Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827980 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
Kwamentim3:
Jeremy I have sent you a mail, kindly reply. Thanks

Okay, but preferable to ask here so all can benefit if its not confidential question. That said, just replied your October 2017 pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omodadi2: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Themechanic:

Send a mail to lagos.immigration.gc.ca and use urgent as your subject.
State your details nd attach your ticket photo it might work.

Did you mean Lagos.immgration@gc.ca?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nyinyez7(f): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Thanks ma'am. I did pm her via email. She wasn't online at that time. Still getting used to this forum.
saucepan:

Hello dear, from what I have observed here is this. Your infant with US citizenship doesn't need a visa. Just mention that you will be going with her in your SOP, state the arrangement for child care and show enough funds.
Wishing you the very best.
NB send a PM to Nogen. You will find her quite helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hello Good people.
So as a physics graduate,currently running a masters program(rad/health phy) somewhere in Nigeria(hoping to finish by Sep this year), i decided to apply for another masters program in Biomedical physics at University of Saskatchewan or physics and engineering physics at Ryerson University.
Please i want to know if it is advisable to apply to the two universities, i am very new to canadian University admissions. One can is almost very sure of an admission into UK schools, cant say same for canadian school. I wouldnt want to waste limited resources to apply to two schools if it isnt necessary. Advise me Please...

Secondly, there is a tiny discrepancy in the spelling of my surname. With the exception of my birth cert and lga cert, my surname is spelt ABPOIKE. Meaning my birth cert n lga cert has ABPUIKE as my surname while all other documents has ABPOIKE.(Surname used in this scenario is hypothetical). The mistake was from my WAEC, i continued using the one on my WAEC cert till date. Needless to say the name of the rest of my family is ABPUIKE.
Out of negligence and ignorance, i never thought it was going to be a problem form me until now, reading through this thread, i am very scared this oversight might come back to bite me... Please advise me on this. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kwamentim3: 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
I have replied your mail
jnyuwa02:

Okay, but preferable to ask here so all can benefit if its not confidential question. That said, just replied your October 2017 pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dkosu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
Congratulations Bro.... Can I have your email address, please? I need guidance
Pyale:
Hello my people,
Many thanks to every contributor here.
My University offered me admission on the 9th Nov for a programme starting 8 Jan, 2018. I have been offered a graduate research assistant fellowship which is valued at 25000 CAD yearly. Although the fellowship grant does not cover my tuition, I plan to authorise my Uni to deduct my tuition from my grant. I have already started my online application, but yet to submit as I have some questions to ask us here:
1. Can the fellowship approval letter alone serve as a proof of sufficient grant to a visa officer or I may have to support this with bank statements
2. Do I stand the chance of getting TRV approval between now and, say December 31, 2017?
3. My upfront medical exam appointment is today. Do I also have to request for an upfront police certificate, or wait for it to be requested from me?
4. Any other advise you may give to facilitate the application process.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sasha2234: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys

I'm new here. I just got admission into centennial college for my 1st degree. I'm 22 years old. How do I go about my application,what documents do I need. I'm scared because I hear the canadian embassy deny visas a lot.

My sponsor is a distant relative. Please help me out with information on what to do to avoid denial.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
gbemiigbal:
Greetings all:

I applied for PDG and submitted my application in June 2017 and not response till December 2017 and was refused.

Though i have been working for about 15 years after my degree and have a masters but was advised to apply for PDG. I am reapplying for Sept 2018 intake how do i go about it. Should i go for another masters or PDG?
Thanks

I will advise you to try the Express Entry route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
Good day Everyone. I have noticed people mention SOP but while checking for the required list of documents I am to provide, I dont see SOP but LOE which is optional. Are they the same documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
KlausMike:
Good day Everyone. I have noticed people mention SOP but while checking for the required list of documents I am to provide, I dont see SOP but LOE which is optional. Are they the same documents?

Same beast with different names.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KlausMike(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Same beast with different names.

grin na real same beast... thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
CookieLaVee:
Hello Good people.
So as a physics graduate,currently running a masters program(rad/health phy) somewhere in Nigeria(hoping to finish by Sep this year), i decided to apply for another masters program in Biomedical physics at University of Saskatchewan or physics and engineering physics at Ryerson University.
Please i want to know if it is advisable to apply to the two universities, i am very new to canadian University admissions. One can is almost very sure of an admission into UK schools, cant say same for canadian school. I wouldnt want to waste limited resources to apply to two schools if it isnt necessary. Advise me Please...

