Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,206 members, 7,860,342 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (847184 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
valenti12:

Refused for a second time.
Thanks for asking

Order for your gcmsnote.......before then u can pm me.......don't think oooo it is well...cic will grant u dis time......

Derel I site u.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
@bbclue help me out too have been refuse twice too I don't want to get refuse again pls drop me ur phone # or email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
iwriterng:

Thank you guys so much. I'll redraft and get to work again, and hopefully my next post will be a testimony.

They do not fear opening emails because of virus, but @Silk07 advice that you not attach anything and wait for them to request it, is a good one. You want to first establish a personal rapport and informally talk to them before it goes to the official stage which is when they request your thesis proposal, transcript and resume. Write an informal letter to the prospective supervisor informing them you are a student from Nigeria. They love that international mentioning. Talk about your research interests and how that tailors to theirs. Tell them you covet their cooperation working under their tutelage. Ask for permission to send the mentioned documents. Send to as many professors as possible, someone will respond. After three emails to professors you really like to work with, if none responds, you need to call and leave a message on their answering machine. Continue to call until you establish personal contact (don't harass them though). Best wishes!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
@ all, please assist. I have a conditional acceptance offer, and reading what @jnyuwa02 said yesterday, can I begin to apply for visa while working towards fulfilling the given terms ( official transcript and payment of 1st semeter fees). I was supposed to resume in May but deferred till september becos I need to send my original transcript to TRU and as we all know, NASU strike is still on going, no one can determine when it will be called off.. and time is fast approaching for fall visa application overload at the VOs desks..lol..

Please advise if I should start preparations to submit or still wait for the strike to be called off? If yes, can I go ahead and pay the semester fees or just show the VOs the funds available and when the visa is granted (by God's grace and favour oh), then pay the school fees?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Taymiia7(f): 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
@mcobex Thank you so very much. I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:26am On Feb 28, 2018
mamacajah:
@ all, please assist. I have a conditional acceptance offer, and reading what @jnyuwa02 said yesterday, can I begin to apply for visa while working towards fulfilling the given terms ( official transcript and payment of 1st semeter fees). I was supposed to resume in May but deferred till september becos I need to send my original transcript to TRU and as we all know, NASU strike is still on going, no one can determine when it will be called off.. and time is fast approaching for fall visa application overload at the VOs desks..lol..

Please advise if I should start preparations to submit or still wait for the strike to be called off? If yes, can I go ahead and pay the semester fees or just show the VOs the funds available and when the visa is granted (by God's grace and favour oh), then pay the school fees?

I don't remember saying anything about people filing an application while the strike is going on. I only mentioned that if you have a conditional acceptance and the school refused to issue a non conditional acceptance letter like Josephine encountered with USASK, for her to go on with the visa application, but endeavor to enclose her transcript with the application to show the VO that she is able to meet the conditions of her acceptance. Yours however, is a unique case and I have never addressed it. But my advise would be for you to pay not only one semester's tuition fee if you can, but the whole one year fees if you can. Since the strike is on and you don't know when it would be called off, you can't afford to wait in perpetuity. Time is of the essence. Go ahead and file your application right away. Enclose your certificate of graduation, at least they will see that you have graduated and the course you studied. If you have unofficial transcript, enclose also. Explain to them in your SOP that the university is on strike and therefore you were not able to submit an original transcript to the school to obtain non conditional acceptance. If during when your visa application is pending, the strike is called off, you can obtain the transcript and original letter of non conditional acceptance and email it to Accra immediately. FYI, I know people who were approved for a TRV who never submitted a transcript. I also know people who were approved for TRV with conditional acceptance letter. Your best bet is to proceed with your visa application and not tarry and hope and pray for the best. That is my take. Someone might have a different take. They should share if so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 28, 2018
mcobex:
Sorry bro, he can't get a new passport now until at least 6 months to the expiry date of the present one. He should submit this one like that and when he gets to Canada apply for a new one and his study permit will be reissued on the new passport without any issue

@mycobex.... excellent and thanks for your relentless contributions!!

