Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr (25896 Views)

Lazy Freelancing Jobs Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr / 5 Lessons I Have Learnt From Earning Over N6 Million On Fiverr / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by saintjimos(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:
Some days back, I made a post on Nairaland on how I earned 6 Million naira from Fiverr in 20 months.

It was received with lots of criticism mostly from those who have tried one online business or the other and failed at it. They accused me of making the entire process look so easy whereas it isn’t.

Well, I want to clear some misconceptions with this post.

Making legitimate money anywhere, whether online or offline is easy and at the same time hard.

It is easy if you learn the nitty-gritty of the business and you are willing to commit your time into making it work. It becomes hard when you don’t know the nooks and crannies of the business.

The same thing applies on Fiverr.

Fiverr is not a get-rich-quick scheme that you can jump in today and expect to earn one million naira within one month. It doesn’t work that way.

If you read the post, you will discover that the 6 million naira earned was within a 20month interval.

When you get started on Fiverr, the first one or two months tends to be slow because you are new and you don’t have enough reviews from previous clients. So only few clients will be willing to hire you.

But as your reviews keep increasing, your trust level will increase and so your sales increases too.

While some are lucky (like I was) to earn up to $500 (N170,000) or more on their first month, most people earn between $100 (N33,000) to $250 (N83,000).

Even if you earned $100 in your first month, it is still a good start since the work you will do will take you less than 24hours combined to do.
In this post, I will give you the pros and cons of working on Fiverr so that you can decide if it’s for you or not.

Let me start with the cons; the negatives

[center]CONS OF WORKING ON FIVERR[/center]

1. TO MAKE MORE MONEY, YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK MORE

If you earn $20 (N6,500) for a job that takes you an hour to execute, it means that for you to earn $500 in a month, you need to do 25 jobs which will take 25hours, even though the hours are spread within the days of the month and not a straight 24hours.

I call this a con because if you fall sick or decide to go on a personal holiday where you won’t have to work, then your income will seize till you resume.

Sometimes, I will just feel like taking a weekend off without doing any work, but if I remember that I have sales, I will have no option than to do it so that I won’t lose the sale.

So working on Fiverr will require you to work harder if you have to earn more.

2. SALES AT THE BEGINNING DOESN’T COME IN DROVES

Like I have already written before, when you start newly, sales don’t pour in heavily. You will need to be patient to build up your reputation before the sales starts pouring in.

You might get just few sales within the first month. What you will need to do is to ensure you deliver excellent job to the client so that the client will give you a great review. As your reviews increase, more clients will start trusting you and your sales will increase.

Most importantly, if you build enough reputation, you will start charging higher.

For instance, I charge between $50 and $100 for a job that takes me around 3hours to execute. There are even bigger sellers on Fiverr who will charge up to $200 for same job.

So you need to develop patience and persistence in the beginning to be able to build your reputation gradually.

3. TO EARN HEAVY AMOUNTS, YOU WILL NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS

To be candid, some skills pay more than others.

The average amount people earn for a 500word article on Fiverr is between $5-$10, whereas a sales letter of 500words will earn you between $30-$50. Some charge even more.

The difference is that article writing is just a normal type of writing, whereas sales letter writing is a more sophisticated type of writing called copywriting.

The more specialized the skill you have, the higher you will be able to earn.

My advice to people is to start with the basic skills like article writing and data entry. As they start making some cash from it, they should invest their time and maybe resources into acquiring more lucrative skills like graphic design, video animation, copywriting, web design, programming, research writing, etc.

Anyway, these skills I mentioned aren’t the only lucrative ones. I just wrote down the ones that came to my head right now.

So if you want to start earning higher, you need to upgrade your skills.

Now that I have listed the cons, let’s get to the positive side.

