooding we are experiencing. Indiscriminate dumping of refuse everywhere and channels clearing need to be addressed.

Well the metaphor was coined from the characteristics of water. So he is right.
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Jokkarm2: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
PLEASE WHO GIVES APPROVAL BEFORE BUILDING IS ERECTED? PLANNING AUTHORITY OVER TO YOU
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Jakess: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
Lagos d Yoruba man

Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by dedunji: 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
What is logoon oba akinwumi saying abi he traveled.

Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by CaptainFM1: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
drnoel:

Its not about massive destruction but serious state of the art engineering construction and rechannelling of the drainage and canal. Most of Holland was built on water and in the 1900 more than 2/3 of the country was submerged by a massive flood. Google it and see for urself. They fought back and devised a method that allowed them live on lots of man made banks while giving the water its own respect and channels to pass. The problem with Nigeria is plenty and this lack of planning is one of em.

Yeah, you re right. The dutch are the expert in Land reclamation and especially in this subject. This is a real massive project....not sure the state is ready for it.
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by CaptainFM1: 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Xda59:

Well the metaphor was coined from the characteristics of water. So he is right.

His context of the metaphor was wrong, in that it should be the Islands waters seeking path to the ocean and not the opposite.

That's why I said its a major engineering failure.
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Josh44s(m): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mabelenena:

To which planet

Krypton grin. Are you coming with me or not. I am tired of planet earth angry
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Mabelenena(f): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
cheesy
[i]Krypton grin. Are you coming with me or not. I am tired of planet earth [/quote] If krypton exist i go follow u
Re: Flooding: Lagos Govt. Marks 7 Highbrow Estates For Demolition by Jbleenk: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:

His house is in Ikoyi and not Lekki

He has a lovely edifice at lekki phase 1 before the cable bridge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners / E-Mansion (Re-screeding & Painting) Pictures / Newly Built 3bedroom Terrace House At Lekki Phase II Gardens @21.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.