Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,164 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827864 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2018
oyeleyet:
Hello. Please I really need some help.
I have a Degree in Business Admin (FirstClass) I intend to start my processes in securing admission in Canadian universities. Please what schools are open to schorlarshops that I can apply to? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Check the following schools
Brandon University York University University of Toronto(very competitive tho) University of Saskachewan (funding is sure if u meet their requirement)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2018
Jachan:
Please is there whatsapp group for study in Canada?
Nothing of such here...Ask your questions here or better still plead that you send a DM if personal..
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jachan: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2018
I will like to go for undergraduate studies In mcgill... What and what do I need?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2018
Jachan:
I will like to go for undergraduate studies In mcgill... What and what do I need?
Check the undergraduate admission requirement of the school, if you meet the requirement then shoot.

O'level certificate(Neco/waec)
Standardize test( IELTS or TOEFL)
High School Transcript
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2018
bayocanny:

Check the undergraduate admission requirement of the school, if you meet the requirement then shoot.

High School Transcript

It’s in Quebec....French proficiency
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jachan: 11:34am On Jan 05, 2018
Will I be given scholarship ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2018
bayocanny:

High School Transcript

It’s in Quebec....French proficiency??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2018
Moley22:

It’s in Quebec....French proficiency??
Check the requirement very well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
belle94:
I just got this from, immigration. ...confused, what does it mean
This is a generic mail sent in response to a query on the status of an application. You must have requested an update on your application before you received such.
This clarifies the status of your application as "finalised".... you can contact vfs to pick up.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by belle94: 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
I wasn't sent for medical, hmmmmm

Folaroyal:

This is a generic mail sent in response to a query on the status of an application. You must have requested an update on your application before you received such.
This clarifies the status of your application as "finalised".... you can contact vfs to pick up.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Peaceonyi:
Hello NL, i really need more info on proof of fund/sponsorship matter. The truth is that i have saved up for my tuition fee, which i am to pay to the canadian school soon. I still need proof of funds/sponsor for study VISA purposes and seems like it should be father/mother/sibling/uncle/aunty/ or inlaw. I don't have any of my immediate or extended family financially capable of being my sponsor, but i have another sponsor (a non-family member) who is willing to stand as my sponsor and show POF for my other student expenses. Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? How did you handle it? Was it enough "financially" to be granted the study permit?
As much as it is good to use a family as a sponsor, you can equally use a 3rd party BUT you will do more in establishing your relationship and WHY they have to sponsor you this may include .... are you a key resource to a company that needs training or development?.... are you an adopted child ofsponsor?
you will provide affidavits and proof of income of sponsor.

Meanwhile, Do i need to transfer my tuition fee (that i have already saved up personally) to my non-family sponsor to pay to the school on my behalf? or pay directly to the school myself? Does it have any effect on the visa application process?
Payment can be made in any form most comfortable to you... you may only wish to include the bank activity (statement) of such transfer as evidence of payment (which the school would have even sent to you)

Please HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
belle94:
I wasn't sent for medical, hmmmmm

You should have an idea of what the result is then..... unless there's a miracle.
There's always hope!
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Electroweb(m): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good day Everyone
I will like have your input on an issue.
I have a relative in his early thirties that wants to travel for B.Sc degree in Canada. Do you think he has a good chance to get visa and admission based on his age? How much do you think his living expenses will be? While schooling can he also work to support himself?

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
Can anybody plear help by recommending schools that accept international intake by spring?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Saintee2009(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
@osemigho I've been reading your posts for the past 5hours. Lol! Had to take a break on page 16.
Yes, I'm new and still reading and gathering all necessary information before I plan my next move forward. I'm getting used to some of the abbreviations too.
I greet you all perfectly well o.
Basic information...
27yrs old, Single. Civil Engineering, 2013 3.5/5.0 (Last 2yrs should be more than 3.5)
Thoughts anyone?
I'm reading both the student visa and EE thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by badtlimo(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
any info on undergraduate I'm 22
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pearl30: 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Bro agents cannot do the work for you of acceptance into an LLM, which would have required you write rigorous statement of intent and provide a copy of a graded writing project or a thesis proposal. Agents can't write you a thesis proposal, so they would rather slap you with a graduate certificate so they could do the minimum work possible. Good news is LLM is readily available if you would take time to go through the rigorous admission process, it will pay off with getting your visa. Sit down, buckle your belt and work through the process yourself. Queens, Trent, Calgary have good LLM programs with scholarships. We are here if you need to ask any questions. Good luck!

Ps: expand your search beyond UToronto, extremely competitive. Get medium competitive and less competitive schools into the mix to apply. Expand your chances by not applying to only one school is what I am saying in essence.

Thanks for the info...but i have a 2:2 which makes it quite difficult to go in directly for LL.M and most of the schools require a 2:1....
What is the way out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
Electroweb:
Good day Everyone
I will like have your input on an issue.
I have a relative in his early thirties that wants to travel for B.Sc degree in Canada. Do you think he has a good chance to get visa and admission based on his age? How much do you think his living expenses will be? While schooling can he also work to support himself?

Cheers
What is your "relative" primary intention to go to canada, to study or to emigrate?

