Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,785 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826837 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Deschain107(m): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
mcobex:
Congratulations bro, please help us share your profile so we can learn from it

I'll share my profile later tonight, a bit busy now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jaejay:
God is so good! Submitted July 13th with upfront medicals, medicals passed a week after. Eligibility Review on August 16th being yesterday morning. Approval on August 16th when I checked at night.

Got a BA in interior Architecture- Cyprus
Ma in Architecture- UK
Going for a second masters in Environmental Studies.

I've been a silent reader here. Was really encouraged by the faith some of us possess here. It's amazing. When I went to submit my application last month, VFS officer told me "you are submitting late" considering my program starts commences in a couple of weeks, but the Holy Spirit told me "I got you". Nothing is a rule out with God truth be told.

Be encouraged everyone!

Wowww. Less than 5weeks. Big congrats to you.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sarang(f): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
Austinpee4:

Welcome to Saskatoon Wrong moniker bro. I will visit Saskatoon on touring things but until then, thanks for the welcome. Hope you go dey that time.

Lol sorry was meant for Excelrapheal. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wilihelmsG: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yes, got my medical mail 2 days after the reply.

willyboss:
Have you heard from them since they replied you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jamie55: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
mcobex:
Normally if someone applies for it from Nigeria it takes around 30 days to get here and cost around $23 but since you are in Canada you can order for it on his behalf and it will cost you around $5 but I don't know the time it will get to you (but obviously lesser than 30 days). You can order for it on cic's site (CAIPS FILE ). Concerning the bank the person used I can't remember but I know one or more persons o this forum will still remember the name

Thanks bro!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vieve111: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
i got a message from accraimmigration@cic.gc.ca. Do anyone know what this means. I am suppose to resume on the 5th of september but up till now i am still waiting for VO to call for my passport. What do i do. Thanks for your help

Dear Sir/Madam,

This email acknowledges receipt of your documents. Kindly note that a final decision has been taken on your application.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre once they receive it.

Thank you for your interest shown in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
vieve111:
i got a message from accraimmigration@cic.gc.ca. Do anyone know what this means. I am suppose to resume on the 5th of september but up till now i am still waiting for VO to call for my passport. What do i do. Thanks for your help

Dear Sir/Madam,

This email acknowledges receipt of your documents. Kindly note that a final decision has been taken on your application.

Hello
Fnal decision has been made nau...
Na to check your portal if you linked your application online
What other interpretation do you need?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
Austinpee4:

Ouch! My real and personal person! You know how much this means to me. So sorry!

Don't be hurtful. We will all work around something together to achieve that which you desire. Stay strong and put yourself together. Get the GCMS file ASAP.

It's well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Infamous(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
I graduated with a 2.2 in microbiology and I wish to proceed to Canada to study Medicine and surgery in any of the good universities there. Please do I do? How do I proceed?
Can anyone suggest universities that offer medicine and surgery?
How long does the program take?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jamie55: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Infamous:
I graduated with a 2.2 in microbiology and I wish to proceed to Canada to study Medicine and surgery in any of the good universities there. Please do I do? How do I proceed?
Can anyone suggest universities that offer medicine and surgery?
How long does the program take?
Thanks.

First of all, I am going to put a caveat that I'm not in the medical line but from the little I know, if you want to study medicine in Canada, you will typically do your undergrad in Biology or some other medical courses (not sure if microbiology is included). While completing your undergrad, you would need to do the MCAT, which is pretty intense and apply to medical school with your MCAT score and undergrad GPA. Based on what I learnt from my friends here who are now doctors, admission to medical school in Canada requires a very high GPA (looking at 3.5/4.0 or better). Most good medical schools have an entry average GPA of 3.8/4.0. Once you get in, you spend another 4 years in medical school plus residency.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by imoriafe: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
mcobex:
Landed properties are mainly for hometie but since you don't have it I want to believe your parents and siblings are all here in Nigeria? if yes you can use them as your hometie by explaining to the vo how close you are to them and will surely wouldn't want to stay away from them for long.... as for your sponsor he/she can include the landed property, if your parents have any landed property you can include it as well.

thanks alot. im currently employed and have been given approval for study leave in my office for 20months without pay.i hope i can include this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by victory2017: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
PureRuby:
God has shown me mercy!
My visa has been APPROVED!!!

