Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management (50398 Views)

Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police / Olusegun Kayode Bello: "My Rejoinder To The Nigerian Law School's Statement" / A Student Was Expelled From School In Kenya For Drawing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by jerikoyan(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2017
Definitely there is other side of the coin�
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Rambo34: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2017
He's got serious issues.

2 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by rayobaba(m): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2017
congratulation to him.
every act has its consequences.
I am thinking he's been followed spiritually.
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by moses93(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Neminc:
It is bello syndrome. It's the same sickness afflicting yahaya bello in kogi state
na I too know (ITK) de worry am. let's see what's he's gonna do after this. for him mind now, his brother is the vice president of Nigeria, so he can do and undo idiot AFONJA.

3 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Pedagogue: 8:55am On Jul 27, 2017
The craziest thing any student can do is to challenge University authorities-in this case, the Nigerian Law School. In fact, Cultists are better treated than student activists.

Although Bello does not cut a picture of a student union leader, he certainly appears like someone that has an unbridled penchant for upsetting the apple cart. However , I will not 'judge' him until I hear his own side of the story.

My wife is a lawyer & I sought her opinion before putting in this comment. Her first response was 'hmmm the boy must be a rabble-rouser if indeed he had problems in a less-activism Uni like UI & was rejected by his principal during externship'. She however added that the Law School is very unpalatable. And that students pay hundreds of thousands for facilities they don't enjoy, and that is why the competition for seats is fierce. Yet, no one must complain because anyone that is not fit & proper will be expelled.'

Given the information I have, I will refrain from 'judging' the young lad. I see him as a metaphor for fighting the injustice at the law school. Wherein lies the future of the Noble Profession if students cannot exercise their right to dissent. Why expel the poor boy for having a different opinion? All he simply did can be summarised as PROTESTS. He didn't beat up anyone. He didn't steal. So why expel him & start the chronicling of his 'offence' from his days in UI?

Expulsion from the Law School is like shattering one's dream. It should be reserved for the most egregious offence. In my view, this expulsion should not stand.

The boy should go to court. He will win.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Fourwinds: 8:56am On Jul 27, 2017
gbosaa:
Someone said, "all because of a seat"?

It wasn't because of the seat. I think mr Bello's 'village people' were trailing him.

I will partly blame the dude for not knowing when to lay low. He was on probation, a wise person would've avoided and withdrawn from any argument or scruffle that would've thrown the spotlight on him.

The law school claim that they had enough facilities (chairs) is nonsense. They showed bias in this case against the person of Bello. They were just waiting for any excuse to throw him out.

That lady should have taken another seat with all the empty seats there as claimed by the law school. What was so special about that particular seat?

They weren't fair on him but he should have avoided that situation.
keep quiet my friend....if u go to a party where people have taken their seats and u met a seat empty.,someone then informed u d person seated there just went out to ease himself/herself...will u drag for such seat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by uruego(f): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2017
His name says it all. very rebellious people.
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2017
Idiot! Be forming activist while your future rot away. His mates are now practicing lawyers and the fool is playing checker with his future.

His brain will reset when he cocks 40 and have no achievement to point to.

4 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Laralag: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2017
I would like to read his side of the story. Even with what I have read I can see that the school is petty.our higher institutions in Nigeria are use to treating students like its in prmary school, they are use to getting yes sir, yes sir left right and center from students. So anybody that challenges tha, its like heaven has fallen. Heaven never fall. This matter no reach expulsion.
It is the continuous management of our school like this that's why we keep churning out timid graduate who dont know their worth

4 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by ElSherriff: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2017
irynterri:
[s]From this write up it is quite obvious that this lad unlike the average Nigerian is not willing to "adapt" or "suffer and smile",he knows his right and still fights to get it without fear of repercussions,if we had a million of him in this country, our politicians would not be this useless, I was expecting OAU to state why he disturbed "public peace" and why he was charged for "insubordination" but they smartly avoided it.Mr man, you are destined for great things,they can't stop your shine, go into politics and be the change we need, then they will come begging at your feet[/s].

Where has his insubordination landed him? Disrespect for constituted authority is not the same as fighting for your rights. If he was such a comported individual and fit-for-purpose as you are trying to portray him, it should have been gentlemanly of him to vacate his seat for a lady in respect to the lady and his manliness, instead he chose to disturb the peace of the school. The punitive measure the University served him only expired, hence his reinstatement, it wasnt because he showed remorse and as such it is worthy to be brought up in Law school as "erratic history". His disposition during his externship was also that of disrespect for his seniors and constituted authority and not the nonsense you are trying to paint him as.

