Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827096 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
guzenaira:

Prof. Maziude,

I presume you are married, what God has join together let nobody put a break. smiley

BTW, leaving my wife will be kind of difficult most especially being a loving and industrious woman.

Taking a break for sometime is not a bad idea but my brother, aside all I said above, it's tough when you reason other things added on to it.

We need to weigh the options and go for what suits you and be ready to pay the price like the issue at hand.

But the best is to let your family stay behind and join you later.

If you think your financial heft can stands the scrutiny of a VO, by all means apply with your family. It's a calculated risk you should take if you feel you can adequately document your financial ability before a VO for the upkeep of a family in Canada. Be also prepared to show ties in land and asset back in Nigeria. Many have done so successfully. Don't be afraid, go with your gut wrenching feelings. More importantly, pray! Best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
maziude:

hallecks@qq.com
Thank you! Please is the police certificate compulsory? I submitted it in my first application nd planning to re apply next week without it because it is over 3 months..can i use it like that or rather not submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
Adesire1:

Thank you! Please is the police certificate compulsory? I submitted it in my first application nd planning to re apply next week without it because it is over 3 months..can i use it like that or rather not submit?

I did not submit during my application and I applied online.

If you have it, please do submit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
maziude:

You don start oh...You no even make me understand sef... Make i catch you for area first...

Don't worry the young shall grow, lol. I am finding for myself the prettiest girl in Nigeria to follow me come Canada to fight you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Don't worry the young shall grow, lol. I am finding for myself the prettiest girl in Nigeria to follow me come fight you!

I dey wait una... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Any update on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
maziude:

I dey road after @Austinpee.... grin
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
maziude:

I dey wait una... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Any update on your application?

I kill with my bare knuckles, haha, just joking. No updates with my application and that is fine by me. Not desperate! Nigeria has been good to me and happy to make the experience last a little bit more!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Promise005: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
Austinpee4:

Any identification document will be okay.

THANKS U
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by funshow247(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
guzenaira:

What kind of response do you get?

How often do you send them mail?

If you send too much mail, then there is possibility they blacklist your mail address.

Try using another mail address but if it's one of your few attempts then there is possibility that the mail box is full.

Try again later.

Response reads, " message not delivered " . I tried it thrice. I will try it again later as advised. Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aallizzwellwole: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hello sir/ma.
Pls is there any recent study permits applicant BTW two to 3 months ago that was granted.. Just to serve as motivation for me and others. Because have applied twice BTW five months ago and the application wasn't granted. Based on the survey that I did, I haven't seen any testimony and most of the agent that I met, have been saying it was a deliberate attempt by the Canadian immigration, that was why they've been given unnecessary reasons for refusing study permits application.
Pls I will be glad to see your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omojehovah(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
It started with praise and it has surely ended in praise. Praise be to JESUS the Author and the Finisher of our faith. My TRV has been approved. Got my approval mail today. Thanks mi pals. Marvel4love, Surgee, Austinpee4, Maziude and a host of others I sight you all. I applied paper route, March 2nd, MASc. I'll share my full testimony later.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
Aallizzwellwole:
Hello sir/ma.
Pls is there any recent study permits applicant BTW two to 3 months ago that was granted.. Just to serve as motivation for me and others. Because have applied twice BTW five months ago and the application wasn't granted. Based on the survey that I did, I haven't seen any testimony and most of the agent that I met, have been saying it was a deliberate attempt by the Canadian immigration, that was why they've been given unnecessary reasons for refusing study permits application.

Sir/Ma,

Firstly, i will like to know how you did your survey. Was it true questionnaire or random sampling or what?
smiley Just kidding!!

There is no deliberate attempt anywhere but if you say more tough on their policies, then i will go with that.
Although for now there is no approval but all hopefuls are expecting a positive outcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
Aallizzwellwole:
Hello sir/ma.
guzenaira:

Sir/Ma,

Firstly, i will like to know how you did your survey. Was it true questionnaire or random sampling or what?
smiley Just kidding!!

