Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834068 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Online application
June 3rd
Upfront medicals
Biometrics June 7th

Documents uploaded
CAQ
Admission letter
Financial statement of dad
Form for study permit application
Family form
Police certificate
Digital photograph
Passport data page
Optional form.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
maralina:
Cic just sent a mail ooo
they said my application is taking alot of time cause IOM sent my medicals late..
and my application was last checked july17th.. I guess is in progress

Btw.. I did medical upfront before applying, that was on January 25.. submitted March 11, biometrics March13... Medicals was sent in May
I'll send the screenshot of the mail in the morning.. my phone is doing somehow
how did u send CIC a mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
maralina:
Cic just sent a mail ooo
they said my application is taking alot of time cause IOM sent my medicals late..
and my application was last checked july17th.. I guess is in progress

Btw.. I did medical upfront before applying, that was on January 25.. submitted March 11, biometrics March13... Medicals was sent in May
I'll send the screenshot of the mail in the morning.. my phone is doing somehow

I sent them mail also the friday before last..till today no reply from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
And I'm a girl...
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
That's the email. It's been said multiple times on this thread alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2017
DereI:

Wow, thats really cool. Congrats in advance

For those whose applications have exceeded the normal processing time......learn from this.

Send CIC a message.

They don't bite!!!

Na to fire them another mail tomorrow be that na grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

I sent them mail also the friday before last..till today no reply from them
you are not alone, i have also sent them CSE. No reply. i don tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Na to fire them another mail tomorrow be that na grin

Its not too late now sef...Lols
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:
Online application
June 3rd
Upfront medicals
Biometrics June 7th

Documents uploaded
CAQ
Admission letter
Family form
Police certificate
Digital photograph
Passport data page
Optional form.

Just so simple.

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:
And I'm a girl...
you were lucky to have gotten a reply[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jjxtobi:
Online application
June 3rd
Upfront medicals
Biometrics June 7th

Documents uploaded
CAQ
Admission letter
Family form
Police certificate
Digital photograph
Passport data page
Optional form.

Hi... congrats. How did you show proof of funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Reply the mail sent to you from nairaland
Jjxtobi:
And I'm a girl...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Emmane:

By tomorrow, your app should be in Ghana, so u can link. I submitted on a Friday evening abt 6pm, and on Monday morning before 7am, I was able to link successfully at just one trial.
Pls hw can I link my application, I submitted on 6/6/17. Pls I need answer nw. Thnks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jjxtobi: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
willyboss:
Reply the mail sent to you from nairaland

I can't...... Too much anonymous messages... Sorry
Nairaland won't let me reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
glam4444:
House help me screamm!!!!!!!approved
Pls hw can I link my application 2 check it online? I av neva check it, I did paper submission, kindly put me tru so that I can check my own plsssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
glam4444:

Lol..alryt

Neco result
Had 2 yr gap but didn't include it(still a student via Unizik )
Police report
Birth certificate
Letter of intent
Application form
Bio data
Letter of acceptance
Paid for first semester tuition fee nd house rent (showed receipt)

Dad's statement of account. Closing amount 7mil
End balance 5 mil (submitted only dad's SOA)
He included affidavit
Landed property worth 2.8 mil

Submitted may 4th paper route
Called for medicals on 19th july
Went for the test on 21st July
Medicals passed on 24th or so
Approved August 2nd

This can only be God...
Very simple...

Paid Tuition and rent.. (This was key)

Just imagine an applicant paying tuition..rent and have his living expenses wired to his newly opened Canadian account from Naija.

Except the VO was sent by village people shocked

I love the payment of rent aspect....thats serious faith that the VO had no option but to approve o cos getting refund for accommodation no b here.

No strong home tie...
No employment...
tho we dont know what was written via SOP..

