Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? (2415 Views)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 3:28am On Jul 27, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by armyofone(m): 3:34am On Jul 27, 2017
@Rooster drinker grin grin grin
Let me continue reading.
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 3:38am On Jul 27, 2017
armyofone:
Let me continue reading.

grin

Sure, and drop a comment when you're through.
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by cococandy(f): 3:55am On Jul 27, 2017
You couldn't be anymore correct if you tried to.

Ever since my subconscious self woke up to these subtle indoctrinations of male superiority, I make great effort never to use those word or phrases in any situation. Sometimes I fail because I'm as much a victim of the society as anyone.

But I know That's how children are raised to think that anything feminine is subpar and then girls grow up with low self esteem which then affects their performances....but I digress. Not because they have actually done any research that proves feminity is inferior.

Feeble minded people tend to believe that male superiority is a divine order whereas it just a result of centuries of subtle indoctrination.

1 Like

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by chillis1: 3:56am On Jul 27, 2017
Nice read! Why did you stop at just english language?

Take for instance in french language..
An office(le bureau) is described as masculin " he" while a kitchen(la cuisine) is a "she ".

A knife(le couteau ) is a he while fork and spoon (a she).

A sitting room (le salon) a 'he' while bedroom (la chambre ) à 'she'

You go fear language Na.

Buttocks and breast (la fesse cheesy ) a. ....while heart is a .... ( fill in the blank).

A lion(le lion ) is a .... while a frog (une grenouille ) is a ..... grin.

Women Don suffer.
That's why we the femenists are pushing to terminate other languages first then focus on English language to eradicate all these manist stupid terms . cool
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by cococandy(f): 3:57am On Jul 27, 2017
chillis1:

An office(le bureau) is described as masculin " he" while a kitchen(la cuisine) is a "she ".

A knife
Where have you been kiss
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by cococandy(f): 4:00am On Jul 27, 2017
About that 'why are you driving like a woman?' question which is common in nigeria.
Research has actually shown that women drivers have way less road accidents than men.

Why they keep insisting on denigrating womanhood at any given opportunity, I still can't understand.

2 Likes

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by chillis1: 4:04am On Jul 27, 2017
cococandy:

Where have you been kiss

Why did you quote half text. cheesy
Sweetie miss you. I was in prison oh. Just got released grin
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by cococandy(f): 4:05am On Jul 27, 2017
Now let's talk about genitaliaa.
Having balls (scrotum) is supposedly a sign of strength. It's all too common for someone to ask "do you have the balls to do this or that?''

However even a 10 year old child learns very quickly how fragile those sacs and their contents are. Smh. Don't even look at them too hard or they hurt.

A pusssy (vvagina) that is supposedly weak, takes a pounding and is still like nothing happened to it. That same pussy bring forth a human being into the world and goes back to work unbothered.

Hmm says a lot about what the real problem is doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by cococandy(f): 4:06am On Jul 27, 2017
chillis1:

I missed you too. kiss kiss

That prison sentence was very long o. What did you do? Rob Seun?
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by chillis1: 4:10am On Jul 27, 2017
cococandy:

I missed you too. kiss kiss

That prison sentence was very long o. What did you do? Rob Seun?

Local Seun*? I do international abeg. How my little god daughter doing?
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by chillis1: 4:12am On Jul 27, 2017
cococandy:
Having balls (scrotum) is supposedly a sign of strength. It's all too common for someone to ask "do you have the balls to do this or that?''

However even a 10 year old child learns very quickly how fragile those sacs and their contents are. Smh. Don't even look at them too hard or they hurt.

A pusssy (vvagina) that is supposedly weak, takes a pounding and is still like nothing happened to it. That same pussy bring forth a human being into the world and goes back to work unbothered.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by cococandy(f): 4:13am On Jul 27, 2017
chillis1:

Local Seun*? I do international abeg. How my little god daughter doing?
She's doing great. Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Martin0(m): 5:24am On Jul 27, 2017
cococandy:
About that 'why are you driving like a woman?' question which is common in nigeria.
Research has actually shown that women drivers have way less road accidents than men.

