Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,472 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (831606 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
LordSir1:
thanks a lot for your response.. what are the chances of securing a PR within a yr?... I hear it's dependent on the province, the schools I have in mind so far are in Alberta and Ontario ...I made a quick search schools offering master in electrical electronics engineering (course work) are quite few and the few are not exactly "tuition friendly " I'll keep looking but if you have some schools you can suggest I'll really appreciate that

The chances of securing PR with a one year SP is slim because you will be given a year PGWP after graduation and you have to secure a job during this period and acquire one year working experience as a criteria for the PR application plus getting the required IELTS score .

You have to keep looking for more schools, Ontario and Alberta are highly populated because they are more whether friendly, look further to Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
pvc4real:

It can be done anytime especially upon arrival after getting your study permit. So securing admission into another program that is longer will help a lot even if you have to switch DLI. You just have to notify CIC once this happens knowing your first institution will update them of your absence from school.
Okay, this is very helpful.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
pvc4real:

It is fine. You just have to note that she has to be registered in school and you will probably wait months give and take 8-12 months to process your own open work permit. Family sponsorship is your route here.
Very well, no wahala, u try bro.
kudos!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
Philadelphia:

Oh no! I was only joking. I wasn't serious about it. Honestly it was just a joke and I really wasn't mocking anyone.

Hello Bro,

First, I want to commend you for owning up to your mistake and apologizing. It is a very good trait when we apologize for being wrong.

The post can be interpreted in different ways. Mr A can see it as a joke while Mr B can perceive it as a sort of mockery. The reason is because the way people perceive and interpret things differ. People see the same situation in different ways.

Therefore, jokes may be considered inappropriate under certain circumstances. For example, assuming Mr C who graduated with a third class, saw the post while looking for some kind of encouragement to lift his spirit, he might feel withdrawn and not too confident to share his burden which might impede him from getting the necessary assistance which he needed.

I wish you the best in your admission application process and may God grant the heart's desires of all admission and TRV hopefuls.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello Bro,

First, I want to commend you for owning up to your mistake and apologizing. It is a very good trait when we apologize for being wrong.

The post can be interpreted in different ways. Mr A can see it as a joke while Mr B can perceive it as a sort of mockery. The reason is because the way people perceive and interpret things differ. People see the same situation in different ways.

Therefore, jokes may be considered inappropriate under certain circumstances. For example, assuming Mr C who graduated with a third class, saw the post while looking for some kind of encouragement to lift his spirit, he might feel withdrawn and not too confident to share his burden which might impede him from getting the necessary assistance which he needed. Don't mind my hypothetical example. wink

I wish you the best in your admission application process and may God grant the heart desires of all admission and TRV hopefuls.

***I apologize for the long post. My bosses (Jnyuwa02, Austinpee4, Maziude, Thesoj et al ) have bestowed upon me the spirit of long post*** grin
Weldone sis! You are doing amazingly and greatly.
Your analogies are elucidative. Nice one!

BTW, since you are a sis and i'm a bro, Can i ask you out? (that's if there is no ring on your finger o).You will do my ministry so well! wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kuzierem: 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pls can anyone help me!!! I don't know how to start this statement of purpose!!! Pls I need help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kuzierem:
Pls can anyone help me!!! I don't know how to start this statement of purpose!!! Pls I need help

Draw your audience in with a story, then go for the kill. I find that starting with a story or an anecdote is effective, but everyone has their unique way of starting that works for them. Here is how I started mine:

Growing up in Nigeria, I observed the direct impact of diseases on families, friends and neighbors. So many cases of preventable disease infections that left many incapacitated for life and even dead. Cases of cholera, polio, meningitis, tuberculosis, women’s health issues, etc. I particularly remember one of my aunts who developed complications during childbirth and bled to death because the nearest hospital was very far from the village she and her husband lived. I remember a close family friend who lost both of his legs to polio. I also remember as a child visiting a maternity ward and seeing a room meant for two or three women, housing up to twenty women with their new born children. The list goes on. In all of these experiences growing up in Nigeria, my young mind was expanding along with my growing body. From an early age, I began to envision of a better world and my part in making it possible. I remember wanting to do something about all of these problems. But I didn’t know where to begin. In addition, I didn’t want to become a doctor because I didn’t enjoy chemistry and math in school. The humanities and social sciences were my forte..............................