Talking about passports..... he may need to call or visit the passport office to confirm the possibility of getting a new passport. in the event that it cannot be renewed he should go ahead and use the present one...... note that TRV is only required to get you into Canny and not a vital document when inside (except you need to travel out), in any case, he still needs to be able to accommodate a duration of up to 6 months validity.
heads up!!!..... i only realized of recent that most people who complain they only got 1 or 2 years on PGWP instead of 3 is due to their passport validity..... Nigeria High Commission in Canny is well aware and hence renews passports at up to 2 years expiry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 28, 2018
Please, what document can I use as proof of income from rental properties for study permit? cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I don't remember saying anything about people filing an application while the strike is going on. I only mentioned that if you have a conditional acceptance and the school refused to issue a non conditional acceptance letter like Josephine encountered with USASK, for her to go on with the visa application, but endeavor to enclose her transcript with the application to show the VO that she is able to meet the conditions of her acceptance. Yours however, is a unique case and I have never addressed it. But my advise would be for you to pay not only one semester's tuition fee if you can, but the whole one year fees if you can. Since the strike is on and you don't know when it would be called off, you can't afford to wait in perpetuity. Time is of the essence. Go ahead and file your application right away. Enclose your certificate of graduation, at least they will see that you have graduated and the course you studied. If you have unofficial transcript, enclose also. Explain to them in your SOP that the university is on strike and therefore you were not able to submit an original transcript to the school to obtain non conditional acceptance. If during when your visa application is pending, the strike is called off, you can obtain the transcript and original letter of non conditional acceptance and email it to Accra immediately. FYI, I know people who were approved for a TRV who never submitted a transcript. I also know people who were approved for TRV with conditional acceptance letter. Your best bet is to proceed with your visa application and not tarry and hope and pray for the best. That is my take. Someone might have a different take. They should share if so.
Thanks@jnyuwa02, I appreciate your swift response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eldee365: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2018
cc Duchbol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:42am On Feb 28, 2018
Folaroyal:

It may be right IN YOUR INTEREST to avoid misleading people who are making efforts at improving their lives here!! i wonder which Waterloo you are referring to though ... i do not know of any Uni in Canny who recently (2018) turned out Grads as you claim... meanwhile, you should be very very occupied processing your PGWP if you recently graduated and not even a mention of PR at his stage sir.
please be wise at selling your business and be cautious of your public conduct!!! the situation is tense enough here already!!!
regards....
NEXT....
Welcome back brother, how's studies going so far? I know you all have been busy with studies that's why you are hardly here. Best of luck bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:45am On Feb 28, 2018
mohumyta:
Please, what document can I use as proof of income from rental properties for study permit? cheers
Rent receipt, copies of agreement between tenants and landlord... that should do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 8:55am On Feb 28, 2018
Hello, good morning, permit me to answer this one, what jnyuwa02 says may be correct because i sent an email to my postgraduate school and the reply in quote was "Thank you for your email. Our application closes on February 28, 2018. We will begin notifying accepted applicants in the coming weeks. If you are accepted as a student, you will be contacted." so from tomorrow we should start hearing something
Prudento:

Please how did you know admission decisions at USASK is coming out March 1st?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2018
cecechi:
Hello, good morning, permit me to answer this one, what jnyuwa02 says may be correct because i sent an email to my postgraduate school and the reply in quote was "Thank you for your email. Our application closes on February 28, 2018. We will begin notifying accepted applicants in the coming weeks. If you are accepted as a student, you will be contacted." so from tomorrow we should start hearing something

I received admission decisions last year from several schools on March 1st or shortly thereafter, Queens, USASK, UCalgary. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oyinbayode(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2018
Good morning sirs, i want someone to pit me thru on applying for study permit. What steps to take and where to submit the application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cecechi: 9:48am On Feb 28, 2018
Thank you smiley
jnyuwa02:

I received admission decisions last year from several schools on March 1st or shortly thereafter, Queens, USASK, UCalgary. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

