Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827774 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Chinuaj: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
toludadon:

Your current status in Italy will determine where you apply to. You might explain what you meant by the bolded clearly
i am a student in Italy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chinuaj:
i am a student in Italy.

you want use your naija address ni?

Use your address in Italy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
5454Darese:
use NECO

It was only the Maths that he made in NECO GCE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
prof1999:
PLEASE REPLY

The next step is to gather your documents and apply for your visa.

To do that, go to the CIC website, check for the required documents, come back to nairaland ( read previous threads and posts) so you can get the full gist of how to arrange your document and yourself before applying. When you are confused ask question (only if you have read).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Sapph:
Good morning all,

I applied to U of Sask last year for MA sociology but was declined. I intend to apply to University of Alberta- MA Sociology (MA Thesis bases Population life) which is more related to my course of study now.

Demography & Social Statistics

GPA 3.65/5 CGPA

Admission req- minimum GPA of 3.5 in the last two years of study

Years of experience in research/volunteer- 3years

I would really appreciate your advice and guidance through the application process before I start my application because I read here that U of A is quite competitive. Thanks

Maybe, those from alberta can help you out. But i will suggest you go to the school website, your intended programme website and admission website, there are lots of information there. And if you need anymore clarifications, you can mail them directly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ericsunday619:
please may i know if Canada visa can be approved for a 2years nursing transfer college. thanks

Honestly, no one here knows.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
colestephan86:
Hi guys,
I have been denied twice the sturdy permit now and so I intend apply a masters program for my wife who works in oando, I intend paying all she needs in her account n she apply as a student going on sturdy leave.
Kindly advice

The issue is not applying for your wife (both admission and study permit), the issue is what step have you taken to rectify your refusal reasons. Until that is done, you might be going round in circles.

Canada Visa application is not generic, you have to be specific. If you were refused, you should check what you did wrong and then rectify that before trying to apply for your wife.

Canada Visa thing no be kalo kalo (Na joke I am oh).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please has anyone in the house who applied for TRV in July 2017 receive notification for medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
johnsonm2g:
Please has anyone in the house who applied for TRV in July 2017 receive notification for medical?

Some are already in canada!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dodoa: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello all,

I have applied for TRV and I'm currently awaiting feedback from CIC. My sponsor(my dad) transferred some funds to my account for fees and upkeep. Is it okay to put the money in fixed deposit or treasury bills while I wait for CIC to respond? Do they contact banks for balance?

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
danshy:
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader for a while, it's time to crawl out.

I plan on applying for PhD programs in Canada. I have been writing to potential supervisors, and so far I have gotten response from two, (UofS and McMaster). The only setback is that both of them in one way mentioned that 'Applicants who do not hold masters degree from North America's university are typically admitted to a masters program'. Actually that's not a problem for me, but I already hold a Master degree, and currently completing a research masters, another masters degree. Both in Mathematics (Mathematical Sciences and Applied Mathematics).
Please, I need suggestions from all the bosses in the house.

cc: jnyuwa02, maziude, guzenaira

Sir/Ma,

Sincerely I understand what you are saying but I don't understand the kind of suggestions you want. Pls as for me, I don't get it properly. 'Maybe' another moniker could possibly understand properly.

But with the kind of view I see it which somehow looks incomplete to me, I think you applied to two schools. Why not try elsewhere for admission.

My thoughts!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
dodoa:
Hello all,

I have applied for TRV and I'm currently awaiting feedback from CIC. My sponsor(my dad) transferred some funds to my account for fees and upkeep. Is it okay to put the money in fixed deposit or treasury bills while I wait for CIC to respond? Do they contact banks for balance?

Thank You.

Whatever you do with your money after application doesn't concern CIC. They will judge your application based on what you submitted and make some other findings if need be or how complex the case maybe. But after the submission of your SOA, they are less concern contacting the bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Chinuaj: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
maziude:

you want use your naija address ni?

Use your address in Italy.
ok thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dodoa: 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Thank You ....

guzenaira:

