Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837343 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 7:25am On Aug 18, 2017
who has got approval lately and booked a flight?

which agent booked it?
how long did it take you to get your passport sent to vfs?

It shall all end in praise for the TRV hopefuls

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cnonwnuwsp17: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2017
Arebo:
@cnonwnuwnsp....please share your profile. Thanks
First Degree: Statistics (Btech) 3.65/5

Proposed Degree: BCS- Computer Science for University Graduates (1.5 years)

Institution: University of Windsor

Docs
Upfront Medical: Passed

Personal SOA: 15m Closing balance

Print out of Monthly pay (email

Dubai Visa

LOA

School Fees receipt: $12,000(First Semester)

Employment Letter: Data Analyst

Reference Letter from Employer

Contract Agreements (Outside company Contracts): 3 of them

Affidavit

WAEC&NECO

Undergrad Transcript

Birth Certificate

3 Certificate of Online Course from MeasureEvaluation

Please Gurus in the House can I still apply for Jan 2018 (This time for MSc Statistics at a different school)

NB: I had opted for the computer Science course because I wanted to do my MSC in Data Science and it requires a good knowledge of Computer Science. I do know how to program and all but don't really have a good theoretic background for MSc in Data Science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cnonwnuwsp17: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I have seen at least 4 GCMS notes this week with almost a replica of the same sentence that was was repeated in your note. Solution is a very powerful SOP addressing all the reasons stated. I put up a post this week after reading the GCMS notes and feeling concerned, advising people to tackle the issue of why they chose to study what they want to study in Canada as opposed to in Nigeria.

I don't think SOP was the issue, I had clearly stated the reason for the course in my SOP, I doubt the VO read the SOP. If i saw this note earlier I would have appealed the decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2017
Osemigho:

Main error: Experience + BSc in Pharmacy and you opted for UG program in chemistry.

If you study this thread before your submission, I am sure you wouldn't have gone for your proposed program and still keep proving that you are overqualified for it. You will know your visa chances are very slim but not impossible.

Get a graduate program in Pharmacy or try express entry.

Note: These are just my personal opinions. Doesn't mean I'm correct. Shalom!

Graduate pharmacy is quite different from pharmacology is a branch in pharmacy but I studied Pharmacology my G.p was low that's why i opted for Undergraduate chemistry i actually wanted using some chemistry courses to apply for Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy)

My question is if I apply for direct program of Pre pharmacy and write a well detailed sop as the pre pharmacy is a pathway for the Pharm D will that be convincing as my gp isn't high for the masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Christopher100: 7:38am On Aug 18, 2017
Good day friends. I got delayed yesterday because of Insufficient funds.
Applied June 12th
Medical passed July 10th
Refusal August 16th
I have already ordered for my refusal note. I paid 5CAD for it. Though in my refusal letter, the 3 Insufficient Fund Column were ticked. I believe my uncle didn't packed my financial documents well.

1.He did not use his CAC despite the fact he used his cooperate account.
a.He only submitted his cooperate account with closing balance of 9m with inflow and outflow of 59m and 50m respectively within the last six months.
b.Letter of Sponsorship.
c. Letter from his bankers Zenith Bank stating that he is my sponsor and that they are willing to release the funds when authorized.
2. He refused to show his birth certificate/L.G.A certificate of origin. He is my maternal uncle and we don't bear the same surname. No prove of relationship.
3. His company's account he used has 2 signatories ...himself and one other (not sole signatory)
4. I gave him a format he will use to write Letter of Sponsorship but he ignored it and used his own format. He only stated that he will sponsor me for tuition, transport and lodging. He did not include upkeep or maintenance. He didn't even state the amount he kept for my program.
5. He did not do affidavit if sponsorship.
6. I did not make any sch fee deposit neither did he transfer any fund to my account.
7. The total cost for M.Eng Mechanical Engineering at University of New Brunswick is 16k. The program duration is 16months. Therefore 1year tuition fee should be around 11k though in my application form I stated that the available fund for my program is 32k.
Even before he agreed to print out his banks statement I suffered begging him. I did not have any other helper apart from him. He s actually my maternal step uncle.
Please can a guru in the house me on the next line of action which could be favorable in my second time application. I hope to reapply for Enter 2018start since my Letter of Acceptance is still valid till 1st March 2018.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:49am On Aug 18, 2017
cnonwnuwsp17:

I don't think SOP was the issue, I had clearly stated the reason for the course in my SOP, I doubt the VO read the SOP. If i saw this note earlier I would have appealed the decision.