There is no deliberate attempt anywhere but if you say more tough on their policies, then i will go with that.
Although for now there is no approval but all hopefuls are expecting a positive outcome.
omojehovah:
It started with praise and it has surely ended in praise. Praise be to JESUS the Author and the Finisher of our faith. My TRV has been approved. Got my approval mail today. Thanks mi pals. Marvel4love, Surgee, Austinpee4, Maziude and a host of others I sight you all. I applied paper route, March 2nd, MASc. I'll share my full testimony later.

smiley

I believe the survey is proving wrong now.
Few seconds ago i answered you and here comes an approval.

Congrats.
The wait is really killing,
Go and do greater exploit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:

Congrats boss...

You know what to do.... grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by victory2017: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:

A very big congratulations to you. God be praised. Hallelujah!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by PhilipWebb: 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
HI,
I submitted study permit application on their website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/) on August 27. Please I have the following questions:

1. The website said processing time is 15weeks (online route not paper route), please when do you think I am likely to get a response from them
2. I am currently out of Nigeria, if eventually everything works as expected, and the study visa is granted, can I pick this up at any VAC center nearby or I have to come back to Nigeria
3. Do I need to mail them that I am out of Nigeria at the moment
4. I intend to apply for PR as well, will this jeopardize my study permit approval chances
5. If I defer my admission with the school (university of Winnipeg) will this affect the visa decision anyway? do they even allow you to defer admission in Canada schools especially UW?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Honeymay10(f): 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
Congratulations bro....
omojehovah:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:
Congrats @omojehova
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:
Congratulations bro. Happy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Austinpee4:

Oh, okay. Please give me few days, i'll revert back to you.
thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:
good news at last. Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:

7 months after application before approval!!! Lord Jesus! These people are such killjoys. But congratulations, the victory will sweeter! Go and prosper!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
Help Your self with Dis
DEEAJA:
Dear great minds,
Can WES assess my Accounting Technician (AAT) certificate as one or 2 yrs diploma. I want to increase my CRS score. I got this certificate in 2004. Pls help with information on this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
PhilipWebb:
HI,
I submitted study permit application on their website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/) on August 27. Please I have the following questions:

1. The website said processing time is 15weeks (online route not paper route), please when do you think I am likely to get a response from them
2. I am currently out of Nigeria, if eventually everything works as expected, and the study visa is granted, can I pick this up at any VAC center nearby or I have to come back to Nigeria
3. Do I need to mail them that I am out of Nigeria at the moment
4. I intend to apply for PR as well, will this jeopardize my study permit approval chances
5. If I defer my admission with the school (university of Winnipeg) will this affect the visa decision anyway? do they even allow you to defer admission in Canada schools especially UW?

Thanks in advance

How did you apply? I am imagining online cos you currently travelling with your passport. With online, they will ask you send in your passport if they want to approve you. And with paper route, you can go pick up your submitted passport at VFS office or it can be couriered to you wherever you are if you are approved or rejected. The processing time of 15 weeks applies to both routes. Online routes too, your passport can be courierd back to you wherever you are (after you submitted it at their request). Nobody can tell you when your application will finish processing. Some get the nod in three weeks, others 2 or 3 months, others close to a year. One woman/man today, by the name OmoJehovah, rejoicing and channeling the spirit of her risen Lord, got the nod after a whopping 7 months.

What country are you in? You need to email them and tell them where you are. You will need to photocopy pages of your passport and visa(s) and send them to Accra via email. That would add to your travelled country. Can help you if you can document a history of having travelled outside of Nigeria to any or most major western countries and returned back. That is positive countervailing travel equity that can win you Candadian visa approval.

A PR and visa application are separate processes meant to be kept apart. A PR application can effect a visa application only if you were banned for misrepresentation. It would mean you cannot apply for any of these benefits in 3 or 5 years. It cannot affect you insofar as PR ruining your chances for getting a visa because by virtue of applying for a PR, you showed intention of immigrating to Canada. The calculus doesn't go that way. The two process can be undertaken at the same time and many have done so with success.

Deferring your admission at UW will not effect your current pending visa application with CIC. You can preemptively supply CIC with renewed admission papers or wait for them to request it from you. Talk to your supervisor or graduate coordinator at UW. Some schools allow several deferrals, some allow once and other schools, none at all. It is important to know what the polices of your school are concerning deferral. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
omojehovah:
Congrats OmoJehovah. Kindly share your profile/timeline.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 11:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
Congrats omoJehovah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by danadigun234: 12:36am On Sep 30, 2017
mamacajah:

If it is a masters program and you are gong with dependents, then yes, your finances must cover the full study period of two years.