Whatever you do with your money after application doesn't concern CIC. They will judge your application based on what you submitted and make some other findings if need be or how complex the case maybe. But after the submission of your SOA, they are less concern contacting the bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olufemi786(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
hurricanesgrace:
Hello gurus in d houx,
I have just being offer admission at the UNBC,
The thing is I applied for Jan intake but was admitted for sept as advice by my supervisor.
My question now is, if I happen to start with Visa Application now, and it happens to come out early, can I travel to Canada months bfr resumption date.
Plz I need help on this one. Thanks.
You can go 30days to resumption date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please, is it advisable for someone to do some changes on his/her previous online application when reapplying for student visa after being refused in the past and the person has requested for GCMS? Why I'm actually asking if because, one of my friends applied for TRV through an agent who wrongly entered his parents and siblings birthdays; now he wants to do everything by himself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrCadu(m): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
HI FRIENDS, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TALK ME THROUGH HOW ONE CAN SECURE A STUDENT VISA IN CANADA? I HAVE A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA I WANT TO APPLY BUT THE SCHOOL DOESNT NEED YOU TO REGISTER FOR IELTS TO GAIN ADMISSION BUT I WAS ADVICE THAT IT'S NECESSARY TO GET IELTS FOR VISA PROCESSING FOR THE CASE OF SEEKING A STUDENT PERMIT, PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO PURSUE MY STUDENT PERMIT WITHOUT THE RESULT SINCE THE SCHOOL DOESNT REQUIRE ONE FOR AN ADMISSION? THANKS
justwise:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sapph: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
maziude:

Maybe, those from alberta can help you out. But i will suggest you go to the school website, your intended programme website and admission website, there are lots of information there. And if you need anymore clarifications, you can mail them directly.

Thanks. I have gone through the my intended programme website for more details and I have mailed the Dept's graduate secretary, she answered my questions and told me to go ahead with my application.

I am particularly concerned about the GPA conversion, someone from Alberta I spoke with here said my GPA is low but with a good motivation letter i might get an offer.

Please, any Alberta person here, I need your advice on how to submit an excellent application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aallizzwellwole: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello sir/ma..
I really appreciate the effort of you guys here. Please I kindly need your advice. I applied to study computer science in UNBC, and I made a deposit of 3000$, my elder brother is my sponsor, I used a statement of account that contains 25M naira.
My study permits was refused twice and am planning to reapply again. My first application was refused based on purpose of visit which I explained to them in my second application. The second was also refused based on fund. I was asked to explain these three questions under fund:
1) How will I pay for my flight to Canada.
2)Without working in Canada, how will I pay my school fees
3)Without working in Canada, how will I cater for those accompanying me to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
dodoa:
Hello all,

Thank You.

I don't think they contact banks for balances, except something looks suspicious.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
MrCadu:
HI FRIENDS, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TALK ME THROUGH HOW ONE CAN SECURE A STUDENT VISA IN CANADA? I HAVE A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA I WANT TO APPLY BUT THE SCHOOL DOESNT NEED YOU TO REGISTER FOR IELTS TO GAIN ADMISSION BUT I WAS ADVICE THAT IT'S NECESSARY TO GET IELTS FOR VISA PROCESSING FOR THE CASE OF SEEKING A STUDENT PERMIT, PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO PURSUE MY STUDENT PERMIT WITHOUT THE RESULT SINCE THE SCHOOL DOESNT REQUIRE ONE FOR AN ADMISSION? THANKS

You don't need to submit any test scores result for student visa application to Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You don't need to submit any test scores result for student visa application to Canada
Always making sense. Thanks jnyuwa02
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Aallizzwellwole:
Hello sir/ma..
I really appreciate the effort of you guys here. Please I kindly need your advice. I applied to study computer science in UNBC, and I made a deposit of 3000$, my elder brother is my sponsor, I used a statement of account that contains 25M naira.
My study permits was refused twice and am planning to reapply again. My first application was refused based on purpose of visit which I explained to them in my second application. The second was also refused based on fund. I was asked to explain these three questions under fund:
1) How will I pay for my flight to Canada.
2)Without working in Canada, how will I pay my school fees
3)Without working in Canada, how will I cater for those accompanying me to Canada.
You need to get the officers note on your immigration file which is also known as GCMS(Global case management system)file. The letter given to you when your application was refused most times is vague and may note properly guide you when tackling the concerns of the officer. So a good move to remedy the situation is to get this file, once it is out, you can bring it here so people can help proffer solutions as you prepare for a reapplication.

Check the first page of this part of the thread(part 13), you will see a link on how to order for the file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
danshy:
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader for a while, it's time to crawl out.

I plan on applying for PhD programs in Canada. I have been writing to potential supervisors, and so far I have gotten response from two, (UofS and McMaster). The only setback is that both of them in one way mentioned that 'Applicants who do not hold masters degree from North America's university are typically admitted to a masters program'. Actually that's not a problem for me, but I already hold a Master degree, and currently completing a research masters, another masters degree. Both in Mathematics (Mathematical Sciences and Applied Mathematics).

