Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837477 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ogunesan(m): 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I just got to Winnipeg now now sef..... I need to sleep bro

thank God for the journey mercy...you really need the sleep bro,tomorrow is going to be a long day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by YoungJ61: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
Damsyangel23:
Good morning house ....please my friend helping me with the submission of my document ask me to pay 250CAD for visa n biometric which is 71k plus and I found out from other source it is 56k please how much is it or is there extra charges again that amount to that?

I was charge N79,400 for my online application but thinks paper route should be around N56,000....depending on your choice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Application approved

Paper route
Applied Dec 6 , 2016
Medical mail and new LOA February 2017
Application denied May 3 2017
Application re-opened May 5 2017
Medical mail again August 14
Medical done August 15
Passport request 24
Approval mail August 30
8 months 24days

Msc Computer science

I was denied USA visa twice , UK once and Canada once

But my life is just Joel 2 : 25 to 26

God is faithful

Congrats!! Why was the reopened after denial?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
Alantobie:
Hello guys. So I just received my gcms note and from reading it, just a silly mistake stopped me from going to Canada this fall. The note said that bank statement show recent lump sum deposits of unknown source. I checked the bank statement submitted and saw that yeah 5 million was transferred to the account some days before I submitted. So please what is the solution to this issue? All the gurus in the house I need your help.

This is very easy to handle. If you have the money, just pay your one year school fees and transfer living expenses for one year into Canada. That will stop them cold in their tracks. Otherwise give them a more recent bank statement that shows the continued availability of the lump sum in the account and history of outflow and inflow of money into your account. Explain in your SOP the sources of any lump sums and why you are getting the lump sums.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JD123(m): 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hello, Please, I need help.

I am a graduate of FUTA with a 2.8 gpa in Civil Engineering.

I hope to do my masters in economics in canada.

I was told I cant cross like that to economics and more so, my gpa is low.

And they told me that good unis cant accept me. My question is 'is there any pre master or pgd program that can grant me an entry into a very good uni if i perform well'.

Please i really need your advice on this , I want to do my masters at a world reputable university.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by BRANDYAK: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ohcanada:
Please guys, he had made up my mind but he still needs some brotherly and sisterly advice. My brother studied French and International relations. He is working as a classroom teacher in a school.

If you were in his shoes, what course would you apply for Masters in Canada

I'm waiting for your responses.

He can go for international development, journalism, anything related to peace keeping, human resource management.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2017
jnyuwa02:

This is very easy to handle. If you have the money, just pay your one year school fees and transfer living expenses for one year into Canada. That will stop them cold in their tracks. Otherwise give them a more recent bank statement that shows the continued availability of the lump sum in the account and history of outflow and inflow of money into your account. Explain in your SOP the sources of any lump sums and why you are getting the lump sums.

Thank you for your reply. I was planning to pay a year tuition fee and transfer living expenses to a dorm account created in my name. Is that good enough and will there be any issue with the dorm account newly created?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
Alantobie:

Thank you for your reply. I was planning to pay a year tuition fee and transfer living expenses to a dorm account created in my name. Is that good enough and will there be any issue with the dorm account newly created?

That would be perfect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
JD123:
Hello, Please, I need help.

I am a graduate of FUTA with a 2.8 gpa in Civil Engineering.

I hope to do my masters in economics in canada.

I was told I cant cross like that to economics and more so, my gpa is low.

And they told me that good unis cant accept me. My question is 'is there any pre master or pgd program that can grant me an entry into a very good uni if i perform well'.

Please i really need your advice on this , I want to do my masters at a world reputable university.

Hello boss,

Who is or are they?

You dont put what matters to you in the hands of "they" without doing your own bit.

Go to google, make it your best friend and see if you wont find answers that would help you.

If you search and still cant get a good result, come back here with your findings so that people can advise you based on your findings.

This also goes to the newbies, the era of spoonfeeding is coming to a close gradually. Use google or any other website, search for that which matters to your case, then come back here with your results for guidance. That saves everyone including you time and energy.

I wish us well...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
Alantobie:
Hello guys. So I just received my gcms note and from reading it, just a silly mistake stopped me from going to Canada this fall. The note said that bank statement show recent lump sum deposits of unknown source. I checked the bank statement submitted and saw that yeah 5 million was transferred to the account some days before I submitted. So please what is the solution to this issue? All the gurus in the house I need your help.

Hello boss,

Explain the lump sum's origin.

Or better still go with what @jnyuwa said.

The solution to your case is easy.

Godspeed and favour boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
Rocorleone:
Preparation is going fine!
I don't even know wah to get sef.
RN I've only got food items that's all. Not even all sef. I'm still observing.
I really don't know anyother prep jho.
God bless you'll

Well what I know you should go with is

1) God
2) You
3) Your documents including passport
4) My garri
5) The rest of your stuff including your christmas clothes and shoe grin

I hope this helps...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

Explain the lump sum's origin.

Or better still go with what @jnyuwa said.

The solution to your case is easy.

Godspeed and favour boss.

