Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827825 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by skylar2020(f): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ope100:
That's the correct address, and yes go with cash.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
Smile4mee01:
I must say, it's looking tougher by the day to get into canada.

I have been waiting for admission into university in canada for months now. I am thinking is it possible to get a Canada tourist visa, get in there and convert it to Study VISA. This is because it does take a long time to get visa approved from nigeria. I hear a decision on one's application is reached within days abroad. Why is Nigeria so different?

Hello boss,

Please see the links below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15

and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

If any of the conditions stated there applies to you, you can. Else, you have to apply from Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone. I want to find out...from which amount of money is considered as a lump sum in one's statement of account. And how many months should money be in an account to not be considered as money lodging
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
Alantobie:
Hi everyone. I want to find out...from which amount of money is considered as a lump sum in one's statement of account. And how many months should money be in an account to not be considered as money lodging
An amount Mabe above 500k . Also if u have not had such amount deposited in your account in the past and suddenly immediately before ur application such money was deposited in your account. Usually you should have ur full money in you account for at least 3 months so as to be on the safe side.but if there is good inflow and out flow on ur statment then 1 to 2 months should do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bumaye: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
Austinpee4:

You have nothing to worry over. Do not allow fear grip you. The main thing is your HIGHEST level of qualification which should be your degree(if you are going for a graduate program).It was on that premise you were offered admission. You have filled this on your application form and as long as you have shown evidence of it, you are fine.

Let me even try to make you calm down further, You see, if actually there will be an issue with the error, it will be an issue of misrepresentation which is highly unlikely in your case and according to their immigration law, an officer before making a decision MUST ask and allow the applicant a chance to explain the circumstance through a 'Letter of procedural fairness'. So if atall that issue comes up, you will be given a chance to explain or and possibly back your claim.

Don't shiver. You are fine. Online applicants don't use the questionnaire and their applications are processed and a decision made.

thanks a lot boss..that's really reassuring..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
5454Darese:

An amount Mabe above 500k . Also if u have not had such amount deposited in your account in the past and suddenly immediately before ur application such money was deposited in your account. Usually you should have ur full money in you account for at least 3 months so as to be on the safe side.but if there is good inflow and out flow on ur statment then 1 to 2 months should do.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
beckycute1:
Hello all.. I applied for a PGD with Selkirk College and they reverted saying I have more than the 4 year gap required after 1st Degree.

Is this rule applicable to other Canadian schools for PGD..

I have a 3.49 cgpa and it will be difficult getting into a direct masters programme.

I need the gurus advice pls

@beckycute1

No it is not a general rule i was also denied admission with same reasons but later got offer with 3 different colleges

Please try centenniel, fanshawe etc depending on your intended programe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mayorelnino(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
good evening gurus. I went through the thread and I have sent a lot of good work done. welldone to you all. pls I have just been refused visa although before I came across this thread. now I am thinking of reapplying but my sponsors account is now below 5m slightly above 4m and it is not even up to 6months I want to reapply am good to go. I need advice pls. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
mayorelnino:
good evening gurus. I went through the thread and I have sent a lot of good work done. welldone to you all. pls I have just been refused visa although before I came across this thread. now I am thinking of reapplying but my sponsors account is now below 5m slightly above 4m and it is not even up to 6months I want to reapply am good to go. I need advice pls. Thanks.

Share your profile that is, your proposed program,your previous academic qualifications, tuition fee, and documents you're looking to apply with. Then the folks on here will take it from there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
bumaye:
need reassurance because I have been freaking out for the past 2 hrs.
on my Canada questionnaire they asked to write down our academic history. I wrote down only one school meanwhile I attended two. one from 2004 to 2010. the other to write waec. I ended up writing the one I attended last, also adding that I attended the school from 2005 to 2011. I don't even know what u was thinking when I did all these but it has been done. I have sent them email and they replied that if they situation comes up they will get back to me. I am so scared right now. please help me with any other suggestions.

If I told you what you did was wrong and the CIC would be mad with you for that, what will you do?

Relax bro! You've submitted your application and the best you can do is pray to God for the best. To be realistic, that is not a material misstatement/omission. And if they find out about it, they probably would cut you some slack. There's no such thing as a perfect application, we only try our best not to make mistakes. Even the CIC once apologized to me for making mistake on one of my applications. So again I say to you, relax! The worse thing you can do to yourself right now is to accept defeat because of that error you made. Forget about it, and hope for the best.

