Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828625 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2017
Phocusjosh:
Hello fam!

I just want to clarify some things before repackaging my study permit application which was denied last week based on purpose of visit, no employment prospect and no personal assets and financial status.

I have applied for my GCMSnotr and I'm awaiting for it before I put in my next application. I have contacted my department to defer my admissions to fall 2018.

My questions

1. Does CIC see scholarship as a curse or what? I read somewhere that the role of the visa officer is to ensure that students can take care of themselves in Canada without any support from Canada.

Note: University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship worth $14,000cad yearly was my motivation in studying hard to achieve high CGPA. 4.80 no be beans (many things went in from 300l and it can't just waste like that). Scholarship has been my help, I got 100% scholarship in my undergrad....

Someone advised me to pay all tuition fees and accommodation for two years despite scholarship that I will get TRV with ease. Then I will get refund of tuition payment later.
How true is this?

2. In proving my home ties, is my business of 6months enough for this or I still need to show landed properties ?(I don't have any ). Can my sponsor's assets perfectly play this role of proving home ties.

Your opinions are highly appreciated

Many thanks.

Sorry for the delay. No CIC does not see scholarship as a curse. What made you think so? Yes evidence would seem to suggest lately that scholarship offer from a Canadian university does not make an application for TRV immune from a VO's vagaries of financial scrutiny. Lately they seem to be wanting scholarship candidates to show that should their scholarship conditions be defaulted, they have enough money to fund themselves. How else can one make of fully funded applicant receiving denial for TRV based on insufficient funds?

That said, it does not carry from what you stated that they had anything against your scholarship. The issue they had against you is one of home ties. You didn't demonstrate that you had strong financial, professional or social ties that will induce your return back to Nigeria. You need to work on showing that. It seems you also did a bad job showing in your SOP that you have the genuine interest of been a student. Perhaps your SOP was marred with grammatical and spelling errors? Either that or there was no progression in your area of past study or work with what you intend to study in Canada. I can tell you this, you definitely did something wrong to have incurred the "purpose of visit" finding against you. With immediate alacrity, you need to order GCMS.

No this is bad advice. Don't pay two years tuition and living expenses. Who does that? It is purely misleading. It won't help in your case cos your reason of denial was not financial inability to pay your education. If you had that kind of money to pay, I will advice you put it to your name in Nijia to buttress and meet the reason checked against you, which is lack of asset and job and strong financial heft at home.

In showing home ties, the formulae is not one easily set in stone. There is no amount of time you must have spent at your job to demonstrate home ties. Many people with no job at all have been granted a TRV. Reminds me of a partially funded applicant here not too long ago who had no job or anything else for that matter, but was granted a TRV. His sponsor, his dad was very wealthy with 56M in SOA and few landed properties. That sailed through for him as home ties.

It's a totality look of your personal circumstances. Landed properties, family, social, economic and professional ties to your home all help. What you have to say in your SOP is very important as this in itself can give the VO an important clue into your mindset and deduce whether you meet the home tie requirement or not.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 1:18am On Nov 02, 2017
@jnuwa02, my application has been refused since 11th of Oct, I'm yet to receive my refusal note. what might be the cause?. I already ordered my gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:24am On Nov 02, 2017
Mandoy:
@jnuwa02, my application has been refused since 11th of Oct, I'm yet to receive my refusal note. what might be the cause?. I already ordered my gcms note.

You registration online may have a glitch or you may not be checking right. But since you have ordered GCMS, that is a step in the right direction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omojehovah(m): 1:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Is there anyone in Regina that can play help pick someone from airport to his apartment. Abeg it's urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 1:49am On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You registration online may have a glitch or you may not be checking right. But since you have ordered GCMS, that is a step in the right direction.
thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 6:10am On Nov 02, 2017
Igbouwanile:

I sight u boss, much hailings!

Lol. I see you too.

I see no que for me. Keep the good work up.

