Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828012 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:
Hello FAM! I really need you guys help...actually i intend travelling to Canada on a student visa, but my main aim of travelling to Canada is to work there probably settle down there.. my elder brother is going to be my sponsor he is financially OK with da communication company's with different branches ... someone told me if I can meet up my financial requirement on student visa that I will get the visa...he also said that one can easily travel to Canada through student visa...pls gurus in the house I will like to get your advice on this...firstly on the type of visa I should go for...and how to go about it...cause my brother is ready to elder sponsor me...and what are my chances of getting the visa cause have been working in one my elder brothers company as a manager but no much money in my account.. to present as sponsor, but he's there to sponsor me...pls guys I really need your advice on this.. thanks and God bless yall

grin grin grin grin ... and we still wonder why it is becoming difficult to get Canadian TRV...

Boss, this is an online forum that is accessed by everyone including the VOs ( Yes the VOs) that work on study visa applications.

Put yourself in the shoes of a VO, if you come across statements like you posted above, will you approve any VISA?

Please lets be careful with what we type especially on online forums, to avoid putting guys with genuine intentions in trouble.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
maziude:

grin grin grin grin ... and we still wonder why it is becoming difficult to get Canadian TRV...

Boss, this is an online forum that is accessed by everyone including the VOs ( Yes the VOs) that work on study visa applications.

Put yourself in the shoes of a VO, if you come across statements like you posted above, will you approve any VISA?

Please lets be careful with what we type especially on nline forums, to avoid putting guys with genuine intentions in trouble.

remember I said someone told me this...I never said I initiated the plans am only seeking for an advice on the type of visa to apply thanks...I will appreciate if you have the idea on the easy and better way I can about it..with the information's I have provided above...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zimmanie: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
mcobex:
Mail cic asking for update on your application, they should reply

Okay what's their email address please? And again should I mention that my admission has been deferred to march or I shouldn't?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:
remember I said someone told me this...I never said I initiated the plans am only seeking for an advice on the type of visa to apply thanks...I will appreciate if you have the idea on the easy and better way I can about it..with the information's I have provided above...thanks
But you clearly stated your main motive (which is not to study but to work there), how on earth do you think a vo will see this and still grant you permit? Well just be careful and stop saying things like that online. Just like @Mazi said, VOs are WATCHING with their 3D glasses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2017
Zimmanie:

Okay what's their email address please? And again should I mention that my admission has been deferred to march or I shouldn't?
This is serious, well I am in a good mood so let me direct you to page 309 to get your answer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2017
adey2014:
greetings everyone, i am trying to apply to university of calgary for spring term starting in may but my official transcript hasnt reached the school. meanwhile the deadline is tomorrow. altho the portal allows to upload unofficial transcripts which i av done. i want to ask if that cud affect review of the application or if any one has any suggestion if what i cud do

Student copy is good enough to secure admission. After gaining the admission, you will have to send the official copy to them through courier

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Markab:
Now CIC is becoming more annoying cry
Processing time now 22weeks

The 22 weeks is the time used in processing 80 percent of most recent Visa application. Be an optimist, and believe you will be among the 20 percent that will have lesser processing time. Positive Vibes only...

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
mcobex:
But you clearly stated your main motive (which is not to study but to work there), how on earth do you think a vo will see this and still grant you permit? Well just be careful and stop saying things like that online. Just like @Mazi said, VOs are WATCHING with their 3D glasses
@mazi OK am sorry guys now what type of visa do you guys think I should apply for ?�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:

"Hello FAM! I really need you guys help...actually i intend travelling to Canada on a student visa, but my main aim of travelling to Canada is to work there probably settle down there"

The above is from you.

So, I still ask again put yourself in the any VO's shoe... If you see the comment above, will you give anyone approval to come to your country?

The easiest way is to have genuine intentions which should be to actually go there and study; and it comes with a lot of perks that includes work and settle (In most cases).

But then, you have 2 other main intentions (work and settle) using study as a gateway which is sad.

If you go through this thread, you will notice lots of refusal based on "purpose of visit" which perfectly suits what you intend doing.

So, no I don't have any other idea other than have genuine study intentions.

Peace...

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
maziude:

"Hello FAM! I really need you guys help...actually i intend travelling to Canada on a student visa, but my main aim of travelling to Canada is to work there probably settle down there"

The above is from you.

So, I still ask again put yourself in the any VO's shoe... If you see the comment above, will you give anyone approval to come to your country?

The easiest way is to have genuine intentions which should be to actually go there and study; and it comes with a lot of perks that includes work and settle (In most cases).

But then, you have 2 other main intentions (work and settle) using study as a gateway which is sad.

If you go through this thread, you will notice lots of refusal based on "purpose of visit" which perfectly suits what you intend doing.

So, no I don't have any other idea other than have genuine study intentions.

Peace...

