Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834323 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lautech alumnus I am also... cheesy
SURGEE:

Kai! Its not easy, Love in the Air. It's just for a while my brother. You sef go soon follow join body Naa, ....... 'Love in London, Ontario' cheesy. And its good to know that she's a Lautech Alumnus too shoooo!!!. Permission to PM her Sir?!!! grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Congrats dear. I was offered M.A admission too into Disability Studies Programme. I was to resume this September Fall oh! But the 'Strong men of CIC' no just gree. So I deferred to January Winter.
Congrats. Just put your documents together and apply asap. January is around the corner.

Best of the best wishes.
Thank dear and congrats to you as well.
Waiting for the school to get my complete admission package in order to begin my visa processes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cuspy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

Got 152 in quantitative, 147 in verbal and 3.5 in analytical writing

Did you get the IGSES or the UMGF funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
cuspy:

Did you get the IGSES or the UMGF funding?
I got IGES.
UMGF decision is march 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

I got IGES.
I have IGSES? What's the criteria for UMGF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cuspy(m): 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

I got IGES.

OK. Did you secure a supervisor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
I started this "It will end in Praise" trend since the part 12 thread here. Now the LORD has done it for me!!!

GEN 12:1 I obey!

Finally my application has been approved!!!
Thank God Jehovah!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:
I started this "It will end in Praise" trend since the part 12 thread here. Now the LORD has done it for me!!!

Thank God Jehovah!

grin
congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Surely he neva fails ..just trust in him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!

What a good God, congrats dear i tap it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Beyy: 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!

Congrats dear. Please share your profile do that we can have hope.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by willyboss: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
Congratulations!
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!
it has finally ended in praise grin grin congrats and welcome out of tension and wait

Abiodunne we still DEY wait for your 1year old application... God go do am

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!
Congrats Man. I tap into that verse.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
cuspy:

OK. Did you secure a supervisor?

you really don’t need a supervisor to secure your admission. All new grad students are expected to at least have finished first semester and observed which lecturer and area fits their interest and strengths.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
OmalichaUC:

The value of these fellowships is $18,000 (Ph.D.) and is $14,000 (Master’s) for a 12 month period. Students are eligible to receive the UMGF for the first 24 months of their Master’s program and the first 48 months of their PhD program.

Eligibility:

Academic standing: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (above B+) at a recognized university based on a Bachelor, Masters, Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral degree. Please use admissions criteria in calculating GPA, i.e., last 60 credit hours or equivalent.

Citizenship: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.

Fields of study: Students in all fields of graduate study (with the exception of those in the Faculty of Medicine and in the Master of Business Administration [MBA]) are eligible to apply.

You must also meet the specific eligibility criteria set by the Department/Faculty, if any.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

The value of these fellowships is $18,000 (Ph.D.) and is $14,000 (Master’s) for a 12 month period. Students are eligible to receive the UMGF for the first 24 months of their Master’s program and the first 48 months of their PhD program.

Eligibility:

Academic standing: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (above B+) at a recognized university based on a Bachelor, Masters, Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral degree. Please use admissions criteria in calculating GPA, i.e., last 60 credit hours or equivalent.

Citizenship: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.

Fields of study: Students in all fields of graduate study (with the exception of those in the Faculty of Medicine and in the Master of Business Administration [MBA]) are eligible to apply.

You must also meet the specific eligibility criteria set by the Department/Faculty, if any.

Every department has their own quota of scholarship. Kindly contact your department for the UMGF. I got this from the department
If the Department receives funding for a UMGF in 2018, the competition will be held in Feb/Mar.  Applications will also be accepted at that time for other Department awards.  We will let you know closer to the time when the deadline for applications is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
OmalichaUC:

How can I contact you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

Every department has their own quota of scholarship. Kindly contact your department for the UMGF. I got this from the department
If the Department receives funding for a UMGF in 2018, the competition will be held in Feb/Mar.  Applications will also be accepted at that time for other Department awards.  We will let you know closer to the time when the deadline for applications is.

Thanks darling. I think I can now remember my Supervisor telling me initially that my department doesn't offer funding. And that I ll have to rely only on the entrance scholarship. We ll survive sha. Half funding is better than none!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Phocusjosh:

How can I contact you?
I ve already replied you. Check your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!
Congratulations! Indeed God has made it to end in praise for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!

Big congratulations to you.... it has finally ended in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye01: 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I am simply saying as someone who applied from China, bootstrapping your situation to an applicant within Nigeria, may not always rhyme. Fact of the matter is those in Nigeria have to do more and are vetted toughly than those who applied in other country. Yes people in Nigeria without only siblings have been approved. But only in the context of having buoyant family asset and other substantial ties. We have witnessed someone on this forum with full scholarship and siblings and parents in Nigeria like you getting rejected simply because of home ties. Only in Nijia. The truth is simply, applicants applying within Nigeria are required to do much more and are vetted toughly than other places.

I want to believe you aren't a citizen of this country or perhaps you didn't grow up here in nigeria....but whatever your opinion is on home tie and assets in nigeria is so very very wrong. Applications are treated differently and for the fact that we have ready made information about refusals on this group doesn't mean that there aren't refusals in other groups like this with home tie related issues. Your assumption is so bais and I will advice you don't apply from nigeria so as to use foreigners as home tie and you won't have to do much and wont be vetted.
����

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!
Congraaaaaatttttssssss!!!!...
I tap into this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
OmalichaUC:

I ve already replied you. Check your mail.
Yet to receive your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Jejelaye01:

I want to believe you aren't a citizen of this country or perhaps you didn't grow up here in nigeria....but whatever your opinion is on home tie and assets in nigeria is so very very wrong. Applications are treated differently and for the fact that we have ready made information about refusals on this group doesn't mean that there aren't refusals in other groups like this with home tie related issues. Your assumption is so bais and I will advice you don't apply from nigeria so as to use foreigners as home tie and you won't have to do much and wont be vetted.
����

Regards.

One thing I so much believe and the singular reason I don't engage in argument is that everybody is entitled to his/her belief, opinion and assumption.

So let's accept or tolerate another persons point of view but that doesn't mean you accept it particularly where someone tries to always prove a point. It will always keep dragging.

Notwithstanding, you have spoken well and his view isn't bad as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
CanadianNurse:
it has finally ended in praise grin grin congrats and welcome out of tension and wait

Amen.

@maralina. @Darrelah and all overdue applications, smiley

You shall testify to the goodness of the Lord very soon.

You are not alone, the Lord is with you.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please is there anyone going to Carleton this fall, I have some questions to ask
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Jejelaye01:

����

Regards.

I am Nigerian and was born and raised here. My experience is in immigration and citizen law of different countries, having practiced in the United States ten years before returning home. Disregard my advice if you feel its bias, but they are the unadulterated truth to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
guzenaira:

Amen.

@maralina. @Darrelah and all overdue applications, smiley

You shall testify to the goodness of the Lord very soon.

You are not alone, the Lord is with you.
Amen!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Amen o my brother!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thank God Jehovah!
Congratulations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.