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bigmove: 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Draw your audience in with a story, then go for the kill. I find that starting with a story or an anecdote is effective, but everyone has their unique way of starting that works for them......

hello,
aside LOE, is SOP necessary and needed?
what differentiate the two?

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
bigmove:

hello,
aside LOE, is SOP necessary and needed?
what differentiate the two?

thanks.

The two are one and the same person, lol. Call it by any name. In Nigeria where getting approval is hard, anything to make your performance heard is always helpful. A few kindred folks though were able to scale through with no SOE presented. The decision to present an SOE is yours entirely to make.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by flosure: 12:02am On Oct 17, 2017
My Kid sister also applied for a certificate course in Sask Poly. She did apply for SP in May 9th in Lagos VAC. We still haven't gotten reply from CIC. We made a deposit payment , which We already lost $1000 as class already started. What do we do now!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by naninwa007: 12:23am On Oct 17, 2017
GREGORIAN:
you need to write the exam b4 15/11/2017....ive sent to ur mail....3 sections...itz the real questions you should mit in the exam[

Bro pls i need the materials ooo. here is my email nani.ifeanyi@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bigmove: 12:32am On Oct 17, 2017
jnyuwa02:

The two are one and the same person, lol.

Thank you... my husband said same but I didn't agree, told him to write SOP still, lol. Now I understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 12:33am On Oct 17, 2017
fowlyansh181:
thanks a lot for this . What college is that and country please ? So I can start processing almost immediately. No time to delay . Thank you so much for this guide and advice . What's PGC? Is it post graduate college?

Fanshawe college London ontario Canada....yes its post graduate college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 17, 2017
GREGORIAN:
you need to write the exam b4 15/11/2017....ive sent to ur mail....3 sections...itz the real questions you should mit in the exam[

Please I need the GRE prep Materials too. Email: osinuga70@gmail.com
thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Goldenpiece707(f): 12:52am On Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone. . I love the good vibe flowing here

please, I'll like to connect with anyone applying for scholarship or already got scholarship or anyone with useful information on how I can get scholarship for my master's program

I studied mass comm- CGPA 4.03
I'm applying for media studies program in University of Regina and Concordia University for fall 2018

I basically need information on scholarship
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 17, 2017
jnyuwa02:

.....................Draw your audience in with a story, then go for the kill. I find that starting with a story or an anecdote is effective, but everyone has their unique way of starting that works for them. Here is how I started mine:

Growing up in Nigeria, I observed the direct impact of diseases on families, friends and neighbors. So many cases of preventable disease infections that left many incapacitated for life and even dead. Cases of cholera, polio, meningitis, tuberculosis, women’s health issues, etc. I particularly remember one of my aunts who developed complications during childbirth and bled to death because the nearest hospital was very far from the village she and her husband lived......................................

Tuale to the king of "SOP writer". grin smiley Nice one! wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2017
Austinpee4:

Weldone sis! You are doing amazingly and greatly.
Your analogies are elucidative. Nice one!