[center]PROS OF WORKING ON FIVERR[/center]

1. YOU CAN EARN MORE MONEY THAN MOST WORKING CLAS PEOPLE

A recent survey by Stutern showed that more than 50% of Nigerian graduates earn N50,000 or less monthly and only about 1.9% of employed graduates earn above N150,000. Google this to confirm for yourself.

This is pathetic!

It is even more worrisome when you discover the number of hours they need to put in to earn such amount.

On the contrary, this figure is actually a starting point for a freelancer. Earning $200 (N75,000) monthly on Fiverr is considered a newbie

So as a freelancer on Fiverr, you can a huge amount of money to enable you take care of a family like I do.

2. YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR EARNINGS BY WORKING MORE

If you are an employee working with either the public or private sector, how long does it take for your employer to increase your salary?

Probably many years…..right?

In addition, you will have to work so hard to please your employer so that your salary will not be tampered with at the end of the month.

This is not so with a freelancer.

If a freelancer wants to increase his or her earnings in a month, he can decide to work harder to make it happen. At the end of the month, he gets more work and earns more money. The harder he works, the more money he earns.

Personally, I’m a lazy dude and so operates only two Fiverr account (****this is actually against Fiverr rules, but there’s a way to avoid getting caught……..Naija man must survive naa*****winks)

One of my super hardworking friends has 5 different accounts on Fiverr and is always busy. His revenue every month is never less than $2,000, even when the services he renders are just the basic ones like article writing, review writing, proofreading, etc.

I don’t envy him because he works harder than I do and so earns more. The most interesting part is that he doesn’t work up to the 8 hours that most employees offer their employers, yet he rakes in a minimum of $2,000 (N660,000) every month.

So as a freelancer, you have control of the amount of money you can earn. The more you work, the more you earn.

2. YOU GET TO WORK FROM HOME OR ANYWHERE YOU ARE

For example, I had a program at Port Harcourt last weekend, so I had to travel.

But it never stopped my work since all I had to do was carry my laptop with me. When I retire to my hotel room, I will simply open my laptop and execute the jobs I have and go to bed.

So as a freelancer, you are not limited by location. You can work from anywhere and anytime…..even from the beach like the oyibos like doing.

3. YOU GET MORE EXPOSURE AND INSIGHTS ON OTHER BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO

My working with so many clients all over the world as a copywriter, has given me insights to different businesses that people do around the world.
It has led me into thinking of creating my own information marketing, starting my own blog, starting affiliate marketing and even other offline businesses.

Even though I haven’t started executing some of these ideas, I’m working heavily on them and will soon launch out and hopefully make more money.

Now, I’m not trying to discourage those who are into one form of employment or the other.

No way!

My objective with this post is for the unemployed or underemployed youths in Nigeria to think towards different areas of making money rather than waiting for paid employment.

Presently, there’s no paid employment that will thrill me or make me consider taking it up. There is so much money to be made on the internet only if you can be diligent enough to master it and stick to it.

To me, Fiverr is just a scratch of the surface.

So is working on Fiverr worth it?

The answer is a BIG YES.

When I compare the pros and cons of working on Fiverr, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

My mission in Fiverr is to generate revenue which I will be investing in other businesses both online and offline. It’s already working out for me and before too long, Fiverr will become my secondary…..no…..tertiary source of income…….****winks.

You too can also start on Fiverr if you have a laptop and internet connection. Besides, you wont need initial investment into getting a website, traffic building, etc unlike other internet business.

So it’s a good entry point.

Go ahead and try it today and kiss goodbye to unemployment.

If you would want to learn how to make a living from Fiverr, click here
. kubiatjim@gmail.com. WhatsApp: 08023726122

I need help
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by esan1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:
Message me so I can give you the number privately
please I need it too
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by goldtooth: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

It's the art of writing contents that gets people to take a desired action. Message me so I can send you resources that will teach you skill.

Wow that would be awesome! I sent you a PM i need those skills
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Shaev7(m): 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:
Some days back, I made a post on Nairaland on how I earned 6 Million naira from Fiverr in 20 months.

