Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828048 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aldexrio(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
tommee:

Which interview are you going for? please shed more light on your question

Planning for student visa interview to go for masters degree studies in USA.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LordTrezy(m): 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ibbond:

You can try Concordia University of Edmonton in Alberta for MISSM. I’m also a computer science graduate.
Are you currently running MISSM in Alberta?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petitchouchou: 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
petitchouchou:

Thank you so, so much for your input! Don't think I've heard of that before. Typed "Foundation studies in Canada" into Google but the results were not that informative. Could you send me a link for such, or at least give me key words? Thanks once again.

jnyuwa02,

I found an article on www.timesconsultant.pk regarding foundation studies. But this is for those who just finished secondary school or A level... I don't see anything about premaster or after first degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by olalives(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone gotten any update on their application this past week or this weekend?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
olalives:
Has anyone gotten any update on their application this past week or this weekend?

I just submitted so i am not expecting an update this week. When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by olalives(m): 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lol April 27
ManLikeMace:

I just submitted so i am not expecting an update this week. When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ohizzyy7: 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kwamentim3:

But on my refusal letter they only ticked insufficient funds and about the third point under its label it says "entered in error". Thats my confusion
I still don't know why it's difficult for Canada embassy to grant students visa for education related courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
If they dont want people to study education related courses why dont they just make it clear in their policies for us to know
ohizzyy7:

I still don't know why it's difficult for Canada embassy to grant students visa for education related courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ManLikeMace: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
olalives:
Lol April 27
Wow. Have you sent them emails?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 10:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
its M.Ed and i had 2:1
mcobex:
Oh! sorry about thayt. you are going for MSc , right? What's your undergraduate grade if you are not going for MSc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kwamentim3:
If they dont want people to study education related courses why dont they just make it clear in their policies for us to know
Its not like what you think, like someone said earlier "CIC is mad and the most important thing for an applicant is to demystify their madness".

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bukanol: 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
olalives:
Lol April 27
...bro what does your background check read?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akfakorede(m): 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Abiodunne:

Congratulations on your admission. Just make sure you are truthful and sincere when feeling the application forms. Also make sure the course you are going for is related to your previous degree.
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by olalives(m): 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
Still under processing
bukanol:
...bro what does your background check read?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:03am On Oct 30, 2017
ohizzyy7:

The emergence and surge in applications in recent time from Nigerians using the study permit route for other purposes and previous events of the past in this light must have led to these stringent scrutiny of applications. Surprisingly,it's still unclear how they reach their conclusions on some erroneous decision even when there is clear evidence that proposed course of study is logical within the applicant's career path, sufficient funds etc.

Maybe the discretion officers have is playing major role than the provisions of the IRP acts and regulations. 'Satisfying the officer'..... Just maybe!

On the other hand and with the way and manner in which some applicants present their overall situation through the study permit application, it makes it easy for officers to reach conclusions that such applicants will not leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.

Trying too hard to prove something is one major aspect people should pay attention to. Over analyzing is another, Poorly written SOP and choice of program are some of the things that would possibly raise their suspicion on the purpose of visit.

Even if the onus is on each applicant to satisfy the VO, Officers still have it upon themselves to see through the intent and determine which application meet the requirements and worthy of their discretion. It's just what it is. They were employed and trained to deliver on this.

Canada's immigration for "High risk" countries is also burdened on the circumstances surrounding the economic and social-political situation of the applicants and their countries of citizenship. Afteral and most often, the decision to travel to Canada for study from applicants from these countries is framed from a premise to get a better quality of education or living aside the standard provided in their countries.

It's only unfortunate the situation. Prior event(s) of the applicant preceding an application in my opinion plays a significant role than the proposed purpose. However, i'm still of the opinion that a simple application meeting the laid down requirements, less complicated and with a good profile stand a high chance of the VO's nod.

We just have to do all we have to do cogently and completely while also showing that the primary intention is to study.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Spatialcol: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2017
olalives:

Yes, review of eligibility started yesterday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sleekysoft(m): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:31am On Oct 30, 2017
Spatialcol:

When did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by olalives(m): 12:32am On Oct 30, 2017
When did you apply?
Spatialcol:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:18am On Oct 30, 2017
Kwamentim3:

Dude chill, don't buy into the notion that they don't approve visas for educational related courses. I read the SOP, the GCMS notes and CIC letter you sent to me. They are only holding you ransome on financial reasons. The sponsor's bank statement you submitted had low balance, even though you paid first year tuition? Every other thing like purpose of visit and returning back to your country finding against you, was "entered in error." That is what it meant by that word appearing on your GCMS. I can assure you if you submit a new bank statement with good balance to cover for your subsequent year(s) after your first year, that chances are you will more likely than not be approved for the education related courses someone is trying to bamboozle you into believing CIC does not approve. What greater asset a country has than teachers? You ably pointed that out in your SOP and that is how you overcame purpose of visit and returning to your country. Good job! Now do the remaining needful. Package and refire!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:52am On Oct 30, 2017
aldexrio:

Planning for student visa interview to go for masters degree studies in USA.

thanks
Go to US student visa thread bro, u will be clarified there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:58am On Oct 30, 2017
olalives:
Positive update will soon come, free ur mind, do other important things & pray,, got approved within last week though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:12am On Oct 30, 2017
Kwamentim3:
Bros cool down, just make sure u did the right packaging & chill the will approve u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:25am On Oct 30, 2017
ohizzyy7:

Yes, it's very difficult but achievable, once ur situation is well demonstrated worry less & pray.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ndukwebc: 2:28am On Oct 30, 2017
Please am looking for a school to do my nursing specialty in canada. Please can i get help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 2:29am On Oct 30, 2017
Bro, can I send to you my SOP for review?
Thanks!

Austinpee4:

The emergence and surge in applications in recent time from Nigerians using the study permit route for other purposes and previous events of the past in this light must have led to these stringent scrutiny of applications. Surprisingly,it's still unclear how they reach their conclusions on some erroneous decision even when there is clear evidence that proposed course of study is logical within the applicant's career path, sufficient funds etc.

Maybe the discretion officers have is playing major role than the provisions of the IRP acts and regulations. 'Satisfying the officer'..... Just maybe!

On the other hand and with the way and manner in which some applicants present their overall situation through the study permit application, it makes it easy for officers to reach conclusions that such applicants will not leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.

Trying too hard to prove something is one major aspect people should pay attention to. Over analyzing is another, Poorly written SOP and choice of program are some of the things that would possibly raise their suspicion the purpose of visit.

Even if the onus is on each applicant to satisfy the VO, Officers still have it upon themselves to see through the intent and determine which application meet the requirements and worthy of their discretion. It's just what it is. They were employed and trained to deliver on this.

Canada's immigration for "High risk" countries is also burdened on the circumstances surrounding the economic and social-political situation of the applicants and their countries of citizenship. Afteral and most often, the decision to travel to Canada for study from applicants from these countries is framed from a premise to get a better quality of education or living aside the standard provided in their countries.

It's only unfortunate the situation. Prior event(s) of the applicant preceding an application in my opinion plays a significant role than the proposed purpose. However, i'm still of the opinion that a simple application meeting the laid down requirements, less complicated and with a good profile stand a high chance of the VO's nod.

We just have to do all we have to do cogently and completely while also showing that the primary intention is to study.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:32am On Oct 30, 2017
Ndukwebc:
Please am looking for a school to do my nursing specialty in canada. Please can i get help?
wouldn't be bad trying out google.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gracee101: 2:34am On Oct 30, 2017
mamacajah:

If you want to visit Australia, just apply direct. The Canadian student visa is a temporal residence permit that gives you free access to Canada alone. Even with the visa, if you want to visit Australia, you would still have to apply for a visit visa from Canada. It does not give any major advantage per say. Also Australia and Canada are so far apart, that you run a high risk of denial when applying from Canada without congent reason. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunjasko(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2017
Hello Fams,
I recently graduated with a grade point of 3.72/5 in the department of chemical engineering and I would like to advance my studies in Canada.
pls, am a novice and I have little info about this. What steps will I take ? and can I get a full scholarship based on my results?
Thanks...I will be anticipating your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ibbond(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2017
LordTrezy:

Are you currently running MISSM in Alberta?

Not yet.. got admitted for MISSM at the Concordia University of Edmonton for winter 2018 but trv got refused last week. Want to defer admission, order for gcms and refire early next year.

Application for fall 2018 is currently open. You can also give it a shot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:21am On Oct 30, 2017
Tunjasko:
Hello Fams,
I recently graduated with a grade point of 3.72/5 in the department of chemical engineering and I would like to advance my studies in Canada.
pls, am a novice and I have little info about this. What steps will I take ? and can I get a full scholarship based on my results?
Thanks...I will be anticipating your response

Google universities in Canada and begin to read on the courses you are interested in and their GPA and scholarship requirements. There is more that goes into getting scholarship than just GPA. Your recommendations, statement of intent, thesis proposal, all equally count. Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2017
Ibbond:

Not yet.. got admitted for MISSM at the Concordia University of Edmonton for winter 2018 but trv got refused last week. Want to defer admission, order for gcms and refire early next year.

Application for fall 2018 is currently open. You can also give it a shot
Hello, how much is the tuition fee please? Were you given any scholarship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.