Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (831031 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
Pahpahjay:
Bsc and spring 2018 But I’m having immigration delays here .....You could possibly help me!!....This is my second refusal !!.First was lack of funds ,funds and funds after tackling that Second refusal was Purpose of visit and Financial status and asset!.....Thank you bro !!!....

I'm also heading for the Spring 2018(BSc to be precise). We can possibly relate.

In respect to your complaint,
I'm sorry to hear your application got refused the second time.
Please you can check previous post on this thread where i mentioned how best to tackle
PURPOSE OF VISIT &
PERSONAL FINANCIAL STATUS AND ASSEST.
I guess you aren't getting things right on your application, or your SOP was weak to explain things to the VO.

Meanwhile, let me give a breakdown of things you need to do next.

PURPOSE OF VISIT - Are you going for a second degree? If not... Your chosen field of study in Canada should be relevant to previous studies or your job role.
Did your SOP highlight the following -

1-) Your academic background explained briefly
2-) Why you choose Canada not Nigeria.
3-) Why university of Winnipeg
4-) The program of choice.
5-) How you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
6-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

Get the above done on your SOP and Pm some responsible monikers here to review them for you.

PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL ESTABLISHMENT -

√Are you currently employed?
Did you add your salary bank statement/Payslips?

√Do you have any family landed properties or business?
Did you add it to your app that such land will be willed to you as part of your inheritance or you're a shareholder in your family company and will be coming back to take the business to a greater height.

Lastly If you're gainfully employed Add your CV, Letter of employment, introductory letters from employer, work I.D, your certificates etc.....

Never to worry okay, your next application will turn out to be successful.

Also, Its very necessary to order for your GCMS NOTE (Very important), As this will give us an insight on what the visa officer said concerning your APP.

Regards,
Frank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
adexyz91:

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. What if one isn't gainfully employed (i.e Not up 400CAD). And also can I tackle "Job prospects in your country"? Thanks in anticipation

Yes you can Sir! There is no cut-off salary/bank statement for that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
WEIRDPC:

Someone was recently approved on this thread with a sponsor that is not related. Let him write a letter of support emphasising why he wants to sponsor you. make your tuition payment and collect your living expenses in your personal account. make sure you attach evidences of this transaction. The person must have enough funds to take care of his dependents and himself. you should be fine.

Best wishes
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
sola0004:
Hello Guys,

I have been a silent member here since last year.

I submitted my application on the 6th of November, got a notification for biometrics the following day and i did immediately.

Documents Submitted.

>>Normal CIC documents
>>My CV
>>Statement of Purpose
>>Transcript
>>Employment Letter
>>Copy of My international Passport
>>Letter of sponsorship from my father, closing balance of 1.3m tbills investment of about 24mill

I got a call for medicals on The 2nd of January 2018, i did medicals on 3rd of January, i saw the notification that i passed medicals on the 5th of January, few minutes later, i got another notification that my request has been approved that i should send my original passport. immediately i went to the VFS office at lekki to send my passport.

School is lambton college PGD.

This application was just God because i didnt add the required docs that is normally preached here. I didnt submit police report, i didnt submit my birth certificate. i just submitted the things they requested on the application page.

I am a first time applicant and God did it, God will do yours too, just be sincere and let God handle the rest.

Please anyone resuming Lambton in September should be inbox me or anyone that is there, i need help on how ti prepare. email: gbadamosihope@gmail.com.

Sorry is this Gbadamosi Hope from Shalom christain college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
niceoneboy:

Pleasant afternoon to you all,

I'm 39 years old now, with over 7 years work experience in financial institution, I did my Master degree in UK. I now have MBA admission in Canada, do you think i stand a chance of getting study permit.

Kindly advise.

You do have a chance with study permit. All depends on how you craft your application. Age is no barrier, how long you have taken off from school is no barrier. Just portray yourself as a genuine student and you would be golden. And on another note, to correct a wrong perception I read here, too much documents doesn't show desperation. Show as much documents as required to show the totality of your circumstance. The problem isn't too much documents, but too much unnecessary documents. I have seen people submitting their car registration documents. Talk of unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akfakorede(m): 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
sola0004:
Hello Guys,

I submitted my application on the 6th of November, got a notification for biometrics the following day and i did immediately.

