Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,448 members, 7,836,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (838214 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
vanod:

It has been approved book your ticket ASAP.

When you see counter foil request yes, mean it has been approved.

congratulations
Emmmm, Actually, it means 'counter foil required' . It is ' YES' for all non visa exempt applicants of which Nigerians are inclusive. The counter foil is the Visa on the passport AKA TRV.

The eligibility ' Passed' and 'failed' is the difference between an approved application and a refused one.

His own is passed which means an approval.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
Abiodunne:
I got my GCMS note yesterday. Please what does this mean? Shey make I start to dey book flight ni?

Congrats, so you will be resuming for winter? Abeg which province you dey go? Still looking for people going to Manitoba wey we go travel together... More testimonies in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
Abiodunne:
I got my GCMS note yesterday. Please what does this mean? Shey make I start to dey book flight ni?
Congrats! Please what is showing on your online statuses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
Abiodunne:

I requested for it on the 6th of September and it took exactly 1 month
Congrats bro. I'm so happy for you. Did someone over there order it for you or you ordered yourself?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tintedniggz(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
Adesire1:
Hello house....is it possible to use the police clearance certificate dated first of june for my re application on monday considering the 3months validity? Or can i just go ahead without submitting it?
Bro, pls how much did the police report cost you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
Congratulations!!!
Abiodunne:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
Abiodunne:
Congratulations... God will perfect your approval

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Hi everyone, hoping that I ordered the right note, want to confirm if gcms note is 27 pages?? And refusal reason made me wonder if my app was thoroughly checked, it is well and will end well.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 7:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
abestine:

Congrats, so you will be resuming for winter? Abeg which province you dey go? Still looking for people going to Manitoba wey we go travel together... More testimonies in Jesus name

Yes i will be resuming for winter. Mine is Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by VeecThorr(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2017
Arebo:
Hi everyone, hoping that I ordered the right note, want to confirm if gcms note is 27 pages?? And refusal reason made me wonder if my app was thoroughly checked, it is well and will end well.

Yours is quite straightforward. If you choose to reapply, please do not change anything contained in the docs you submitted earlier. Explain the source of the funds that were recently deposited into your sponsor's account if you do that, you should get an approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
Congrats.I claim it also in Jesus Name.applied 16 may 207,Still waiting.
Abiodunne:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
Christopher100:
Good evening house. I am about reapplying for TRV and I intend not to submit my passport alongside with my Documents. The reason is because the visa may take longer time like my first application and I may have a call from my company for a business trip to the UK.
Kindly advise me on the implications of not submitting passport alongside with documents during visa application........

The only implication I can think of is that the VO will not be able to see your travel history, in other words, countries you have travelled to and returned to Nigeria. This is an important consideration in granting visas. But then this can be solved simply by enclosing photocopies of your passport and visas, ancient and modern.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
tintedniggz:

Bro, pls how much did the police report cost you?
Did police report friday last week. It cost me 3k, the lady was requesting for 7k. She had to make me wait for one hour for her to just type it, as punishment for not agreeing to her figure i guess.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2017
valenti12:

Did police report friday last week. It cost me 3k, the lady was requesting for 7k. She had to make me wait for one hour for her to just type it, as punishment for not agreeing to her figure i guess.
Was is at Alagbon in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Congrats bro. I'm so happy for you. Did someone over there order it for you or you ordered yourself?

My brother did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
Arebo:

Yes you ordered the right thing. Mine was 41 pages just like yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
RAY12345:
Was is at Alagbon in Lagos?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
Abiodunne:

Yes you ordered the right thing. Mine was 41 pages just like yours

Thanks, you sure have a good story to tell, it's worth the wait....Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Arebo: 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
VeecThorr:

Yours is quite straightforward. If you choose to reapply, please do not change anything contained in the docs you submitted earlier. Explain the source of the funds that were recently deposited into your sponsor's account if you do that, you should get an approval.

Hopefully, I pray my app doesn't go through the whole process from the start again, it will surely end well. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Drdeee: 12:44am On Oct 08, 2017
Hello everyone, please i will appreciate your effort to counsel me accordingly. I signed up just now because i wanted to comment.
My girlfriend's visa was refused yesterday after 10months and the only reason ticked was that she used 'an unauthorized, compensated representative, she has not produced evidence that she used an authorized representative'

She is very depressed and i'm trying to encourage her to reapply, this time without her passport so she can go rest in UK during christmas.

Please how can she tackle that reason for refusal. Please I look forward to ur responses. Attached is the screenshot of her letter of correspondence.

I'm on call and will be able to answer any question asked. God bless you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tintedniggz(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2017
valenti12:

Lol Thanks. Guess you've done your medicals...Success bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:43am On Oct 08, 2017
Arebo:

Hopefully, I pray my app doesn't go through the whole process from the start again, it will surely end well. Thanks

Sorry replied to the wrong moniker.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:45am On Oct 08, 2017
Drdeee:
Hello everyone, please i will appreciate your effort to counsel me accordingly. I signed up just now because i wanted to comment.
My girlfriend's visa was refused yesterday after 10months and the only reason ticked was that she used 'an unauthorized, compensated representative, she has not produced evidence that she used an authorized representative'

She is very depressed and i'm trying to encourage her to reapply, this time without her passport so she can go rest in UK during christmas.

Please how can she tackle that reason for refusal. Please I look forward to ur responses. Attached is the screenshot of her letter of correspondence.