BTW, since you are a sis and i'm a bro, Can i ask you out? (that's if there is no ring on your finger o).You will do my ministry so well! wink

Nawa...Second Man in a week!!!...Glittering star please tell me your secret, have a few friends i need to get Men for.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2017
[quote author=Zlatimi post=61492116]

Fanshawe college London ontario Canada....yes its post graduate college[/quote]

Naa...PGC is Post Graduate Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 7:45am On Oct 17, 2017
@GlitteringStar , some babes need to share from your soap , if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:58am On Oct 17, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Draw your audience in with a story, then go for the kill. I find that starting with a story or an anecdote is effective, but everyone has their unique way of starting that works for them. Here is how I started mine:

Growing up in Nigeria, I observed the direct impact of diseases on families, friends and neighbors. So many cases of preventable disease infections that left many incapacitated for life and even dead. Cases of cholera, polio, meningitis, tuberculosis, women’s health issues, etc. I particularly remember one of my aunts who developed complications during childbirth and bled to death because the nearest hospital was very far from the village she and her husband lived. I remember a close family friend who lost both of his legs to polio. I also remember as a child visiting a maternity ward and seeing a room meant for two or three women, housing up to twenty women with their new born children. The list goes on. In all of these experiences growing up in Nigeria, my young mind was expanding along with my growing body. From an early age, I began to envision of a better world and my part in making it possible. I remember wanting to do something about all of these problems. But I didn’t know where to begin. In addition, I didn’t want to become a doctor because I didn’t enjoy chemistry and math in school. The humanities and social sciences were my forte..............................

Well articulated. You're just bunch of excellence in international studies.
Keep the good work bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 8:00am On Oct 17, 2017
Phocusjosh:

Well articulated. You're just bunch of excellence in international studies.
Keep the good work bro
Mr Phocus longest time Oooo. I been email you u no reply. Hope u are receiving good news from the embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by succolet: 8:04am On Oct 17, 2017
Hi ladies and gentlemen, I plan on apply for my canada study visa tomorrow for the second time, this time i will paper application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 17, 2017
WEIRDPC:
1. Awuf: July 3rd, MBA, VIU, Online route, Upfront Medical.

2. PVC4real: August 18th, Georgian College, Online Route, Upfront Medical.

3. Steveobasi34: September 15th, undergraduate, VIU, paper route.

4. Lifeisguhd: September 28th, PGC, GBC, Online Route.

5. Valenti12: October 6th, PGD, Humber College, Paper Route.

6. Ceceliaa34: October 6th, PGD Data Science, Lambton College, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals.

7. Weirdpc october 16, M.Ap.Sci. Civil Engineering U of W paper route, Upfront medicals

7. OriEyeLe: Oct.16, PGD Bus Admin, Northwest community College, paper route,upfront meds...MEDICAL PASSED
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ohcanada(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol smiley Abeggg ooooo, it is just to lessen the tension that comes with TRV approval and make this place a little bit lively. I'm very sure that they are just joking.
No, they are serious
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Goldenpiece707:
Hello everyone. . I love the good vibe flowing here

please, I'll like to connect with anyone applying for scholarship or already got scholarship or anyone with useful information on how I can get scholarship for my master's program

I studied mass comm- CGPA 4.03
I'm applying for media studies program in University of Regina and Concordia University for fall 2018

I basically need information on scholarship
Thanks

Hello Goldenpiece707,

Check your desired schools' website for any details about scholarship. You have a good CGPA. Work on the other aspects of your application (SOP, LOR et al) and with your CGPA, you are good to go.

Also note that students going for research-based programs have a higher advantage of getting scholarship/funding than those going for course-based programs.

You should consider adding one or two more schools to your list in order to spread your risk.

I wish you the best! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordSir1: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Augustinecu: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

VFS Abuja called a friend of mine telling him that his passport was uncollected for more than 20 days and it has been returned back to the embassy. But he was not told whether it is Lagos or Accra embassy. He applied for study permit. He has tried severally to reach vfs but to no avail.

Please who has experienced this and which embassy did you colect the passport? Did you visit the embassy without an appointment?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2017
atiteb4:
Mr Phocus longest time Oooo. I been email you u no reply. Hope u are receiving good news from the embassy.
I didn't get your mail bro. I tried your number severally but couldn't get through. Hope you're good?
Whatsaap me
As per TRV, no response till date

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.