Your questions are suggestive of the latter but then, the burden would be on this your relative to prove to the officer the primary intention and why? Be it BSC, MSC or PHD.

So help your "relative" to know this or better still, advise him/her to read all necessary and useful information on this thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oyeleyet(f): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks and I really appreciate for the help.

Already checking out Univ of Saskatchewan. And I do like d school. I ll check d others out.
Are you a student already or a prospectice student?

bayocanny:

Brandon University
York University
University of Toronto(very competitive tho)
University of Saskachewan (funding is sure if u meet their requirement)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
oyeleyet:
Thanks and I really appreciate for the help.

Already checking out Univ of Saskatchewan. And I do like d school. I ll check d others out.
Are you a student already or a prospectice student?

Prospective student
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cabalocracy: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
guys please how do you know you have been banned from entering Canada and the number of years.i was denied late​ last year for misrepresentation but I can't find it anywhere on the refusal letter that I have been banned.It was even stated in the first page of the letter that I am free to reapply..is that how it works?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2018
Plz I need assistance on the one.
hurricanesgrace:
Hello gurus in the houx
Plz I need help on a very strong SOP.
Anybody who can help, I wud really appreciate
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pappybarry(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good day all. I know this is not the thread for my question but I'd be very appreciative if someone could help me with information on how to go about applying for a work permit Canada visa. I've got no professional skills at the moment so I'm looking towards an unskilled job. Referrals to an active thread as this one would be welcomed also. Thanks Fam! You guys are amazing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
bayocanny:

Brandon University
York University
University of Toronto(very competitive tho)
University of Saskachewan (funding is sure if u meet their requirement)

Funding is not sure at USASK even if you meet the requirements. Competition is stiff among equally qualifying applicaants so you have to find a way to distinguish yourself from the handful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
cabalocracy:
guys please how do you know you have been banned from entering Canada and the number of years.i was denied late​ last year for misrepresentation but I can't find it anywhere on the refusal letter that I have been banned.It was even stated in the first page of the letter that I am free to reapply..is that how it works?

I know someone with misrepresentation issue but it was not stated in the generic produced decision letter that he was banned. He found out he had a five year ban only through ordering gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ggetter50:
@Frankrobbn1 , Osemigho

1) Please, do you think one can use a CAC document of business that recently registered ( Lets say a month before visa application) to proof a source of income ?

Note that this business has been running for years, but just get registered.

2) What is the best way to pays tuition in order to convince the VO, must my sponsor pay directly to the school? OR Pay to my account first so that I can transfer to the school.

Your response shall be appreciated.

Thanks

You have a good answer already. For 2, any would work so long your fees are cleared and you have enough for living expenses while your sponsor is not bankrupt after that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Funding is not sure at USASK even if you meet the requirements. Competition is stiff among equally qualifying applicaants so you have to find a way to distinguish yourself from the handful.
Thanks for the hint bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Osemigho: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
Saintee2009:
@osemigho I've been reading your posts for the past 5hours. Lol! Had to take a break on page 16.
Yes, I'm new and still reading and gathering all necessary information before I plan my next move forward. I'm getting used to some of the abbreviations too.
I greet you all perfectly well o.
Basic information...
27yrs old, Single. Civil Engineering, 2013 3.5/5.0 (Last 2yrs should be more than 3.5)
Thoughts anyone?
I'm reading both the student visa and EE thread.

Lol. I Hope you are finding it useful.

Admission application season for Fall is rounding up and my guess is that you are just learning the process.

My simple advise, read page 0-100 of EE thread and start the process. It is very straightforward and You can do provincial nomination.

The student route is complex and your GPA is not smiling enough. If you want to go this route, you will have to read beyond my post and strategize for admission, funding (very doubtful due to your GPA) and student visa which can also be very complicated. It is even easier to study after getting your PR.

Go and make life easier for yourself with less reading and better chances.

Shalom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by capsule(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Osemigho:

Lol. I Hope you are finding it useful.

Admission application season for Fall is rounding up and my guess is that you are just learning the process.

My simple advise, read page 0-100 of EE thread and start the process. It is very straightforward and You can do provincial nomination.

The student route is complex and your GPA is not smiling enough. If you want to go this route, you will have to read beyond my post and strategize for admission, funding (very doubtful due to your GPA) and student visa which can also be very complicated. It is even easier to study after getting your PR.

Go and make life easier for yourself with less reading and better chances.

Shalom!

I thought they mostly request for a 2:1. 3.5/5.0 is an upper in Nigeria, so you are saying he is going to find it difficult?
In my case, I made a 2:2 (3.47/5.0), I have a Master's degree from UI (PhD grade). I want to go do another Masters in Canada, my plan was to follow the pgd path and be silent about the Master's degree, but I learnt winning the war with pgd at the VO's office ain't easy. so should I apply with my msc for another msc? what are my chances please...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Take it easy on him man its a new year, he only asked a question, you could have been more nicer.

A new year means an end to things like tribalism, sexism, racism and all other ism....That might not be his or her intention in that statement, but when you address such topics, we all need to be more careful in how we phrase our words.

Apologies if you felt i came across rudely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.