Bro...for sure if I have the opportunity to work and study in Canada I will grab it ..cause that's what am looking for...am having a genuine intention of working and studying in Canada...I don't intend to go on a student visa only to work when I know the benefit of working and also studying...maybe I didn't get to express myself in a better way...I really need you guys advice on applying for the student visa cause I really wanna get it...and I have a good sponsor who is ready to sponsor my trip and my schooling in Canada...thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by photom: 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
dannydenzy:
Good morning house,
I need your suggestions and advice. I have secured fully funded m.sc position on vaccinology and immunotherapics at in U of Saskatchewan in starting January 2018. I am gathering my documents for study permit but my concerns are how to prove my home ties and gap between my youth service year to this year. I graduated in microbiology 2013 and did my service in 2014. I worked briefly with a private university in 2015. (Feb-may) before enrolling in m.sc environmental microbiology in one of Nigerian public University.i have defended my thesis but Senate yet to approve my results due to lingering ASUU strike. Currently I am unemployed . I am also worried if the V. O will have issue of me going for another m.sc , what can I use for my home ties and it's my admission letter for environmental microbiology enough to present as time lapse.
Gurus in the house. I need your suggestions and advice.
Thank you

Congratulations!!! Sir, Please can I have your email address so i can get some information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
mcobex:
Lol! Tell him 120k is too small that you can go as high as 500k, he is not just a thief but a MAD man. Bro go for an affidavit and it will cost you #500 (FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA ONLY)......and it will work just fine. The affidavit should state that your school made a mistake on your DOB (state the wrong DOB) and let them know what the real one is...SHIKENA

LMAO!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:

@mazi OK am sorry guys now what type of visa do you guys think I should apply for ?�
Apply for a masters degree program or if u don't have a a 2:1 in ur undergraduate apply for a pgd is more difficult to get a study visa for while masters is easier but also difficult . Put up a very good application by including good statment of intent justifying why you want to study in Canada , why u chose not to study ur course in Nigeria , reason for choosing to study ur course, ur home ties, financial strength and what your course of study will contribute to both ur development and ur countries development in future. Also make sure u have sufficient amount in ur account to cover ur full tuition for 1 year , maintainance or cost of living for a year , minimum of 2000 CAD for flight ticket and asset in ur name and family name to show that u will return to ur home country after your authorized stay in Canada. Canada study visa is becoming more difficult day buy day so it's more of Gods favour and good application we rely on. Alternatively go through the express entry route for permanent residency which is better if u can score very high in ielts , educational background and if u have a family in Canada those will boost your score . Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
5454Darese:

Apply for a masters degree program or if u don't have a a 2:1 in ur undergraduate apply for a pgd is more difficult to get a study visa for while masters is easier but also difficult . Put up a very good application by including good statment of intent justifying why you want to study in Canada , why u chose not to study ur course in Nigeria , reason for choosing to study ur course, ur home ties, financial strength and what your course of study will contribute to both ur development and ur countries development in future. Also make sure u have sufficient amount in ur account to cover ur full tuition for 1 year , maintainance or cost of living for a year , minimum of 2000 CAD for flight ticket and asset in ur name and family name to show that u will return to ur home country after your authorized stay in Canada. Canada study visa is becoming more difficult day buy day so it's more of Gods favour and good application we rely on. Alternatively go through the express entry route for permanent residency which is better if u can score very high in ielts , educational background and if u have a family in Canada those will boost your score . Cheers
thanks bro how do I go about it since am not in the uni for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
Where are you for now then? Jambite?

Niv25:

thanks bro how do I go about it since am not in the uni for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:

Bro...for sure if I have the opportunity to work and study in Canada I will grab it ..cause that's what am looking for...am having a genuine intention of working and studying in Canada...I don't intend to go on a student visa only to work when I know the benefit of working and also studying...maybe I didn't get to express myself in a better way...I really need you guys advice on applying for the student visa cause I really wanna get it...and I have a good sponsor who is ready to sponsor my trip and my schooling in Canada...thanks guys

Your intention of being genuine as to work and study in Canada is only normal and most people have such too but you see, things are not always the way it sounds or written on paper. Studying in Canada is very challenging and if your intention is to combine both even before you experience the system, then be prepared to be a little disappointed because a lot of factors will play in when the time comes.

That being said, you need to identify what you truly want to study. It should be what your competence can match as well as what your experience, aspirations and interest can build upon. This is where you will start from. Your chances of getting a study visa to Canada will be drawn from your personal circumstance and those surrounding your proposed program.

Don't let the issue of working and studying in Canada cloud your mind now, Chances around such opportunities will avail themselves as you reach that stage.

You need to read this thread well. Understand the study route system, equip yourself with information that will help you decide on your course of actions(Choice of program, visa requirements etc) and then in a matter of time, you definitely will understand the difference in the theory and realities of working and studying in Canada. It is well within your full comprehension.

Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hayzee545(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
maziude:

@ hayzee545 .... Above is for you... courtesy of jnyuwa2
Thanks so much I really appreciate your response. Meanwhile, this are the added info I didn't disclose in my earlier post:
- I finished service in 2016, after my service I started working in my dad's school, with Pay less than 60k.All these I presented in my application. And that may not even change in months to come, which will definitely reflect in my statement of account. My dad is my sponsor , i presented his companies statement of accounts. Will lump sum help in subsequent applications as I am still really confused on wat to do in this regard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:
Study route is not for you
Go through EE(Express Entry)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Majestgift: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Jonaslokk:

I also applied for Holland college (same province and it's pretty close to UPEI) May/April. And then I applied for a study permit for almost 4 months now and the last I did was send my medical reports last month, till date no info about the visa, so you see what I mean here? Lol it's too late for January. But best of luck tho.