It is not too late bro/sis. You can still appeal/reapply. Yes of course they read SOP, otherwise they won't be requiring it. Although I have seen many an application approved without SOP. Sometimes I am prone to think these VOs like to approve TRV for people who do something a little unusual that most people don't do. Like not submitting SOP, not submitting transcripts, etc. But don't quote me on it. I just see some approvals that surprise me. My advise to you is to submit a SOP and a very powerful one at that. It might be your saving grace. Also pray and fast and seek God's intervention and mercy to turn hearts in your favor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cnonwnuwsp17: 7:57am On Aug 18, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It is not too late bro/sis. You can still appeal/reapply. Yes of course they read SOP, otherwise they won't be requiring it. Although I have seen many an application approved without SOP. Sometimes I am prone to think these VOs like to approve TRV for people who do something a little unusual that most people don't do. Like not submitting SOP, not submitting transcripts, etc. But don't quote me on it. I just see some approvals that surprise me. My advise to you is to submit a SOP and a very powerful one at that. It might be your saving grace. Also pray and fast and seek God's intervention and mercy to turn hearts in your favor.

I am applying for MSc Stat, I am taking online courses on CSC already. I sent you an email, wanted to forward the SOP I used for the application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by napoleonsmart: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2017
NAIT sir
CanadianNurse:
let me guess... Is the school ICM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 8:08am On Aug 18, 2017
Christopher100:
Applied June 12th
Medical passed July 10th
Refusal August 16th
I have already ordered for my refusal note. I paid

Hello bro, sorry for the refusal. May you get it in your next app. You've listed out the solution already. Try to make your uncle see reasons why he has to give u all the documents you requested. I believe this will help a lot . And if truly he wants to sponsor you, let him show commitment this time around by paying your tuition for a whole year and also transferring an equivalent 10k CAD into ur account. or better still look for another sponsor that can show commitment.

NB:these are just my personal thoughts.

Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikky4canny(m): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2017
My oga no vex.. I have corrected it
Rocorleone:

39 is[b] APPROVED[/b] cheesy tongue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chybaz: 8:13am On Aug 18, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

I didnt apply from Nigeria but make o weigh in as you talk.

Got PPR day 1.
Day 1. Sent PP to VFS beijing.
Day 2. VFS sent PP to CVO.
Day 4. CVO sent PP to VFS beijing
Day 4. VFS sent PP to me.
Day 5. Received PP.

PS: CVO-Canada Visa Office.
PPR- passPort Request

I hope this helps.

Wow, this dude is blessed and well informed.
Scholarship of over $100,000
And also PPR.

Lord I tap into this grace.
U are not of this world man. U must be from somewhere close to heaven.

Kudos.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Christopher100: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Applied June 12th
Medical passed July 10th
Refusal August 16th
I have already ordered for my refusal note. I paid 5CAD for it. Though in my refusal letter, the 3 Insufficient Fund Column were ticked. I believe my uncle didn't package my financial documents well.

1.He did not use his CAC despite the fact he used his cooperate account. 
a.He only submitted his cooperate account with closing balance of 9m with inflow and outflow of 59m and 50m respectively within the last six months.
b.Letter of Sponsorship.
c. Letter from his bankers Zenith Bank stating that he is my sponsor and that they are willing to release the funds when authorized.
2. He refused to show his birth certificate/L.G.A certificate of origin. He is my maternal uncle and we don't bear the same surname. No prove of relationship.
3. His company's account has 2 signatories ...himself and one other Lady (not sole signatory)
4. I gave him a format he will use to write Letter of Sponsorship but he ignored it and used his own format. He only stated that he will sponsor me for tuition, transport and lodging. He did not include upkeep or maintenance. He didn't even state the amount he kept for my program.
5. He did not do affidavit of sponsorship.
6. I did not make any sch fee deposit neither did he transfer any fund to my account.
7. The total cost for M.Eng Mechanical Engineering program at the University of New Brunswick is 16k. The program duration is 18months. Therefore 1year tuition fee should be around 11k though in my application form I stated that the available fund for my program is 32k.
Even before he agreed to print out his banks statement I suffered begging him. I did not have any other helper apart from him. He is actually my maternal step uncle.
Please can any guru in the house advice me on the next line of action which could be favorable in my second time application. I hope to reapply for Winter 2018 Start since my Letter of Acceptance is still valid till 3rd January 2018.

Apologies house. Corrected some spellings...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nzo1: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2017
Hi @LightandDarkness. Congrats on your approval.

Please, aside this your 27K CAD funding, did you show any other source of financial support? How did you state it in your SOP?

Thank you.

LightandDarkness:
Original passport request this week

Applied: May 19
Passport request: August 14

Profile:

MSc at University of Alberta with 27K CAD funding.
Previous education: BSc in the same subject with a final GPA of 3.4/4.
No activity since graduation in 2016.
No request for proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nzo1: 8:56am On Aug 18, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]
deolutolu:
Good morning guys, can anyone kindly explain how to order for GCMS note from Nigeria

Hi @deolutolu; You can use this link: http://gcmsnow.com/standard-gcms-notes/. Once you fill your details and make your payment, they'll send you a consent form to sign and send back to them. It takes about 30 days from the day they acknowledge receipt of your consent form. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 8:58am On Aug 18, 2017
Rocorleone:

which agent handled your flight bookings?
Olamide did. She has been helpful to a lot of people here. She was introduced by Folaroyal. Book with her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yese001: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2017
maziude:

Okay boss.