Sincerely from the various application profile we hav seen that were denied. This is a Miraculous Approval!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
ayotho:

please if one's uncle has paid the required deposit fee on behalf of his nephew. Does he still have to deposit some amount of money into his nephew account, to show his commitment? Thanks
Yes to make the case easier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
kenny4uu:

Pls hw can I link my application 2 check it online? I av neva check it, I did paper submission, kindly put me tru so that I can check my own plsssssss

"For those who wish to link their paper apps online....This is a step by step approach; ..here it is."

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2017
MrMarc:

This can only be God...
Very simple...

Paid Tuition and rent.. (This was key)

Just imagine an applicant paying tuition..rent and have his living expenses wired to his newly opened Canadian account from Naija.

Except the VO was sent by village people shocked

I love the payment of rent aspect....thats serious faith that the VO had no option but to approve o cos getting refund for accommodation no b here.

No strong home tie...
No employment...
tho we dont know what was written via SOP..

Sincerely from the various application profile we hav seen that were denied. This is a Miraculous Approval!!!!
Itz all God o . grin guess am d youngest here.
SOP was about how gud studying in Canada is , how it will help me nd career opportunities (1 page )

My home tie : my parents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
kenny4uu:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Datz d link...create an account using GC key .

Afta creating an account
Sign in...
Pick temporary residence
Den anoda sub will show...pick study permit
Scroll down again ..the next box ...click on family name,given name and date of birth..
Don't fill in your city of birth nd country of origin
Fill in ur passport number
Date of issue nd date of expiry
D date ur program will resume nd d date it will end ..
Lastly ur dli number ...start wit big capital letter O
Click on d next dark blue button..I think it reads . search for my application.. Afta which u can link it to ur GC account...... I hope dis helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
mcobex:
Yes to make the case easier
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 11:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
OdeyemiAdekunle:
Good evening famz...I really want to ask if my mom brother can be my cosponsor n is it possible to have one sponsor n two cosponsor... I rejoice with everyone getting there trv approved... It shall end with praise

If i were you..and this people are truly sponsors like for real. (i.e this fund is available). I dont but the idea of all this too many co-sponsor wen u can pay n hav d cash...let them jst b there in case of emergency,

You already paid fees.
Get your living expenses paid into your account..something a little above CAD10k maybe 15k

If you want to take a lil risk you can open a Canadian bank acct and send it there.

Make deposit for school hostel reservation..it is usually £100 in U.K. to keep a room for you in sch hostel.

Why all this??
The Major reason you were denied was funding and purpose of visit...i followed ur case.

If u paid ur fees...your rent and room reserved...then ur living xpenses in ur canadian account.. You nailed that aspect...cos u hav all evidence and hav shown full commitment.

Are you employed?
If YES get a leave letter and letter of introduction.
If NO try to see if you can get employment from any relation or fam biz.

Let your SOP finish the rest...especially on why u chose d course..school and how ur pgd will improve ur skill n consequently the Nigeria economy at large. You can tell a story about your dreams/passion centered around ur course and developing back home..and don't sound desperate.

If you want to go extra mile....get a consent letter from ur gf hopefully stating that u ar getting married after your program here in Nigeria...i fit even put engagement pics seff aa evidence...
Make i see why thunder no go fire devil.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kalohenic: 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sorry to hear about the delay.

Regarding your first question, it depends. Most schools in Canada uses Western Union Globalpay (a third party) which enables you to make payment from most countries. So this won't be an issue, all you need do is state your student ID number while filling the form on the site. You would forward the copy sent to your mail to the person to make the payment.

Regarding question 2. You could either get the person making the payment to be a Co sponsor with your husband as main sponsor. In addition, you would have to mention the relationship you have with this person and give convincing reasons why the person chose to support your education (it's easier if the person is a close relative). Also try to ensure that your husband has sufficient account balance and properties which validates his capacity to sponsor you while he's able to take care of other dependents.

Or if the person is a business partner of your husband and you can prove that he or she is indebted to your husband in any way to warrant the payment on his behalf, this would also suffice.

Regarding the reason for the refusal, you might need to check and ensure that the course you are going for aligns with your first degree course and that it is a higher certificate you are going for ( that's if you already have a masters prior to this)

These are my opinion.