It is good to read past thread, some of us dey flex and ball in some elders of this land cars now.

One love.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 7:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Good day house, HELP!!!!
Any unilag graduate here? I need help as to how to about getting a personal copy of my transcript. Since it's among the documents I'll need to upload when applying for my TRV through the online route
I contacted the department in charge of transcripts, I was told they don't send to individuals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by philoxy4: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Sorry for the delay. No CIC does not see scholarship as a curse. What made you think so? Yes evidence would seem to suggest lately that scholarship offer from a Canadian university does not make an application for TRV immune from a VO's vagaries of financial scrutiny. Lately they seem to be wanting scholarship candidates to show that should their scholarship conditions be defaulted, they have enough money to fund themselves. How else can one make of fully funded applicant receiving denial for TRV based on insufficient funds?

That said, it does not carry from what you stated that they had anything against your scholarship. The issue they had against you is one of home ties. You didn't demonstrate that you had strong financial, professional or social ties that will induce your return back to Nigeria. You need to work on showing that. It seems you also did a bad job showing in your SOP that you have the genuine interest of been a student. Perhaps your SOP was marred with grammatical and spelling errors? Either that or there was no progression in your area of past study or work with what you intend to study in Canada. I can tell you this, you definitely did something wrong to have incurred the "purpose of visit" finding against you. With immediate alacrity, you need to order GCMS.

No this is bad advice. Don't pay two years tuition and living expenses. Who does that? It is purely misleading. It won't help in your case cos your reason of denial was not financial inability to pay your education. If you had that kind of money to pay, I will advice you put it to your name in Nijia to buttress and meet the reason checked against you, which is lack of asset and job and strong financial heft at home.

In showing home ties, the formulae is not one easily set in stone. There is no amount of time you must have spent at your job to demonstrate home ties. Many people with no job at all have been granted a TRV. Reminds me of a partially funded applicant here not too long ago who had no job or anything else for that matter, but was granted a TRV. His sponsor, his dad was very wealthy with 56M in SOA and few landed properties. That sailed through for him as home ties.

It's a totality look of your personal circumstances. Landed properties, family, social, economic and professional ties to your home all help. What you have to say in your SOP is very important as this in itself can give the VO an important clue into your mindset and deduce whether you meet the home tie requirement or not.

Thanks for the response,i was observing from the background.
How does one document a property for a VO.My dad has a few houses and land.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 8:18am On Nov 02, 2017
Tunba28:
Hi guys,

Went to my bank today to make my Pre-Admission deposit but unfortunately I was unable to make the payment cos of some CBN rules with regards to banks not helping with that without a proper admission letter. Has anyone gone through this process? Please how do I get it paid asap? I know Zlatimi did his own last week, please I need you guys to help me. Thank you

Yes i had issues too until i went to gtbank in unilag and the lady helped me pushed it just get a letter from yoy school indicating you want to pat deposite fee download the fltwore details on the link sent to you frin the school then yoy will hv detauls of bank name and bank account then bank wana pay in so you good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

The advice I have is if you are interested, start googling and reading up on universities either in Canada or USA that offer the program you are interested. So many undergraduate schools in both countries that you can apply as a transfer student. USA is easy to be granted a visa as a transfer student than Canada. But you have to be a genuine student who wants to actually study, not simply going there to abscond into thin air and work as you earlier professed. It gives all of us a bad name and makes visas tough for future generation when you do that. So you have to promise me that before I dish out more goodies for you. That is it for now.

Am so happy I could find someone like you here who is ready to help me out...am really serious about going to study over there. I don't intend abandoning my education since I have someone who is ready to sponsor me...and I don't intend making the visa hard for the future generation. Pls how do I go about the undergraduate program and if you still hve list of schools I can apply in the US or Canada I will appreciate. Am interested in those goodies you got for me�
smiley
jnyuwa02:

The advice I have is if you are interested, start googling and reading up on universities either in Canada or USA that offer the program you are interested. So many undergraduate schools in both countries that you can apply as a transfer student. USA is easy to be granted a visa as a transfer student than Canada. But you have to be a genuine student who wants to actually study, not simply going there to abscond into thin air and work as you earlier professed. It gives all of us a bad name and makes visas tough for future generation when you do that. So you have to promise me that before I dish out more goodies for you. That is it for now.