But if however you keep having troubles and don't have peace, you could fill out a web form to correct it. Just search for "cic web form". The web form is used to make enquiry about your application and to provide more information to the CIC about your application.

I wish you Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Please I can I reach out to you and maziude and
Austinepee, nothing serious just something light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
bbclue:

Please let us be patient causing someone of what we are not sure of is wrong

Firstly. ....the said guy wrote that he saw confirmation email and tracking number so what else all he needs now is to send them a remainder email and am sure they will respond to him immediately

Secondly......I used gcmsnow my friend pay for me from USA and he used my email and a confirmation email and tracking number was send to me.....of which I send them email two days ago they reply me wetin some hours that it takes 30 to 40 days to process...

It is well....IGEOLUWATOBI if you can defend your self why not come in here and let the honourable house no the outcome.......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
bbclue:

Please let us be patient causing someone of what we are not sure of is wrong

Firstly. ....the said guy wrote that he saw confirmation email and tracking number so what else all he needs now is to send them a remainder email and am sure they will respond to him immediately

Secondly......I used gcmsnow my friend pay for me from USA and he used my email and a confirmation email and tracking number was send to me.....of which I send them email two days ago they reply me wetin some hours that it takes 30 to 40 days to process...

It is well....IGEOLUWATOBI if you can defend your self why not come in here and let the honourable house no the outcome.......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
A reminder mail aint working either..the Tobi Ige guy discouraged me from ordering from gcmsnow.com..that people who use the site dont get their full reasons for denial. I should have known better but its all good...this is just a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
[quote author=Adesire1 post=60661426]A reminder mail aint working either..the Tobi Ige guy discouraged me from ordering from gcmsnow.com..that people who use the site dont get their full reasons for denial. I should have known better but its all good...this is just a lesson.[/quote

Forget about the Tobi Ige guy and focus on reapply with or without the gcms notes. But take ur time and handle all areas of your app before submitting this time.

Sometimes, we require assistance from others for even the smallest of things we can do ourselves but this kind of persons are the MAIN reasons we should exercise more caution when dealing with faceless people because even the relatives we know sometimes do betray us as well.

I tell people all the time, Canada is worth the try a million times if not for anything but for the possibility of enjoying the privilege that comes with a first class country citizenship or permanent residency .

Issues of refusals usually bother around funds, family ties and purpose of visit, if one can handle these areas very well, travel history will not raise any ugly head.

Wishing all TRV hopefuls plus myself all our heart desires to join our predecessors in canny land.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obago(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
obago:
Good day everyone, I graduated this year with a second class lower . Will it be difficult going for masters program in Canada . I'm a law graduate . I was told Canada hardly accept second class lower.
What are my chances ? If there are other alternatives please inform me .

I need response please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Adesire1:
A reminder mail aint working either..the Tobi Ige guy discouraged me from ordering from gcmsnow.com..that people who use the site dont get their full reasons for denial. I should have known better but its all good...this is just a lesson.

√√This sounds amazing to my hearing. This same fellow by name IGEOLUWATOBI chatted me as at when i was refused in July to be precise. He introduced me to a guy that will order my note. The guy he linked me up with assured me that I'll get my note before 30 days. That i should pay later when my note must have arrived to me.
He strongly discouraged me from using www.gcmsnow.com. He told me i won't get my not if i should use GCMSNOW.

√√√ But thank God for Austinpee4, I came here and asked questions, if anyone here ever had issues with GCMS

Cc: Austinpee4. Thanks for your guidance. If not i would have been amongst those shouting " IGEOLUWATOBI! IGEOLUWATOBI WHERE IS MY NOTE?"