Thank you boss for replying. I will go with what @jnyuwa suggested because that's what I was planning to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JD123(m): 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2017
Well, I have researched many institutions and they seem to require a 3.0 minimum gpa,just asking here in case someone have had a similar issue.

More so, my question is that is it possible to use pgd or pre master to cover for your degree inadequacies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dotmons: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
I used this platform for tuition payment about this time last year, and its a lovely experience. Its a wonderful platform. All you need is to include all your details matching your info with the school. It may take a week or two, but its a secured platform for paying tuition fee.

bronze25:
Please has anyone paid tuition through flywire? How did you go about it using form A.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
BRANDYAK:

He can go for international development, journalism, anything related to peace keeping, human resource management.

THANKS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
I was told to send new LOA and do medical , i forwarded it to CIC via mail given to me and i got auto reply

But i was denied , VO stated that i did not comply to their request

So sent a mail to them and attached auto reply i got when i sent it to them

3days after Application reopened

jnyuwa02:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbsunmonu: 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
I was told to send new LOA and do medical , i forwarded it to CIC via mail given to me and i got auto reply

But i was denied , VO stated that i did not comply to their request

So sent a mail to them and attached auto reply i got when i sent it to them

3days after Application reopened
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lovesavvi: 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
Alantobie:
pls how long does your gcms take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
dotmons:
I used this platform for tuition payment about this time last year, and its a lovely experience. Its a wonderful platform. All you need is to include all your details matching your info with the school. It may take a week or two, but its a secured platform for paying tuition fee.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
CPA01:

Bro don't you think sending mails to the minister sound desperate?..

I think it depends on the content of your mail... I wrote to him and he responded even thought the response looks like auto response, but my application was updated for the first time since may and I got a medical mail... It may not be because of the mail though, but it happened after the mail, so I will be right if I say writing him doesn't connote desperation... My thought anyway

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

Who is or are they?

You dont put what matters to you in the hands of "they" without doing your own bit.

Go to google, make it your best friend and see if you wont find answers that would help you.

If you search and still cant get a good result, come back here with your findings so that people can advise you based on your findings.

This also goes to the newbies, the era of spoonfeeding is coming to a close gradually. Use google or any other website, search for that which matters to your case, then come back here with your results for guidance. That saves everyone including you time and energy.

I wish us well...

Daddy has spoken... hope you don arrange your garri warehouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
Jejelaye01:

Flywire portal is very friendly. All you need do is register with a valid email and password and you are good to go. After registration, u select the name of your school and click on start payment.
You input the amount you want to pay in a box and you are asked in subsequent column the mode of payment ranging from payment with card to payment with form A in dollars, pounds or exact amount in canadian dollars.
If you are paying with form A, You click form A and the conversion is done for you by the system. Once you click continue to payment, your payment instructions appears and it's also sent to your mail (the mail you use in registering).
Its this payment instruction you will take to your bank along side your passport, your undergraduate certificate, nysc, ur admission letter and also a kind of authorization letter from your school.
With the above you are good to go.
But note that the payment instructions from flywire to your bank will expire after 72hours.

Please pardon my tenses.
Much appreciation. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Application approved

Paper route
Applied Dec 6 , 2016
Medical mail and new LOA February 2017
Application denied May 3 2017
Application re-opened May 5 2017
Medical mail again August 14
Medical done August 15
Passport request 24
Approval mail August 30
8 months 24days

Msc Computer science

God is faithful
Congratulations, 8months no joke at all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2017
lovesavvi:
pls how long does your gcms take

Mine took 28 days but it's normally 30 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 11:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Sugaro:
kk, so CIC decided to consider purpose of visit. No p, in God we trust! It shall end in praise.

@Sugaro...CIC decided to consider purpose of visit? Whose application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
abestine:

I think it depends on the content of your mail... I wrote to him and he responded even thought the response looks like auto response, but my application was updated for the first time since may and I got a medical mail... It may not be because of the mail though, but it happened after the mail, so I will be right if I say writing him doesn't connote desperation... My thought anyway
Bro.. .i just pm you. Please kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Bro.. .i just pm you. Please kindly respond. Thanks

I have responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kemdy97: 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
Unbanplease22:

UofM too but applied for January session
Have you linked your app online
You should be in possession of your application details not an agent
Please I'll send you a DM once i get unbanned of my real account, thanks bro

Seriously I tire oooh..... But I don't wanna push or stress it.. Please lets chat on whatsap...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:10am On Aug 31, 2017
gbsunmonu:
Application approved
Paper route Applied Dec 6 , 2016 Medical mail and new LOA February 2017 Application denied May 3 2017 Application re-opened May 5 2017 Medical mail again August 14 Medical done August 15 Passport request 24 Approval mail August 30 8 months 24days
Msc Computer science
God is faithful
congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 12:20am On Aug 31, 2017
Hello Maroc staff(s)/customers,

Aside checked in luggage, Is backpack allowd alongside hand luggage?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 12:34am On Aug 31, 2017
Arebo:

@Sugaro...CIC decided to consider purpose of visit? Whose application?
Mine, not convinced I will leave Canada at end of mi studies hence considered purpose of visit! Life goes on

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.