Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828118 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:37am On Aug 30, 2017
Ohcanada:
@Vanod, you are next to testify. Your next TRV would be approved. Just stay closer to JESUS CHRIST, HE will never let you down.

Congrats in advance.

Amen my brother, I have being I will continue be closer to him, Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Derksjock: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2017
binaboi:

Good morning House,

Yahweh has glorifed his name .I give all glory to GOD that i am here to celebrate with my TRV applicants , hopefuls
and to encourage those who were delayed. I know exactly where i was this same time last year, on my birthday
i received that sad mail that my application was refused due to the reasons :

1. insufficient funds
2. Home ties ,personal assests

Then help came along - I discovered this forum , and read through the relevant contributions from veterans like @maziude, @canadianurse , @Austinpee4 @Osemigho @SURGEE
guys you rock ,thanks for your invaluable insight and help.

For guys that were delayed - dont wait start early order your gcms notes . dont rush to re-apply instead think like the VO and ask yourself all the questions that you think may invalidate your application . Your application needs to be watertight to be eligible. You need to convince the VO to see your application as inalienable . Dont see your application from your eyes alone seek help as early as possible -Prov 15:22 'Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed' .

Timestamp :

May 19 - Submitted application ( paper route)
August 10 - medical notification received
August 15 - Medical passed
August 28 - study permit approval mail received

Next awaiting delivery of passport .don't know how long this takes before it arrives at the VFS office in Lagos.

Documents submitted:
Normal required CIC Documents IMXXX
Acceptance letter :
• Statement of account : GTB USD account balance : 7,000 USD.
• Diamond bank account balance N5,000,000.00
• Statement of purpose : details on academic/work experice , why PGD/MAsters/PHD , why this university , what are your plans on graduation ,

• Letter of introduction from Employer ( pay slips ,tax clearance ) done
• Sponsorship letter from Uncle. done
• Detail letter explaining how you have addressed the Reasons for denial in first application. (very important )
• Sworn affidavit from sponsor stating relationship as father.
• Study leave application and approval letters ( from employer) .
• Professional reference letter addressed to VO.
• Co-Sponsors account statement -Father.
• Letter of sponsorship addressed to VO.
• Birth certificate of siblings
• Police certificate
• Tuition fee payment 1 year
• Landed property of Father

Any guys going to Uwaterloo this sept Fall ( resumption is just around the corner) , please holla back lets hookup ..cant wait to meet you guys on the other side .

Peace
lets keep this forum alive
Hi @binaboi, congrats, I'm going to Uwaterloo this fall, holla back. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Derksjock: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2017
binaboi:

Good morning House,

Yahweh has glorifed his name .I give all glory to GOD that i am here to celebrate with my TRV applicants , hopefuls
and to encourage those who were delayed. I know exactly where i was this same time last year, on my birthday
i received that sad mail that my application was refused due to the reasons :

1. insufficient funds
2. Home ties ,personal assests

Then help came along - I discovered this forum , and read through the relevant contributions from veterans like @maziude, @canadianurse , @Austinpee4 @Osemigho @SURGEE
guys you rock ,thanks for your invaluable insight and help.

For guys that were delayed - dont wait start early order your gcms notes . dont rush to re-apply instead think like the VO and ask yourself all the questions that you think may invalidate your application . Your application needs to be watertight to be eligible. You need to convince the VO to see your application as inalienable . Dont see your application from your eyes alone seek help as early as possible -Prov 15:22 'Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed' .

Timestamp :

May 19 - Submitted application ( paper route)
August 10 - medical notification received
August 15 - Medical passed
August 28 - study permit approval mail received

Next awaiting delivery of passport .don't know how long this takes before it arrives at the VFS office in Lagos.

Documents submitted:
Normal required CIC Documents IMXXX
Acceptance letter :
• Statement of account : GTB USD account balance : 7,000 USD.
• Diamond bank account balance N5,000,000.00
• Statement of purpose : details on academic/work experice , why PGD/MAsters/PHD , why this university , what are your plans on graduation ,

• Letter of introduction from Employer ( pay slips ,tax clearance ) done
• Sponsorship letter from Uncle. done
• Detail letter explaining how you have addressed the Reasons for denial in first application. (very important )
• Sworn affidavit from sponsor stating relationship as father.
• Study leave application and approval letters ( from employer) .
• Professional reference letter addressed to VO.
• Co-Sponsors account statement -Father.
• Letter of sponsorship addressed to VO.
• Birth certificate of siblings
• Police certificate
• Tuition fee payment 1 year
• Landed property of Father

Any guys going to Uwaterloo this sept Fall ( resumption is just around the corner) , please holla back lets hookup ..cant wait to meet you guys on the other side .