Secondly, there is a tiny discrepancy in the spelling of my surname. With the exception of my birth cert and lga cert, my surname is spelt ABPOIKE. Meaning my birth cert n lga cert has ABPUIKE as my surname while all other documents has ABPOIKE.(Surname used in this scenario is hypothetical). The mistake was from my WAEC, i continued using the one on my WAEC cert till date. Needless to say the name of the rest of my family is ABPUIKE.
Out of negligence and ignorance, i never thought it was going to be a problem form me until now, reading through this thread, i am very scared this oversight might come back to bite me... Please advise me on this. Thank you all.

It is advisable to apply to both universities and even more if you can afford tha application fees. The truth is you don't know who is going to accept you and who is going to reject you. You improve your odds by spreading your tentacles to a number of schools that you meet their admission requirements. Any discrepancy of names should easily be settled with a sworn statement or affidavit. Evidence elsewhere on birth certificate or other documents from the past, needs to show how such discrepancy came to be. You should be good and no worries if you do these. Good luck. You should enjoy USASK if you get in because there is a big community of Nigerians at that school.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Anybody knows how to submit a new admission letter to CIC even before they require a new one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Qadi:
Anybody knows how to submit a new admission letter to CIC even before they require a new one?

Send the new admission letter as an attachment to Accra at email you can find on page 0 of this forum. Include your UCI number. They should acknowledge they have added the letter to your file or if they don't respond to the email other than the the generic email you initially get, log in to your online profile and in a few days it should be reading, "the additional documents your submitted is been reviewed."

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Send the new admission letter as an attachment to Accra at email you can find on page 0 of this forum. Include your UCI number. They should acknowledge they have added the letter to your file or if they don't respond to the email other than the the generic email you initially get, log in to your online profile and in a few days it should be reading, "the additional documents your submitted is been reviewed."

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Themechanic: 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Omodadi2:

Did you mean Lagos.immgration@gc.ca?

Yes thanks for the observation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chkb: 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
I also got admission to centennial college for my pgd
sasha2234:
Hi guys

I'm new here. I just got admission into centennial college for my 1st degree. I'm 22 years old. How do I go about my application,what documents do I need. I'm scared because I hear the canadian embassy deny visas a lot.

My sponsor is a distant relative. Please help me out with information on what to do to avoid denial.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lovelywings: 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hi all - first apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I am currently in the US, but will be returning to Nigeria in about a month. I want to start the application for the Canada study visa (got admission to a masters program). But I am not clear on what happens after I submit my application online. How soon can I expect either a request for passport or request for interview from the embassy in Nigeria? This will affect when I submit app (eg. if the request comes 2 months after, I can submit now. If it normally comes within a week of submission, I should wait until I'm about to move to Nigeria). I notice the CIC website states processing time of 18 weeks. Just not clear on where in the process does interaction with the Abuja embassy starts.
Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lovelywings:
Hi all - first apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I am currently in the US, but will be returning to Nigeria in about a month. I want to start the application for the Canada study visa (got admission to a masters program). But I am not clear on what happens after I submit my application online. How soon can I expect either a request for passport or request for interview from the embassy in Nigeria? This will affect when I submit app (eg. if the request comes 2 months after, I can submit now. If it normally comes within a week of submission, I should wait until I'm about to move to Nigeria). I notice the CIC website states processing time of 18 weeks. Just not clear on where in the process does interaction with the Abuja embassy starts.
Thanks all.

If you submit your application, you can be called for biometric the next day or the same day or few days later as the case may be. Then medical after few weeks or few months. No interview is required unless in a rare situation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hi sleemzy,
Using your father as a sponsor is a credible one to your application, as the Visa officer acknowledge parental sponsorship other than a distant relative. Since you're working for him, you can add your bank statement to prove evidence that you earn something and also be guided that there are no cut off money figure that should appear on your salary bank statement. Your father being your sponspor is a good one, you can have him pay your full tuition fees and you will be fine, so you can tackle INSUFFICIENT FUNDS .We mainly encourage applicant that use distant relative as a sponsor to make sure that their sponsor pay their full tuition fees and transfer their living expenses to their account prior submission. But your case is other way round. So you don't need to worry about that okay.

Note: Your father should submit both his company bank statement and personal savings account very important, as visa officer don't regard Company bank statement compared to his personal savings account.

Also what jnyuwa02 said is correct!
All the best!