My dad is my main sponsor and he is paying my fees while my co sponsor is my fathers cousin and he plans to pay my living expenses but he lives in Switzerland

he is paying my living expenses into my domiciliary account, and he is willing to provide me his bank statements and letter of sponsorship

Do we still need an affidavit of sponsorship?

thanks for your guidance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 10:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Omoarukheo:
Hi guys,

My dad is my main sponsor and he is paying my fees while my co sponsor is my fathers cousin and he plans to pay my living expenses but he lives in Switzerland

he is paying my living expenses into my domiciliary account, and he is willing to provide me his bank statements and letter of sponsorship

Do we still need an affidavit of sponsorship?

thanks for your guidance

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Omoarukheo(f): 10:14am On Feb 28, 2018
ChuksEbube:

Yes

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chrisb2r200: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2018
Hello house is it late already to submit applications to Canadian universities nursing programs against summer ...if no, please what schools would you advice I submit application to that accepts international students please help a frustrated brother...dem refuse me visa last year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oyinbayode(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2018
I think you can try bow Valley College for practical nursing application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by oyinbayode(m): 10:41am On Feb 28, 2018
And please what's the difference between the online application and the other type of study permit application. And is study permit a visa �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 10:49am On Feb 28, 2018
oyinbayode:
I think you can try bow Valley College for practical nursing application

that one has closed all applications for 2018 since Q3 2017. I was trying to apply there as well and was closely monitoring the school.
See their latest update

*Due to the high volume of applications, Bow Valley College will no longer be accepting applications for the May 2018, August 2018, or January 2019 intakes.*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmaokudu: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2018
Also I’ve noticed that nobody seems to be talking about the IELTS as a requirement, my school doesn’t request for it, should I still take the test cause of the Canadian embassy guys?
jnyuwa02:
I would have to write a very convincing SOP, already working on it. Thanks

Words on Marble!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by makano: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Ok, Thanks. I dont have a spouse tho, my Dad is my sponsor.
mcobex:
Concerning funds, the visa officer was concerned how you will pay your tuition fee for the subsequent year(s). Your spouse sorry should show proof of funds and how he intends paying your next tuition fee and living expenses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Good day guyzz pls I need clarification. I wanna apply for PGD at Durham college. What am seeing are Ontario college diploma, graduate cert. I can't see PGD. Help me out guy..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 11:25am On Feb 28, 2018
The admission letter they sent to you Stated conditions which you need to meet. That's to say you have not gotten full admission because there are certain things schools consider in one's transcript before the offer admission(not every person who submitted transcript must get admission) . My advice is you fulfill the conditions before you apply for trv.
Cuz even the VO may want to think what will happen if they approve your trv and you eventually refused admission. Also i think(not too sure) that I've read in cic guidelines that applicants should fulfill all conditions required for admission before applying for study permit. Somebody should quote me wrong if i am
mamacajah:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by xzile: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2018
I think this link might be helpful https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/letters-acceptance.html
xzile:
The admission letter they sent to you Stated conditions which you need to meet. That's to say you have not gotten full admission because there are certain things schools consider in one's transcript before the offer admission(not every person who submitted transcript must get admission) . My advice is you fulfill the conditions before you apply for trv.
Cuz even the VO may want to think what will happen if they approve your trv and you eventually refused admission. Also i think(not too sure) that I've read in cic guidelines that applicants should fulfill all conditions required for admission before applying for study permit. Somebody should quote me wrong if i am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Darasimiolu(f): 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good morning house,
I just applied to U of T's department of Molecular Genetics(Ph.D direct entry). I am expecting an admission decision come June. Can I complete whatever documentation required before September?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
xzile:
I think this link might be helpful https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/letters-acceptance.html

What I can actually conclude from that link is that the VO/CIC does not have much concerns about conditions such as sending transcript. But on conditions such as requirement to take a prerequisite course or language test or some other form of probation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
xzile:

Nothing in this link you mentioned states that people should complete any conditions to an acceptance before applying for visa. To the contrary it supports the submission of letters of acceptance and the disclosure of any conditions attached to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.