Meanwhile, order for your gcms note and also share your full profile here for better insight

OmalichaUC:
Goodevening people. I've been following this thread and it has been highly informative.
I was denied last month cos of Purpose of visit and traveling history. I have partial funding for my M.A. Now I want to reapply as a married woman and my husband as the sponsor.
The question is;
1) Can someone else resident in Canada pay my tuition fees for me other than my sponsor husband?
2) Because I want to include the tuition fees receipt to reapply, will there be a problem if its being found that my sponsor husband didn't pay my tuition as explained in my SOP?

PLS WHAT DO I DO?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
glam4444:
House help me screamm!!!!!!!approved
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
glam4444:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Datz d link...create an account using GC key .

Afta creating an account
Sign in...
Pick temporary residence
Den anoda sub will show...pick study permit
Scroll down again ..the next box ...click on family name,given name and date of birth..
Don't fill in your city of birth nd country of origin
Fill in ur passport number
Date of issue nd date of expiry
D date ur program will resume nd d date it will end ..
Lastly ur dli number ...start wit big capital letter O
Click on d next dark blue button..I think it reads . search for my application.. Afta which u can link it to ur GC account...... I hope dis helps
Thnks my brother, bt thr is no whr thy wrote creat account in d link, pls check it wel. Also Pls what is d like number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
kenny4uu:

Thnks my brother, bt thr is no whr thy wrote creat account in d link, pls check it wel. Also Pls what is d like number?
U will see the sign up post dere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:03am On Aug 03, 2017
Boss20:

As in i tire oo. My sponsor is my employer and attached letter of sponsorship and paid study leave on company letter headed papers. He even paid 900k to my acc for my first semester tuition thats 1950CAD and promised sending 2m per semester on the letter of sponsorship.

God dey i believe i will testify soon.

I would strongly suggest you reapply and do things a little differently.

Sorry to say but you may have sounded so confident that you overlooked some things.

1. Pay ur fees cos i believe the money being in ur account can b refunded to where it cane from.

2. Pay to reserve a room from student hostel. Ask if ur sch hav such.

U already hav a job and leave wit pay.

Let it state that you hav a bond to come back after ur study as it is a company policy.

3. Since ur employer is sending u..let it b a staff development programme to enhance ur skill for further improvement of the firm.

With ur profile if properly presented..YOU DON'T HAVE A REASON BEING DENIED TRV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 12:14am On Aug 03, 2017
DereI:

Just so simple.

Congrats

Pls this approval is one of those rare cases type of approval...

Don't use it as a benchmark especially if you can do a lil more.

Ofcos Miracle do happen but first lets put the best app possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 12:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Emmane:

Lol..... God'll give you an approval for a birthday gift. Amen. But I am curious oo, are u a lady?? grin grin Cuz you act like one though. cheesy cheesy

Am a lady na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DereI(f): 12:17am On Aug 03, 2017
MrMarc:

Pls this approval is one of those rare cases type of approval...

Don't use it as a benchmark especially if you can do a lil more.

Ofcos Miracle do happen but first lets put the best app possible.

Oh I know, hence my admiration of God's wonders...

So simple...yet Uniquely chosen to get approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 12:20am On Aug 03, 2017
glam4444:

Itz all God o . grin guess am d youngest here.
SOP was about how gud studying in Canada is , how it will help me nd career opportunities (1 page )

My home tie : my parents
Lol.. you're not ooo, I join for the youngest thingy..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2017
Emmane:

By tomorrow, your app should be in Ghana, so u can link. I submitted on a Friday evening abt 6pm, and on Monday morning before 7am, I was able to link successfully at just one trial.

Okay thank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MeinKampf: 12:39am On Aug 03, 2017
Though I am yet to secure an admission into concordia, as decision on winter intake is ongoing, I already received my TRV,. The vision was so clear. I will remind The house when it manifests..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.