You can contact me on hallecks@qq.com

@Maziude.. Good morning Boss, I left you a message on your mail. Please kindly attend to as soon as you can.

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2017
jamie55:
NB: You said you got info here about 7 years ago and u couldn't even come back to share ur experience with those of us(upcoming ) until u need info for ur younger brother, that's not fair at all. Imagine if everyone does that how will this GREAT thread continue? That's just my view sha.

@mcobex: Thanks for replying and no vex. I did share my experience at the time but I was certainly not a guru like some of you. More so, over time my information is bound to become irrelevant. For instance, back then there were no biometrics or VFS. Now that I have signed back in, I can answer some questions that some of you have about Canada in general. I'm in Ontario btw (Greater Toronto Area).

This is great... Info na Info as long as it's correct and it edifies. So for most of us coming down to ON, any healthy tip on how to settle and kick off? As an Elder in that land, you are in a very good position to put us through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2017
Pls guyz how many times can one send a CSE to cic?
Cic accra no dey reply my mails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Maryam29: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Has anyone that has misrepresentation on his/her application received any msg?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 10:01am On Aug 18, 2017
I don't how about this but you can send them mail and they will respond, Just make the subject of the mail so attractive
Like the mail i sent to them last time , my subject of the mail was 7 months old application and still counting , funny but it got their attention and i have been getting reply from them every time i sent them mail ... i am in the same shoe with you , i submitted last year Dec
Abiodunne:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tuzinde(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2017
Abiodunne:

A mail once a week for CSE is not out of place, also send to below email address.

ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gmatthews: 10:19am On Aug 18, 2017
I've been a silent follower on this thread but felt the need to testify and give someone encouragement!

Passport request - 18th Aug 2017

Application 1
Submitted April 11th 2017 (online)
Delayed May 19th 2017

Application 2
Submitted June 2nd 2017 (online)

Original app was delayed on purpose of visit only. Addressed in the second application with Statement of purpose, CV, undergraduate degree and transcript which were not submitted with the original application.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Temmielicious: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please i need to know if going for PGD at age 29 would be a barrier to get a trv. i m single and i have a child which i would be using as home tie.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thaiwo1234: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2017
Deschain107:

Applied on June 9, Paper route,

submitted docs

acceptance letter (upei UG)
waec result
unilag transcript 1st to 3rd yr (didn't finish)
birth certificate
photocopy of passport data page ( including pages of previous US visa)
police report

Dad's SOA with balance of #7m and inflow of #19m and dom acct SOA with USD7000
Sponsor's affidavit
landed properties #70m
Tax certificate
photocopy of passport datapage

Am in ur shoes can you email me
Thaiwohuthy@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 10:44am On Aug 18, 2017
18th August!!! God epp Me!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2017
gbsunmonu:
I don't how about this but you can send them mail and they will respond, Just make the subject of the mail so attractive
Like the mail i sent to them last time , my subject of the mail was 7 months old application and still counting , funny but it got their attention and i have been getting reply from them every time i sent them mail ... i am in the same shoe with you , i submitted last year Dec

I sent them a mail on Monday with a similar subject, all i got back was an automated reply and dats all. Are you also for PGD? where you called for medicals or you did upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2017
gmatthews:
I've been a silent follower on this thread but felt the need to testify and give someone encouragement!

Application 1
Submitted April 11th 2017 (online)
Delayed May 19th 2017

Application 2
Submitted June 2nd 2017 (online)

Original app was delayed on purpose of visit only. Addressed in the second application with Statement of purpose, CV, undergraduate degree and transcript which were not submitted with the original application.

It is indeed an encouragement. You see, this week alone eh!, out of 10 applicants, like 7 people face refusal while just 3 get approved. And this raises tension. Because a lot of people here are scheduled to resume next month.
I was refused last month based on this purpose of visit thingy, and in my GCMS NOTES V.O "blamed me for being single with no child to strengthen my hometie" grin. As if all Masters applicants must be married before they can be allowed to go for studies.
Now its been addressed and I hope for approval this time.
With your story now, I've been gingered. And I pray that TRV hopefuls here too shall get their own testimonies to share. Congrats bro.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bree001: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2017
Hi,was denied Based on purpose of visit and travel history.I'm so sad And devastated.Got admitted at Thompson Rivers for MBA with foundation course though as I graduated with a 2.2 in agricEcons
My dad was my sponsor with 11m closing balance. Help me please. cry
cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jamiesongsingz(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2017
Hello Everyone. Please I need help with linking my paper application online so I can get updates faster. I have tried it severally but don't always get through. Please can anyone help? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2017
Nzo1:
Hi @LightandDarkness. Congrats on your approval.

Please, aside this your 27K CAD funding, did you show any other source of financial support? How did you state it in your SOP?

Thank you.

Yes. About 21K CAD, I stated that I had 21K CAD available for my studies through my parents and would also be receiving this funding, I included the letter from my department.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2017
Have you mailed cic? Trust God it will end in praise
McOsheBaba:
18th August!!! God epp Me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.