Documents Submitted.

>>Normal CIC documents
>>My CV
>>Statement of Purpose
>>Transcript
>>Employment Letter
>>Letter of sponsorship from my father, closing balance of 1.3m tbills investment of about 24mill

I got a call for medicals on The 2nd of January 2018, i did medicals on 3rd of January, i saw the notification that i passed medicals on the 5th of January, few minutes later, i got another notification that my request has been approved that i should send my original passport. immediately i went to the VFS office at lekki to send my passport.

This application was just God because i didnt add the required docs that is normally preached here. I didnt submit police report, i didnt submit my birth certificate. i just submitted the things they requested on the application page.

I am a first time applicant and God did it, God will do yours too, just be sincere and let God handle the rest.

Please anyone resuming Lambton in September should be inbox me or anyone that is there, i need help on how ti prepare. email: gbadamosihope@gmail.com.

What document did you submit with bank statement to prove you have sufficient funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by NobleA007: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have been a silient reader since last year and you guys are doing a great work here.
Please i would like to know how i can order for my GCMS note and i don't know how to go about it.
I would be glad to hear your swift response guyz.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tayonani: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
Bright9412:

Congrats bro!

Seems police report is no longer required as the space to upload it online is no longer available.

I believe in online applications as you would know what’s required and not add irrelevant documents.

I strongly recommend people applying through paper route to create a profile online to know the required documents. Too much documents may increase processing time and it might depict desperation.

Congrats once again.

Pls drop d link for online page,
And can I use 5 months personal statement, I will add sponsor statement which is 6 months house?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by NobleA007: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
@Austinpee4
@jnyuwa02

Please guys....I sent you a PM.
I will appreciate you response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akfakorede(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
WEIRDPC:

The sum of the room board and others should be above 10k. you can use room and board 8k. others 4k.

then "funds available for for my stay" section will be 11k cad like that??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bright9412: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
tayonani:

Pls drop d link for online page,
And can I use 5 months personal statement, I will add sponsor statement which is 6 months house?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Statement of account must be atleast 4 months. So, you can use it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sola0004: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Tbills certificates to prove the investment is legit
Akfakorede:

What document did you submit with bank statement to prove you have sufficient funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sola0004: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
Yes pls, u seem to know me....can i know u too??
Abiodunne:

Sorry is this Gbadamosi Hope from Shalom christain college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Akfakorede:

then "funds available for for my stay" section will be 11k cad like that??

Funds available for your study should cover tuition, others and room and board. How much do you have available for your study? that's what you should fill there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vikmeek: 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good Day all,

In a bid to tackle all d necessary aspects bfr submitting my application, I ended up submitting late, on the 22nd of Dec, 2017 for Jan, 2018 start date, U of Ottawa.

I did upfront medical and paper route,

My question is should I write to my school now for deferement to maybe summer or spring 2018, or should I chill a little. My session resumed today.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IstandWitBuhari: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
kylexy61:

Yes I have paid the application fee. My intending supervisor is prof Hadjigeorgiou

mine is prof hegazi. has yours spoken to you since after your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Qupp: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hello guys pls anyone with an idea of a school in canada that takes second class lower bsc students for master. Am studying microbiology in unilorin final year looking for a school to do masters in canada after failing to get visa twice so i decided to finish my current program before trying again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
sola0004:
Hello Guys,

Documents Submitted.

>>Normal CIC documents
>>My CV
>>Statement of Purpose
>>Transcript
>>Employment Letter

I tap into this grace IJN

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
Qupp:
Hello guys pls anyone with an idea of a school in canada that takes second class lower bsc students for master. Am studying microbiology in unilorin final year looking for a school to do masters in canada after failing to get visa twice so i decided to finish my current program before trying again.

Your 300 level and 400 level.... do you have an idea of what your CGPA would be in just the last two years of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TheManOfTheYear: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
Guys, will Canada accept a 3-year degree? (Direct entry mode) or will they require one to take preparatory courses for an MSc?

Plus what are one's chances of getting a funding in the STEM areas? Is it based on cgpa or impressive application? What exactly is the criterion/ria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
sola0004:
Yes pls, u seem to know me....can i know u too??

