Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827839 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by miki001(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
Abeg wat does pm.mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
MedellinCartel:
Wow! You're in the spirit!! Can we connect outside NL? Can I pm you?

Not a problem, feel free to pm me!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by miki001(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
make una show me love na am new here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
miki001:
let some one help me with the admin number
pls am an undergraduate from uniben 300 level on a second class upper and want to do.my master on psychology in Canada any advice for me
Why not exercise more patience and work harder to maintain your current grade till you finish, read up information here as well as on google for your preferred course and then when the time comes, it will be an easy sail for you. You still have a year to complete your program. You will need to excel very well in your concluding year to also give you a great chance to secure admission in Canada. So focus on that, find useful info for your intended program in Canada and when the tine comes, you will get all the help you need.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
miki001:

The Admin we have is call uncle justwise. ....and you can pm him if he will response because he is a busy man......you can as well asked the honourable house your questions.....if anybody knows it you will receive a response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hello house...concerning the gcms notes i ordered from ige oluwatobi....it came in now after bonbarding dem with several mails yesteday, today makes it 46 days....i dont think the site is a scam as some one painted it yesteday saying it was a clone of gcmsnow.com....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rimdans: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hi! Please i am sorry to bother you all
I need the contact of the official that can help with Police clearance certificate in Abuja urgently. I know it has been put on here before and i have looked for it all to avail. Please help out anyone!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MedellinCartel(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
oluswagger:

Speaking officially:
You can self sponsor your study. However, I'm suspecting the VO would look at your records (years and salary level) of your employment for you to arrive at the (large) amount of money you claim to have ...people don't just come about money without source. In the alternative, you must show that there would be A sustaining source of income during your study.

Speaking from me to you:
Bros, am not gonna lie to you. If no one is willing to help. You may have to help yourself regarding the account o. If you know what I mean. Add that to the fact that you must produce pay slips and letter of employment that justifies the money you claim to have. But again, I trust you'd be able to sort yourself now that you have the knowledge.

Bro please can I've ur email address?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
Margs:
Hi everyone.

Can someone please give a quick review on UCW? Someone recommended it to me here a few weeks ago and I have been speaking with the school. However, I stumbled on some really negative press on the school from about 5 years ago (2012/2013). Is anyone studying there? What is their reputation like? Can it get you a good job in Canada?

Secondly, colleges and PGD/certificates in Canada? Are they worth it?

Background: I have to take one of these routes cos I has a 3rd class in Uni. I have over 12 years experience but I really want a masters in Finance. Doesn't seem likely with these grades. I am not keen on the EE route for two reasons: timing and I really want to study. Even if settlement is part of the plan.

Apologies for the length of this. Can the gurus please help?

Thanks!

EE is cool and your reasons for not liking it isn't enough as via EE you can still study (this time not as an international student which will in turn save you lots of money from tuition), also the time too is more or less the same (that's if you look at some case where some people's trv application take about 6 months and above and still no news from cic). The ball is in your court though but to me I think you should stick to EE and you won't regret it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
miki001:
pm = personal message. I welcome you on behalf of @justwise and all other honorable members of this great thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
mcobex:
pm = personal message. I welcome you on behalf of @justwise and all other honorable members of this great thread
please how can i send a stand alone message without quoting some one. Finally my review of Eligibilty started this morning AFTER 15 WEEKS. i have learnt to align my plan to His Plans...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
maygreaves:

please how can i send a stand alone message without quoting some one. Finally my review of Eligibilty started this morning AFTER 15 WEEKS. i have learnt to align my plan to His Plans...
click on "REPLY" it is below the page (where the page number is)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Margs(f): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
mcobex:
EE is cool and your reasons for not liking it isn't enough as via EE you can still study (this time not as an international student which will in turn save you lots of money from tuition), also the time too is more or less the same (that's if you look at some case where some people's trv application take about 6 months and above and still no news from cic). The ball is in your court though but to me I think you should stick to EE and you won't regret it
This got me thinking....but I hear EE takes 18 months. At least with the degree will happen in September 2018 (binding and casting evil trv)! But I will explore EE again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
justwise:

People have to sort that out themselves and find a way of paying for GCMS, we are not going to recommend anybody or any other website apart from the official one.

Trust no Nigerian with your money.

You're right sir!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Adesire1:
Hello house...concerning the gcms notes i ordered from ige oluwatobi....it came in now after bonbarding dem with several mails yesteday, today makes it 46 days....i dont think the site is a scam as some one painted it yesteday saying it was a clone of gcmsnow.com....

It takes 30 days or less to get your GCMS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Margs:

This got me thinking....but I hear EE takes 18 months. At least with the degree will happen in September 2018 (binding and casting evil trv)! But I will explore EE again.
Those who go through EE route undergo extensive background checks, verification of docs etc. Sometimes, it takes nearly 2 years if they're from countries or regions that are poorly developed i.e countries with inefficient law enforcement agencies it's difficult verifying criminal records etc. Refugees are sometimes exceptions since they're fleeing conflict and potential loss of life.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
mcobex:
click on "REPLY" it is below the page (where the page number is)
Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
VeecThorr:

Those who go through EE route undergo extensive background checks, verification of docs etc. Sometimes, it takes nearly 2 years if they're from countries or regions that are poorly developed i.e countries with inefficient law enforcement agencies it's difficult verifying criminal records etc. Refugees are sometimes exceptions since they're fleeing conflict and potential loss of life.

