Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (837348 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osento(m): 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
I want to make reference to a past post..... Weather you apply for PGD,PGC,MSC,PHD... Just put up a simple and good application.. And pray and hope for the best... What will be ,must surely be... Not the discouraging post of PGD hardly scale through... #just saying #

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
guzenaira:

Pls let's be mindful of our approach to salient posts like this.

It's really uncalled for.

In as much as I understand your perception towards the subject matter, there are more better ways to respond before the @justwise takes his decision.

Kindly remove your post as well.

What should Pple of 19weeks, 20weeks or a year TRV applicants do?

Sorry.

We need to speak against all these crooked business. It's not fair that fellow Nigerians cause problems for others because they feel they are smart.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
McOsheBaba:

We need to speak against all these crooked business. It's not fair that fellow Nigerians cause problems for others because they feel they are smart.

smiley

I understand you perfectly well.

It shall end it praise!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
Safe trip dear wife... Missing you already @Ayoola03 cry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
Markab:

Hahahahahaha...

Hope say food dey fridge sha?

I dey ottawa, come and beat me...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
CanadianNurse:
@justwise needs to see this, he's heading to new Brunswick and might need your help sir
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by likeababygirl: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
maziude:

Hahahahahaha...

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Markab:
Awwwwwn cry cry

Please aunty do fast and tell us what's up

@markab if you don't mind share your lagos airport experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
Bros... Na wa for you o. You wan dey laugh me? sad will come and beat you in few weeks time
maziude:

Hahahahahaha...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
I will try my best though I'm not really composed now. She flew EgyptAir and it was a nice experience generally. the check luggage weighed more than the allowable 23kg and we were asked to reduce the content, we did until it weighed around 24kg each before they were checked in. She was questioned about her intention (eye service), she brought out her admission letter after which was registered and fully checked in. They tried though after tipping them, my wife came to hug me and we all waved her good bye. Couldn't believe tears rolling down my cheeks. cry It was stress free though. Those guys can beg for money. undecided Spent almost 7k before I got pissed by their Nigerianismic show of shame. All well and good and thanks to everyone for their contributions towards the success of my wife's trv

Ps: the departure lounge was virtually empty this afternoon. Dunno why smiley

CanadianNurse:
Awwwwwn cry cry

Please aunty do fast and tell us what's up

@markab if you don't mind share your lagos airport experience

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
anyone heard from ottawa or concordia for winter Admission decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by senator77: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
Moley22:

Please get a confirmation of name from your local court. It might just save you, dont overlook it, clear your path by yourself because d VO mit be in doubts.... Note: 'mit'

Pls do you mean affidavit confirming the correct spelling of my name? Cos I already have an affidavit of change of name. Is the confirmation different from the affidavit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by senator77: 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What is this deeds and survey I have been hearing lately? My land documents is only deeds, no survey. Is submitting a survey also necessary when submitting visa application?

Survey is always registered with govt. ministry of lands which can be verified at any time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello nairalanders,
I just got accepted for a Master program at University of Manitoba for winter 2018. Please I need help as regard to processing my visa m

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:
Hello nairalanders,
I just got accepted for a Master program at University of Manitoba for winter 2018. Please I need help as regard to processing my visa m
Just fall on page 0 of this part/thread... Page 0 Fall on you too for all necessary infos!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Moley22(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
senator77:

Pls do you mean affidavit confirming the correct spelling of my name? Cos I already have an affidavit of change of name. Is the confirmation different from the affidavit?
I dunno much about these court stuffs sha... I think you'll head it to the magistrate court in your area, then head confirmation of name
U are above and still bear the same(correct name) below
All document bearing old names still valid....... Dassol i can think,you can go to your local court for assistance Baba!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
In the same shoes with you baba J, I've got purchase agreement, no survey yet. Getting a survey plan from the state's government is very expensive.
jnyuwa02:

What is this deeds and survey I have been hearing lately? My land documents is only deeds, no survey. Is submitting a survey also necessary when submitting visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
I had similar issue with my first employer, I sworn an affidavit and did a newspaper advert before they could employ me. So please do same to prevent stories that touch.
Moley22:

I dunno much about these court stuffs sha... I think you'll head it to the magistrate court in your area, then head confirmation of name
U are above and still bear the same(correct name) below
All document bearing old names still valid....... Dassol i can think,you can go to your local court for assistance Baba!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MeinKampf: 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
lanrayx:
anyone heard from ottawa or concordia for winter Admission decision

Waiting on Concordia too but I think their decision will be communicated before Oct 15th that they will start collecting applications for summer 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Riddeek: 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2017
MeinKampf:

Waiting on Concordia too but I think their decision will be communicated before Oct 15th that they will start collecting applications for summer 2018

wont that affect trv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SURGEE(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
Markab:

Kai! Its not easy, Love in the Air. It's just for a while my brother. You sef go soon follow join body Naa, ....... 'Love in London, Ontario' cheesy. And its good to know that she's a Lautech Alumnus too shoooo!!!. Permission to PM her Sir?!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
likeababygirl:

I agree with you. While there are still people going the PGD route and getting Visas, majority of them get denied.
PGD admission is very easy to get, most people do not even have to do any form of writing to get the admission so it becomes the 'easier route' to schooling in Canada. The VOs know this, so to get approved in this 2017 o, your case must be extremely convincing.
To be honest, quite a number of PGD students from Nigeria, do not have genuine intent to study in Canada. PGD students get approved everyday from other countries (as seen on Canadavisa) but we Nigerians must have done something in Canada to be getting these high denial rate.
Go for masters to be on the safe side.

This is so untrue "To be honest, quite a number of PGD students from Nigeria, do not have genuine intent to study in Canada" and so unfair to PGD students studying in Canada or intending to study. Most PGD students have low GPA that getting into a masters program is very competitive. I came to Canada as a PGD student and will be going for an MBA. What differentiates a PGD student with masters and PHD student based on genuine intent? Are the master students and PHD students not looking for greener pastures and education too?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
osento:
I want to make reference to a past post..... Weather you apply for PGD,PGC,MSC,PHD... Just put up a simple and good application.. And pray and hope for the best... What will be ,must surely be... Not the discouraging post of PGD hardly scale through... #just saying #

Don't mind them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Riddeek:
congrats!
Course and program?
Any point you could share that you felt was the major point in aiding you get a supervisor?
I wish you well.
MSc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics. Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Manitoba doesn't require applicants to get a supervisor before acceptance.
A good statement of intent and CGPA is required for admission. Between I wrote GRE to increase my chances of been accepted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:
Hello nairalanders,
Congrats dear. I was offered M.A admission too into Disability Studies Programme. I was to resume this September Fall oh! But the 'Strong men of CIC' no just gree. So I deferred to January Winter.
Congrats. Just put your documents together and apply asap. January is around the corner.

Best of the best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

MSc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics. Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Manitoba doesn't require applicants to get a supervisor before acceptance.
A good statement of intent and CGPA is required for admission. Between I wrote GRE to increase my chances of been accepted

Please what was your score in gre
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Oben209:

Please what was your score in gre
Got 152 in quantitative, 147 in verbal and 3.5 in analytical writing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.