It was received with lots of criticism mostly from those who have tried one online business or the other and failed at it. They accused me of making the entire process look so easy whereas it isn’t.

Making legitimate money anywhere, whether online or offline is easy and at the same time hard.

It is easy if you learn the nitty-gritty of the business and you are willing to commit your time into making it work. It becomes hard when you don’t know the nooks and crannies of the business.

Fiverr is not a get-rich-quick scheme that you can jump in today and expect to earn one million naira within one month. It doesn’t work that way.

If you read the post, you will discover that the 6 million naira earned was within a 20month interval.

When you get started on Fiverr, the first one or two months tends to be slow because you are new and you don’t have enough reviews from previous clients. So only few clients will be willing to hire you.

But as your reviews keep increasing, your trust level will increase and so your sales increases too.

While some are lucky (like I was) to earn up to $500 (N170,000) or more on their first month, most people earn between $100 (N33,000) to $250 (N83,000).

Even if you earned $100 in your first month, it is still a good start since the work you will do will take you less than 24hours combined to do.
In this post, I will give you the pros and cons of working on Fiverr so that you can decide if it’s for you or not.

If you earn $20 (N6,500) for a job that takes you an hour to execute, it means that for you to earn $500 in a month, you need to do 25 jobs which will take 25hours, even though the hours are spread within the days of the month and not a straight 24hours.

I call this a con because if you fall sick or decide to go on a personal holiday where you won’t have to work, then your income will seize till you resume.

Sometimes, I will just feel like taking a weekend off without doing any work, but if I remember that I have sales, I will have no option than to do it so that I won’t lose the sale.

Like I have already written before, when you start newly, sales don’t pour in heavily. You will need to be patient to build up your reputation before the sales starts pouring in.

You might get just few sales within the first month. What you will need to do is to ensure you deliver excellent job to the client so that the client will give you a great review. As your reviews increase, more clients will start trusting you and your sales will increase.

Most importantly, if you build enough reputation, you will start charging higher.

For instance, I charge between $50 and $100 for a job that takes me around 3hours to execute. There are even bigger sellers on Fiverr who will charge up to $200 for same job.

So you need to develop patience and persistence in the beginning to be able to build your reputation gradually.

The average amount people earn for a 500word article on Fiverr is between $5-$10, whereas a sales letter of 500words will earn you between $30-$50. Some charge even more.

The difference is that article writing is just a normal type of writing, whereas sales letter writing is a more sophisticated type of writing called copywriting.

My advice to people is to start with the basic skills like article writing and data entry. As they start making some cash from it, they should invest their time and maybe resources into acquiring more lucrative skills like graphic design, video animation, copywriting, web design, programming, research writing, etc.

Anyway, these skills I mentioned aren’t the only lucrative ones. I just wrote down the ones that came to my head right now.

A recent survey by Stutern showed that more than 50% of Nigerian graduates earn N50,000 or less monthly and only about 1.9% of employed graduates earn above N150,000. Google this to confirm for yourself.

This is pathetic!

It is even more worrisome when you discover the number of hours they need to put in to earn such amount.

On the contrary, this figure is actually a starting point for a freelancer. Earning $200 (N75,000) monthly on Fiverr is considered a newbie

So as a freelancer on Fiverr, you can a huge amount of money to enable you take care of a family like I do.

If you are an employee working with either the public or private sector, how long does it take for your employer to increase your salary?

In addition, you will have to work so hard to please your employer so that your salary will not be tampered with at the end of the month.

If a freelancer wants to increase his or her earnings in a month, he can decide to work harder to make it happen. At the end of the month, he gets more work and earns more money. The harder he works, the more money he earns.