His case is a faulty upbringing, he has faced nothing compared to what Mandela, Gandhi, Mugabe, Nkrumah, Lumumba and myself have faced in life, yet we all have our place in history.

If you born, teach him respect and how to fight for his right, these are two different worlds Woman.

5 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by henrimoto(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:
I am ashamed if this is coming from a school that trains our lawyers. It is a case of victimization. Why will u give a warning letter when he hasnt committed any crime? All his crimes were done in the university environment. If the university deemed it fit to have allowed him to graduate and did all his clearance,why would the law school bring up the issue again? Why declare him already guilty in the law school when he hasnt been accused of any crime within the law school? His actions were predicated by the actions of the law school.
Did you read the full Article with your brain at all?

Do you know what it means for someone to be a treat to peaceful co-existence in such a professional institute of repute?

3 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by august2224(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:
I am ashamed if this is coming from a school that trains our lawyers. It is a case of victimization. Why will u give a warning letter when he hasnt committed any crime? All his crimes were done in the university environment. If the university deemed it fit to have allowed him to graduate and did all his clearance,why would the law school bring up the issue again? Why declare him already guilty in the law school when he hasnt been accused of any crime within the law school? His actions were predicated by the actions of the law school.

the degree certificate of a Nigerian university reads, having been found worthy in character and learning, u are conferred with the bachelor of ........ degree. If his character speaks odawise, he ain't fit to be awarded the bachelor of Law degree.
NB: the only people who can testify to the state of his character are his tutors, co-colleagues and co-workers. if they all testified against him, then there is something fundamentally wrong with his personality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Olusegun Kayode Bello is obviously a miscreant and doesn't deserve to be a professional.

Is he the only student?

How can only one individual court all these problems and controversy.
Imagine him asking the Police to arrest Law School officials.
What gentleman struggles over a mere lecture seat?

People might think he wants to be a fighter against injustice, the truth is that he is dancing to his village people's tunes.

One of the truest comments.

2 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Elvis295(m): 9:03am On Jul 27, 2017
This boy should calm down na

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by orimipe(f): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2017
MicroBox:
Those that could not subdue the fellow followed him to Law school to make him get what they want (Rustication).
He had a fear trial back in OAU and won the case but his faculty followed him down to Law school to make sure he get served. They indirectly frustrated the guy and unfortunately, he fell for their trap.
God is with you Bello..

You guys should stop it already. It is UI and not OAU.

Hian!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by henrimoto(m): 9:06am On Jul 27, 2017
Lakeside79:

I sincerely doubt your ability to read and comprehend accuratly .
He was given a letter to ensure he acts according to acceptable student standards at law school

Please if you don't fully understand an article refrain from comments
There is no prize for dropping comments
undecided
Thank You for this comment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by joyandfaith: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2017
this kayode of guy will become governor of his state in future.he is just marketing himself for successful political job

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:

Forget about all that. In any well guided setting, before you can be honourably admitted in review of the expected requirements, your track records also speak volumes. If we claim that we go to school to learn, that learning doesn't only entail academic pursuit, it covers learning ways of life, learning morals. If a student who is now sound academically but defaults in line with set rules and terms, he could not be cleared off being satisfactorily achieved a brightest academic pursuits. He has to fall in within many tracks, attitudes and characters included. And you will agree with me that by giving him prior warning doesn't mean the school as toyed with his integrity. He was known to be notorious and no recent record shows that he is a changed person. In this view, the school has to give him terms and conditions, (not warnings)for his admission into the school and if found guilty of any given hard and fast rules, the school is liable under the act to withdraw his studentship.

5 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Rajosh(m): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2017
Balotelli comes to mind. I guess Balotelli is his role model

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Rhozabeth(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2017
If this statement is anything to go by, them this guy is obvoiously insane! The need to look at his medical records!

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Sultty(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2017
Abeg free d guy joor
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by jerryBoss1(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:

You can be a great lawyer my friend , I enjoy this your piece .

2 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by lacoach: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2017
I wish him a successful charge and bail practice.
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by FreeSpirited: 9:18am On Jul 27, 2017
Rhoyall:
Idiot! Be forming activist while your future rot away. His mates are now practicing lawyers and the fool is playing checker with his future.

His brain will reset when he cocks 40 and have no achievement to point to.
Idiot...you that have an intact future...how has it panned out

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by alpontif(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2017
It's so sad that Nigerians youths are cowardly in action, thought and behaviour.

This Kayode guy is going to go a long way, in fact he is going to be a giant in this generation if he continues this way, for one simple reason: he doesn't give a f**k.