Am so happy I could find someone like you here who is ready to help me out...am really serious about going to study over there. I don't intend abandoning my education since I have someone who is ready to sponsor me...and I don't intend making the visa hard for the future generation. Pls how do I go about the undergraduate program and if you still hve list of schools I can apply in the US or Canada I will appreciate. Am interested in those goodies you got for me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2017
Niv25:

Am so happy I could find someone like you here who is ready to help me out...am really serious about going to study over there. I don't intend abandoning my education since I have someone who is ready to sponsor me...and I don't intend making the visa hard for the future generation. Pls how do I go about the undergraduate program and if you still hve list of schools I can apply in the US or Canada I will appreciate. Am interested in those goodies you got for me�

smiley

Am so happy I could find someone like you here who is ready to help me out...am really serious about going to study over there. I don't intend abandoning my education since I have someone who is ready to sponsor me...and I don't intend making the visa hard for the future generation. Pls how do I go about the undergraduate program and if you still hve list of schools I can apply in the US or Canada I will appreciate. Am interested in those goodies you got for me. Thanks

St Thomas College, York University, Trent University in Canada have some of the most excellent transfer program and international scholarships. They are places any international student will feel very well at home. The USA has too many of them almost at least one in every state. Bowdoin, Reed, Hamilton, University of Maine in Machias, Orono and Southern Maine. The list goes on. Bates College, Colby College, Susquehanna University, Lafayyette College, etc. These are elite places, but with a decent CGPA and good recommendation from your teachers and excellent essay, you can get in. There is always some form of scholarship partial or full. No scholarship for transfers though in Canada. Something to keep in mind. Thanks for changing your mind on absconding. There is really an inherent and intrinsic worth to getting an education. People can take away many things from you. But nobody can take an education away from you. That and God. Nobody can take God away from you even if they lock you in prison. Education is like that and is worth acquiring and staying put to learn and not running off to make cash. That time to make cash will come after you finish and you will be glad you stayed put to learn. You will stand before kings like Daniel if you are faithful.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:24am On Nov 02, 2017
philoxy4:

Thanks for the response,i was observing from the background.
How does one document a property for a VO.My dad has a few houses and land.
Thanks

Include the landed property documents (deeds and survey and C of O) and explain how you stand to inherit it maybe as the first born through some primogeniture law in Nigeria. Or perhaps you are in some kinda will. An explanation would do in your SOP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

St Thomas College, York University, Trent University in Canada have some of the most excellent transfer program and international scholarships. They are places any international student will feel very well at home. The USA has too many of them almost at least one in every state. Bowdoin, Reed, Hamilton, University of Maine in Machias, Orono and Southern Maine. The list goes on. Bates College, Colby College, Susquehanna University, Lafayyette College, etc. These are elite places, but with a decent CGPA and good recommendation from your teachers and excellent essay, you can get in. There is always some form of scholarship partial or full. No scholarship for transfers though in Canada. Something to keep in mind. Thanks for changing your mind on absconding. There is really an inherent and intrinsic worth to getting an education. People can take away many things from you. But nobody can take an education away from you. That and God. Nobody can take God away from you even if they lock you in prison. Education is like that and is worth acquiring and staying put to learn and not running off to make cash. That time to make cash will come after you finish and you will be glad you stayed put to learn. You will stand before kings like Daniel if you are faithful.