So sorry about your girlfriend's situation. Phew, 10 months of waiting is no joke, just to be slapped on the face with this flimsy excuse. Take heart. To tackle the problem, if she has evidence that the representative she used is accredited, she should talk to the agent to fill out the necessary form for representation and send evidence of it to CIC via email and ask that her case be reopened, stating that it was an oversight. If CIC receives that evidence, they will reopen her case and treat it on its merits. Sending an email will prevent incurring another application fee not to talk of time that usually goes into processing a new application. If she doesn't have that evidence, perhaps the representative she used is not accredited, then she has to start a new application. Fire the representative and apply by herself. It shall surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayolachris: 6:52am On Oct 08, 2017
Drdeee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Drdeee: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

So sorry about your girlfriend's situation. Phew, 10 months of waiting is no joke, just to be slapped on the face with this flimsy excuse. Take heart. To tackle the problem, if she has evidence that the representative she used is accredited, she should talk to the agent to fill out the necessary form for representation and send evidence of it to CIC via email and ask that her case be reopened, stating that it was an oversight. If CIC receives that evidence, they will reopen her case and treat it on its merits. Sending an email will prevent incurring another application fee not to talk of time that usually goes into processing a new application. If she doesn't have that evidence, perhaps the representative she used is not accredited, then she has to start a new application. Fire the representative and apply by herself. It shall surely end in praise.

Thank you very much. The agent is not registered with IRCC, we just got to know. If she reapplies herself does she have to explain or defend anything? Or all she has to answer NO in her study permit questionnaire.

Furthermore, can she mail CIC that the agent is a family friend and not a compensated one, explaining it was an omission not filling the representative form.

I dont have a problem with her applying but whats the assurance she will get it, and it will not take 10months again. I just dont want her on that rollercoaster of emotions again. Pls enlighten me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:34am On Oct 08, 2017
Drdeee:

Thank you very much. The agent is not registered with IRCC, we just got to know. If she reapplies herself does she have to explain or defend anything? Or all she has to answer NO in her study permit questionnaire.

Furthermore, can she mail CIC that the agent is a family friend and not a compensated one, explaining it was an omission not filling the representative form.

I dont have a problem with her applying but whats the assurance she will get it, and it will not take 10months again. I just dont want her on that rollercoaster of emotions again. Pls enlighten me.

The bolded you nailed it, that's another way to go. Explain to them exactly that and ask that your case be reopened. Only add that the agent is not accredited and rendered a favor to you. Will cut time and a second application and monetary incurement.

If a second application is necessary, you don't need to justify anything more from the first application. Just answer no in the study questionnaire and move on.

I don't think I or anyone else on this forum can tell you how long a fresh new application can take. You can only hope now that they have your information and know your application, it will take significantly lower than previous ten months. I tend to believe so.

In that same light, nobody can tell you whether you will get it this time, all is ever expected of anyone is to do their best by trying. No guts no glory!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by itengr(m): 7:54am On Oct 08, 2017
Quick one guys... Pls how do I board a bus to CVAC from mile 2 pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2017
Drdeee:

I highly doubt that CIC would reopen the case if you proceed with the line of argument in bold. And if they did, I'd expect any rational VO to demand a copious amount of evidence to demonstrate that you are telling the truth. Do you have unambiguous and plentiful evidence that the agent is a family friend? Being caught in new lies will risk the applicant getting the dreaded five year ban for misrepresentation.

I also personally don't think that any rational VO would accept the explanation that "it was an omission not filling the representative form". VOs are inundated with this type of excuse all the time particularly by Nigerian applicants and I wouldn't consider it credible if I were the VO.

This is not to discourage your efforts in any way though. I just wanted to share my perspective.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2017
itengr:
Quick one guys... Pls how do I board a bus to CVAC from mile 2 pls.
I am guessing you mean Visa Application Center(VFS).
Board a bus to CMS
When you get to CMS, Board a 'Lekki Ikate roundabout' bus
You're dropping at Ikate roundabout which i guess is their last stop.
VFS is trek-able(like 5 blocks) from the Ikate roundabout.
Be careful with those photocopy and passport people. They are helpful but be careful.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omohakin: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2017
please house, is it fine to print out a bank statement for a sponsor before making tuition and transfer of upkeep in a situation where funds will drop if payment is made before printing. initial amount 13m...after payment of tuition and upkeep..will drop to 6-7m. opinions please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by itengr(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2017
Thank u very much.... U have been very helpful.. Gratitude
valenti12:

I am guessing you mean Visa Application Center(VFS).
Board a bus to CMS
When you get to CMS, Board a 'Lekki Ikate roundabout' bus
You're dropping at Ikate roundabout which i guess is their last stop.
VFS is trek-able(like 5 blocks) from the Ikate roundabout.
Be careful with those photocopy and passport people. They are helpful but be careful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2017
thesoj:

I highly doubt that CIC would reopen the case if you proceed with the line of argument in bold. And if they did, I'd expect any rational VO to demand a copious amount of evidence to demonstrate that you are telling the truth. Do you have unambiguous and plentiful evidence that the agent is a family friend? Being caught in new lies will risk the applicant getting the dreaded five year ban for misrepresentation.

I also personally don't think that any rational VO would accept the explanation that "it was an omission not filling the representative form". VOs are inundated with this type of excuse all the time particularly by Nigerian applicants and I wouldn't consider it credible if I were the VO.

This is not to discourage your efforts in any way though. I just wanted to share my perspective.

I am confident if he writes Accra and states as he has already stated that the representative is 1. A family friend 2. Unpaid, that his case is going to be reopened. CIC does not require a form for representation to be sent if it fits those two criteria.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-who.asp

cc: @Drdeee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.