Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (838293 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ada17798: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello house,

My application was refused in November 2017and I reapplied in November2017 did my biometrics on 13th December and got a mail from the Visa application Centre stating that my application has been approved but when i try to track the application it shows ‘NO RECORDS’ could there be a problem somewhere?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oyeleyet(f): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello. Please I really need some help.

I have a Degree in Business Admin (FirstClass)
I intend to start my processes in securing admission in Canadian universities.
Please what schools are open to schorlarshops that I can apply to?
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello gurus in the houx
Plz I need help on a very strong SOP.
Anybody who can help, I wud really appreciate
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
tilewaaa:
.i submitted my application in june through the online root,was called for biometrics,did that.in october i got a mail from cuc that they were on the decision stage and since then tgey have only be replying every month with a mail that there as not been any update on my application.The school resumed jan 3.its been more than five months since my application.what can i do please
Sorry about that but hope you deferred your admission till the next academic term?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sleemzy13:

Thanks Bro
So, you mean after i have been treated, i still need to explain to the VO about making a medical arrangements in Canada to take care of myself which i haven't. Since that is your advice for me, i will go for it then but pls, i will need you to put me through on how to go about that (the medical arrangements) cause, i am a novice in this traveling stuff.. Pls help bro cause, i dnt wanna make any mistake that will lead to refusal sad... Perhaps i should mail you?

If you apply before you finish your treatment, the VO would want to know the medical arrangement you have made in Canada with regards to your health. But if you apply after your treatment and you're medically certified OK, then no medical arrangement in Canada needed.

Do you understand me now bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
Slik07:

If you apply before you finish your treatment, the VO would want to know the medical arrangement you have made in Canada with regards to your health. But if you apply after your treatment and you're medically certified OK, then no medical arrangement in Canada needed.

Do you understand me now bro?

Okay Bro
I understood, i planned on submitting my app between Feb 5th - 10th and my treatments ends on 2nd of Feb so, it will be after my treatments.
Thanks Bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
maygreaves:

I don't understand why a relative of yours being from a different tribe is an issue....we just like to complicate matters...so what if you have a relative who's from another country nko. Also please learn to properly phrase your question "though we are (from) different tribes" leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Take it easy on him man its a new year, he only asked a question, you could have been more nicer.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
Pls someone should help answer this post

Josh1996:
Good afternoon bosses, pls I would be applying for my masters this year as I just recently graduated (November 2017). Is the NYSC certificate a necessary document in the travel visa process as my parents aren't interested in me completing the NYSC process. Am applying for fall 2018 admission. Would also love to know how long it takes to get a student visa and it's level of difficulty especially for someone who doesn't have any travel history. Thanks and God bless..Happy new year to everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KharisNosa: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hi guys!

Thank you for the great work you do here.

I am New here and I have some questions regarding studying in canada. I hope you will be able to answer. Thank you.

I graduated from Uniben in 2014 with a third class degree from English and Literature. I'm currently doing a PGD in mass communication at Unilag but I feel like I am wasting my time.
I have a 3 years working experience as a content writer/developer.
Is it possible to apply for a masters degree to schools in Candada with a third class degree? if yes, what schools? Do i have to apply for a PGD course first? Should I finish my PGD here first?

Please kindly advise on the right steps to take. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tayonani: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello house, in 2016 I was delayed study permit to Canada, and one of d reasons is property, and meanwhile my dad has about 71 hactres of land that he inherited from is father, and the survey has been done, can I use it as my personal asset ? And what other document shd I do with it to make d papers completed? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Themechanic: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
oyeleyet:
Hello. Please I really need your help. I intend starting my application.
Please I wouldn't mind a school where I can get some sort of funding whatsoever.
I have a Bsc In Business Admin (1st class)
Can you forward me the name of your school to see if I can give it a trial?
I also sent you a pm. I'll be glad if you can respond.
Thanks.