√√√√ Please lets always come here and ask questions before taking any step, which might cause us a lot and let's be careful of those who send money for application fees,gcmsnote etc...
Don't be shy, speak out!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
bbclue:

I will advised that u should please order for your gcmsnote from gcmsnow.com......just forget about he time spend
Thank you for your concern but dont you think its rather late to request for a new one? Considering the timing to resume by Jan...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
Dear all,
Please I am about to apply for my permit. Is it necessary to include originals of my certificates and credentials? I see that they are demanding it but I'd like to skip that if it isn't necessary.
Also, who else is going to uwo. Please I need to ask some questions
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
@All

Please nobody should post 3rd party GCMS note website here again, use https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

I'm going to add the official website to first page now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
ogirl1:
Dear all,
Please I am about to apply for my permit. Is it necessary to include originals of my certificates and credentials? I see that they are demanding it but I'd like to skip that if it isn't necessary.
Also, who else is going to uwo. Please I need to ask some questions
Thanks.

Only photocopies are to required by CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MedellinCartel(m): 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hello house. If you are told that your visa is ready for collection ar the VFS(without medicals).

What does it signify

Please I need an urgent reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
Arebo:
Seems people are coming out to talk now, and y'all are getting my points exactly, this moniker in question...IGEOLUWATOBI sent me a mail this morning insulting that I am seeking attention for posting about him, I have checked his previous posts on this thread, found nothing, except for where he was asking how he could get information on Us & Canada visa, for someone wanting to help with gcms note, he isn't even in Canada, bothers me, I find it really unfair & wicked, after wAiting for reasons for denial & then discovering that nothing was ordered, we should get to the bottom of this, someone said he paid 41$, this is getting serious.....let's hear from someone else.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ohcanada:
Hello house. If you are told that your visa is ready for collection ar the VFS(without medicals).

What does it signify

Please I need an urgent reply.

Is it Visa or Passport!

Anyway, I assume you mean passport. Without approval mail, medical mail, it doesn't look good but best of luck.

Go pick it up and share your profile with us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hi. Pls how does one's sponsor go about explaining any recent sum of money in his or her account. Do she have to write in her letter of sponsorship or a new letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
Steveobasi34:
IGEOLUWATOBI If found guilty of all claims levied against you, I curse you, your family and your unborn generation, the pains and sorrow and disappointment you've caused people shall be multiplied in hundred folds in your entire life and future generations. Because of the Joy you've taken from people you, your family and generations to come shall know no peace, happiness, love, kindness and all that's good. REMEMBER THIS DAY.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked chineke mo....take it easy bros
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thanks
jnyuwa02:

Only photocopies are to required by CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Alantobie:
Hi. Pls how does one's sponsor go about explaining any recent sum of money in his or her account. Do she have to write in her letter of sponsorship or a new letter?

First you should understand what a lump sum is as it relates to visa processing. Lump sum is not general to everyone. A deposit of 25m in an account that receives 30m weekly would not be considered a lump sum. That is why embassies ask for up to 6 months bank statement, so they could see the transactions that went through the account before the date it was printed and also what made up the final balance. So if in the first 5 months of a 6-month period bank statement, the total transaction was less than 2m, and in the last 1 month, 5m was deposited into the account, for sure such account would be flagged, except an explanation and evidence is provided about where the money came from. And most of the time, the deposits that get flagged are the ones that were made just few days to when the statement was printed.

So check your sponsor's statement, if there's a very good turnover, you shouldn't worry. For instance in my own case, my sponsor had a turnover of about 600m, and there were multiple huge sums (like 5m, 10m) entering and leaving the account at a time, I didn't worry about it. His balance was just about 5m or so.

If on the contrary the account has not been so active, and a huge sum hits the account, she may need to talk about where the money came from in her sponsorship letter. Perhaps she had to sell a piece of land, properties, or had to get a loan for your studies. Another example, I know someone that had to get a loan of about 4m in his account, and he explained in his letter that he had to sell a piece of land, he evidenced his claim with receipts and documents from a lawyer, and it worked out well for him.

I hope this helps.

I wish you goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Promise005: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
Good evening house, wow I have really learnt a lot from this forum. Kudos to everyone keeping this page alive. I really wish I had discovered it on time. Please what can I do ? I was refused my trv in April this year on purpose of visit and travel history. I applied to university of Regina for an undergraduate. In my application I omitted the fact that I have been refused American visa twice I didn't realise the gravity of this omission until I stumbled upon this thread. Luckily for me I wasn't banned or anything like that. I want to re apply and state my refusals in this new application. I know they already have my records in their database. Please, what can I do? Will it affect me ? Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.