Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? (8207 Views)

Which Of These Phones Should I Go For / Which Of These Phones Should I Go For / Nairalanders Which Of The Android Phones Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Lucascruiz(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:

Oga, madam. I will advice you to stay away from mtk phones in nigeria. They are substandard and nonsense.all these phone use mediatek mt6735. And then gionee which has mt6755. But they all have the same gpu. Mali t720 and mali t860 mp2 for the gionee which performs like the mali t628 with a lower clock count. Most of this phone ppi are very low. They don't shoot 4k and lack video stabilization. Their camera a huge pixels with low subpixels resulting in bad camera. Eg, TECNO cx 16mp front is nonsense compared to the Samsung s8 8mp.it not about the size of PIxel. Or the iPhone 7 7mp front. Either. So I will suggest you go buy the new Nokia 6 for 85k or settle with Nokia 5.with andreno 505 and 405 with snapdragon 430 and 435.with better camera, 8mp front and better back compared to the substandard products in nigeria.

Modified ** I noticed Nigeria is a dumping place for substandard products.. Due to inflation, job opportunities, poverty. They sell us substandard products at a high price too. Now imagine Motorola released Moto c in nigeria. Omg 2gb ram..

This is exactly what av been saying,save money and buy a standard phone that you ll enjoy...my htc one e8 of 2014 is healthy running official marshmallow,fone that came with kitkat..and it beats all these craps hands down...heavens forbid I buy tecno,infinix,itel
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Villager780: 11:35am On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:
what are the prices of the phone you mentioned? Can u tell me here.

Also I suggest you can buy a second value Samsung s6 for around 65 to 70k.go check jiji olx etc. Or buy Samsung s5.
Most mtk phones snapchat filter lags.. My Samsung alpha 2mp camera is like 5mp on my mums TECNO camon cx. And my snapchat don't hang though it s 2014 phone
bro will u suggest Samsung galaxy s6 over tecno camon cx I need a good phone. Am afraid if Samsung won't send in update always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Suspect33(m): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:
what are the prices of the phone you mentioned? Can u tell me here.

Also I suggest you can buy a second value Samsung s6 for around 65 to 70k.go check jiji olx etc. Or buy Samsung s5.
Most mtk phones snapchat filter lags.. My Samsung alpha 2mp camera is like 5mp on my mums TECNO camon cx. And my snapchat don't hang though it s 2014 phone
the CX and Gionee M5 are both valued at 50-60k, while Infinix not 4 goes for about 60-70k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
Suspect33:
the CX and Gionee M5 are both valued at 50-60k, while Infinix not 4 goes for about 60-70k
then go check Nokia 5 it's the best option for u. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
Villager780:
bro will u suggest Samsung galaxy s6 over tecno camon cx I need a good phone. Am afraid if Samsung won't send in update always
Samsung updates are late. They ain't Google nah. Besides you can easily get custom rom for any Samsung phone. I mean any. Right now I'm running 6.0 on my aloha. With Oz can rom.
Rom heavily debloated
Deodexed
Odexed
With xposed kernal
Custom kernel for overclocking

Mtk phone don't get this. Thanks

Nokia 5 is the final option for me

Look at my task far though I am running full immerse me for marshmallowbut you see that my network and battery look beautiful and different

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Suspect33(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:
then go check Nokia 5 it's the best option for u. Thanks
its a NO NO, i love big screen, 5'5 and above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Olibboy: 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
Ennyholar:
Baba I suggest you get yourself a Camon CX... seriously I love mine ..Have all the required sensors. Gyroscope, Magnetometor and Compass.
how about cx air
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
tink am gonna second dat
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Original sealed Tecno CX and L8 Lite available in stock at a give away prices
Tecno L8 Lite::: N30,000
Tecno CX:::N56000
Contact Bennex Communication on WhatsApp now to order 070.3101.6759
Free delivery to customers in some locations in Abuja and Nasarawa State
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
Suspect33:
its a NO NO, i love big screen, 5'5 and above
Oga buy whatever u want. If 5.2 inch is small for u. Go buy Samsung s8 with 5.7 if u nerd big screen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by shedy03(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:

Oga, madam. I will advice you to stay away from mtk phones in nigeria. They are substandard and nonsense.all these phone use mediatek mt6735. And then gionee which has mt6755. But they all have the same gpu. Mali t720 and mali t860 mp2 for the gionee which performs like the mali t628 with a lower clock count. Most of this phone ppi are very low. They don't shoot 4k and lack video stabilization. Their camera a huge pixels with low subpixels resulting in bad camera. Eg, TECNO cx 16mp front is nonsense compared to the Samsung s8 8mp.it not about the size of PIxel. Or the iPhone 7 7mp front. Either. So I will suggest you go buy the new Nokia 6 for 85k or settle with Nokia 5.with andreno 505 and 405 with snapdragon 430 and 435.with better camera, 8mp front and better back compared to the substandard products in nigeria.

Modified ** I noticed Nigeria is a dumping place for substandard products.. Due to inflation, job opportunities, poverty. They sell us substandard products at a high price too. Now imagine Motorola released Moto c in nigeria. Omg 2gb ram..

