Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG (17382 Views)

Jackson Ude's Criminal Record, Two Liens In US / Kaduna Communities Record Two-year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG / Kaduna Communities Record Two-year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by ijustdey: 7:36am On Jul 26, 2017
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday announced that two communities in Kaduna State recently recorded two straight years of uninterrupted supply of electricity.

It said the Gnami and Pakau communities enjoyed uninterrupted power from the 90- kilowatt Solar PV off - grid system installed in the areas, as the villages were far from the reach of the national power grid.

The Permanent Secretary in the power arm of the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Louis Edozien, said the feat was achieved through the renewable energy project of the ministry, which provides access to electricity for rural dwellers, using solar powered systems.

Edozien, who was represented by the ministry's acting Director , Renewable Energy, Farauk Yabo, disclosed this when delegates from the Economic Community of West African States visited the two communities to mark the end of the regional training workshop on improvement of policy and regulatory framework for clean energy mini - grids.

The permanent secretary said the project was in line with the administration's drive to provide electricity to rural communities that might not in the distant future have access to power supply because of their distance from the national grid.

In a statement from the ministry, Edozien explained that the 40KW solar PV mini -grid at Gnami village consisted of power generation and distribution systems, house installation systems, and street lights and metering systems, adding that it was currently supplying uninterrupted electricity to 100 households.

He stated that the 50KW solar PV renewable energy micro utility at the Pakau community was providing power to about 300 households.

According to Edozien, the REMU facility operates on a mobile electronic payment system with provision for at least 10 business and commercial customers .

Speaking on behalf of the communities, the village head of Gnami, Mr. Ibrahim Yerima , according to the statement, expressed gratitude to the Federal Government and assured the delegates that the facilities would be well protected and put into proper use.

In another development, the Transmission Company of Nigeria announced that it had restored electricity supply to Birinin Gwari and Yauri in Kaduna and Kebbi states, respectively.

It said power supply was restored in the areas at about 5 :10pm on Monday, 11 days after the collapse of tower number 183.

In a statement signed by the General Manager, Public Affairs , Seun Olagunju , the TCN said that its 132 kV transmission tower 183, between Tegina and Kontagora in Niger State, collapsed at about 7am on July 13, due to severe flash flood caused by heavy rainfall, which eroded the base of the tower.

It also stated that power supply to the Kontagora sub - station would be restored as soon as the repair on the station ’ s circuit breaker was completed.

The TCN stated that it had inaugurated a new 40MVA transformer at its 132/33kV transmission sub - station at Mayo - Belwa as part of efforts to improve power supply.

http://punchng.com/kaduna-communities-record-two-year-uninterrupted-power-supply-fg/

6 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by OBAGADAFFI: 7:43am On Jul 26, 2017
And what is Kaduna producing.

Let all states with power plants go-off grid and supply electricity to their communities.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by maryjan8(f): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Good
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by EvilMetahuman: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
And what is Kaduna producing
what is your village producing?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by meezynetwork(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2017
Them no many na. Just 100 houses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by lloydtruth: 7:55am On Jul 26, 2017
Down south we are busy paying high bills without power while up north they are busy enjoying 2 years uninterrupted power supply probably with little or no bills.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Caustics: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2017
sad
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by internationalman(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2017
And here in Benin we have not even celebrated 2 hrs this year. Even if they manage to bring it it's low current all the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Moreoffaith(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2017
You mean a community in Kaduna? Not the whole state

Every power of darkness in Nigeria die by fire.

4 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by xynerise: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2017
Those their houses wey get only one Bulb as the only power consumption? grin

Tell us if it is the urban part of Kaduna, then it is a good news

6 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by holatin(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2017
I will become lazy if I live for that area, seriously 24/7 of light for 2 years.

my routine will be SFS sleep sex and sleep, I go cum big like davido

2 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Segadem(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2017
grin grin grin it's possible cos those two communities are not up to a single street in urban city (in term of power consumption)

3 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by tommykiwi(m): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
Stories for the gods.

1 Like

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
It said the Gnami and Pakau communities enjoyed uninterrupted power from the 90- kilowatt Solar PV off - grid system installed in the areas, as the villages were far from the reach of the national power grid.

THis is a good idea....should be tried in more rural areas.