I don't really know who you are but I thank God for bringing you my way...you have been able to answer my questions beyond my imagination...I must coffees am really grateful...pls one more thing I will also like to ask you the following questions
1.which of this schools has the best affordable tuition fee for Computer science cause that's the course I have been studying for three years now..and
2. what does their tuition fee look like
3.And what is my chance of getting the visa cause I have a sponsor who has been denied the the US visa twice. Am sure not on financial ground, maybe for reason or the other...hope is not going to affect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Niv25:

I don't really know who you are but I thank God for bringing you my way...you have been able to answer my questions beyond my imagination...I must coffees am really grateful...pls one more thing I will also like to ask you the following questions
1.which of this schools has the best affordable tuition fee for Computer science cause that's the course I have been studying for three years now..and
2. what does their tuition fee look like
3.And what is my chance of getting the visa cause I have a sponsor who has been denied the the US visa twice. Am sure not on financial ground, maybe for reason or the other...hope is not going to affect my application?

All the schools I have mentioned have computer science. You need to start digging in. Their tuitions plus room and board a year are astronomical--60k US dollars a year. But good thing is they are financially generous to promising and worthy student who otherwise cannot afford to attend. I attended two of the listed schools at practically 0$ to my cost. So go try your luck. If your sponsor who is your uncle, was denied visa, that doesn't mean anything. You are not your uncle. I mentioned some second tier schools in the USA, university of Maine. 20k a year USA dollars covering for everything. St Thomas University and Trent university in Canada are also affordable. 20K a year Canadian covering everything. Go do your research sir and wishing you the best!

Ps: no guarantees on visas. USA visa is pretty straightforward and easier to get with admission letter, valid I-20 and proof of financial ability. Documenting heaven and earth that you are gonna come back like they do in Canada embassy is not really in vogue with the USA application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2017
mamacajah:

Okay, that confirms my suspicisions....

Now are you ready to take my advice? I will be very blunt and harsh but if you can take it as a point in the right direction, it will stir you up and help you get the desired result.

At this very moment, I am afraid to tell you that you are NOT ready to proceed to Canada for further studies. Infact, from the way you write and react each time you respond to people's feedback, almost makes me doubt the sincerity of your stories. There are just too many loop holes in them. If you had a former classmate who went to school in USA, why didn't you ask him/her how they did it before coming here? That response you gave was rather uncalled for and shows immaturity on your part(P.s:..you know what todo about that...hint.. when wrong, do the right thing and a.p.o.l.o.g.i.s.e...). and you don't know what aCGPA is? ok what was your GPA when you stopped school in year 3?

Now to the good part. You are still young, so what I would advise you is this. Take these last 2 months of the year and read up all the parts of travel to canada and canada student thread. If you can't do all, at least start from part 9. This will help you get a full picture of what the process is like, courses to take, when and how to apply for school admission and student visa, etc. EE is the Express entry process by which people migrate to canada without going through school route. however this process is for experienced graduates. Minimum requirement is 1 year work and post secondary qualification like a diploma, OND, HND, etc..(read up).

However, if you still insist on going to school immediately, then you need to apply to an undergraduate program and begin afresh. Read up to find out more on this. If you are looking for someone to spoon feed you, then by all means get an agent. They are many around, even on this forum, looking for easy targets..and you are almost making it very easy for them. But beware, a lot of people have been burnt using agents to the extent of getting 5 year bans that even affected their immigration plans.

But if you can read up, show some sign that you have done some research, then come back here and ask for specific questions. The family here will readily assist you. We all want our fellow country man to succeed but some of our people who have gone ahead ..have spoilt a lot of things which is now reflecting negatively on students applications from Nigeria now. We want to prevent that from continuing.

whew...that is all from me. Ciao!
SHIKENA!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2017
Tunba28:
Hi guys,

Went to my bank today to make my Pre-Admission deposit but unfortunately I was unable to make the payment cos of some CBN rules with regards to banks not helping with that without a proper admission letter. Has anyone gone through this process? Please how do I get it paid asap? I know Zlatimi did his own last week, please I need you guys to help me. Thank you
Ask the school the forms of payment they accept and take that info to your bank, asking for people here to help with the payment? seems you haven't heard stories that touch the heart here before. Just be careful with things like this so you don't fall victim
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 10:55am On Nov 02, 2017
Osemigho:

Lol. I see you too.

