Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr (25887 Views)

Lazy Freelancing Jobs Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr / 5 Lessons I Have Learnt From Earning Over N6 Million On Fiverr / Learn From My Experience On Fiverr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by onyxo76(m): 2:24am On Jul 28, 2017
henryvirus:
After creating an account and making my first gig on fiverr my account was blocked after 24hrs. I created another one and was still blocked what's the matter Pls Help
you must have used the same IP address so fiverr knows you're the same person
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by multioption: 5:33am On Jul 28, 2017
This Copywriting Secret eBook is a great resource for people who are on, or want to get on, Fiverr. Call me at 08167243140 to get a copy. Price: 1,000.00 Naira. If you send me a message to my email address through Nairaland, I may not see it because I can't remember the email address associated with this account.

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by multioption: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Interested in these digital products? Call me and let's talk business at 08167243140.

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by taylor88(m): 6:11am On Jul 28, 2017
etcme:
The truth is that there is a lot of money on the internet.
Not just fiverr.
The problem is that our young boys these days are too lazy to learn and will always hoping for the government and perfect time.

I say it again, anybody who is on nairaland and still complains of recession must have not been utilizing the power of this great forum.

bro have u heard of homdengi. top
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by taylor88(m): 6:27am On Jul 28, 2017
grossintel:
Even the Bible says my people perish for lack of wisdom.. When I see naija youths wasting their time with poor jobs!! Npower scams and failed businesses with the mindset of what do you want us to do? There is no job!! I pity una, don't get creative and productive.. Waste your time with 30k 50k job. I can comfortably earn 150k monthly from my bedroom without sweating like some of you. Go and learn a useful skill!!!! You won't need a job when you can make 500k monthly and still have your time to do what you like.

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by etcme(m): 6:48am On Jul 28, 2017
taylor88:

No, I havnt. What about it?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by taylor88(m): 7:03am On Jul 28, 2017
etcme:

No, I havnt. What about it?

hmmm
it's not a Ponzi though but it's an Indian site
heard they pay, it's very easy u need no skills
just input numbers till u get to a certain amount and cash out
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2017
sircrabo:

Pls if you are in Lagos, i will like to meet you soon. I joined fiverr last year with an account registered with usa I.P. i started doing website for people but found out the time given wasnt enough to complete a job plus their demand was too much . I added other giggs that i thought will be easier to acomplish but never got an order till date. I got fed up when i wasnt getting orders.

I even have my payoneer card with me but havent earned a dime with it.

I still believe i can make something out of it since i have the acct and payoneer card. I will need some secrets, tools .... i really think i need a mentor.

Pls reply me with your phone or email so i can contact you then you put me through from where i stopped. even if its $10/day that i make i will be happy.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks.
Am not a pro on fiverr but I think the mistake you made is a critical one and can be avoided. Ave read some articles on making money on fiverr and my advice is this. The gig you choose is a time consuming one and requires a lot of dedication to pull through. The best trick to use is gig extra charges. If you are a site designer you can charge basic gig fees for single landing page website for $5. This can take you tops 3hours if you know what you are doing, then charge $250 For responsive websites this should be your gig extra. I stand to be corrected, not a pro at all.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by ucosuagwu(m): 7:47am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello, please bro help me out too. I have been working on Fiverr for the vast 7-8 months and i have only made like close to $150. Thats all. Please i need help because i am a student.

Bigboyz32:
Some days back, I made a post on Nairaland on how I earned 6 Million naira from Fiverr in 20 months.

It was received with lots of criticism mostly from those who have tried one online business or the other and failed at it. They accused me of making the entire process look so easy whereas it isn’t.

Well, I want to clear some misconceptions with this post.

Making legitimate money anywhere, whether online or offline is easy and at the same time hard.

It is easy if you learn the nitty-gritty of the business and you are willing to commit your time into making it work. It becomes hard when you don’t know the nooks and crannies of the business.

The same thing applies on Fiverr.

Fiverr is not a get-rich-quick scheme that you can jump in today and expect to earn one million naira within one month. It doesn’t work that way.

If you read the post, you will discover that the 6 million naira earned was within a 20month interval.

When you get started on Fiverr, the first one or two months tends to be slow because you are new and you don’t have enough reviews from previous clients. So only few clients will be willing to hire you.

But as your reviews keep increasing, your trust level will increase and so your sales increases too.

While some are lucky (like I was) to earn up to $500 (N170,000) or more on their first month, most people earn between $100 (N33,000) to $250 (N83,000).

Even if you earned $100 in your first month, it is still a good start since the work you will do will take you less than 24hours combined to do.
In this post, I will give you the pros and cons of working on Fiverr so that you can decide if it’s for you or not.