Peace
lets keep this forum alive
Hi @binaboi, congrats, I'm going to Uwaterloo this fall, holla back. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2017
humblemoi:

Hi @Abiodunne.

While your case is really beyond comprehension, I'd suggest you send an email to this two email addresses.

1. cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

2. Ahmed.Hussen@parl.gc.ca

An alternative is to order your GCMS notes. There is no harm in doing this. What it does is give you the true state at which your application currently stands. In some cases, it triggers an immigration officer to look for your file and decide on it, should it have been Put Away.

Wishing you the best outcome regardless of the timeline Bro.

Please which people are these?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 9:36am On Aug 30, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Took a few days break from this. I love you guys on this NL, it cracks me up how religious this place can be. From the guy who said its mother Perpetua responsible for the success of his Trv application, to the guy who said it's 12th symbolizing completion. Another woman some weeks back, said its Allah. I don't know. God will have mercy on whom he would have mercy is my general take. Prepare your application well the first time you apply, as if its your last chance. Don't count on success on a second try. But if peradventure you are delayed/denied, refire. If refire doesn't work repeatedly, don't be hell bent on going to Canada.
Don't listen to those on this forum who say giving up is not an option here. Simply because you channel your energy elsewhere doesn't mean you are giving up. Canada is not heaven and once there, you will find out its earth with its own unique struggles and that its not easy and nothing is delivered to you on a platter of gold. Try other things in Nigeria if TRV is not panning out. Don't wallow in self pity. Life takes us different routes to our various successes. Many make it marvelously well in Nigeria, never having stepped a foot outside the country. Nigeria can be a wonderful place too, even more than Canada in my opinion. This is after having lived, worked and studied in the USA for two decades. Nigeria can even be better for those who stay sometimes than those who go to Canada/USA. I returned home from the USA, although doing good financially, I found many of my peers I left behind in Nigeria doing superb as well. Some of them even doing better than me. None that I know among them doing bad. And some of my peers I left back in the USA, are doing bad and having all kinds of marital and financial problems. Whether you end up in Canada, Nigeria or elsewhere, what is important is never stop dreaming and making the best of what you have been given. More importantly, always be close to God cos when all is said and done, all these Canada or Nigeria struggles matter only tiny in comparison of where you spend eternity. Now go and prosper and remember its not all about you and the comforts you are able to build for yourself, its also about others. The debt of an education is to help others and contribute to society. Always remember home. Cheers to all kindred spirits in the journey.

GOD BLESS YOU

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 9:42am On Aug 30, 2017
Moley22:

If it doesn't tally with your previous course of study or recent activities or employment and doesn't show progression and this can only be tackled by a well detailed SOP which should be crosschecked by experienced people.....
Good luck

I'm a sophomore student in university of Ibadan dept. Of classics... But I put in for social work diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by konoplyanka: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2017
DereI:

This is really odd. This is the first time I'm seeing such an application.
Every new application requires a new biometric. And receives a new application number. The only thing that remains the same is the UCI number. Go back to your online application, check for a message that appears below after clicking VIEW on your submitted application. I'm sorry to say this but I sincerely think your application is NOT been processed because you did not do a biometric
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2017
afehin71:

I'm a sophomore student in university of Ibadan dept. Of classics... But I put in for social work diploma
Don't know much, aint no guru
like I said if it tallies very good but if it doesnt you'll still require an authentic SOP showing your driven passion to that field for your Visa application
Take care!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2017
Moley22:

Don't know much, aint no guru
like I said if it tallies very good but if it doesnt you'll still require an authentic SOP showing your driven passion to that field for your Visa application
Take care!

I'm trying to say it doesn't tally at all its totally different and apart... I really don't know how else to develop an SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2017
afehin71:

I'm trying to say it doesn't tally at all its totally different and apart... I really don't know how else to develop an SOP
Honestly you should be willing to draft if its your passion and give an experienced guru to proof read and give you ideas, but if it won't work then you should rather get a new Admission related course to your previous study or work
Play your path, I'm a 'hopefuls' too joor, i wan sip coffee ask gurus
Forgive my grammar grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by humblemoi: 10:39am On Aug 30, 2017
[/color]
emeify:

Please which people are these?
[color=#990000]This is the Case Processing Centre office, Canada.

This is the Minister of Immigration's email address if I am correct still.

You may use both, but best to outline your case in an orderly manner. Such as;

Subject: Application number - Study Permit xx month still ongoing

Body;
UCI
Application number
Date of birth
Visa Office
Category of Visa - TRV

Explain with paragraphs to include - when application was submitted, if any correspondence received, and when Uni is expected to resume.
plead for assistance and close your email.