Alright Bro
Thanks a lot, i will send you an email for some other things or issues that you might put me through or make clear to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Luje: 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hello good people,
I applied for PGD program in Algonquin college and my company is sponsoring for the program .I want to ask since my company is droppping their Accnt details, do I still need to drop mine ?
I also want to know the type of documents am to submit for the visa application?... Tnks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 12:03am On Jan 11, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Gaps are not a problem if you can adequately fill them up doing something productive. Leave no gaps unaccounted for even if it's just a month you stayed at home looking for a job, you are required to declare it. Use an affidavit or notarized statement to correct the discrepancy in name.

Thanks Bro, abt d gaps issue
But you know they say, every explanation you give on your SOP on must be backed up with proves, even if i declare doing something productive for that 3yrs, i don't have proves to back it up. I only have prove (Internship letter) of working as an internship at my Dad's. Pls is there anything you could think of that i can add with proves to cover up the 3yrs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osagiepetre2b(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2018
Going for a PGD program as my university result isn't sound enough for a masters program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osagiepetre2b(m): 12:16am On Jan 11, 2018
badtlimo:
are you going for an undergraduate course
Iu
Going for a PGD program as my university was a 2.2 business admin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Taymiia7(f): 12:48am On Jan 11, 2018
@Qadi, I think you should not mail your new admission letter until cic requests for it...
Let me quote what's on their site. "If we need more documents from you,we'll send you a message asking you to submit them"...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Habeeb521(m): 1:26am On Jan 11, 2018
Hello, Good day, I am trying to secure admission into any Canadian university for My Bsc program, using my already concluded HND certificate
Which means that, is there any school that does HND to BSC conversion, or is there anyone on the thread, who has done it before.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:59am On Jan 11, 2018
Luje:
Hello good people,
I applied for PGD program in Algonquin college and my company is sponsoring for the program .I want to ask since my company is droppping their Accnt details, do I still need to drop mine ?
I also want to know the type of documents am to submit for the visa application?... Tnks!
More often, applicants are unable to justify why a company would expend a significantly huge amount of funds to sponsor an employee. More to this is the usage of the company's account statement as proof of funds. It usually a difficult place to be in convincing a visa officer that declared funds will be readily available to the applicant. This is always due to the fact that applicants provided unsatisfying reasons justifiable for a company to undertake such responsibility on a long term and with funds assumed to be for running of the organisation.

You will really need to prove to the officer how the company is going to benefit from your study trip and why the funds you presented is being used for your study.

Also, i would assume you are not the sole signatory to the company's account, you will also convince the officer that indeed, you will have access to the funds you declared in your application form. Have these at the back of your mind as you consider using a company sponsorship.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 8:04am On Jan 11, 2018
oriazowan:

OK I will. When did you submit your passport? Has your final decision changed to approved? Can you see your counterfoil and visa validity status on your account?

Final decision changed to approved January 3rd, submitted my passport via UPS on Jan 4th. Received at CVAC on 5th. Notified that my passport has been received on the 8th and that they were already working on it. Now waiting for the return of passport. No counterfoil and visa validity status on my account yet. School resumed Jan 8th.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hurricanesgrace: 8:16am On Jan 11, 2018
Good morning all,
Plz gurus in d house, I need sum1 to help preview my Sop. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 9:09am On Jan 11, 2018
dkosu:
Congratulations Bro.... Can I have your email address, please? I need guidance
Morning bro. I have replied your email. Pls check your account for confirmation. Best wishes...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 9:33am On Jan 11, 2018
Nyinyez7:
Goodday all. I'm a newbie here, getting my documents together so I can shoot my shot, hopefully by April/May! Please i would like gurus in the house to put me through applying for visa with an infant with US passport. Do i apply alone, and just state in my Sop that she's a baby i need to go with her. Do i apply with her, since she's a US citizen and doesn't require a visa, will I submit her passport and do medicals for her. Please those who have gone through this should put me through, read different views in previous threads. Thanks. Cc Nogen #it will end in praise.

Been very busy with school and home front. I may not be able to attend to PMS now. You must let them know you are going with your child even though he doesn't need a visa. Put aside about 6k dollars for his upkeep and show that he will be taken care of. Also, try and get him a Daycare before you apply. Google Daycare centres near the University you are going to and write them. One or two would accept him. I did medical for me children and included their medical forms in my application. They have been living in Nigeria for more than 6 months. Never ever hide him and then surface at the PIE with him. You could be sent back. They have all your info at the POE. All the best!

NB: I don't review SOPs for now because I don't have access to Internet except the one on my phone. Also, classes have started and it is not easy I must say! I have some conditions to meet and credit units to pass before my PhD courses start in Summer 2018. Please, I will be very unavailable online. Hope you bear with me. Thanks. Nogen

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.