I disagree sir. CIC has promised to process EE applications within 6 months, and they've been doing that. I do not mean some applications don't exceed that processing time, just as some study permit applications also exceed the normal processing time, but it is not as tough as people paint it to be. And the scores are dropping too. They selected as low as 433 a few weeks ago. I understand it used to take a very long time before now, but it takes just 6 months or less mow.

Our people should start thinking of other ways to come to Canada. Why should someone with 5 years or more experience in a NOC A or O struggle with study permit application when you could just write English exam, get your credentials assessed and apply for EE?

Are you also aware you could get an employer-specific work permit if you intend to work for yourself in Canada. That is, if you intend to establish your own business in Canada. This route is for creative minds. And the good news is you don't even need to show some crazy funds, and it is pretty straight forward. So if you have some money to start up a small business here, and you are industrious and have the entrepreneurial spirit, why struggle with study permit?

Are you also aware you could come to Canada as a PR if you have at least two years experience in some kinds of business of your own. Businesses that promote Canada's cultural and traditional heritage. For instance a visual and/or graphics artist, a performing art person, etc.

Although I speak of what I know and have personally witnessed, and not what I heard or read from some thread, but please don't take my words for it, do your due diligence, all the information you need is on CIC site. READ, READ AND READ!!!

The thing with Canada is, they want people, in fact they need people. They just want a quality and fair immigration process. They want those coming for studies to study, those coming for work to work and those coming to Live to live. They don't want people to cheat on the immigration system. Every month CIC invites thousands of people to apply for PR through EE. They reduce the scores and do all sort, just to attract people. Look for what fits your situation and go for it.

Professionals like accountants can come to Canada on a study permit through professional bodies. For instance, accountants can come for Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) program. Some of these professional bodies are designated by CIC to accept international students, and the truth is, without such designations, you wouldn't be able to climb up your professional ladder to the very top, to make cool dollars. So it's like killing 2 birds with just 1 stone.

Information is key to coming to Canada and also succeeding in Canada. Get the right information.

Sorry I didn't give the long post warning...............I didn't intend to write this much. Just thought there would be less people applying for study permits if people have good information and know other (better) ways of coming to Canada. It would benefit them and also benefit those who have no other means of coming to Canada aside through study permits. Study permit processing time would reduce, the scrutiny would reduce as well. So in the end it would be a win-win, everyone would be happy.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by irohak: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sorry I couldn't reply your email.
If I may ask, when did your submit your application?
Try to link your apps at midnight or better still relax a little bit, that is if your apps has just been submitted lately.

Hi Bay,
I actually submitted my application on the 8th of August 2017. When can I likely from CIC?
And thanks your advise worked the very next day i tried linking my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
Please house,
Does CIC review eligibility before medical call?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
obago:

I think I am going to have a problem getting a sponsor . My dad does not have up to #5M in his account now . Are there other options to get a sponsor outside my family ?
Getting a sponsor I think will be the difficult part for me . An agent informed me that he can actually get a sponsor for me . I don't know whether that will be possible

My candid advice, be careful with agents. Lots of them arrange fake bank statements, and that may land you in a very big trouble. Your sponsor could be a 3rd party. Talk to your dad to help you speak with a couple of his friends, perhaps any of them would be willing to help you out as a co-sponsor, while you retain your dad as the primary sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by larrytorch(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
miki001:
Abeg wat does pm.mean

Private message.

go to the person's profile and click on send mail. If the person is interested in replying, he/she will do so thru mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Promise005: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Good evening house, wow I have really learnt a lot from this forum. Kudos to everyone keeping this page alive. I really wish I had discovered it on time. Please what can I do ? I was refused my trv in April this year on purpose of visit and travel history. I applied to university of Regina for an undergraduate. In my application I omitted the fact that I have been refused American visa twice I didn't realise the gravity of this omission until I stumbled upon this thread. Luckily for me I wasn't banned or anything like that. I want to re apply and state my refusals in this new application. I know they already have my records in their database. Please, what can I do? Will it affect me ? Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
Promise005:
Good evening house, wow I have really learnt a lot from this forum. Kudos to everyone keeping this page alive. I really wish I had discovered it on time. Please what can I do ? I was refused my trv in April this year on purpose of visit and travel history. I applied to university of Regina for an undergraduate. In my application I omitted the fact that I have been refused American visa twice I didn't realise the gravity of this omission until I stumbled upon this thread. Luckily for me I wasn't banned or anything like that. I want to re apply and state my refusals in this new application. I know they already have my records in their database. Please, what can I do? Will it affect me ? Thank u

No it won't. Make it straight. It's the best.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by obago(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
ayooluwatoni:

My candid advice, be careful with agents. Lots of them arrange fake bank statements, and that may land you in a very big trouble. Your sponsor could be a 3rd party. Talk to your dad to help you speak with a couple of his friends, perhaps any of them would be willing to help you out as a co-sponsor, while you retain your dad as the primary sponsor.

Hmm...Big trouble like jail ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
obago:

5 year ban or lifetime ban if you get caught.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
obago:

Lol. Like 5 years ban.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Promise005: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
ayooluwatoni:

Thanks you !!

No it won't. Make it straight. It's the best.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by earthgreeners(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
Jejelaye01:

It depends on what you mean by "boring city" and individual motives.......

Regards.

Forget sermon and motive, Regina is a boring city.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.