You should get a response within 48 hours at least.

cheers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2017
glam4444:

Amen!!
Z it paper application.
Did u link it online
I applied a day b4 u

paper, linked, medicals passed. Though wife did medicals (late) just last week for WP. probably that's what is delaying it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2017
TITILOLA88:

Sorry about that bro. However, were you called for medicals on any of the occassions?
Hello house, l am new here. I commend the efforts of those that solve and answer questions. I pray for myself and all trv hopefuls, that it will end in praise. I want to apply for my so next year and I want my family to come with me (husband and two year old daughter). My husband will be sponsoring us, my husband will be applying for open work permit. Is this possible? @ oluswagger, I need your assistance. Can I mail you? Thanks.

yes pls!!. It is possible for your hubby to get work permit. However, major consideration would be that he has sufficient income to settle and feed the entire family over in Canada for at least one year. The home-tie is another thing ...to ensure you guys would return after the study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2017
bronze25:
Please has anyone paid tuition through flywire? How did you go about it using form A.

Flywire is indeed safe, fast and reliable. I paid my fees through flywire on the 28th August through form A in my nigeria bank and flywire sent confirmation to me 29th though I got the receipt of payment same day from my bank through my mail. All you need is to register with them and the rest is history.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2017
Moley22:

Honestly you should be willing to draft if its your passion and give an experienced guru to proof read and give you ideas, but if it won't work then you should rather get a new Admission related course to your previous study or work
Play your path, I'm a 'hopefuls' too joor, i wan sip coffee ask gurus
Forgive my grammar grin

Oya gurus in the house please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2017
But u cant go and do biometric without instruction.The instruction didnt come so hence i cant proceed to Vfs for biometrics.i have sent mails to them no reply.
konoplyanka:

I saw your pm. please contact me on Andyjoseph118@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nellso: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello. Great work everybody. Is there any winter PGC online applicant that has gotten any update from CIC?
God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Flywire is indeed safe, fast and reliable. I paid my fees through flywire on the 28th August through form A in my nigeria bank and flywire sent confirmation to me 29th though I got the receipt of payment same day from my bank through my mail. All you need is to register with them and the rest is history.
Thanks for your response bro, please can you give me more details/step by step procedure of how you paid. Am a little bit confused, don't know if I should create the account first or go to the bank. Please your assistance would be highly appreciated.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CPA01: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2017
humblemoi:
[/color]
[color=#990000]This is the Minister of Immigration's email address if I am correct still.

You may use both, but best to outline your case in an orderly manner. Such as;

Subject: Application number - Study Permit xx month still ongoing

Body;
UCI
Application number
Date of birth
Visa Office
Category of Visa - TRV

Explain with paragraphs to include - when application was submitted, if any correspondence received, and when Uni is expected to resume.
plead for assistance and close your email.

You should get a response within 48 hours at least.

cheers

Bro don't you think sending mails to the minister sound desperate?..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TITILOLA88: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for your reply. That's a relief.
oluswagger:

yes pls!!. It is possible for your hubby to get work permit. However, major consideration would be that he has sufficient income to settle and feed the entire family over in Canada for at least one year. The home-tie is another thing ...to ensure you guys would return after the study.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nolongthang: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello good people,so I went to collect my passport today and saw that my application was refused, well no worries. Now I've got some questions to ask and I'd glad if someone reckons.
* my school resumes by September 5th can I still reapply.
* and how long does it it take to get my documents back after applying for the gcms note.
* also can I apply immediately or is there a time frame after one application is refused.
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2017
oluswagger:

paper, linked, medicals passed. Though wife did medicals (late) just last week for WP. probably that's what is delaying it.

Itz well bro...just kip praying and hoping for the best

It must surely end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nolongthang:
Hello good people,so I went to collect my passport today and saw that my application was refused, well no worries. Now I've got some questions to ask and I'd glad if someone reckons.
* and how long does it it take to get my documents back after applying for the gcms note.
* also can I apply immediately or is there a time frame after one application is refused.
Thanks

1: wait till u get ur gcms notes
2:u were asked to submit only photocopies leaving out SOA nd letters addressed to embassy as originals..xo u won't get ur documents bk....u are only going wit ur passport
3:dere z no tym frame sir but wait till u get ur gcms notes before u can reapply
Sorry for the delay

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
Damsyangel23:
Good morning house ....please my friend helping me with the submission of my document ask me to pay 250CAD for visa n biometric which is 71k plus and I found out from other source it is 56k please how much is it or is there extra charges again that amount to that?
it's 56k in naira if u go by paper route and pay cash, but if u submit online then it might be more than that, like in my case I use pounds to pay someone in UK did that and paying back was around 66k cos of the conversion rate then. Buh it shd be a little lower with USD rate if u can get someone to do that. Also u can conveniently open dorm account and use ur dollar card for the transaction. Again gtbank has increased their naira master card limit to 1000USD per month u can use dat if u have their card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by humblemoi: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
CPA01:

