Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837876 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2017
Nogen:

I think you can also ask for a reopening of your application file. It seems they don't really check the documents anymore. Let the Gurus come and assist in this one.

Yes he can ask for reopening only if he actually explained before the sources of the lump sum in his account. If there is anything in his SOP or sponsor's letter adducing that the lump sum was from a rental and the VO didn't read that, it will amount to an error of fact for which he may seek reopening his case without paying an application fee. However, if there was never an explanation for the lump sum, his option narrows only to filing a new application and paying the fees and explaining well the sources of the lump sum based on previous denial of his application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:57am On Nov 03, 2017
thesoj:

Sorry about the denial. Did you write a short summary (either in your SOP or your mom's sponsorship letter) explaining the source of the lumped sums (and refer the VO to the receipts)? If not, it's very difficult for the VO to make the connection on his/her own -- especially in the midst of a large stack of submitted documents.

In your next application, do what you can to make everything as obvious as possible.

Hello Bro,

To the best of my knowledge i think i did i added various rent receipts of payments and the 4.6mill was included added C of Os of all buildings and the picture print out of this particular building i think its because the money came in july and i submitted my app in august i actually waited for that lump sum to come in so it can boost my financial credibility after the money came i paid half a year tuition fee. Am planning of paying the balance of 1 year please would be right to open a dom accoount and move all cash into the account in dollars wont it be seen as lump sum too? or would you suggest i re-open my my case like someone here as suggested? am really confused right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yes he can ask for reopening only if he actually explained before the sources of the lump sum in his account. If there is anything in his SOP or sponsor's letter adducing that the lump sum was from a rental and the VO didn't read that, it will amount to an error of fact for which he may seek reopening his case without paying an application fee. However, if there was never an explanation for the lump sum, his option narrows only to filing a new application and paying the fees and explaining well the sources of the lump sum based on previous denial of his application

Hi @jnyuwa02,

There was no part where the sponsor letter or my SOP specifically mentioned 4.6mill because there were various lodgment in the account we printed 6 months from march to august and in march there was a lodgment of 2mill in may there 1.8mill and then july the 4.6mill the lodgment comes in annually and theres a line in the sponsor letter that states this. i never taught the V.O will see it as lump sum. I also attached every rent receipt that was paid into the amount from march to august from as low as 250k to 750k till it got to the 4.6mill please see below lines from the sponsor letter that is pointing to the rent do you think the below is enough to re-open my application and what are the procedure to re-open app.

[i]I have Investments in savings, and mostly in properties, and shares belonging to me and my late husband which I co-manage with my son, and from which annual rent and share dividends are obtained regularly, I have attached copies of certificate of ownership of all properties in my name and my late husband’s name.

The current values of all properties are worth over N350million (Naira)in the assumption of a forced sale value also see attached valuation certificate of one of the properties located at ***** and its leased out to a school (schools name) which is one of our biggest tenants. (See pictures attached)

[/i]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2017
hayqinsbFX:
This is really spot on.

I am in my advanced diploma program in construction.

I was on coop as a student and was earning 18dollars an hour.

I have master's graduate that are earning 15 dollars with a job that doesn't test their academic qualifications.

I have graduates that are earning 13dollars an hour just to stay afloat

So it is good to have academic progression but if canada is your dream country and you want to work here and start a career you do not need a Masters degree.

Great to see someone doing the same course i am going for bro i will need your help and guidiance got my admission letter this week from fanshawe construction project management cpj1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hayqinsbFX: 11:27am On Nov 03, 2017
All the best .
I wish you luck in your visa application.
I am in the CMY program tho

But stay glue to the CPJ...thats the most suitable for visa application.
Zlatimi:

Great to see someone doing the same course i am going for bro i will need your help and guidiance got my admission letter this week from fanshawe construction project management cpj1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ohizzyy7: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Crownny86:
Hello House, please me out on this;

I just got admission into PGD HRM at New Brunswick Community College Fall 2018.
I am a graduate with not less than 4 years experience in HR and am married (no kid).
I am trying to gather all necessary documentsGD against firing my application early next year.
What are the advantage and disadvantage of using a company as your sponsor? (Total Tuition fee is 8450CAD).
How many pages maximum should LOE/SOP be?