Hey I got your message, it takes the grace ofGod to get funding.. it took me about 3 rejections for two years from different unis,
The name of my school is uni of saskatchewan. Next tim pls Kindly try and read previous posts, I have given answers to your question in previous posts.
Stay blessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
mayorelnino:

thanks for the hints. pls my case is this I finished my bsc with a 2.2 and it has been very difficult to get admission into a masters program. following this tread I see that masters has been the major advice to people seeking for trv. sincerely, I am tired of searching for a school so a friend told me to go for diploma which was what he did back in 2015 after his bsc and was approved although,I believe it wasn't as tough as this then. please what your advice on this because I dnt meet up with requirement for masters and this supervisors won't even reply me. actually I am considering diploma option.

Hello,
You don't need to bother yourself about the PGD.
Yes of course, we all know that it's very tough/difficult for a PGD applicant to convince a Visa officer that it's study intent is solely on studies and will leave Canada upon completion of the study i.e (PURPOSE OF VISIT).

Inorder for your case to scale through, i'll advice you put up a convincing SOP to why you opted for PGD instead of Masters degree. Better still, you can explain to the visa officer on your letter of intent that the PGD is a pathway to your enrollment into a Masters program in Canada. I believe if you do things right your application will turn out to be successful. You should always try to be optimistic okay! Many apply for PGD and got refused and few were approved. So believe yours will be accepted. If only you explain your case in a reasonable manner and prove to the visa officer that you're a genuine student, the Visa officer will see reasons with you and approve your visa. So believe it will work out like that of your friend too. DESTINIES ARE NOT THE SAME" many might fail, your case might be different. Let your SOP stand out for you.

Sorry for the late response.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
tayonani:
Hello house, in 2016 I was delayed study permit to Canada, and one of d reasons is property, and meanwhile my dad has about 71 hactres of land that he inherited from is father, and the survey has been done, can I use it as my personal asset ? And what other document shd I do with it to make d papers completed? Thanks

Hello,
If i understand you clearly you said your last application for a study permit was refused based on PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCIAL STATUS
This is very easy to tackle, Since your father owns a 71 Hactres of land you can add it to your application as prove of property, let your father address this in a letter stating that you own part of the land as your inheritance and you will be coming back to utilize it upon your graduation from Canada or better of, he can change the ownership to your name(willing some parts of the land to you) Any of them is okay.

Also, if you have been working and earning a good salary, you should add your salary bank statement to prove your financial establishment, but if you don't work, don't worry about it. Just add the landed property and you will be fine.

Other documents can be......
1-)Land Survery plan and
2-)Land C of O(Certificate of occupancy)

I wish you the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oougraduatefarm: 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
hello everyone,

Please is anyone coming to Canada soon? Say in 3-4 weeks?

Thanks you

Hello,
If i understand you clearly you said your last application for a study permit was refused based on PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCIAL STATUS
This is very easy to tackle, Since your father owns a 71 Hactres of land you can add it to your application as prove of property, let your father address this in a letter stating that you own part of the land as your inheritance and you will be coming back to utilize it upon your graduation from Canada or better of, he can change the ownership to your name(willing some parts of the land to you) Any of them is okay.

Also, if you have been working and earning a good salary, you should add your salary bank statement to prove your financial establishment, but if you don't work, don't worry about it. Just add the landed property and you will be fine.

1-)Land Survery plan and

I wish you the best! [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
KharisNosa:
Hi guys!

I am New here and I have some questions regarding studying in canada. I hope you will be able to answer. Thank you.

I graduated from Uniben in 2014 with a third class degree from English and Literature. I'm currently doing a PGD in mass communication at Unilag but I feel like I am wasting my time.
Is it possible to apply for a masters degree to schools in Candada with a third class degree? if yes, what schools? Do i have to apply for a PGD course first? Should I finish my PGD here first?

Hello,
It's nice you are here. Welcome.

In regards to your questions.
Sir/Ma, Be guided that the minimum requirement for a masters degree in Canada is 2.1(Second class upper).
Anything below that is not eligible and will have to go through a PGD inorder to be accepted into a masters program.