Let me start with the cons; the negatives

[center]CONS OF WORKING ON FIVERR[/center]

1. TO MAKE MORE MONEY, YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK MORE

If you earn $20 (N6,500) for a job that takes you an hour to execute, it means that for you to earn $500 in a month, you need to do 25 jobs which will take 25hours, even though the hours are spread within the days of the month and not a straight 24hours.

I call this a con because if you fall sick or decide to go on a personal holiday where you won’t have to work, then your income will seize till you resume.

Sometimes, I will just feel like taking a weekend off without doing any work, but if I remember that I have sales, I will have no option than to do it so that I won’t lose the sale.

So working on Fiverr will require you to work harder if you have to earn more.

2. SALES AT THE BEGINNING DOESN’T COME IN DROVES

Like I have already written before, when you start newly, sales don’t pour in heavily. You will need to be patient to build up your reputation before the sales starts pouring in.

You might get just few sales within the first month. What you will need to do is to ensure you deliver excellent job to the client so that the client will give you a great review. As your reviews increase, more clients will start trusting you and your sales will increase.

Most importantly, if you build enough reputation, you will start charging higher.

For instance, I charge between $50 and $100 for a job that takes me around 3hours to execute. There are even bigger sellers on Fiverr who will charge up to $200 for same job.

So you need to develop patience and persistence in the beginning to be able to build your reputation gradually.

3. TO EARN HEAVY AMOUNTS, YOU WILL NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS

To be candid, some skills pay more than others.

The average amount people earn for a 500word article on Fiverr is between $5-$10, whereas a sales letter of 500words will earn you between $30-$50. Some charge even more.

The difference is that article writing is just a normal type of writing, whereas sales letter writing is a more sophisticated type of writing called copywriting.

The more specialized the skill you have, the higher you will be able to earn.

My advice to people is to start with the basic skills like article writing and data entry. As they start making some cash from it, they should invest their time and maybe resources into acquiring more lucrative skills like graphic design, video animation, copywriting, web design, programming, research writing, etc.

Anyway, these skills I mentioned aren’t the only lucrative ones. I just wrote down the ones that came to my head right now.

So if you want to start earning higher, you need to upgrade your skills.

Now that I have listed the cons, let’s get to the positive side.

[center]PROS OF WORKING ON FIVERR[/center]

1. YOU CAN EARN MORE MONEY THAN MOST WORKING CLAS PEOPLE

A recent survey by Stutern showed that more than 50% of Nigerian graduates earn N50,000 or less monthly and only about 1.9% of employed graduates earn above N150,000. Google this to confirm for yourself.

This is pathetic!

It is even more worrisome when you discover the number of hours they need to put in to earn such amount.

On the contrary, this figure is actually a starting point for a freelancer. Earning $200 (N75,000) monthly on Fiverr is considered a newbie

So as a freelancer on Fiverr, you can a huge amount of money to enable you take care of a family like I do.

2. YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR EARNINGS BY WORKING MORE

If you are an employee working with either the public or private sector, how long does it take for your employer to increase your salary?

Probably many years…..right?

In addition, you will have to work so hard to please your employer so that your salary will not be tampered with at the end of the month.

This is not so with a freelancer.

If a freelancer wants to increase his or her earnings in a month, he can decide to work harder to make it happen. At the end of the month, he gets more work and earns more money. The harder he works, the more money he earns.

Personally, I’m a lazy dude and so operates only two Fiverr account (****this is actually against Fiverr rules, but there’s a way to avoid getting caught……..Naija man must survive naa*****winks)

One of my super hardworking friends has 5 different accounts on Fiverr and is always busy. His revenue every month is never less than $2,000, even when the services he renders are just the basic ones like article writing, review writing, proofreading, etc.

I don’t envy him because he works harder than I do and so earns more. The most interesting part is that he doesn’t work up to the 8 hours that most employees offer their employers, yet he rakes in a minimum of $2,000 (N660,000) every month.

So as a freelancer, you have control of the amount of money you can earn. The more you work, the more you earn.

2. YOU GET TO WORK FROM HOME OR ANYWHERE YOU ARE

For example, I had a program at Port Harcourt last weekend, so I had to travel.

But it never stopped my work since all I had to do was carry my laptop with me. When I retire to my hotel room, I will simply open my laptop and execute the jobs I have and go to bed.

So as a freelancer, you are not limited by location. You can work from anywhere and anytime…..even from the beach like the oyibos like doing.

3. YOU GET MORE EXPOSURE AND INSIGHTS ON OTHER BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO

My working with so many clients all over the world as a copywriter, has given me insights to different businesses that people do around the world.
It has led me into thinking of creating my own information marketing, starting my own blog, starting affiliate marketing and even other offline businesses.