Let NL praise the Lord!!!

Congratulations dearie!!!
God be praised.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sarang:

Lol sorry was meant for Excelrapheal. It's sis btw smiley
Ok sis!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
maralina:

Amen!!
My instinct tells me you're a VO.. grin
@maralina how far about your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
vieve111:

Dear Sir/Madam,

did you do an upfront medical? if yes 50:50 chance of an approval....if no....brace yourself for an unpleasant stuff..

my opinion....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
imoriafe:

thanks alot. im currently employed and have been given approval for study leave in my office for 20months without pay.i hope i can include this.
Yes you should include it, also state it on your sop

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
Original passport request this week

Applied: May 19
Passport request: August 14

Profile:

MSc at University of Alberta with 27K CAD funding.
Previous education: BSc in the same subject with a final GPA of 3.4/4.
No activity since graduation in 2016.
No request for proof of funds.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Profile:

cheesy
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Profile:

congrats.... is the 27k CAD per year or through out of your Master's program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Profile:

Congratulations oooo. ..A last

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cnonwnuwsp17: 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
Got this today

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
napoleonsmart:
Good morning house, please I want your advise on behalf of my bro. He applied since May 10 (14 weeks now) via paper route and we have still not heard from CIC. The deadline to School resumption is September 1. During application we made part payment for tuition and was hoping that we will get a response before now which is supposed to help us decide if we complete the payment or not. As at last week we had to pay the remaining balance for the tuition because School placed a deadline of August 16 on payment of tuition. My question now is that,is it advisable to send receipt to CIC to let them know we have completed the tuition? If it is right to send the receipt, then how do I go about it? I already linked his application to an online account...

Thanks for the advise on what to do
let me guess... Is the school ICM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jaejay:

Thank you! God will do it for you too. Amen

Congrats! Please share your profile. It is imperative to point out that in this period of resumption when CIC is experiencing an application backlog, your's took only one month. Bravo!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikky4canny(m): 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
list of TRV hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed). APPROVED 08/06/2017
4. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May, APPROVED 11th July 2017

7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
9. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.DELAYED
10. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
11. Ibbravura, March 9, Masters applied computer science, Dalhousie university, Paper route, APPROVED on 25th July
12. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed. APPROVED on 06/07/2017
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.PPR
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Med&Evidence of fee Paymt rqt on 04/05. Med Passed on 15/05.APPROVED

20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route.....DELAYED May 2017
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Chonewillie, April 11, LLM, USask Paper Route, Medical mail 31/05, APPROVED on 04/07/2017
26. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05 APPROVED on 19/05/2017
27. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
28. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
29. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
30. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
31. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
32. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route MEDICAL REQUEST- PR and APPROVED ON 14/06/2017
33. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
34. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
35. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
36. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
37. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
38. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
39. Rocorleone, May 10, MASc, Paper ,Upfront Medicals APPROVED
40. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
41. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
42. PureRuby May 12, Msc Geology, UWO,Paper route, Upfront medicals passed APPROVED
43. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
44. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
45. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
46. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals
47. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online PPR August 14 APPROVED
48. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
49. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
50. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED
51. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
52. SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, May 31, MA, UNB, Paper Route
53. Igbouwanile, June 1, MA, UNB, Paper Route.DELAYED
54. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
55. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
56. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
57. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
58. Maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route
59. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
60. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals. DELAYED 18/08/17
61. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED APPROVED 19/08/17
62. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals
63. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed DELAYED
64. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed July 5th
65. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.
66.Ceslause, Submitted 18th April 2017,MA French and Francophone Intercultural Studies,Univ of Regina,Upfront Medical,Paper route
67. Yitodoo June 5th, Msc, WLU online route app, Upfront Medical
68. Mabs16, July 4, UG, MRU, Paper route. DELAYED 24/08/17
69. DereI, April 28, PDD - Camosun College, Paper Route DELAYED July 2017
70. Yomalicious June 19th PGD McGill paper route. Upfront medicals Delayed August 3
71. Jahluv, 23 June,Msc MUN paper route, no upfront medical
72. Grace101, July 12 UG, upei Paper Route
73. Mikky4canny, July 15th MSC, university of Regina, online route, upfront medical
74. Juicyboy126, may 9th, UNB MSC , computer science, paper route
75. Hallasheyi92, May 23rd, MAsc , MuN , online route DELAYED august 9
76. Jummolami , June 8, MSC Business economics, online route,upfront medical June 8, medical passed August 4
77. Moley22 August 4th,BSc Paper route,Biometrics done
78.bbclue, August 1st, BSC, university of Regina, Paper route
79.Ayonet....Humber College Diploma,May 23rd 2017 paper route, no medical
80. Honeymay10 May 26th, University of Regina, Masters, paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Abeg make una find one cold bottle of STAR for this man!!!