I can see you are already enrolled into a PGD at Unilag, which is a nice one. You're deliberating whether to drop the course and further your PGD in Canada, but ill advice you complete your course, sit up this time, be serious minded with your books and try as much as possible to obtain a good grade that can secure you a masters degree in Canada rather than leaving the course you have already enrolled in.

Mind you, the Visa officers aren't daft either. How do you intend to convince them that you're a serious student, what made you think you are wasting time at UniLag? Since you can't make a good grade in Nigeria, how do you think you can make it in Canada, that will be the question a visa officer will throw at your app. So I best advise you stay back and complete your studies in Nigeria, then can now further for a masters program in Canada.

I hope this helps,

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Chinlov: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello house. Plus what about GRE. I haven't heard anything on it or you guys are getting admitted without it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tayonani: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
Chinlov:
Hello house. Plus what about GRE. I haven't heard anything on it or you guys are getting admitted without it?
There re several institutions that admit without GRE, let google be ur friend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tayonani: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello,

1-)Land Survery plan and

I wish you the best!
Thanks,d vo ticked 3, and d third is purpose, then I went for an undergraduate program ,after NYSC cert, so I have worked on that cos currently am processing my PGD admission in Seneca college, and am working on my personal acct through some savings, ur advise re noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 2:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Themechanic:

I got a REsearch assistantship covering tuition and living
Pls how long did it take for one to get his passport back after submitting at visa office for trv to be issued.

So you didn't add extra sponsor?

No fixed period but around 2weeks I guess.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 2:51am On Jan 05, 2018
KharisNosa:
Hi guys!

Finish your PGD and immigrate with express entry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lemia(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2018
Themechanic:
Praise God!TRV approved.
I am going for MSC. Usask

Here’s our Timelines and documents submitted
First application:
Application Date: 10/10/17 (Online)
Biometrics: 11/10/17
Medicals Passed: 1/11/17
Refusal: 10/11/17

Reasons

Purpose of visit
Personal assets (I didnt submitt my SOA and personal property)
Curent employment situ.

I reviewed my app with the help of wealth360 and jnyuwa02
Gave then a better sop and added more documents then prayed everyday.

Second app:

Application Date: 20/11/17 (Online)
Biometrics: 21/11/17
Medical Call: 19/12/17 despite submitting upfront I sent them mails and did redocumentation at childrens practice.
Medicals Passed: 28/12/17
Approval: 2/01/18

Documents submitted:
Admission letter
Upfront Medicals
CIC s forms
Bio-data Page with no travel history
Degree, NYSC, current employment letter,
Previous internship letter,
Transcript
Birth cert,
My SOA of about 450K
Two family Property document
LOE strong highlights of refusal points
Proof of funding.

You’re all much appreciated and I pray that all TRV hopefuls will receive positive responses in record time in Jesus Name (Amen). For those that have been refused, please keep hope alive and don’t give up��

My people for USASK make una get ready. God bless us all!

Could you kindly drop your contact?

Email or Whatsapp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 05, 2018
mcobex:
Bro I hail, how's Canada treating you and madam?
Happy New Year to you!
Sorry it took this long to respond.... trying to settle - in.
No mind this our people... I applied for my family to join but was refused 2x.... all for an unimaginable reason on the 2 GCMS notes (unused USA visa).
They had to travel to the US by fire by force before i reapplied... got approvals about 10 days after submission .... not funny!!
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2018
NOTICE
Good day guys,
I have noticed with concern that most of us DO NOT usually address VOs main expectation when putting up application and LoE.....
Please note that your most desired responsibilities (after eligibility) when making a study permit application should be;
1. Aside of choosing a right program; explain and proof why you intend to spend so much money going abroad to study a program readily available in your home country!!!
2. Stating clearly those factors or ties that will make you want to return after studies..... don't be deceived into thinking VOs will not already see your genuineness by the ways applications are packaged at most times.
3. Of course funding comes as #3 ..... usually it is better to show sources that guarantees an ability to continually fund your program & maintenance than displaying lump sums (E.g. a regular flow of income & liquid assets)
Good luck!!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 9:00am On Jan 05, 2018
@Frankrobbn1 , Osemigho

1) Please, do you think one can use a CAC document of business that recently registered ( Lets say a month before visa application) to proof a source of income ?

