Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market (461 Views)

Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics / Motorist In Lokoja Beats Black Market Fuel Dealer Mercilessly (Photos) / How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market by hischoice(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
Okay, I'm over the shock. I can share now. Read and learn.

I had $200, wanted to change to Naira. I stopped at Opebi and straight towards Alade market. I asked the first guy I met on the road what the his exchange rate was. He said it was N363. Of course, he was right, but I wanted more... GREED.

I walked up to the next with whom I was able to bargain N365. Yeaaaah... good bargainer I am.

He punched his calculator, my $200 would change for N73,000. Called his colleague to give me N73,000. He had a bunch of N1000 notes. He simply removed a few notes and handed the rest to me.

Of course, I had to count, I did. And it was 72 notes (N72,000). I told him it was less one. He took the money from me, recounted, and I made a mental count along.

Yes, it was 72. He apologized and added one more note. My N73,000 was complete. Tucked the money into the deepest of deeps in my bag. And off my way I went.

All was well until Day 2 when I had reasons to count my money again. Alas, N30,000 didn't make it into my bag. I have been scammed.

It was no juju, jazz, charm or whatever you might want to think. These guys know and have mastered the 10,000 hours rule. Time and practice have made them perfect at the trade. It happened at the point of him recounting.

You would lose your gold if you let greed becloud your judgement. I did. I knew N363 was the going rate before I left home. But I sought for too much rent on my gold than is reasonable.

Now, I am N30,000 wiser.
Re: How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market by Dollarship(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
shocked undecided grin
Re: How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market by Horlaidex(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
I knew something would happen when you handed the money to the guy to confirm it's not complete. Thank ur stars you're not paid with fake currencies.
Re: How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market by okirewaju(f): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
So when he gave it to you after adding one more note you did not count it again right?
Re: How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market by hischoice(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
okirewaju:
So when he gave it to you after adding one more note you did not count it again right?

Who would? Third counting (abi na fourth sef). Haba.
Re: How I Got Scammed At FOREX Black Market by delishpot: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
okirewaju:

That is the logic. They know that you already counted and know how much was there. They believe you would not suspect that they removed any adding the missing piece(s) would make you feel they have comp!ever it. But I feel they also create that tense moment to throw you off guard.

(1) (Reply)

680 JTF Members Died Repelling Boko Haram / Pregnant Students End In Hospital After Security Men Beat Them Up While Celebrat / Man Who Kidnaps And Sells Children For N30k In Lagos Caught (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.