Thanks

PGD is not a good option for trv instead apply for masters. Are you applying with your wife?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
tommee:

Hi @jnyuwa02,

There was no part where the sponsor letter or my SOP specifically mentioned 4.6mill because there were various lodgment in the account we printed 6 months from march to august and in march there was a lodgment of 2mill in may there 1.8mill and then july the 4.6mill the lodgment comes in annually and theres a line in the sponsor letter that states this. i never taught the V.O will see it as lump sum. I also attached every rent receipt that was paid into the amount from march to august from as low as 250k to 750k till it got to the 4.6mill please see below lines from the sponsor letter that is pointing to the rent do you think the below is enough to re-open my application and what are the procedure to re-open app.

[i]I have Investments in savings, and mostly in properties, and shares belonging to me and my late husband which I co-manage with my son, and from which annual rent and share dividends are obtained regularly, I have attached copies of certificate of ownership of all properties in my name and my late husband’s name.

The current values of all properties are worth over N350million (Naira)in the assumption of a forced sale value also see attached valuation certificate of one of the properties located at ***** and its leased out to a school (schools name) which is one of our biggest tenants. (See pictures attached)

[/i]

These statements made suffices as an explanation as to the origin of the lump sum and you may ask for a reopening of your case. Make sure to quote in verbatim the same statement you made before explaining the lump sum that you think the VO missed. Send an email to Accra with subject, "motion to reopen case based on error of fact." Then proceed to explain in body of email the factual error missed by the CAC, appealing graciously and respectfully that your case be reopened and reconsidered. Don't introduce any new evidence. Just a statement of explanation will do. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jnyuwa02

Good afternoon

Please sorry to asked ooooo....u r always online 24/7....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jnyuwa02

Good afternoon

Please sorry to asked ooooo....u r always online 24/7....i hail u ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
hayqinsbFX:
All the best .
I wish you luck in your visa application.
I am in the CMY program tho

But stay glue to the CPJ...thats the most suitable for visa application.

Thanks bro plss any advise although went back to yoyr former quotes here and saw the documents yoy subnitted but yoy know 2015/2016 cant compared to now... plss bro already pm you plss help a brother God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
bbclue:
Jnyuwa02

Good afternoon

Please sorry to asked ooooo....u r always online 24/7....i hail u ooo

Not true oooh!! I wish I had the ability to be online 24/7. Who has that kind of ability of work and to sleep only when dead? Only check messages intermittently, from time to time throughout the day that is all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by skylar2020(f): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=jnyuwa02
Pls can I pm u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
PLEASE OOOOOOOOHHH!! MY HELPER(S). HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A PERSONAL COPY OF MY SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT FROM UNILAG. SINCE ITS AMONG THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS I'M TO UPLOAD ONLINE DURING MY TRV APPLICATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
Somebody pls help me o I am so confused right now and don't know what to do. I was denied my Canada study permit. Reasons:
Insufficient funds without working in Canada to pay tuition fees, to maintain myself and to transport myself . I applied through maple education as my agent. But my agent now is saying even if am applying again I cannot use my Jan admission letter. I have to defer to get may admission letter to apply again because of d tym. And am 25 now and will be 26 next yr. A family friend is sponsoring me with 8million in his account. My school fees is 4million other expenses is about 3.5million. Tho I didn't pay any of my fees when I applied before. Pls wat should I do?

Again my agent gave anoda suggestion to apply to hungary to get a student visa nd i resume in jamuary to do nursing which is my choice of course because I was given biology in my previous admission to Canada.

Pls which step should I go with. Should I wait for Canada or go with Hungary?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
10shuare:
Somebody pls help me o I am so confused right now and don't know what to do. I was denied my Canada study permit. Reasons:
Insufficient funds without working in Canada to pay tuition fees, to maintain myself and to transport myself . I applied through maple education as my agent. But my agent now is saying even if am applying again I cannot use my Jan admission letter. I have to defer to get may admission letter to apply again because of d tym. And am 25 now and will be 26 next yr. A family friend is sponsoring me with 8million in his account. My school fees is 4million other expenses is about 3.5million. Tho I didn't pay any of my fees when I applied before. Pls wat should I do?

Again my agent gave anoda suggestion to apply to hungary to get a student visa nd i resume in jamuary to do nursing which is my choice of course because I was given biology in my previous admission to Canada.