Visa Officers are everywhere on this thread as silent readers!! Some might even register and be answering your questions here

On a lighter note: I personally suspect Austinpee4 as one of them grin

But seriously, a friend recently went for an interview with the US embassy and he told me that the woman interviewing him was very familiar with nairaland(just.wise popular o shocked)

It's simple use the visa required for your intent.... Don't use study visa when you know you want to runaway abeg don't bastardize the privilege
Senatorkolade:
Nigerians are the most problematic people in the world with the way we abuse things.
Before now, Canadian study permit applications were not difficult for Nigerian students even with PGd or ordinary diploma but some unscrupulous Nigerians abused this privilege in the past by absconding when they get to Canada. If this trend is not reversed, Masters applicants may be treated in this way in the future even with funding. I have heard of a Nigerian who used the funding money paid into his account to sponsor his family for SPWP application and now running up and down to look for the school fees when it is time for him to pay. Some abandon their study looking for money. I don't know why a 24 year old student is running up and down looking for money to build house in Nigeria leaving his Masters degree to suffer with the funding he got. This is embarrassing.
We had training with some Consulars including some Canadian Consulars. One of them told me that they get information about Nigerian applicants' tricks in study permit applications through the blogs. He mention some including this Nairaland. I was shocked to hear this. I then stylishly asked how he got to know about the Nairaland, he said they got to know when a study permit applicant mentioned Nairaland in his "Statement of Intent" he submitted to the Canadian High Commission. Since then, they have been peeping into what Nigerians post there. Please,I will beg people to stop posting fraud or indicting posts on Nairaland. The VOs are here.

Also I beg people in the name of everything you believe in, if you know that you don't have the primary intention of studying, don't apply for the study permit. Better go for Express Entry and that will be better for you.

For those considering the option of bringing their family into Canada through the Spousal Work Permit, if you apply for your spouse less than a year you get into Canada, you are endangering the SWP application. This is because you mentioned your family as one of your home tie when you applied. Now the same home tie is what you want to bring in. This gives the VO a doubt about what you initially told them. Mind you, you wife's Spousal Work Permit is a continuation of your initial study permit application. VISA Officer will reason that if you as the Principal applicant does not respect the terms of the visa given to to, how will he/she believe that your spouse will respect the terms of the work permit. This is logical.
Mind you, your school gives the CIC the feedback on how you pursue your program in Canada.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
cnonwnuwsp17:
Got this today

I have seen at least 4 GCMS notes this week with almost a replica of the same sentence that was was repeated in your note. Solution is a very powerful SOP addressing all the reasons stated. I put up a post this week after reading the GCMS notes and feeling concerned, advising people to tackle the issue of why they chose to study what they want to study in Canada as opposed to in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
@cnonwnuwnsp....please share your profile. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
CPA01:

Under application message bro.
I also got the same message Tuesday. I applied since may16 and yet to get a reply on medicals or Try.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moadejimi: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good evening,

Is it possible to defer an admission two weeks into the semester?

Also, what would be the fate of a person that got an approval after deferment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I have seen at least 4 GCMS notes this week with almost a replica of the same sentence that was was repeated in your note. Solution is a very powerful SOP addressing all the reasons stated. I put up a post this week after reading the GCMS notes and feeling concerned, advising people to tackle the issue of why they chose to study what they want to study in Canada as opposed to in Nigeria.

What of people that wrote a strong Sop detailing everything with evidence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
jnyuwa02:

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.