We have no choice.

4 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Ayopredict: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
satelliteDISH:
Whereas the communities in the oil producing states hardly get 6hrs of electricity per day.

I believe this is the best time for restructuring�

God bless Nnamdi Kanu for starting this revolution.

I know Afonjas will not like what I just said but it is a Solid Fact.

Osibanjo is ruling..................yes, yes, yes

Kaduna is enjoying uninterrupted 2hrs light ..................yes, yes, yes

Biafra is Coming ..................yes, yes, yes

What is this one saying? Have u finally lost your sense of reading and understanding.. Wettin concern biafra with d solar installed in d community. Go to d oil producing state and ask Edwin Clarke and Co what they used their community money to do.

19 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by veraponpo(m): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=ijustdey post=58837855]

http://punchng.com/kaduna-communities-record-two-year-uninterrupted-power-supply-fg/

[/quote/)

Let this be replicated in the estates and industrial clusters.

Estates and Industrial clusters should be operating off the national grid. This will help us to go a long way.

We can do it.

Good job Fashola

Good job Elrufai

Good job President Mohammed Buhari.

Long live Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by three: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
Hmmm

ijustdey:

Speaking on behalf of the communities, the village head of Gnami, Mr. Ibrahim Yerima , according to the statement, expressed gratitude to the Federal Government and assured the delegates that the facilities would be well protected and put into proper use.

'would be' after 2 years of 'uninterrupted supply'? something doesn't quite add up
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by kgr8mike(m): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2017
-
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by rattlesnake(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2017
Ehn my mum is in kaduna nothing like this
Liars
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by begwong: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2017
ZaraGift:

Kwilikwili
No fresh fura da nunu and chilledzobo
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Edenoscar(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
And what is Kaduna producing
Destitutes what else?
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Edenoscar(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
lloydtruth:
Down south we are busy paying high bills without power while up north they are busy enjoying 2 years uninterrupted power supply probably with little or no bills.
you don see am nah
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by shammah1(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
This useless people have started again. In my village & many villages + few cities in Jos has been enjoying uninterrupted light (except if there's a major maintenance) for over a decade with locally generated power supply by NESCO yet no one made a fuss about it. Here in Lagos is a sympathy. This APC government should shut up & get ready to be booted out in 2019

3 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
satelliteDISH:
Whereas the communities in the oil producing states hardly get 6hrs of electricity per day.

I believe this is the best time for restructuring�

God bless Nnamdi Kanu for starting this revolution.

I know Afonjas will not like what I just said but it is a Solid Fact.

Osibanjo is ruling..................yes, yes, yes

Kaduna is enjoying uninterrupted 2hrs light ..................yes, yes, yes

Biafra is Coming ..................yes, yes, yes

YOu did not read the article, son.

1.t said the Gnami and Pakau communities enjoyed uninterrupted power from the 90- kilowatt Solar PV off - grid system installed in the areas, as the villages were far from the reach of the national power grid.

In other words.....solar power.

Better emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Biafra is not coming. GO and face your governors and LG chairmen and demand from them good governance.

Before you get one Biafra that will turn out to be mini-NIgeria in disguise.

and read articles properly, son.

11 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Why Kaduna?
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by NnamdiKanu(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2017
where as here in Oshogbo we hardly see a 2hr light... But we Yoruba Muslims aren't complaining...

9jakohai:

YOU DID NOT READ THE ARTICLE.

GO AND ASK IKEJA DISCO TO DO THE SAME THING.

you are paying for them to do this, you know.

Tribalism is not good.

I cant Question my Fulani masters

2 Likes

Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by sagiebec(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2017
shocked all my life in this country, I've never experienced 48hrs uninterrupted power supply
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by Mekanus(m): 9:09am On Jul 26, 2017
Akuko ifo
Re: Gnami & Pakau In Kaduna Record Two-Year Uninterrupted Power Supply – FG by SalamRushdie: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2017
In Lagos we can't even boast of 3 hours uninterrupted under the failed Fashola leadership

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infrastructure: I Don't Know Why Abia Takes Last In Everything — Udensi / Peter Obi Meets With Indian High Commissioner, Balasubramanian / APC Mulls Implementation Of El-rufai C’ttee’s Report On True Federalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.