I did not totally agree with you Oga madam,
mtk phones are not completely substandard. they are made to be affordable, and they serve and deliver sometimes more than the snapdragons phones you praise.
my infinix note 2 LTE is almost 3yrs now, I have not had reason to take it for repairs. it has never failed. tecno H6 I used b4 infinix never had problem until I parted with it.
stop using specs theory to underrate affordable mtk phones. hola amigo.
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Otantu: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
please what of huawei p9 3gb ram 32gb rom,someone gave it to me @80k (about 1month old)
CHESTER48:
Oga buy whatever u want. If 5.2 inch is small for u. Go buy Samsung s8 with 5.7 if u nerd big screen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
Otantu:
please what of huawei p9 3gb ram 32gb rom,someone gave it to me @80k (about 1month old)
it a quality mtk device. But since u have 80k why not add up and get the nokia 6.its newer and will receive more update than the huawei..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Otantu: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:
it a quality mtk device. But since u have 80k why not add up and get the nokia 6.its newer and will receive more update than the huawei..
please does this nokia 6 support glo 4G? (band 28)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Suspect33(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Otantu:
Its supports 4G on all sims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by sweetflame(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
What about redmi note 4x?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Unseen(m): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:

Bros. You don try.... I don't see how someone will see Nokia and still be mentioning all these advanced chinko phones. The OP has enough choice now. If he likes, he should settle for Chinko. Na him sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
CHESTER48:
bro huawei p9 beats nokia 6 hands down nd its not an mtk device it uses Huawei's own chipset kirin 955 dat phone no be mates with nokia 6 bro and stop praising nokia 6 too much its a good phone agreed but there are other devices that re better than it bro ...
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Otantu:
bro go for it d device makes sense its a flagship would still perform like 1
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Otantu: 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
toluwanimi07:
tnx bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Youngpo413: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2017
Otantu:
even Nokia 3 supports that.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Youngpo413: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2017
toluwanimi07:
if it's not a clone o..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Cunninlinguist: 8:47am On Jul 29, 2017
CHESTER48:
Samsung updates are late. They ain't Google nah. Besides you can easily get custom rom for any Samsung phone. I mean any. Right now I'm running 6.0 on my aloha. With Oz can rom.
Rom heavily debloated
Deodexed
Odexed
With xposed kernal
Custom kernel for overclocking

Mtk phone don't get this. Thanks

Nokia 5 is the final option for me

Look at my task far though I am running full immerse me for marshmallowbut you see that my network and battery look beautiful and different

Oga mi,abeg help me choose btw samsung galaxy j7prime and gionee A1.I am just interested in gaming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2017
Cunninlinguist:
Oga mi,abeg help me choose btw samsung galaxy j7prime and gionee A1.I am just interested in gaming
the Samsung and Gionee are both midrange smartphones. With the gionee having a mediatek Mt 6755 with mali t860mp2 and Sammy with Exynos 7870 Octa with mali t830 mp2. They are not good for gaming at all. But I think the gionee has more clock count. But won't determine speed. We'll every other thing are neck and neck. Sammy has lower front camera with more focal length. But the gionee has bigger with less. Resulting to better image on the Sammy than the gionee. Atleast at night it can trap more light. Gini has 1 gb of ram extra to the Sammy.

Well my answer is they are just midrange phones.

So buy the one you think is cheaper. They perform neck and neck. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
toluwanimi07:
bro huawei p9 beats nokia 6 hands down nd its not an mtk device it uses Huawei's own chipset kirin 955 dat phone no be mates with nokia 6 bro and stop praising nokia 6 too much its a good phone agreed but there are other devices that re better than it bro ...
winkdidn't you see where I said it a quality device. Did I mention nokia beating it. Nawa oo. I said since the nokia is new with carton is it not better he buys and still gets the same performance a normal phone will. A mid range

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Cunninlinguist: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
CHESTER48:
the Samsung and Gionee are both midrange smartphones. With the gionee having a mediatek Mt 6755 with mali t860mp2 and Sammy with Exynos 7870 Octa with mali t830 mp2. They are not good for gaming at all. But I think the gionee has more clock count. But won't determine speed. We'll every other thing are neck and neck. Sammy has lower front camera with more focal length. But the gionee has bigger with less. Resulting to better image on the Sammy than the gionee. Atleast at night it can trap more light. Gini has 1 gb of ram extra to the Sammy.

Well my answer is they are just midrange phones.

So buy the one you think is cheaper. They perform neck and neck. Thanks

Thanks 4 your quick response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Youngpo413:
if it's not a clone o..
i dont think so for that price

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
CHESTER48:
winkdidn't you see where I said it a quality device. Did I mention nokia beating it. Nawa oo. I said since the nokia is new with carton is it not better he buys and still gets the same performance a normal phone will. A mid range
d performance wont be up to the Huawei's bro
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cunninlinguist:
check out xiaomi redmi note 4x 4gb 64gb fots ur budget change go still remain sef if i am not mistaking
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by toluwanimi07(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cunninlinguist:
bro since ur budget seems high go for xiaomi redmi note 4x 4gb 64gb change go remain sef Snapdragon 625 adreno 506 gpu octa core 2.0ghz built on 14nm process it also has a 4100mah plus irblaster
Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by shiftback: 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ennyholar:
Baba I suggest you get yourself a Camon CX... seriously I love mine ..Have all the required sensors. Gyroscope, Magnetometor and Compass.
Your head is there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Phones Should I Settle For? by Suspect33(m): 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
sweetflame:
What about redmi note 4x?
price??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sound Bars, Home Theatre Or JBL: Which Is Better? / Official Infinix Hot S Thread / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.