Not at all, not even when you have spent about 6 months with no form of communication nor update. I get the fear, but where you do not get any communication or response after soliciting update regarding your application, you should have no problem escalating it. Do not forget, it is your application, you paid for the service to have it processed, if anything were wrong, you ought to be notified, should timelines be exceeded, you should be adequately communicated to about this. On the other hand, request for your GCMS notes, atleast you will see the transactions done on your profile, especially notes written based on initial assessment with date stamps.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nolongthang:
Thanks

A quick one what course did you apply for and what course did you study as an undergraduate..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nolongthang: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Oben209:

A quick one what course did you apply for and what course did you study as an undergraduate..

I have OND in computer science and I m applying to study digital animation, meanwhile I have been working as an animator for like two years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nolongthang: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2017
glam4444:

1: wait till u get ur gcms notes
2:u were asked to submit only photocopies leaving out SOA nd letters addressed to embassy as originals..xo u won't get ur documents bk....u are only going wit ur passport
3:dere z no tym frame sir but wait till u get ur gcms notes before u can reapply
Sorry for the delay

Appreciate. Still blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Damsyangel23(f): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Thanks so much .....please can i get your number
Sugaro:
it's 56k in naira if u go by paper route and pay cash, but if u submit online then it might be more than that, like in my case I use pounds to pay someone in UK did that and paying back was around 66k cos of the conversion rate then. Buh it shd be a little lower with USD rate if u can get someone to do that. Also u can conveniently open dorm account and use ur dollar card for the transaction. Again gtbank has increased their naira master card limit to 1000USD per month u can use dat if u have their card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obtwice(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2017
Thank U for ur kindness... God bless u richly.... Amen..... i need ur advice....i hv my admission offer from concordia uni. for fall 2017 n my CAQ letter but i cant meet up d date cos of d CAQ delay n my wedding if defer wld loose the admission n wld have to re-apply for admission....do i stil go ahead with the visa process or re-apply cos my CAQ is still valid and i hv written to the school for another deferment. Thanks wld ppreciate ur detailed reponse.....

Been a while. I trust you're all doing well, and keeping Faith Alive! It will end in Praise, worry not! smiley

So, I am here again to give back.
Anyone coming to Montreal for the Fall Semester 2017, for studies, and require assistance with settling down. From the Airport pick up to being comfortable here, can reach out to me.
I have been privileged to do this for new students, a couple of times now (As this was the same way people I met on this forum assisted me back then too, at no cost).

Just let me know if you require pick up, assistance with settling in, navigating your way to school and getting the right information.
Don't worry, it's for FREE! At no cost at all! Please note that I'm not doing this, to ask you to bring anything for me.

As earlier mentioned, I believe this is my way of giving back, and God willing, I'll do better as the year progresses. Amen!

PS: Please brace up for the Fall/Winter Season. Looks like it's going to be really cold this time. As we had little or no Summer at all. Especially in Montreal. So we don't know what the rest of the year holds, but we hope for the best. Don't worry, when you come in, you can shop for Winter. But a Fall Jacket wouldn't be bad for now.

Have a safe trip. And once again I wish all TRV hopefuls the best. smiley

I forgot to mention: You can also reach out to me if you intend to study in Montreal, and yet to secure your Admission/Visa. Whatever, Information you require, I am happy to assist at no cost too. Or direct you to the right source. Thank you![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obtwice(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
Thank U for ur kindness and support... God bless u richly.... Amen..... i need ur advice....i hv my admission offer from concordia uni. for fall 2017 n my CAQ letter but i cant meet up d date cos of d CAQ delay n my wedding if defer wld loose the admission n wld have to re-apply for admission....do i stil go ahead with the visa process or re-apply cos my CAQ is still valid and i hv written to the school for another deferment. Thanks wld appreciate ur detailed reponse.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by careerwoman(f): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
CPA01:

Hello.. I think @Abiodunne's application is extraordinary and the long wait is odd.. It's not the usual time frame so I guess he would lose nothing if he writes Accra or the Minister of Immigration. It simply means that you're confident and that you know what you want.
*My previous experience*
When I submitted my second TRV app for a visit visa, I wrote the embassy a few times because it was two weeks to my intended travel date and I didn't want to miss the conference. I also tweeted the political counsellor at the high commission in Abuja a few times and she replied my tweets. I got the visa in 15days. After the conference, she wrote me a mail to come for an appointment at the embassy so that she could hear about my Conference experience. In essence, there is no harm writing if you feel the need to as long as you're genuine and you put in a detailed app. Wishing all TRV hopefuls success in their application. It is well..

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.