People who don't give a f**k are outliers, they are different from the sheep, they are the ones who become great, because they are very very exceptionally different and do not need anybody's permission to do whatever they want.

Criminal minds are outliers, Coup plotters are outliers, innovators are outliers, Billionaires are outliers. You have to be an outlier to be great. Paths to greatness is different, radicalism is thus guy's path to greatness.

Nigeria needs more anti establishment trouble makers, we need more people like Kay, people who know their worth and will not suffer and smile in silence. Nigeria needs more lions and fewer sheep.

To you sheep's out there, carry your achievements and degrees with you to heaven when you die, you can even live forever if you want.

But kindly shut up if you cannot see the value an outlier is bringing to a system that is undergoing paternalistic rape of its mentality, value, worth and behaviour.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by chessguru(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:
. The Nigerian law school does not give admission to student with past bad records in the university , however if eventually admired a warning is necessary ....the standard of every student is that of a fit and proper person .

2 Likes

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by polite2(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Omo, him case go worse pass IPOD leader own
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Rashield8: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Pedagogue:
The craziest thing any student can do is to challenge University authorities-in this case, the Nigerian Law School. In fact, Cultists are better treated than student activists.

Although Bello does not cut a picture of a student union leader, he certainly appears like someone that has an unbridled penchant for upsetting the apple cart. However , I will not 'judge' him until I hear his own side of the story.

My wife is a lawyer & I sought her opinion before putting in this comment. Her first response was 'hmmm the boy must be a rabble-rouser if indeed he had problems in a less-activism Uni like UI & was rejected by his principal during externship'. She however added that the Law School is very unpalatable. And that students pay hundreds of thousands for facilities they don't enjoy, and that is why the competition for seats is fierce. Yet, no one must complain because anyone that is not fit & proper will be expelled.'

Given the information, I have, I will hesitate from 'judging' the young lad. I see him as a metaphor for fighting the injustice at the law school. Wherein lies the future of the Noble Profession if students cannot exercise their right to dissent. Why expel the poor boy for having a different opinion? All he simply did can be summarised as PROTESTS. He didn't beat up anyone. He didn't steal. So why expel him & start the chronicling of his 'offence' from his days in UI?

Expulsion from the Law School is like shattering one's dream. It should be reserved for the most egregious offence. In my view, this expulsion should not stand.

The boy should go to court. He will win.

1000000000 likes. Too much sense

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2017
irynterri:
From this write up it is quite obvious that this lad unlike the average Nigerian is not willing to "adapt" or "suffer and smile",he knows his right and still fights to get it without fear of repercussions,if we had a million of him in this country, our politicians would not be this useless, I was expecting OAU to state why he disturbed "public peace" and why he was charged for "insubordination" but they smartly avoided it.Mr man, you are destined for great things,they can't stop your shine, go into politics and be the change we need, then they will come begging at your feet.

They did it to Muritala, Idiagbon & Funsho Williams.

Our clueless politicians are still in the business of unexplained murder.

If they can't tarnish your image, they will invite you to become one of them. if U reject their invitation, then they will come for Ur head.
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by TENHEU22(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:
Please is your name Bello too.

1 Like

Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by saintandsinnerz: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2017
defashan:

Maybe he is related to Namadi Cownu of Biafra. Yorubas are respectful. This boy is not.

Both might be intelligent, full of energy, fearless, highly disrespectful of constituted authority.

They may have genuine reasons to raise their voices or fight but the difference is their strategy, who they fight, fighting a good fight at the wrong time and venue and fighting empty handed.

He may become frustrated but successful in the future. His frustrations will make him become highly anti establishment like Sowore or Dilector Cownu. He might fight the state and the world through the media by establishing an online news outlet like Sahara reporters or a radio station like Cownu.
Mr man can you just shut up with your "Yoruba is respectful" nonsense? Respect ni, respect ko
Re: Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management by Kiakia(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2017
oz4real83:
Did you read the post at all? If you did, did you come across a line where the law school decided to admit him despite the negative report against him and even made sign an undertaking to be of good behaviour which he serially violated? Has it occured to you that the said Bello might be a nut case? Is this the type of person that you think is proper to be admitted to the Nigerian Bar? Do you even know the standard set for any aspirant to the legal profession? In view of the statement released by the management of NLS, do you think that this Bello is a fit and proper person for the Bar? Pls, always digest and comprehend a post before rushing to comment. The Bello boy was rightly expelled from the Nigerian Law School in the circumstane of the case built against him.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Motunrayo Ajia: Covenant University CGPA 5.0, All Time Best Graduating Student / Petrochemical Engineering, Is It A Nice Career / See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.