I see no que for me. Keep the good work up.

It is good to read past thread, some of us dey flex and ball in some elders of this land cars now.

One love.
Enjoyment things. I dey hail from far o. How studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

All the schools I have mentioned have computer science. You need to start digging in. Their tuitions plus room and board a year are astronomical--60k US dollars a year. But good thing is they are financially generous to promising and worthy student who otherwise cannot afford to attend. I attended two of the listed schools at practically 0$ to my cost. So go try your luck. If your sponsor who is your uncle, was denied visa, that doesn't mean anything. You are not your uncle. I mentioned some second tier schools in the USA, university of Maine. 20k a year USA dollars covering for everything. St Thomas University and Trent university in Canada are also affordable. 20K a year Canadian covering everything. Go do your research sir and wishing you the best!

Ps: no guarantees on visas. USA visa is pretty straightforward and easier to get with admission letter, valid I-20 and proof of financial ability. Documenting heaven and earth that you are gonna come back like they do in Canada embassy is not really in vogue with the USA application.

thanks much...I want to also know if am going to pay for the tuition fees before applying for the visa and interview. or am I going to make a partial payment before application once granted admission thanks.pls what are the procedures. Hope am not asking much..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
Good morning fam.. A quick one please ... how long does review of eligibility take .. my app has been saying we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements for about two weeks now .. that’s was when I noticed .. but I think it might be beyond two weeks .. any approved person in the house that can tell me how long it took from review of eligibility to approval of his or her app.. thanks fam

@jnyuwa02 @austinpee anyone there please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by skylar2020(f): 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
Oben209:
Good morning fam.. A quick one please ... how long does review of eligibility take .. my app has been saying we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements for about two weeks now .. that’s was when I noticed .. but I think it might be beyond two weeks .. any approved person in the house that can tell me how long it took from review of eligibility to approval of his or her app.. thanks fam
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2017
skylar2020:

When did you apply?

About 12 weeks ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
Niv25:

thanks much...I want to also know if am going to pay for the tuition fees before applying for the visa and interview. or am I going to make a partial payment before application once granted admission thanks.pls what are the procedures. Hope am not asking much..

Yes you have to pay full one year tuition and fees before visa Issued given your unique quirkiness. Would you be able to pay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
Oben209:

@jnyuwa02 @austinpee anyone there please
It is all depends on individual circumstances. I saw review eligibility once start and end in less than 24hours and a decision issued
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It is all depends on individual circumstances. I saw review eligibility once start and end in less than 24hours and a decision issued

24 hrs? That was quick!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
Nogen:

24 hrs? That was quick!

24hrs to several months as in Abiodunne's.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Niv25: 1:10pm On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yes you have to pay full one year tuition and fees before visa Issued given your unique quirkiness. Would you be able to pay?

yea my sponsor is ready to pay for that... he already has the idea what it will cost getting me to school over there...what if at the end the embassy didn't grant me visa which am not praying for, what will happen to the tuition fees I paid...and what could lead to visa denial after you must have made all the necessary payment...cause my sponsor said one is still not sure getting the visa after making all the whole payment. thanks much for your response I really appreciate cause you have really tried clearing me on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hayqinsbFX: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
22weeks processing time
The kingdom of God really suffereth violence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thanks Bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Kai!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Crownny86: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello House,

I just got admission to NBCC

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibbravura: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
Crownny86:
Hello House,

I just got admission to NBCC
Congrats. Yhu are a step forward.
Start visa application asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ibbravura: 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Bro. That reminds me hw abiodunne level sef.
The guy get patient o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.