Even though I haven’t started executing some of these ideas, I’m working heavily on them and will soon launch out and hopefully make more money.

Now, I’m not trying to discourage those who are into one form of employment or the other.

No way!

My objective with this post is for the unemployed or underemployed youths in Nigeria to think towards different areas of making money rather than waiting for paid employment.

Presently, there’s no paid employment that will thrill me or make me consider taking it up. There is so much money to be made on the internet only if you can be diligent enough to master it and stick to it.

To me, Fiverr is just a scratch of the surface.

So is working on Fiverr worth it?

The answer is a BIG YES.

When I compare the pros and cons of working on Fiverr, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

My mission in Fiverr is to generate revenue which I will be investing in other businesses both online and offline. It’s already working out for me and before too long, Fiverr will become my secondary…..no…..tertiary source of income…….****winks.

You too can also start on Fiverr if you have a laptop and internet connection. Besides, you wont need initial investment into getting a website, traffic building, etc unlike other internet business.

So it’s a good entry point.

Go ahead and try it today and kiss goodbye to unemployment.

If you would want to learn how to make a living from Fiverr, click here
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
i honestly am not pleased with the content in this book. No secret way to increase your sales on fiverr, just how to create fiverr account and create gigs, deliver gigs. That's all. Money, i would have used to buy foodstuffs for 1 months. I guess all ebook sellers are the same, sweet talkers.

I was warning people...

Bettyfair09:

Who is a scammer?

Since you claim you are both in upwork and Fiverr, abeg...come and teach us for free so that we can forget the crappy ebook.

We need you to teach us with proves oo.

Yeye de smell.

Op, good work�. I bless the day a friend introduced me to Fiverr.

Fiverr is real and it pays.

I'm a living proof.

If you can't get the ebook, you can still get free materials online.

Don't allow people who know little or nothing about fiverr deceive you.

Thanks �

Explain this??

You piece of shii...tt
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by romme2u: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2017
wintersnow:
I design book covers on fivver .. I swear its so difficult to make one sale on fivver

how much do u charge per design and where are u located
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Bettyfair09(f): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
i honestly am not pleased with the content in this book. No secret way to increase your sales on fiverr, just how to create fiverr account and create gigs, deliver gigs. That's all. Money, i would have used to buy foodstuffs for 1 months. I guess all ebook sellers are the same, sweet talkers.

In Fiverr, if you ain't satisfied with the service you got, you simply ask for refund.

And I think the OP gave that guarantee...did you ask for refund Mister?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Bettyfair09(f): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I was warning people...

Explain this??

You piece of shii...tt

Stop quoting me, I'm not the OP.

I have begged you to teach us for free since you give out your knowledge for free.

I couldn't help laughing when I saw where you wrote that you have bought all the crappy ebooks.

So you buy too?

Hahahaha....

Please, save us from such ebooks by teaching us Fiverr and upwork for free.

We are waiting..��
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Bettyfair09:

Stop quoting me, I'm not the OP.

I have begged you to teach us for free since you give out your knowledge for free.

I couldn't help laughing when I saw where you wrote that you have bought all the crappy ebooks.

So you buy too?

Hahahaha....

Please, save us from such ebooks by teaching us Fiverr and upwork for free.

We are waiting..��

Piss off... Teach you?

I rather masturbate!! Scammer!!
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by bazooka1: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2017
Anyone interested in getting whiteboard and 2D animated explainer video.
Check my gig out :
www.fiverr.com/infamousanimato
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by NonFarmPayrol: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2017
jaydee1o1:

Pls drop your whattsapl number lets talk

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by wintersnow(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2017
romme2u:

how much do u charge per design and where are u located

Just 3k...
Port Harcourt
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by bedfordng(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2017
hmmm
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
Some will, some won't.
While I get messages like the image below, yours is completely the opposite.....no hard feelings.

I keep to my word; if you're not satisfied, I'll refund you. You lose absolutely nothing.

So send me your account details for full refund. I hope you remember how much you paid (cos it wasn't even complete).

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 28, 2017
Bigboyz32:

Some will, some won't.
While I get messages like the image below, yours is completely the opposite.....no hard feelings.

I keep to my word; if you're not satisfied, I'll refund you. You lose absolutely nothing.

So send me your account details for full refund. I hope you remember how much you paid (cos it wasn't even complete).
what?!

E-book that only contains setting up of fiverr account? Are you for real?

What secrets are in there? How to open fiverr account with VPN or how to write gig title that people dont know to do?

How to deliver gig or how to describe gig?