Personally, I’m a lazy dude and so operates only two Fiverr account (****this is actually against Fiverr rules, but there’s a way to avoid getting caught……..Naija man must survive naa*****winks)

One of my super hardworking friends has 5 different accounts on Fiverr and is always busy. His revenue every month is never less than $2,000, even when the services he renders are just the basic ones like article writing, review writing, proofreading, etc.

I don’t envy him because he works harder than I do and so earns more. The most interesting part is that he doesn’t work up to the 8 hours that most employees offer their employers, yet he rakes in a minimum of $2,000 (N660,000) every month.

So as a freelancer, you have control of the amount of money you can earn. The more you work, the more you earn.

But it never stopped my work since all I had to do was carry my laptop with me. When I retire to my hotel room, I will simply open my laptop and execute the jobs I have and go to bed.

So as a freelancer, you are not limited by location. You can work from anywhere and anytime…..even from the beach like the oyibos like doing.

My working with so many clients all over the world as a copywriter, has given me insights to different businesses that people do around the world.
It has led me into thinking of creating my own information marketing, starting my own blog, starting affiliate marketing and even other offline businesses.

Even though I haven’t started executing some of these ideas, I’m working heavily on them and will soon launch out and hopefully make more money.

Now, I’m not trying to discourage those who are into one form of employment or the other.

No way!

My objective with this post is for the unemployed or underemployed youths in Nigeria to think towards different areas of making money rather than waiting for paid employment.

Presently, there’s no paid employment that will thrill me or make me consider taking it up. There is so much money to be made on the internet only if you can be diligent enough to master it and stick to it.

The answer is a BIG YES.

When I compare the pros and cons of working on Fiverr, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

My mission in Fiverr is to generate revenue which I will be investing in other businesses both online and offline. It’s already working out for me and before too long, Fiverr will become my secondary…..no…..tertiary source of income…….****winks.

You too can also start on Fiverr if you have a laptop and internet connection. Besides, you wont need initial investment into getting a website, traffic building, etc unlike other internet business.

Go ahead and try it today and kiss goodbye to unemployment.

Please can I have your number?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
joey150:
please can i get samples of some copywriting that you have written in the past?
That's why I said you should message me so I can attach it to you.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Keywordconcept(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

Bro, the link to the whatsapp group is not going through. Can you please give a new link or send your whatsapp number? Thanks
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
Keywordconcept:

Bro, the link to the whatsapp group is not going through. Can you please give a new link or send your whatsapp number? Thanks
Send me a DM and I will inbox you my number.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Israeluc95: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
I'm into fiverr too and I know how much I have made in two months now.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Israeluc95: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

Lol. You definitely need a laptop bro

Laptop is not all you needed, for the past month now, I never use my laptop, I deliver my work using phone most at times

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Israeluc95:

Laptop is not all you needed, for the past month now, I never use my laptop, I deliver my work using phone most at times
If you think you can write and format an article, design images, build website, proofread, etc with your phone, that's good for you.
I will not advise any of my proteges to go the phone route.

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by GodCodes(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
I want to earn heavily on Fiverr. Pls tell me OK.
praise2000:

Go and make the money first.My dear when you get to the bridge you will cross it.I make money on fiverr too...withdrawing your cash is the easiest thing.
There are 3 ways to withdraw money from fiverr
1.Through your Nigeria Bank.Just go to the "withdraw earnings section" and click bank transfer.Fill the form as demanded.In 3 days your money is in your bank
2.There is fiverr revenue card.Apply for it(its owned by payoneer).It will be sent to ur Nigeria address.You can use it...its a master card ATM
3.Paypal...this is faster,If you have anyone outside Nigeria..tell them to open Paypal account...its free.You can use it to collect your cash...though it will go to the owners bank...who will later transfer it to you.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HOW TO EARN HEAVILY ON FIVERR SEND A MAIL TO ME expressbiz2003@gmail.com. Good luck
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by SFTW: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

Lol. You definitely need a laptop bro
Thanks for your time
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by joey150(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

just did.