Pls which step should I go with. Should I wait for Canada or go with Hungary?

sorry for the refusal bro, when did you apply?
Try and share your profile so that guru's in the house will give suggestions and advice....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
I applied Aug 28. I got my package on d 24th of September. I intend to go as undergraduate to study biology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by olalives(m): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
What package? You mean your refusal letter?
10shuare:
I applied Aug 28. I got my package on d 24th of September. I intend to go as undergraduate to study biology

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Crownny86: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
I don't plan taking my wife to serve as part of home ties, but if it will increase the chances of approval I will.
Also, I am not really bent on academics with my years of experiences in HR, also I graduated with 2.2 hence going for a professional path of study with PGD.

ohizzyy7:

PGD is not a good option for trv instead apply for masters. Are you applying with your wife?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Folaroyal:

no one can finish you joooor.... we are all rubbing minds here!! everyone will pick the most relevant to his/her situation. Sure your contributions are beneficial as there are many ways to a particular destination. Meanwhile... right info is KEY!!!
my regards
Bro I hail, how's Canada treating you and madam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=10shuare post=62040147]I applied Aug 28. I got my package on d 24th of September. I intend to go as undergraduate to study biology[/quot

Do you mean 24 of October?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
OFFICIALAEL:
PLEASE OOOOOOOOHHH!! MY HELPER(S). HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A PERSONAL COPY OF MY SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT FROM UNILAG. SINCE ITS AMONG THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS I'M TO UPLOAD ONLINE DURING MY TRV APPLICATION
Try and apply for a student copy but if your school don't give that out then I will advise you use a friend or family member's company address to apply for it then it will be sent there for you to pick up but if those two aren't possible for you then just apply for trv using copy of your certificate and it will fly (IT'S NOT COMPULSORY YOU INCLUDE YOUR TRANSCRIPT )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
olalives:
What package? You mean your refusal letter?
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
Yes 24 october
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=matic12 post=62041011][/quote]

Yes 24 october
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

These statements made suffices as an explanation as to the origin of the lump sum and you may ask for a reopening of your case. Make sure to quote in verbatim the same statement you made before explaining the lump sum that you think the VO missed. Send an email to Accra with subject, "motion to reopen case based on error of fact." Then proceed to explain in body of email the factual error missed by the CAC, appealing graciously and respectfully that your case be reopened and reconsidered. Don't introduce any new evidence. Just a statement of explanation will do. Good luck!

@jnyuwa02 really appreciate your responses so far i hope i wont be asking for too much, can you assist with the email address of Accra and probably a format of how the letter should go. i have visited the bank yesterday to pay the balance of 1 year tuition but still waiting for my account to be debited so i can demand a receipt from the school do you think i should wait for that receipt and attach it to the mail am about to send, i hope they wont see it as being desperate. also my passport has been returned can the application still be re-opened regardless? please i just sent you a pm really sorry for bothering you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by thesoj: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
tommee:

Hello Bro,

To the best of my knowledge i think i did i added various rent receipts of payments and the 4.6mill was included added C of Os of all buildings and the picture print out of this particular building i think its because the money came in july and i submitted my app in august i actually waited for that lump sum to come in so it can boost my financial credibility after the money came i paid half a year tuition fee. Am planning of paying the balance of 1 year please would be right to open a dom accoount and move all cash into the account in dollars wont it be seen as lump sum too? or would you suggest i re-open my my case like someone here as suggested? am really confused right now
If you aren't 100% sure that your sources of lumps sums were explained in your SOP or your sponsor letter, then go back and check again so that you can fix it in your next app or however you plan to get CIC to reopen your app.

As a rule of thumb, always keep in mind that VOs are not mind readers. If an important part of your application is ambiguous and up to arbitrary interpretation, then best believe that the VO's decision may not favor you.

Once again, sorry about the visa refusal.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Not true oooh!! I wish I had the ability to be online 24/7. Who has that kind of ability of work and to sleep only when dead? Only check messages intermittently, from time to time throughout the day that is all.

Okay.......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
Somebody help o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by olalives(m): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
What exactly do you need?
10shuare:
Somebody help o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Demills: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hello Everyone.

Am a prospective Undergraduate student of Memorial University of Newfoundland,Canada.

Have submitted all the necessary supporting Documents to the School but having a problem with the English Language Proficiency Test Score since my TOEFL IBT Test Score was not up their minimuim required score.

Please can someone tell me what will be my fate if i will be admitted or not?

Please i need advice from those who have gone through such suituations both those in MUN present and those in naija.

THANKS and awaits your advices and answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.