I have 2 fiverr accounts. I opened the first one in 2014 (with 2 sales) and the second one this year (with no sales yet)

So, those stuffs aren't new to me.

They are nothing new, you dont have any Info to share

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Victornezzar: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
Cc biafrabushboy dey av scammed dis 1 oo cheesy
durent my nigga please buy more
it helps enugo

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

it helps enugo
you're a fool.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Victornezzar: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
you're a fool.
Agreed baba
me and u hu be fool
u want tinz cheaply
gerrraherr mhen
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
what?!

What secrets are in there? How to open fiverr account with VPN or how to write gig title that people dont know to do?

I have 2 fiverr accounts. I opened the first one in 2014 (with 2 sales) and the second one this year (with no sales yet)

Yes, a refund is what i need
GtBank
Chigozie Chukwumaobi

If conversion and sales were your problem, you would have mentioned it in our chat. You asked for how to optimize your gig for searches, I told you how, which you responded by telling me that you already knew that.

There's a difference between gig optimization and conversion. I would have gladly showed you how if you asked (that's part of the mentoring).

Anyway, that's over now. I've refunded you. Kindly confirm that please.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Ozone1304: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
Fingerprinter:
I keep telling people that there is money on the Internet. But they won't hear. Guys, leave teenage girls alone in romance section and check out nairaland business section. The Internet is making young millionaires there. In fact, if you are a jobless guy on nairaland and the section you visit most is romance, then you need to have your head checked.
Fiverr pays, and I am a living witness. But no one would teach you all you need. You need to take the bull by the horn and learn on your own.
I opened my very first fiverr account in 2013, together with upwork (odesk as at that time), and freelancer. I bidded for some projects on freelancer and never got any. I didn't even know how to bid on fiverr neither did I know what gig meant then. I abandoned the fiverr account then as well as the other accounts.
By this time last year, I was in Kano for nysc, the sabon gari area that I stayed was incredibly more expensive than other parts of Kano. The 19k allawee was barely enough to feed me for 2 weeks and to also get me the drugs I was taking then as I was seriously sick then. That was when I started looking for alternative source of income.
Remember, I have always had interest in Internet biz, so I started looking for ways to revive my freelance accounts. I registered a domain name to try blogging but I soon lost interest. One day, I decided to visit nairaland business section, and it was there that I saw a fiverr thread teaching people how to make level 2 seller on fiverr in a month. I remembered that I once had a fiverr account that I didn't know how to operate. I read the 10 pages of the thread and decided to create a new account abandoning my former one. About 3 days after that, I got my first order, a $5 order. You need to see how I was jumping round the whole house that day. I even brought out my guitar and played some notes. Since that time, it has been from one level to another.
Guys, I want to say it again, there is money online. I don't even want to mention how much I have earned this month - because I know some people will doubt it.
P. S. I don't know the OP, I am just relaying my experience. Nobody should ask me to put him through, I am too busy to put anybody through. Go to business section. You will see fiverr threads there. Read the first 20 pages of those threads and take yourself out of recession.
Please how can I contact you?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Bettyfair09(f): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
durentchigozie:
what?!

Yes, a refund is what i need
GtBank
Chigozie Chukwumaobi

Hahahahaha, you didn't even pay complete.

Nice one op�

People who pay half payment are always pain in the arse....hahahahahaha.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
Victornezzar:

it helps enugo

I was already screaming on this thread... One foolish lesbian girl was quoting me up and down!!

Gullible people
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Victornezzar: 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I was already screaming on this thread... One foolish lesbian girl was quoting me up and down!!

Gullible people
Na dat bettyfair goat ahbi
People get sweet mawt sha
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Bettyfair09(f): 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Piss off... Teach you?
I rather masturbate!! Scammer!!

Hahahaha, you can't teach because you don't know it.
continue with your masturbation.
Hahahaha..
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bettyfair09:

Hahahahaha, you didn't even pay complete.

Nice one op�

People who pay half payment are always pain in the arse....hahahahahaha.
half pay? Is 4500 half of 5000?

You stinking village bitch
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Making Money On Fiverr by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Bigboyz32:

If conversion and sales were your problem, you would have mentioned it in our chat. You asked for how to optimize your gig for searches, I told you how, which you responded by telling me that you already knew that.

There's a difference between gig optimization and conversion. I would have gladly showed you how if you asked (that's part of the mentoring).

Anyway, that's over now. I've refunded you. Kindly confirm that please.
confirmed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GTB, FIDELITY, UBA Card: Which Is The Best For Online Payment? / Customers Experience Heavy Traffic At A Shopping Mall (Photos, Video) / Reno Omokri: 'When You Meet A Wealthy Man, Don't Ask For Money'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.