Please, I need suggestions from all the bosses in the house.

cc: jnyuwa02, maziude, guzenaira

Your questions are kind of vague. The supervisors might be trying to tell you that if you have not obtained a masters degree from North America, you cannot be admitted to do PHD. That you have to do a masters first with them before proceeding to a PHD. Personally I never heard of that. Could be course specific. I know of some schools wanting students who studied outside North America to take extra tests. But not totally barricaded from applying like these supervisors would seem to be telling you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
funshow247:
1. Pls great men in the building...Is it advisable to send SOP as a document to CIC e-mail after you have already submitted an application but did not include it.
2. If you receive a message to fill the form IMM 5476 ( use of Representative form), is there any implication if you chose to tick the second option which says "cancel the use of a representative'.

Cc: Thesoj, Austinpee4, Maziude, Jnyuwa02, All helpers....
Thanks

1. If you feel it will help your application by elaborating on some key aspect of your application, your purpose of study, discrepancies in any part of your application or to communicate to the officer your overall plans with your program upon completion, then you should send it to them through their email (accra.immigration@international.gc.ca).

Otherwise, if your application is straight forward enough, you can leave it out. It is not a compulsory document.

2. I don't think there is one but i'll suggest in so doing, you give good reasons for changing your initial use of a representative. If you don't have any, proceed with the form. It is more like a consent form regarding somebody helping with your application, issuing and getting information on your behalf during your application process as well as authorizing the embassy to communicate with the individual(s) other than yourself. Either ways, i don't think it is harmful to your application. Just a measure to control release of information especially confidential or personal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aallizzwellwole: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

You need to get the officers note on your immigration file which is also known as GCMS(Global case management system)file. The letter given to you when your application was refused most times is vague and may note properly guide you when tackling the concerns of the officer. So a good move to remedy the situation is to get this file, once it is out, you can bring it here so people can help proffer solutions as you prepare for a reapplication.

Check the first page of this part of the thread(part 13), you will see a link on how to order for the file.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
shuqroh:
Hi everyone,
Am new here
I was refused for study permit around may
Reasons: insufficient fund and purpose of visit
I applied for MBA at university of Canada west,Vancouver...anyone into that school pls signify
D initial deposit was 6900 buh I paid 3000 due to Nigeria recession den.
I used my dad n maternal uncle for sponsorship
Submitted a bank statement of 19m (business account)
From my uncle
Didn't submit any statement for my dad cos its nt funded
Buh submitted landed property docs.
To cut d long story short I plan on reapplying.
Pls what do u think d problem is here
The problem is obviously that you did not meet the requirement of a study permit in the area of sufficient funds. Having huge available balance sometimes would note mean an applicant has met the requirement. There may be unconvincing accumulation of the funds available(atleast in the eyes of the officer), accessibility of the funds to you the applicant, your sponsor's financial status and capacities as well as their source of income. All these are usually looked into critically before an applicant who is sponsored meet the requirement.

In your case, you may have to pay your full first year tuition and have your living expenses( minimum of 10,000 CAD) possibly in convertible currency to truly allay any doubt regarding funds available to you.

Another very good thing to do before you reapply is to get your GCMS file, it will also help you narrow what to tackle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
@Aallizzwellwole,

This is not what i mean. This is the letter that was sent to you when your application was refused. The GCMS note is different from this. It is a report on why your application was refused usually summarized by the officer who reviewed your application. It is also not sent to the applicant at a time of refusal. Thankfully, applicant still have access to this report through the freedom of information act. You only need to order for it, check the first page of this page like i mentioned and you will find the link.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth499(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello everyone.
I'm an undergraduate student here in Nigeria, presently in my final year. I'm willing to pursue a master degree in Canada after my program here but I don't understand the thread... I've been following this thread for a while but I still don't know how to go by the process. I would be glad if anybody can assist me on how to achieve this, your contribution will be really appreciated. Thanks very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chinuaj:
i am a student in Italy.
You will have to choose Italy since you have a student status there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
petlaz:

Sorry for the delay.

I would advice you to go for PhD instead of another Masters degree. I think VO feel why another master since you have masters degree already. Cheers.

I posted here some weeks back about my refusal... This afternoon I got a mail requesting for additional details or documents n to check my online application for the update... I checked n there was nothing.. That got me thinking.. Maybe my application was originally with a VO who just started treating.... While I had already been refused by another VO.... My point is this... If we submit our application, let's try n wait n let it run its course... I was among those that sent a reminder mail notifying them that school starts by early September... Maybe my application was sent to a VO to treat going by my mail n who maybe was refusing on any frivolous excuse.... Maybe maybe not.... But only God knows.... So submit n take a chill. Stay blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by danadigun234: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
ScamBusta:
A very big thank you to justwise for the new and well Chapter 13

More trv to all hopefuls

This is also to register our presence and unending zeal to expose/tackle and weed out those whose purpose in the thread will be to perpetrate scam!

Welcome

Yes oh no SCAMS on this thread! We go use broom sweep them comot. Thank u justwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.