Young man its Mofi.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Qupp: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
My 300l result wasnt that good because the second refusal affected me but working very hard for the final one
WEIRDPC:

Your 300 level and 400 level.... do you have an idea of what your CGPA would be in just the last two years of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mayorelnino(m): 12:35am On Jan 09, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello,
You don't need to bother yourself about the PGD.
Yes of course, we all know that it's very tough/difficult for a PGD applicant to convince a Visa officer that it's study intent is solely on studies and will leave Canada upon completion of the study i.e (PURPOSE OF VISIT).

Inorder for your case to scale through, i'll advice you put up a convincing SOP to why you opted for PGD instead of Masters degree. Better still, you can explain to the visa officer on your letter of intent that the PGD is a pathway to your enrollment into a Masters program in Canada. I believe if you do things right your application will turn out to be successful. You should always try to be optimistic okay! Many apply for PGD and got refused and few were approved. So believe yours will be accepted. If only you explain your case in a reasonable manner and prove to the visa officer that you're a genuine student, the Visa officer will see reasons with you and approve your visa. So believe it will work out like that of your friend too. DESTINIES ARE NOT THE SAME" many might fail, your case might be different. Let your SOP stand out for you.

Sorry for the late response.

All the best!
thanks bro. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by NobleA007: 1:41am On Jan 09, 2018
@Abiodunne Plz I sent you a PM n am still waiting to hear from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:20am On Jan 09, 2018
vikmeek:
Good Day all,

In a bid to tackle all d necessary aspects bfr submitting my application, I ended up submitting late, on the 22nd of Dec, 2017 for Jan, 2018 start date, U of Ottawa.

I did upfront medical and paper route,

My question is should I write to my school now for deferement to maybe summer or spring 2018, or should I chill a little. My session resumed today.

Thank you

Yes, without further to do request admission deferment and send Accra the necessary paperwork. Or you can wait. If Accra wants to approve your visa application, they will ask for updated admission offer. You want to be sure how many times you may defer your admission before requesting deferment. Some schools have stipulations. If you are allowed only once, wait till Acrra requests the admission letters or to be safe, request deferment for Fall 2018. This would allow ample time to process your application and tackle any delays God forbid there is any.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oriazowan: 7:18am On Jan 09, 2018
Good morning house,
Please I need your advise. I got passport request on 2Jan and submitted it on 3rd Jan. Till now, there has been no update on my account and when I track the passport it says "your visa application tracking ID *******is been processed in the Canada Visa Office. I called vfs yesterday and they said it was sent to the high commission on Wednesday. Now my school resumed since 3rd Jan and I have booked my flight for Thursday. Please what can I do to tackle this issue? M scared. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2018
NobleA007:
@Abiodunne Plz I sent you a PM n am still waiting to hear from you.

I have just replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kylexy61(m): 9:19am On Jan 09, 2018
IstandWitBuhari:

mine is prof hegazi. has yours spoken to you since after your application?

No, he hasn't spoken to me yet. Has yours spoken to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2018
oriazowan:
Good morning house,
Please I need your advise. I got passport request on 2Jan and submitted it on 3rd Jan. Till now, there has been no update on my account and when I track the passport it says "your visa application tracking ID *******is been processed in the Canada Visa Office. I called vfs yesterday and they said it was sent to the high commission on Wednesday. Now my school resumed since 3rd Jan and I have booked my flight for Thursday. Please what can I do to tackle this issue? M scared. Thank you

I'm in same boat with you, but yet to book my flight. So exercise some patience. You will soon smile. Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Realme4u: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2018
Visa application,Tracking Id No. – has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office ,Abuja on . An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Pls my people can someone please explain the above message for me. I thought open work permit is processed in Lagos thou I applied in abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osagiepetre2b(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2018
Good morning all. Iam new here and ive been going through most parts of the trend. Really learnt a lot and I think iam ready to follow in the steps of gurus in the house. I would be posting my progress here from time to time and would love to get all your insights. Presently researching schools and I think I found one (red river college). Would love to get first hand info on the school or any other just incase. Thanks and anticipating favourable responds from you all. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.