I would be anticipating!
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by etcme(m): 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
The truth is that there is a lot of money on the internet.
Not just fiverr.
The problem is that our young boys these days are too lazy to learn and will always hoping for the government and perfect time.

I say it again, anybody who is on nairaland and still complains of recession must have not been utilizing the power of this great forum.

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
folak48:
Dear op
I paid for the eBook since Monday and I m yet to receive it my e mail add is folak48@gmail. com. I paid through online transaction .

Sorry...

You just bought yourself crap!!!

Goodluck!!
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
mayorrex:
My laptop and phone ready....
How can I get in touch with you boss?
I really wanna make money....
God bless you sir!

Buy the book and buy crap!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by onyxo76(m): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
been on fiverr and gigbucks for 3 years now...have made over $13,000 till date, its slow at first but later you will be so busy that you might have to apply the limit order feature on your gig to enable you cope with the number of orders.

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by jaydee1o1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:
Pls can I have your number on whattsap
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by joeace2020(m): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
Earning more than people running to work daily.

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by makan85(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

pls I needs ur attention pls just add me on whatsapp on this I beg u Bros 08167746471
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Teawhy2011: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Pls,anybody should add me on whatsapp to enlighten me on how to start dis FIVER. My whatsapp no:08065019331
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Teawhy2011: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
onyxo76:
been on fiverr and gigbucks for 3 years now...have made over $13,000 till date, its slow at first but later you will be so busy that you might have to apply the limit order feature on your gig to enable you cope with the number of orders.

Pls bro,this is my second year after nysc,pls help me out on hw to go abt thid fiverr o! Pls chat me on my whatsapp no:08065019331
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Teawhy2011: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bigboyz32:

This is pathetic!

No way!

The answer is a BIG YES.

Go ahead and try it
today and kiss goodfdbye to unemployment.

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by GodCodes(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hmmn NairaLanders una get sense wella. I carry yanshi give una o grin grin grin
codemaniacs:

its not difficult to get a sale on fiverr..... get 5 - 10 nairalanders with paypal to buy your gig and leave five stars reviews and your gig gets on the trending page then you get buyers.... but Bigboyz32[the OP] didn't mention that grin grin..

the problem is most nairalanders are ignorant of how to game fiverr... if you can get 20 nairalanders to do a "buy my gig I buy your gig" method then you are made for some months... you'll probably be overwhelmed with purchases grin grin grin
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by writers100(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
wintersnow:
I design book covers on fivver .. I swear its so difficult to make one sale on fivver

I need to have a book cover designed. Get in touch via email.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Teawhy2011: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Israeluc95:
I'm into fiverr too and I know how much I have made in two months now.

Pls bro,help a brother o,since I finished NYSC in 2015,hunger has become my daily bred.pls help me on hw to go abt fiverr.pls,add me on whatsapp:08065019331
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by mekstaniac(m): 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
I've made over $100 in almost 2 months. I'm not giving up though. I have 20 reviews now

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by onyxo76(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
Teawhy2011:

Pls bro,this is my second year after nysc,pls help me out on hw to go abt thid fiverr o! Pls chat me on my whatsapp no:08065019331
I made my headway after I bought 2 courses from Abiola oluwasanmi, he is top rated seller on fiverr, you can get him by searching Facebook, or search for fiverr wealth system or fiverr fast track on Google you will be able to get in touch with him as well.
Those programs are in form of video tutorials you will learn various services and get some software for the services thru the programs.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Teawhy2011: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Israeluc95:

Pls,help a brother,hunger has become d order of d day for me since completion of nysc in 2015.pls chat me on whatsapp me on:08065019331 to discuss hw to go abt it
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by wintersnow(m): 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
writers100:

I need to have a book cover designed. Get in touch via email.

Sounds great... I look forward to working with you sir
That's my email harrymorgan299@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customers Experience Heavy Traffic At A Shopping Mall (Photos, Video) / Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money' / Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.