Note that this business has been running for years, but just get registered.

2) What is the best way to pays tuition in order to convince the VO, must my sponsor pay directly to the school? OR Pay to my account first so that I can transfer to the school.

Your response shall be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ggetter50: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2018
Peaceonyi:
Hello NL, i really need more info on proof of fund/sponsorship matter. The truth is that i have saved up for my tuition fee, which i am to pay to the canadian school soon. I still need proof of funds/sponsor for study VISA purposes and seems like it should be father/mother/sibling/uncle/aunty/ or inlaw. I don't have any of my immediate or extended family financially capable of being my sponsor, but i have another sponsor (a non-family member) who is willing to stand as my sponsor and show POF for my other student expenses. Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? How did you handle it? Was it enough "financially" to be granted the study permit? Meanwhile, Do i need to transfer my tuition fee (that i have already saved up personally) to my non-family sponsor to pay to the school on my behalf? or pay directly to the school myself? Does it have any effect on the visa application process? Please HELP!!!

Hello family,

A good response to these questions shall go a long way to help others in similar situation.

@Wierdpc , Osemigho, Folaroyal , Nogen , Frankrobbn1

Thanks for your response, may God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ada17798: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Ada17798:
Hello house,

My application was refused in November 2017and I reapplied in November2017 did my biometrics on 13th December and got a mail from the Visa application Centre stating that my application has been approved but when i try to track the application it shows ‘NO RECORDS’ could there be a problem somewhere?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Jan 05, 2018
Ggetter50:
@Frankrobbn1 , Osemigho

1) Please, do you think one can use a CAC document of business that recently registered ( Lets say a month before visa application) to proof a source of income ?

Note that this business has been running for years, but just get registered.

2) What is the best way to pays tuition in order to convince the VO, must my sponsor pay directly to the school? OR Pay to my account first so that I can transfer to the school.

Your response shall be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, I think you can use a CAC document of the business for your visa application, only if the company in question has been running with a business name, a business letter headed paper, and you have being paying your bills like environmental sanitation, electric bills, local government taxes etc... I don't see anything bad anyway. You just need to explain to them that such business has been in existence, i.e including previous business receipts, transcation and sales that have been going on prior the company got registered.

In respect to the second question,
You paying your tuition fee directly will be the best option here, because cic don't look at who pays the tuition fees, or the medium with which the tuition fees was paid.
You don't necessarily need to transfer funds to your sponsor before you can pay for your tuition, you can pay it yourself, while your sponspor address it in his letter of sponsorship that as a matter of fact, he has paid your full tuition.

Inconclusion, After paying your full tuition will you have any available funds? If you don't have any available funds, I don't see reasons to why you should include your CAC document. Mind you, while adding a CAC document you should have it in mind to include your business bank statement indicating such business earn some income. But if you have, you can add it to your app A REGISTERED BUSINESS IS A GOOD HOME TIE "

This is my opinion.

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2018
Josh1996:
Pls someone should help answer this post

1. NYSC cert is not a necessary doc for visa processing
2. Study visa average processing time is 19 weeks the last time I checked.
3. A lot of people with no travel history have had their visa applications approved.

I hope this helps...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh1996: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2018
Yes it does....Thanks Boss

Slik07:

1. NYSC cert is not a necessary doc for visa processing
2. Study visa average processing time is 19 weeks the last time I checked.
3. A lot of people with no travel history have had their visa applications approved.

I hope this helps...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by belle94: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2018
I just got this from, immigration. ...confused, what does it mean

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2018
belle94:
I just got this from, immigration. ...confused, what does it mean

was it paper or online application? or did you link your paper application to the online account? if it was online or you linked the paper application to your online account, sign in and download the final decision.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jachan: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2018
Please is there whatsapp group for study in Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.