See the financial breakdown below based on your information (two adults and a child).You can adjust it to suit your circumstances.

Tuition
Student - $14k per yr = $28k for 2 yrs
Child - $12k per yr = $24k
(if less than 5 years, plan for daycare, avg cost is 1k )

Maintenance
Student - $10k per yr = $20k for 2 yrs
Child - $3k per yr = $6k
Spouse - $4k per yr = $8k

Total Expenditure = $86k (with child < 5yrs of age) or $62k (with child > 5yrs of age)
Today's exchange rate is N287 to $1CAD.

Looking at your current finance, the VO wants to see that you would have access to cash easily
so unless you have a buyer for the land, I left that aside, and added the others together..it came to $79k CAD.

My advise, go for a fully funded Masters program, that way your finances would be sufficient. Although the VO might want to see which home ties you would have if your family is coming with you..but some people have been able to scale through in the past.

hope this helps. Other gurus can come and lend a voice in this issue.

Chai!!! 79k = 22m. No be small thing oh.

Bros first, first...You too much. Thanks for breaking down the reality to me. This is what I wanted. It's just that in my heart of hearts I really will want to go with my family since my family is still young. IMHO separating the family for an extended period of time is a recipe for disaster which I do not want to start now all in the name of immigration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by danadigun234: 12:43am On Sep 30, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If you think your financial heft can stands the scrutiny of a VO, by all means apply with your family. It's a calculated risk you should take if you feel you can adequately document your financial ability before a VO for the upkeep of a family in Canada. Be also prepared to show ties in land and asset back in Nigeria. Many have done so successfully. Don't be afraid, go with your gut wrenching feelings. More importantly, pray! Best!

Thanks for the courage man. Will do my best and leave the rest. Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by danadigun234: 1:01am On Sep 30, 2017
maziude:

@cc: @danadigun234, @mamacajah answered your questions. Nothing to add.

Considering all this calculation done by @mamacajah, why not consider applying first, then later on apply for your spouse and kid to join. That way, the financial burden is a bit reduced(for now). Honestly, the VO will want to see much more than what @mamacajah (I don mention you tire... no vex) calculated above.

In my honest opinion, you should apply first and they can join you later.

But then the decision is yours to take but let your finances be at par with your decision too.

PS: I don ask this question before and nobody don answer me. Why e be say una wey don marry wan carry wife or husband follow body when una know say na just a matter of time dem go join una? (if na children i gree... but for oga/madam)

grin bros no be my fault. Madam too fine grin grin I can't leave her alone oh.

Anyways thanks for your honest opinion. I guess I'll just gather what I can and give it a short and apply with my family, pray and see how it goes.

You guys are just amazing. Thanks for the response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 1:02am On Sep 30, 2017
danadigun234:

Chai!!! 79k = 22m. No be small thing oh.

Bros first, first...You too much. Thanks for breaking down the reality to me. This is what I wanted. It's just that in my heart of hearts I really will want to go with my family since my family is still young. IMHO separating the family for an extended period of time is a recipe for disaster which I do not want to start now all in the name of immigration.

smiley
If your wife fully support it, then go alone and they will join you later.
My best advice for you!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by danadigun234: 1:11am On Sep 30, 2017
guzenaira:

smiley
If your wife fully support it, then go alone and they will join you later.
My best advice for you!!

Seriously men we had already talked about it. And we're all moving together.

That's why all my plans are geared toward moving them. So that they can start their life too in canada pending when we get PR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 1:35am On Sep 30, 2017
Austinpee4:
@Aallizzwellwole,

This is not what i mean. This is the letter that was sent to you when your application was refused. The GCMS note is different from this. It is a report on why your application was refused usually summarized by the officer who reviewed your application. It is also not sent to the applicant at a time of refusal. Thankfully, applicant still have access to this report through the freedom of information act. You only need to order for it, check the first page of this page like i mentioned and you will find the link.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.