Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo (2712 Views)

10 Things You Should Never Search On Google And Why You Shouldn't Search Them / Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. / HELP!! My Airtel Social Bundle Cannot Open Facebook, Google And Gmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Flexygist: 4:05am On Jul 26, 2017
Gabriel Opare, a 19-year-old Ghanaian university student is making headlines in the tech industry for building a new search engine to rival Google and Youtube.

According to Opare, his new search engine, Mudclo, will challenge the dominance of YouTube and Google.

Mudclo is a free search engine for videos where you can discover and stream videos from the different locations on the internet all in one place. “I believe that my business is good enough and that it can scale globally. It is a legitimate point to say that YouTube is a video hosting website, but they are two different entities. While YouTube is a video hosting website, Mudclo combines the power of YouTube and two other video hosting websites in order to create Mudclo,” he said.

Opare, a level 300 sociology student of the University of Ghana who taught himself how to code by taking online courses during his free time.

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/07/26/photo-19-year-old-ghanaian-builds-new-search-engine-to-rival-google-and-youtube/

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by zoho23(m): 4:26am On Jul 26, 2017
i wonder why,especially you flexygist will copy from Lindaikeji and paste it here on nairaland without including where you got the news from, try and be geting your own news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by olayiwola4u(m): 5:15am On Jul 26, 2017
zoho23:
i wonder why,especially you flexygist will copy from Lindaikeji and paste it here on nairaland without including where you got the news from, try and be geting your own news

...that is bad.
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Learnstuffs: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2017
zoho23:
Even Linda Ikeji copies from some websites. Copying is a common sin among bloggers

9 Likes

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by squash47(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2017
A
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2017
rival Google? another hypnotizing lies please.

3 Likes

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by pelumi111: 7:17am On Jul 26, 2017
If it is a success then Google will buy it from him..... that's is what all those rich people do in yanki i.e facebook owner
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Tenim47(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2017
pelumi111:
If it is a success then Google will buy it from him..... that's is what all those rich people do in yanki i.e facebook owner
this s what poor people like you comment on NL undecided
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2017
G
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2017
zoho23:

News are everywhere. The only thing is to State the source

1 Like

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 26, 2017
The website is currently down.. A video search site ... Some community of developers felt insulted by the owners "claim of being an engine to rival YouTube" . This not my site but you can read it up: developers n those with little knowledge about apps can understand the post :
https://gharage.com/2017/07/20/mudclo-is-a-fraud/

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by CairoCharles: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2017
Google will buy it if what they say about it is true
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Segadem(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2017
zoho23:
as if Linda has never copied news before undecided

2 Likes

Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by pelumi111: 8:59am On Jul 26, 2017
Tenim47:

this s what poor people like you comment on NL undecided
so what do rich people like you comment on NL
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by correctguy101(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2017
This is what is being said about mudclo by Ghanaian programmers.

https://yen.com.gh/96130-critics-punch-holes-creation-mudclo-website-claim-unique.html
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by odoguma(m): 9:40am On Jul 26, 2017
Offline Sales Agent

Our client is one of the largest Internet companies in West Africa with offices in Lagos, London, New York and Johannesburg. They are a well-funded, Venture Capital backed internet business. This company has been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch and many others. They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

Ikeja
Victoria Island
Surulere
Lekki
Alimosho
Isolo/Okota
Yaba
Ajah
Maryland
Trade Fair/Alaba
Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
Ketu
Ikorodu
Apapa

Key Responsibilities

Sell IROKOTV subscription from their designated Kiosk and within its environs
Identify opportunities for corporate sales and new market frontiers for agent to explore and market IROKOTV
Provide customer service to existing subscribers
Receive cash on behalf of IROKOTV for new subscriptions, and remit to IROKOTV bank accounts provided
Market IROKOTV and create awareness around the kiosks

Key Requirements

Should have previously worked - or have an understanding - of sales/ target driving job.
Should be of high integrity, and have guarantors and references that are verifiable (as agents will be dealing with cash).
Candidates should be confident, outspoken and able to convince customers to subscribe to IROKOTV..
Candidate should live close enough to locations were there are kiosks/ vacancies to ensure successful candidates are able to easily commute to and from work.
Preferably, candidate will have a functioning Android phone - in some cases, the company can issue the candidate a phone, subject to having a comfortable level of assurance from the candidates guarantor

Other Information

Contract Length: 3 months (with the option for renewal, based on performance)
Career Growth: Offline Sales Agent > Team Lead > Sales Coordinator
Salary: 25,000 Per month Basic
On Target Earning: 40,000 – 60,000 per month

Application is by sending resume to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the email subject ''Offline Sales Agent''
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by eriqboy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
Too bad, the site is down. He needs to work harder.
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by tdayof(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
The market is large enough. He can compete for his share but I doubt it can be a competitive issue to google.

I saw a well detailed write-up on quora on why you can't beat Google.

The best he can do to gain a meaningful percentage of the market.
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by jacyhelen(f): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Learnstuffs:

Even Linda Ikeji copies from some websites. Copying is a common sin among bloggers

hahahahahahah..abi...
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by jacyhelen(f): 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
odoguma:
Offline Sales Agent

Our client is one of the largest Internet companies in West Africa with offices in Lagos, London, New York and Johannesburg. They are a well-funded, Venture Capital backed internet business. This company has been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch and many others. They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

Ikeja
Victoria Island
Surulere
Lekki
Alimosho
Isolo/Okota
Yaba
Ajah
Maryland
Trade Fair/Alaba
Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
Ketu
Ikorodu
Apapa

Key Responsibilities

Sell IROKOTV subscription from their designated Kiosk and within its environs
Identify opportunities for corporate sales and new market frontiers for agent to explore and market IROKOTV
Provide customer service to existing subscribers
Receive cash on behalf of IROKOTV for new subscriptions, and remit to IROKOTV bank accounts provided
Market IROKOTV and create awareness around the kiosks

Key Requirements

Should have previously worked - or have an understanding - of sales/ target driving job.
Should be of high integrity, and have guarantors and references that are verifiable (as agents will be dealing with cash).
Candidates should be confident, outspoken and able to convince customers to subscribe to IROKOTV..
Candidate should live close enough to locations were there are kiosks/ vacancies to ensure successful candidates are able to easily commute to and from work.
Preferably, candidate will have a functioning Android phone - in some cases, the company can issue the candidate a phone, subject to having a comfortable level of assurance from the candidates guarantor

Other Information

Contract Length: 3 months (with the option for renewal, based on performance)
Career Growth: Offline Sales Agent > Team Lead > Sales Coordinator
Salary: 25,000 Per month Basic
On Target Earning: 40,000 – 60,000 per month

Application is by sending resume to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the email subject ''Offline Sales Agent''

oga wetin u dey sell sef
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by MrBONE2(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
grin
Re: 19-year-old Ghanaian Builds New Search Engine To Rival Google And Youtube (photo by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
tdayof:
The market is large enough. He can compete for his share but I doubt it can be a competitive issue to google.

I saw a well detailed write-up on quora on why you can't beat Google.

The best he can do to gain a meaningful percentage of the market.

Lemme have the link pls

(1) (Reply)

Free Browsing: MTN Xmas Offer Get 150mb + N500 / Help: Please I Need A Phone With Good Specifications My Budget Is 35k To 40k / Latest MTN Free Browsing Technique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.