OK thanks, I will like to send you an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
valenti12:
Study route is not for you Go through EE(Express Entry)
pls how does t he EE work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:
Why una no dey die easily when dem kill una? You said in your actual post that your main aim of going to Canada is to work there and probably settle down but thinking of going there to do your aim via study permit. That is not good enough man. Like the first person said, I think we should all mind what we post here. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
Niv25:
pls how does the EE work?

Hello Niv25, I'm in a good mood today so let me give you some counsel.
Looking through all your post on nairaland, bros, you are sounding too desperate oh!
There are a lot of scammers online, so please be moderate in your request and do not leave yourself open to them.

First of all give us your full profile by answering the questions below and please, try and write properly so that it is easy to understand what you are saying.

1. Age - choose a range: less than 20yrs, 20- 30yrs, above 30yrs
2. Type of graduate- OND/HND/BSc
3. Programme studied at school
4. What skills are you good at?
5. what type of job have you been doing? office assistant, secretary, administrative officer, IT personnel, etc.
6. what is your CGPA?

I await your response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by spores99(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Kwamentim3:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation but you must have somebody present in Canada to order on your behalf

please aside this means which other link can I use to get my GCMS note with me paying for it from here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 1:23am On Nov 01, 2017
Hi Family,

School is very tedious. I came for "our" letter of support format but will answer First 3 questions I get. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sholaystar4me(m): 1:55am On Nov 01, 2017
While coming to study in Canada, you all need to prepare your mind for the rigorous academic activities around here, don't feel too complacent, the system of education in Canada is quite different from Naija, please be ready, its fun and hectic but like we usually say "Naija nor de carry last"... the professors and Teaching assistants(T.As) or the Tutorial leaders will push you to the extreme in the name of assignments and researches. That being said, Canada is really a nice place to study and live, especially, if you know your onions, once you graduate with good grades and have some other qualities that will make you standout, the probability of getting a great job shoots up (if you are planning to live in Canada after study) but trust me, the grades would not come on a platter of gold. While studying, set a time aside to socialize, meet people and participates in activities.

#Reminder to all of us
#mayGodblessAndhelpAllthehopefuls
#if you are coming to Toronto anytime soon please don't hesitate to shoot me a message
#itisbreezyandsocold

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 1:57am On Nov 01, 2017
Austinpee4:

Your intention of being genuine as to work and study in Canada is only normal and most people have such too but you see, things are not always the way it sounds or written on paper. Studying in Canada is very challenging and if your intention is to combine both even before you experience the system, then be prepared to be a little disappointed because a lot of factors will play in when the time comes.

That being said, you need to identify what you truly want to study. It should be what your competence can match as well as what your experience, aspirations and interest can build upon. This is where you will start from. Your chances of getting a study visa to Canada will be drawn from your personal circumstance and those surrounding your proposed program.

Don't let the issue of working and studying in Canada cloud your mind now, Chances around such opportunities will avail themselves as you reach that stage.

You need to read this thread well. Understand the study route system, equip yourself with information that will help you decide on your course of actions(Choice of program, visa requirements etc) and then in a matter of time, you definitely will understand the difference in the theory and realities of working and studying in Canada. It is well within your full comprehension.

Regards.

Please gurus I crave for your indulgence not to be angry but please bear with me...i Have read the other threads from 0 but I still get confused on this matter of funds....as for me ...my aunty is my sponsor as she has lots of millions in her account amounting to 60k in CAD. I am working but not earning much. And my company pays me salary by cheque so not much is reflecting in my personal bank account. My question is this..is it compulsory to show my personal bank account or just stick with that on my aunt only? please if anyone wants to reach me directly my email address is valenchigozie@gmail.com.
Thank you as I appreciate wonderful advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by val4o: 2:09am On Nov 01, 2017
Kwamentim3:
Let me pm you my SOP,refusal letter and gcms notes for you to understand my case

Please boss can you PM me all those documents you listed as well especially the SOP I so need it for my application...my email address incase is valenchigozie@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samwills45: 3:42am On Nov 01, 2017
I have done that already, bro,
waiting for your reply, tnx
sleekysoft:
Send Pm boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 3:44am On Nov 01, 2017
Hello guys, who is in the same situation as me. I applied for student visa since May 9th 2017. Also 6 months no reply yet.

My school already resume. And becasue I didnt provide rejection letter from CIC, I am going to forfeit $1500 from my tution deposit.

Please advice what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by honeyscottage(m): 6:22am On Nov 01, 2017
I forgot my password that I used for my cic account. I have also tried to do a reset but It was not successful. Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2017
Austinpee4:

Regards.

Well said.... nothing missing.
Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.