Why they keep insisting on denigrating womanhood at any given opportunity, I still can't understand.

Men cause 6.1 million accidents per
year and women cause 4.4 million
per year
105.7 million women and 104.3
million men have drivers licenses

On average, men drive 16,550 miles
and women drive 10,142 miles per
year
So men account for roughly 1.73^12
miles driven per year, while women
drive a combined total of 1.07^12 miles
per year.

That means men drive about 30 percent
more miles than women. Yet, they’re
implicated in slightly less than 30
percent of car accidents. Men do cause
more accidents, but they are actually
less at-risk than women, by a small
margin.

Please women especially cococandy when you wanna explain something,please do with prove,or explain with a point ah..

When women beging to drive more miles and take more risk on driving as statistics have showed above then the reverse it will be...

So when they say in nigeria ''why u drivin like a woman'' blame nobody coz it well clear and stated at the above why he or she should be quoted like that...grin
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Martin0(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2017
armyofone:
Let me continue reading.
what do have to say regarding what op said,I wanna see ur opinion here
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by sisisioge: 5:27am On Jul 27, 2017
This feminine issue has been flogged and over flogged. May God help me outta my recently developed laziness...whew, you scared me with the length embarassed

Howdy?
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Acidosis(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Why should the words "driving like a woman" be an issue when we've equally seen a "person fighting like a woman"?

I will support feminism the day women wrestlers fight their male counterparts like Randy Orton, Hulk Hogan, Ray Mysterio, etc.

Women should stop creating problems for themselves. A woman is supposed to be tender and gentle, not roaring like a demon online clamouring for equality with another gender when, in fact, her roles to herself family and the society have been left unattended to. A woman will forever drive differently from certain men, men are generally risk takers, and that's why we see more men in car race and other related sports.
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Humanistme: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2017
wow in that case I think igbolanguage is the most feminist language evergrin. words don't have gender and our pronouns are genderless LOL
chillis1:

You go fear language Na.

Buttocks and breast (la fesse cheesy ) a. ....while heart is a .... ( fill in the blank).

Women Don suffer.
That's why we the femenists are pushing to terminate other languages first then focus on English language to eradicate all these manist stupid terms . cool

wow

1 Like

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Puneet360(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2017
Humanistme:

wow in that case I think igbolanguage is the most feminist language evergrin. words don't have gender and our pronouns are genderless LOL

wow
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Humanistme: 8:43am On Jul 27, 2017
Martin0:

Men cause 6.1 million accidents per
year and women cause 4.4 million
per year
105.7 million women and 104.3
million men have drivers licenses

On average, men drive 16,550 miles
and women drive 10,142 miles per
year
So men account for roughly 1.73^12
miles driven per year, while women
drive a combined total of 1.07^12 miles
per year.

That means men drive about 30 percent
more miles than women. Yet, they’re
implicated in slightly less than 30
percent of car accidents. Men do cause
more accidents, but they are actually
less at-risk than women, by a small
margin.

Please women especially cococandy when you wanna explain something,please do with prove,or explain with a point ah..

When women beging to drive more miles and take more risk on driving as statistics have showed above then the reverse it will be...

So when they say in nigeria ''why u drivin like a woman'' blame nobody coz it well clear and stated at the above why he or she should be quoted like that...grin

source?
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2017
cococandy:

Funnily enough, I wanted to include this in the list but I was considering the length. So true.

Your imagery is savage! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2017
chillis1:

I was putting lazy readers like Sisisioge in mind. grin

Thanks.

You go fear language Na.

Women Don suffer.

This is quite interesting. I didn't know this before.

Have you heard of the Feminist Language Reform? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminist_language_reform
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2017
sisisioge:
This feminine issue has been flogged and over flogged. May God help me outta my recently developed laziness..whew, you scared me with the length embarassed

Howdy?

You have been having too much sex as of recent, that's the cause of your laziness. You know what to do, strap on that chastity belt and sex no more. cheesy
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by sisisioge: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You have been having too much sex as of recent, that's the cause of your laziness. You know what to do, strap on that chastity belt and sex no more. cheesy

U no too well.
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Onegai(f): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nigerian languages, in general, are not gendered.

#TeamSpeakYaLocalLanguage wink
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Khonifer: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Feminism has a lot of foes. From religion to culture... down to the people who consider zee world watching men as "humans suffering from a bizarre case of mental transvetism"
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by armyofone(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
Same thing here... I just laughed and slept off after reading grin na me Dark rebel wan rope in grin
When you have a mother and a sister and possibly will get a wife, why won't you do what will benefit them? I just don't understand the whole feminism stuff so I just stay in the ROM.
anyway my question is for number c.

c.) _Cock-sucker: This term is also used to refer to a weak and subservient person.. It is also commonly used by men on fellow men. The idea is this, when a woman fellates a guy she usually drops to her knees, a postural gesture that seems at one glance like the woman is completely surrendered to the man, worshipping him with her saliva and an energetic bobbing of the head. Therefore, when a man calls a fellow man a "cöck-sücker", he is in fact implying that the said man has gone down on his knees and sucked a cöck (a woman's job), albeit in a metaphorical sense, rendering him subservient, weak, and unfit to be called a man.
I wonder though, why the word “pussy-eater” is not in the index of swear words. Could it be because eating pussy is not as subservient a task as sucking a cöck?

So when a good guy/husband is giving you fellat, he also bobble his head in and out, in and out...what do we call that ?

sisisioge:
This feminine issue has been flogged and over flogged. May God help me outta my recently developed laziness...whew, you scared me with the length embarassed

Howdy?
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by armyofone(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
Good to see you Chilli. Where ileoba, Jenny etc

chillis1:

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2017
awesome post, OP.

why don't you have a blog? a bunch of people on NL with awful writing and grammar skills have blogs. a terrific writer like you should have a blog. a post like this deserves to be in a blog where lots of people can read it. don't just let it waste away on NL, lol.

DarkRebel69:
[size=11pt]

II.) [b]Similes of doom
: Simile is Metaphor's younger sibling and a poet's favourite plaything. It is used to make indirect comparisons between two seemingly discrete entities e.g. "Wiredleggings' dimples look like noble indentations".
smiley
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 1:12am On Jul 28, 2017
WiredLeggings:
awesome post, OP.
why don't you have a blog? a bunch of people on NL with awful writing and grammar skills have blogs. a terrific writer like you should have a blog. a post like this deserves to be in a blog where lots of people can read it. don't just let it waste away on NL, lol.
smiley

If I ran a blog, would you accord me leeway to blog about your beautiful dimple(s)? I mean, who would have thought that having a pothole on one's cheeks could become a thing of profound intrigue. grin

Thanks, anyway. I would surely put all you've said into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by DarkRebel69: 1:15am On Jul 28, 2017
Onegai:
Nigerian languages, in general, are not gendered.

#TeamSpeakYaLocalLanguage wink

The Yoruba language especially ranks high on the list of non-sexist languages of the world.
Re: Is Language The Greatest Foe Of Feminism? by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 28, 2017
DarkRebel69:

If I ran a blog, would you accord me leeway to blog about your beautiful dimple(s)? I mean, who would have thought that having a pothole on one's cheeks could become a thing of profound intrigue. grin

Thanks, anyway. I would surely put all you've said into consideration.

lol, sure, you have my permission to blog about my dimples. thanks for the insult tongue (@ potholes cry) compliment.

try and get that blog started, okay? i looking forward to reading your content.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Need To Take Forever Aloe Vera Gel. / Good / Would You Rather Cry In A Limo, Than Laugh On A Bicycle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.